Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Tried get that night oil you guys were raving about, from space n k but they've recalled all the product so there's none in stock, not even a tester

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

bscm wrote: »
    Bank account hate me, but Space.NK had a points event on and payday was during the week :P

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Heard amazing things about this for my skin type (combination-oily), so I decided to finally give it a go. Only used it once so far, sinks in insanely quickly so even though it's an oil, you don't end up with a slick film on your face. Smells a lot better than my old A'Kin Rosehip oil, the lavender definitely makes it feel more like a nighttime oil.

Emma Hardy Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. Holy crap. It took off Benefit's They're Real Mascara (along with an entire face full of make up), in one go. And my skin felt clean but really soft after.

Thought I'd check back in with these as some people mentioned they'd like to hear how I got on with them :) Just as a FYI, I have combo-oily dehydrated skin, with hormonal breakouts mainly (blackheads are a permanent fixture on my nose).

Love the Emma Hardy Cleansing Balm. At it's price point though, I don't think it'll be something I repurchase when I eventually move out and have to fork out Dublin rent prices. At the moment, living rent free with the parents, it definitely is something I'll pick up again. Still on my first tub (about 5ish weeks, still have yet to hit the bottom), and I use it day and night (sometimes to double cleanse if I feel the need). It's like a magic eraser when you use it properly. Gets rid of every bit of makeup, even Benefit's They're Real mascara, with no effort. The cloth is a bit hit and miss. When I remember to throw it in the wash when it gets a bit grimy, I love it. But I don't really miss it if I just rinse my face under running water and use a few cotton pads to remove the residue. I sometimes leave it on for a bit as a moisturising mask. Some people can sleep in it, but with my skin I feel like using a balm cleanser is enough.

The Kiehls oil. Love this to pieces. I've used it almost every night for 5 weeks, sometimes using more than the "3-4 drops", and I've barely made a dent. This bottle may last me a year. I definitely notice more of a difference when I get enough sleep. At the weekend, particularly by Monday morning, the lines on my forehead are completely plumped out, and there's definitely a radiance to my face when I wash off the residue. During the week, because I get up so early for work, there's not as much of a difference compared to 2-3 nights of good amounts of deep sleep. But it's definitely a product that I notice the difference in my skin if I forget to use it.

Next on the shopping list is either Alpha H Liquid Gold or Pixi Glow Tonic (or both if Cult Beauty have a promo code soon :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

This week I bought Dermalogica facial wash and moisturiser and am already seeing a huge improvement in my skin. Expensive but worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

This week I bought Dermalogica facial wash and moisturiser and am already seeing a huge improvement in my skin. Expensive but worth it!

I've never used it... maybe I'll try it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Next on the shopping list is either Alpha H Liquid Gold or Pixi Glow Tonic (or both if Cult Beauty have a promo code soon :p)

M&S are stocking Pixi stuff now and they sometimes have 20% off so keep eyes peeled!

Also TK Maxx stock EH stuff from time to time - always very tempted. I did try the body scrub before but not sure if it was worth the sponds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Finished my L'Oreal Infallible Matte foundation the other day so more out of curiosity than anything, I decided to try a Catrice one. Used it for the first time yesterday.

It's REALLY creamy. Used my usual 5 "dots" (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin) worth and it ended up being way too much.

Coverage is very light. Doesn't really bother me but if you need a bit of help in the skin department, I can't see you liking this.

Staying power is good. Not sure how well it would perform without powder but it stayed nice and matte and even on me all day.

All in all, not bad for €6.99. I think I'll probably go back to the LIM once it's gone, though.

12039726_10154221054807678_5044953552460115440_n.jpg?oh=2380458e33c474b0e3c435c75daec1ff&oe=568ACBCB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

is that the new Catrice one Dial Hard?

