Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Umekichi wrote: »
    It can mean a few things:
    • too much applied
    • Layering incompatibility
    • Not waiting long enough for product to be absorbed fully
    Layering incompatibility comes from layering products in the "wrong" order, some products just won't work together at all(Usually down to some incompatibility in the ingredients), other's will work in a specific order e.g: Imagine you use 2 moisturisers, a light one(X) and a heavy one(Y). Layering Y over X causes pilling, but X over Y does not. So you use X over Y.

That's exactly it!! I usually wait an hour and a half or 2 hours between moisturiser and oil. Maybe I'm using too much of the former?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

RosyLily wrote: »
    That's exactly it!! I usually wait an hour and a half or 2 hours between moisturiser and oil. Maybe I'm using too much of the former?
    It could be that, or it could be an ingredient in the moisturiser that doesn't agree with the oil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If I'm going somewhere warm I bring
    - cleanser
    - moisturiser
    - serum
    - bb cream
    - 1 blush
    - one eyeshadow palette
    - eyeliner
    - few lipsticks

I come back with about half of Mac though. The only thing I seem to buy on holiday is makeup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Bought Catrice "Prime and Fine" Catrice "Camouflage Cream" and Catrice "absolute eyecolour in kind of oyster pink. (I plan to use the eyecolour as highlighter)

I tried to post pics - but they turned out HUGE, so I deleted!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Elottois

Purchased the double Ying Yu Jade roller and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Kit from Cult Beauty last weekend. Hopefully items should be with me on Monday. I need to tame my brows and I'm hoping this kit will sort them out.🙈

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Does anyone dye their own eyebrows at home?

I usually get mine done when I'm getting them waxed (every 4-5 weeks) but i'm noticing lately that the dye is only lasting a week and a half.

Would like to do a top up between waxes. Any recommendations on brands etc? I heard the Eylure one is good.

Anybody go to the beauty show yesterday?? They were selling fake urban decay palettes! Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anybody go to the beauty show yesterday?? They were selling fake urban decay palettes! Disgraceful

Saw that on another thread here. Fake "naked 5" palettes. Disgraceful. Totally takes away from the credibility of the show

I remember when that was professional only. An actual trade show. Now all it is is a place to sell dodge products, have your palm read, and buy forever living products. There isn't even the same deals there for professionals.

And they had Suzanne Jackson on the crown brush stand like a show pony, trying to sell the makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Those shows are such a waste. We got free tickets to an Expose one with my mum and it was pure rubbish. We took ourselves off for a nice lunch and bubbly instead. Crap stuff everywhere.

• Advertisement

I am currently using anastasia dip brow pomode, which is amaaaazing.
    When that goes on, it does not come off. I have an amazing shape on my natural brow so I have no need to stencil it in.

So yesterday at the show, this lady stopped me and started to tell me about the amazing product she was selling. Asked me what I used at the min and I told her anastasia. She proceeds to scrub my brows with a wipe (still didn't get it all off)
    And applies her one, while telling me how much better this one is, how it'll save me using my anastasia one because "they're expensive" and how it doesn't come off and I'd get three stencils with it.

Only 30 euro!!! And the ones she was using, was hitting the pan, whereas with the anastasia, I don't think I'll ever get through it. Buttercups uniforms were there. 55 euro for my tunic. Bought it online for 49.99 from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I know you had to be 16 to enter but my niece who's just turned 14 went there with her mother who is a beautician. My niece wanted to have a walk around with her friend so they broke away from her mum for a small while. She was sold one of those eyebrow stencil sets you were on about there Lexie. Now she looks young, has big bushy untouched eyebrows and yet was targeted by that sales woman and sold this eyebrow stencil kit and was told it's what eveyone is using now. I'd be well tuned into make up and never heard of the brand before. €30 too for a 14 year old is a lot of money. Her mother was raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

I am currently using anastasia dip brow pomode, which is amaaaazing.
    When that goes on, it does not come off. I have an amazing shape on my natural brow so I have no need to stencil it in.

So yesterday at the show, this lady stopped me and started to tell me about the amazing product she was selling. Asked me what I used at the min and I told her anastasia. She proceeds to scrub my brows with a wipe (still didn't get it all off)
    And applies her one, while telling me how much better this one is, how it'll save me using my anastasia one because "they're expensive" and how it doesn't come off and I'd get three stencils with it.

Only 30 euro!!! And the ones she was using, was hitting the pan, whereas with the anastasia, I don't think I'll ever get through it. Buttercups uniforms were there. 55 euro for my tunic. Bought it online for 49.99 from their website.

Hi Lexie, Can I ask about the dip brow, is it a wax? I find the wax doesn't go on my brows as I have very little hair so I need shadow to fill in gaps etc but heard such good things about the dip brow so would love to try it

I don't think those places should be letting kids in there. It's bad form to sell it to kids but I guess they'd argue she wasn't supposed to be there. I don't think I'd go again to the professional beauty ones, it seems to be just for consumers. Battling your way through a rake of teenagers and hassled looking men.

