Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Couldn't find the 1000 hour one in Boots. Picked up the Coloursport Dark Brown.

Will do it Friday night.

I've been hacking away at my brows for the morning so I'm not sure there'll be much there to dye :P

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

ameliams wrote: »
    Picked up some new stuff over the weekend.

Mac strobe cream love this always the get the travel size, only 10 euro, and three travel size is costs less than the full size and twice as much product.
    Also picked up Mac Fix+, travel size version also. This is amazing. Understand now why there is so much hype around it. Will be buying this again when I run out.

Picked up some inglot contour powders which I haven't tried yet.

Also picked up the sleek face form in light, comes with a contour powder, highlight and blush. So disappointed in this. I love sleek products so much. The ultra mattes vol 2 and the oh so special palette are my two most used palettes and I love the eyebrow kit. But this is not good. The contour shade is chalky and not very pigmented, my seventeen contour shade is a million times better. And the blush and highlighter are just glitter, no pigment or colour at all. Im going to keep using it and trying different things with it for awhile and see but don't have high hopes. I was looking for this for ages and was really hoping it would be good.

I'm almost out of my white shade in my sleek ultra mattes palette and I'm looking for a replacement. It's the perfect white that is so soft and blend able. I use it for brown bone highlight and to set pencil on my waterline. Anyone have any suggestions in a single pan version?

Really loving my seventeen contour set. Think it was 8.50. Such a good product really nice colours and very blend able.
    Also loving the Catrice colour correcting powder, I don't have major blemishes or anything but this really evens out my makeup. Also gone back to the Catrice matte foundation, such a pity the shade range is so bad.
    Not that I need more lipsticks but if anyone is looking, I swatched the urban decay matte lipsticks on my hand yesterday and today after countless hand washing and a shower you can still see the reminents of lipstick on my hand.

Going to be in Milan soon and I plan on dropping into Sephora any recommendations from anyone on anything to pick up?

I agree about the Sleek face form palettes...not great.

I know I've been banging on about Catrice and Essence a lot (!!) but the Catrice contour kit is exceptional!

Their foundations are all just brilliant...so so good.

And the Essence All About... eyeshadow palettes are my favourites of all my palettes...and I have quite a few!

I picked up the Roses one yesterday, and it's gorgeous. :)

roses.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

keredern wrote: »
    I agree about the Sleek face form palettes...not great.

I know I've been banging on about Catrice and Essence a lot (!!) but the Catrice contour kit is exceptional!

Their foundations are all just brilliant...so so good.

And the Essence All About... eyeshadow palettes are my favourites of all my palettes...and I have quite a few!

I picked up the Roses one yesterday, and it's gorgeous. :)

roses.jpeg

Yeah I love the foundation but the shade range is terrible. I think they have 4 shades? Even for drugstore that's pretty bad.

Love essence polishes, especially the top and base coat.
    Was looking at the roses one today, really like it but just don't really need it. Love my sleek palettes and my naked palettes. Also have a ton of MUA palettes that I got on sale in London, think they are utter crap. Waste of money completely. Right now I'd rather invest in a high end palette. Would love one of the Lorac palettes but don't know how I'd get my hands on one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Anyone interested in NYX and near the Coolock area, there's a stand in Northside shopping centre that's actually stocked with 20% off everything. Only thing I could see out of stock was the matte setting spray.

I picked up 5 lip pencils, 3 jumbo eye pencils and the brow pomade to see how it compares to the Anastasia one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Syndic wrote: »
    Anyone interested in NYX and near the Coolock area, there's a stand in Northside shopping centre that's actually stocked with 20% off everything. Only thing I could see out of stock was the matte setting spray.