I read a review where it was compared to the Urban Decay Naked one so tempted to try it! You can't go wrong with the price anyway although the below review mentions that it settles in fine lines.:(

http://www.totalmakeupaddict.com/2015/09/catrice-liquid-camouflage-high-coverage.html

Sorry just realized you are talking about a Catrice foundation - sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

My sister & I decided to club in together to avail of Makeup Revolution's deal that they have on atm. If you buy £30 worth of cosmetics you'll get £30 cosmetics free. I don't think I have ever bought anything or used anything by MUR but after hearing all the comments and reviews of their stuff I can't wait! My only real gripe with the order is to £ to € exchange, it was ridiculously bad. I ended up having to leave out things that I really wanted because I couldn't bloody well afford them!

Rant over, we ended up ordering:
    Ultra Base Corrector Palette
    I ♡ Makeup Slogan Palette Selfie with FREE mini primer
    Inner Eye Brightener
    Ultra Cover and Conceal Palette-Light
    Atomic Lipstick Ruby
    Ultra Contour Palette
    The One Concealer

What we got free:
    Eye Dust in shade Ettiquette
    Eyeshadow in shade Go!
    Salvation Intense Lip Lacquer in shade Nothing like you and I
    The One Blush Stick in shade Malibu
    The One Blush Stick in shade Pink
    EatSleepMakeupRepeat Palette
    Welcome to the Pleasuredome Palette
    I ♡ Makeup Eye Primer in shade Wow
    Eyeshadow in shade Envy
    Eyeshadow in shade U know u want to

If there is anything any of ye specifically want reviewed, please let me know! Shipping was only £4.95, which is pretty reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

I have the eye dust in Etiquette, stunning colour, but no where near as pigmented on the eye. Very disappointed with it.
    I got a couple of the single shadows free also with my last order and very lacking in pigment.
    Dont' have the Pleasuredome palette but I do have the Girl Panic one which is part of the same range, which I also got for free, and it's lying untouched, just was not overly impressed by it.
    Not trying to dissuade you at all just a warning that their free items are generally not a good as the rest of their products

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

ameliams wrote: »
    I have the eye dust in Etiquette, stunning colour, but no where near as pigmented on the eye. Very disappointed with it.
    I got a couple of the single shadows free also with my last order and very lacking in pigment.
    Dont' have the Pleasuredome palette but I do have the Girl Panic one which is part of the same range, which I also got for free, and it's lying untouched, just was not overly impressed by it.
    Not trying to dissuade you at all just a warning that their free items are generally not a good as the rest of their products

Oh that's a shame, was rather looking forward to using them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Umekichi wrote: »
    My sister & I decided to club in together to avail of Makeup Revolution's deal that they have on atm. If you buy £30 worth of cosmetics you'll get £30 cosmetics free..........

After reading this yesterday I though I would use some of my free water conservation moneys & take advantage of the offer to buy some Christmas presents for my sister & best mate!
    I was expecting to buy £30 worth of product + delivery. I was adding my items to the cart & when the total hit £24 all the freebies were in the cart! Looks like the offer is automatically applied when your total is £30, then they minus any 3 for 2 offers :)

I got this lot for £29.93 (€40.60) including delivery!
    Salvation Palette Hard Day
    Pro Looks Palette -Stripped & Bare
    Pro Looks Palette -Big Love
    I ♡ Makeup Brow Kit Bold is best
    Protection Palette-Medium
    Liphug-I am ready!
    Liphug-Want to leave?
    I ♡ Makeup I am Sexy
    FREE - Eye Dust
    FREE - Eyeshadow Go!
    FREE - Salvation Intense Lip Lacquer Nothing like you and I
    FREE - The One Blush Stick -Malibu
    FREE - The One Blush Stick -Pink
    FREE - Pro Looks Palette
    FREE - 3 for 2! Salvation Palette Welcome to the Pleasuredome
    FREE - I ♡ Makeup Eye Primer-Wow
    FREE - Eyeshadow Envy MURESENVY
    FREE - Eyeshadow U know u want to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Got this for mam for Xmas in TK Maxx for €18.99 today.

brightmud_box_retouched_french_3_2-580x333.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Am getting so annoyed with the empty NYX stands about the place. For the last two months the few that are around where I live have not been restocked and nobody seems to know when they will be again. Trying to get my hands on the eye pencil in milk but can't for the life of me find it in stock. Is it just Galway that their stands are so sparse or is it a problem elsewhere too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

anna080 wrote: »
    Am getting so annoyed with the empty NYX stands about the place. For the last two months the few that are around where I live have not been restocked and nobody seems to know when they will be again. Trying to get my hands on the eye pencil in milk but can't for the life of me find it in stock. Is it just Galway that their stands are so sparse or is it a problem elsewhere too?