It's not really a wax to be honest it reminds me more of a gel eyeliner, that consistency. It's really good for filling in gaps but I don't know what it would be like if you had very little eyebrows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Taboola wrote: »

I usually get mine done when I'm getting them waxed (every 4-5 weeks) but i'm noticing lately that the dye is only lasting a week and a half.

Would like to do a top up between waxes. Any recommendations on brands etc? I heard the Eylure one is good.

I do. Incredibly simple. Got the kit in boots. Can't link at the moment sorry.

Just remember to use vasaline around the eyebrow so it doesn't stain the skin and do a patch test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I use this from time to time, it's very good. http://www.boots.ie/en/Colorsport-30-Day-Mascara-Dark-Brown-Eyelash-Brow-Dye-Kit_1389382/ Seems more expensive, I think the last time I bought it it was 8 or 9 euro! But it's well worth the price and does a particularly good job on lashes too. Apply it carefully as it can stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I use the Eylure eyebrow tint (dark brown.) It's quite good but I'm not sure it lasts as long as they claim (up to 6 weeks I think?) I tinted mine a few weeks ago and initially they looked great but now I think they have faded quite a lot. I would wash my face/remove make up twice a day, I dunno if that's a factor.

I see Boots also stock Eylure Pro Brow dye online, not sure how different it is to the tint but I think I'll try that next time instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

highly recommend 1000 hour eyelash and eyebrow tint. Picked it up lately in a Sam McCauleys for just over €8. Way better than other brands I have tried

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

also Coloursport and eyelure have changed their formulation to "no mixing style" which is crap and doesn't work. You'll see people commenting it on the links above on the Boots reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

This post has been deleted.

i use this!

Beauty bay sell it. get the brush that is recommended too.. not sure the name sorry, i can find out when im home from work..

I also cant remember the price.. :o:o useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

jadie wrote: »
    highly recommend 1000 hour eyelash and eyebrow tint. Picked it up lately in a Sam McCauleys for just over €8. Way better than other brands I have tried

I'd agree! I find this much better than eyelure pro brow. I did my brows with pro brow last week and its faded already. The 1000 hour lasts much longer

Any body have recommendations on a really good face day cream?
    I work in and out of hot and cold temperatures and my skin gets so dry in the winter because of it....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

I've used a lot of creams in my day ( spending hundreds on a crème thinking right this is the one going to make all the difference !) and I keep returning to No 7 moisturises .... I highly recommend !

i got a lidl one earlier.. just to have as i had nothing.. il try it.. then maybe no 7

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

shakencat wrote: »
    i got a lidl one earlier.. just to have as i had nothing.. il try it.. then maybe no 7

Ive been using the no7 for a few yrs and loved it but decided to give the aldi 1 a go as loads have raved about it and have to say Im very happy - especially with the price! €1.99 compared to €30 for no7 protect and perfect. Ive been using the Renew Q10 day and night creams, the day cream definitely feels thicker than the no7 so that might be a good thing for the colder/harsher weather. Must also recommend the anti wrinkle serum for €3.99, loving it!

il be back in aldi/lidl this weekend so ill raid the shelves!
    I even bu all my tampons in there too..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

You really can't go wrong with the aldi range of skincare.

Their serums are highly recommended and I love their Expert day and night cream range.

All of the Expert range is excellent!

Bloggers rave about the ingredients and the price in all their skincare products!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Picked up some new stuff over the weekend.

Mac strobe cream love this always the get the travel size, only 10 euro, and three travel size is costs less than the full size and twice as much product.
    Also picked up Mac Fix+, travel size version also. This is amazing. Understand now why there is so much hype around it. Will be buying this again when I run out.

Picked up some inglot contour powders which I haven't tried yet.

Also picked up the sleek face form in light, comes with a contour powder, highlight and blush. So disappointed in this. I love sleek products so much. The ultra mattes vol 2 and the oh so special palette are my two most used palettes and I love the eyebrow kit. But this is not good. The contour shade is chalky and not very pigmented, my seventeen contour shade is a million times better. And the blush and highlighter are just glitter, no pigment or colour at all. Im going to keep using it and trying different things with it for awhile and see but don't have high hopes. I was looking for this for ages and was really hoping it would be good.

I'm almost out of my white shade in my sleek ultra mattes palette and I'm looking for a replacement. It's the perfect white that is so soft and blend able. I use it for brown bone highlight and to set pencil on my waterline. Anyone have any suggestions in a single pan version?

Really loving my seventeen contour set. Think it was 8.50. Such a good product really nice colours and very blend able.
    Also loving the Catrice colour correcting powder, I don't have major blemishes or anything but this really evens out my makeup. Also gone back to the Catrice matte foundation, such a pity the shade range is so bad.
    Not that I need more lipsticks but if anyone is looking, I swatched the urban decay matte lipsticks on my hand yesterday and today after countless hand washing and a shower you can still see the reminents of lipstick on my hand.

Going to be in Milan soon and I plan on dropping into Sephora any recommendations from anyone on anything to pick up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Couldn't find the 1000 hour one in Boots. Picked up the Coloursport Dark Brown.

Will do it Friday night.

I've been hacking away at my brows for the morning so I'm not sure there'll be much there to dye :P

Advertisement