Nope, same in Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I queried this in the only chemist in the town that stocked NYX and they said NYX was in the process of being taken over by L'Oreal so that why they're badly stocked at the minute. A few weeks ago they got a big delivery in and all the good stuff was cleared in a few days! I got nothing I was looking for :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's true. L'Oreal opened up a new warehouse/depot to deal with NYX orders and it's like they haven't a clue. They keep getting our orders wrong, and getting testers is like pulling teeth.

I'd say our stand is about 60% full, but we only got that far by absolutely plaguing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

The Kiehls oil. Love this to pieces. I've used it almost every night for 5 weeks, sometimes using more than the "3-4 drops", and I've barely made a dent. This bottle may last me a year. I definitely notice more of a difference when I get enough sleep. At the weekend, particularly by Monday morning, the lines on my forehead are completely plumped out, and there's definitely a radiance to my face when I wash off the residue. During the week, because I get up so early for work, there's not as much of a difference compared to 2-3 nights of good amounts of deep sleep. But it's definitely a product that I notice the difference in my skin if I forget to use it.

Thanks for the update! Making my way through the Trilogy oil but I'll definitely be purchasing Kiehls after it's gone.:)

Bought Garnier's Sleep cream on the Boots website. Here's hoping it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Any recommendations for a cheapish primer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Taboola wrote: »
    What type of primer? Mattifying, radiance, smoothing, hydrating etc.?

I adore this one, its my favourite one.

http://www.boots.ie/en/LOreal-Paris-Skin-Perfection-Magic-Touch-Instant-Blur_1360864/

It's mattifying and smoothing. Any pores, etc. it completely hides, my foundation doesn't sink into the pores, fine lines, cake around my nose like it sometimes did.

MUFE mattifying one is alright, expensive for what it is at €33, I wouldn't repurchase it, same goes for their smoothing primer, its useless. Smooths nothing, again, expensive at €33.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I've always used garnier oil free bb cream as a primer :o makes my foundation look flawless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I was in Boots in London last week (bad bad bad!) and I had to pick up a few bits, it'd be rude not to. :D

Two of the new L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Lip Colours in Sable & Teaberry:

rsz_a647555.jpgrsz_a732510.jpg

Sable is a little bit too brown for me so I haven't worn it much yet. Teaberry is a beautiful colour, not too bright or in your face but still a nice rich colour. They're so comfortable & long wearing, highly recommend. They're along the same lines as the Rimmel Provocolips colours, with a liquid lipstick & balm.

Fleur De Force false eyelashes in Fleur Loves:

rsz_eylure_fleur_de_force_fleur_loves_lashes_1440690243.png

I usually don't wear false lashes, can't get the hang of them. These are 3/4 length lashes though and are so so easy to apply. They're so lightweight & comfortable. I'll definitely be wearing these for special occasions/nights out/weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Bought these two beauties at the weekend.

They are both stunning!!

Gorgeous colours and lovely pigmentation.

I'm so impressed and they were just €4.99 in Penneys.

I had been going to get the Catrice Matt palette but having swatched it a number of times, I don't feel it's as good as the Essence ones.

I'm going to get the Vintage palette from the same range asap! :o (because I absolutely need it!!!) :rolleyes:

ess_all_about_bronze_EyeshPalette_0815.jpg

ess_all_about_nudes_EyeshPalette_0815.jpg

SOAP & GLORY™ ONE HECK OF A BLOT™ is a lovely primer.

I use it regularly and really like it.

It's as good as No 7's Airbrush Away but 1/2 of the price at €10!

There's 3 for 2 on S&G in Boots at the moment too. :D

The primer is available in Boots Maynooth, Dundrum, & Liffey Valley that I know of.

(Link to the product on UK site as it's not on the .ie one!)

http://www.boots.com/en/SOAP-GLORY-8482-One-Heck-Of-A-Blot-8482-INSTANT-PERFECTING-POWER-PRIMER_1742108/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Some new products. I am a Mac junkie but the past while, I've strayed away from them a little bit. I've little pics of new products I used while doing my face today.
    Ignore my very tiny top lip, as always, I'm sure the colour would look even better on a fuller lip.

To start.
    This matt lipstick colour is amazzzzzzzzing. I love it. I have searched high and low for it since seeing reviews on it and eventually picked one up. It's called Copenhagen by NYX. Here i have used a prune lipliner also NYX. I love the lipliner.
    It goes on quite easy, like a lipgloss really but it sets as a Matt. It's a little on the irritating side but nothing too bad. For the price (7 odd euro) the staying power is decent enough.

6pvp1t.jpg

Eyes.
    Tear ducts: Mac Nylon
    On the eyelid: Mac painterly and mac pigment naked over a beige inglot shadow.
    Just random inglot brown and greys on the outer corners/crease and underneath.

I like nylon but pigment is only alright.
    I LOVE inglot for eyeshadows. So easy to blend and they really last.
    Spider lashes: they're real by benefit. Worst mascara ever buts that for another day.

2i9hx07.jpg

keredern wrote: »
    SOAP & GLORY™ ONE HECK OF A BLOT™ is a lovely primer.

I use it regularly and really like it.

It's as good as No 7's Airbrush Away but 1/2 of the price at €10!

There's 3 for 2 on S&G in Boots at the moment too. :D

The primer is available in Boots Maynooth, Dundrum, & Liffey Valley that I know of.

(Link to the product on UK site as it's not on the .ie one!)

http://www.boots.com/en/SOAP-GLORY-8482-One-Heck-Of-A-Blot-8482-INSTANT-PERFECTING-POWER-PRIMER_1742108/

Sorry, just found it on the .ie site but the price is gone up since I purchased it!

It's now €13.50.

https://www.boots.ie/en/SOAP-GLORY-8482-One-Heck-Of-A-Blot-8482-INSTANT-PERFECTING-POWER-PRIMER_1742108/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I've always found this one from Catrice pretty good. I think it's around €6

http://www.catrice.eu/en/products/base-primer/detail/product/prime-and-fine-smoothing-refiner.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I've always found this one from Catrice pretty good. I think it's around €6

http://www.catrice.eu/en/products/base-primer/detail/product/prime-and-fine-smoothing-refiner.html

+1 to this! Have been using this for about 6 years I think... love it! I get some redness in my skin and I find this blurs that really well. Plus my makeup lasts all night with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

tomissex wrote: »
    +1 to this! Have been using this for about 6 years I think... love it! I get some redness in my skin and I find this blurs that really well. Plus my makeup lasts all night with it

Does anyone know of a Mat primer with spf? I have mega oily skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Thanks guys for the recommendations :) Preferably looking for something to smooth out my skin.

I usually use the MakeUpForever one but have run out. Going to the states in a few weeks and will pick it up there so just looking for one to use until then.

I didn't know Soap & Glory did one. Does it smell like other soap and glory products? I love their body stuff but don't like the smell of them near my face. Yeh I'm a weirdo. Will pick that up if it's not smelly and the Catrice one if it is.

Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Thanks guys for the recommendations :) Preferably looking for something to smooth out my skin.

I usually use the MakeUpForever one but have run out. Going to the states in a few weeks and will pick it up there so just looking for one to use until then.

I didn't know Soap & Glory did one. Does it smell like other soap and glory products? I love their body stuff but don't like the smell of them near my face. Yeh I'm a weirdo. Will pick that up if it's not smelly and the Catrice one if it is.

Thanks all

I use the body shop Vitamin C serum as a primer

Advertisement