I picked up 5 lip pencils, 3 jumbo eye pencils and the brow pomade to see how it compares to the Anastasia one.
    Hickey's on Grafton St is the same and the stand is full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Boots are about to start stocking it! I just got an email from them and signed up to the wait list for NYX liquid suedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Boots are about to start stocking it! I just got an email from them and signed up to the wait list for NYX liquid suedes.
    Got the email too but the link isn't working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

bought the Nair peel off wax, tried it twice and it's terrible...I have used waxes before but this was awful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dreannz

The new baked highlighters for Make up Revolution are gorgeous. I got the one that looks slightly lilac in colour. There are four colours. A pearly one a champagne kind of colour this lilac one and a more bronzed one, bad description I know. I would have bought them all. But this was the only one left on the shelves it's more intense highlight than the other two lighter ones. Uhh I have to get another they were all so lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

So went to sephora and spent over half an hour with a woman trying to find my colour. Poor woman, there is nothing much made for my tone of skin, ever so slightly pink toned but mainly neutral. And very pale.

Anyway. Ended up with tarte foundation which is an Amazonian clay 12 hour coverage. I love it so far but they give me a month to decide and if it doesn't work i get a fill refund. No questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can tarte be bought online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Just spotted on Boots' website that NYX are coming soon.

https://www.boots-waitinglist.com/nyx/liquid-suedes-roi/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

anna080 wrote: »
    Can tarte be bought online?

I have no idea. I know a couple of girls a few pages back said they used sephora online with parcel motel or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

NYX liquid suede now available on boots.ie And the one shade I want is sold out!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    NYX liquid suede now available on boots.ie And the one shade I want is sold out!

All three I want are gone. Don't think there's much left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

3 for 2 on make-up in Boots. Picked up Dream Satin Finish foundation in ivory, the Naomi Watts lipstick from LOreal and a nail polish from Rimmel's Kate Moss nude collection.

Will have to go back for some more bits. Be rude not to!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Finally got my hands on the Inglot HD foundation. I have to say it's easily one of the best foundation's I have ever used. I suffer from redness to the face meaning that before, when using foundation I would have to apply a colour correcting base and wait for it to work. However with this foundation I don't have to do that. I also don't have to worry about looking like Rudolph while wearing makeup. My only problem is that my shade seems to vary depending on the artist! I can understand Human error and that skin tone can change but Jesus, I go from 73 - 83 depending on the MUA!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

ameliams wrote:
    Also gone back to the Catrice matte foundation.

I bought this a few weeks ago (think I mentioned it here at the time) and I've decided I don't like it.

For a matte foundation the texture is REALLY creamy. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in and of itself but I've found that the stiffness of the pump makes it very difficult to dispense the smaller amounts of the product my skin (oily, admittedly) seems to need. It's actually a really weird product -a little of it goes a LONG way in terms of spreadability (for want of a better word!), but the coverage is extremely light.

I also don't find it particularly matte at all. I set it with both loose translucent powder and a matte bronzer and will still have shine coming through within a couple of hours.

I don't *hate* it, certainly not to the point where I'd chuck the bottle, but I'll be going back to my L'Oréal Infallible Matte when it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Umekichi wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on the Inglot HD foundation. I have to say it's easily one of the best foundation's I have ever used. I suffer from redness to the face meaning that before, when using foundation I would have to apply a colour correcting base and wait for it to work. However with this foundation I don't have to do that. I also don't have to worry about looking like Rudolph while wearing makeup. My only problem is that my shade seems to vary depending on the artist! I can understand Human error and that skin tone can change but Jesus, I go from 73 - 83 depending on the MUA!

Can I ask how much it is? Need a new foundation.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I bought this a few weeks ago (think I mentioned it here at the time) and I've decided I don't like it.

For a matte foundation the texture is REALLY creamy. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in and of itself but I've found that the stiffness of the pump makes it very difficult to dispense the smaller amounts of the product my skin (oily, admittedly) seems to need. It's actually a really weird product -a little of it goes a LONG way in terms of spreadability (for want of a better word!), but the coverage is extremely light.

I also don't find it particularly matte at all. I set it with both loose translucent powder and a matte bronzer and will still have shine coming through within a couple of hours.

I don't *hate* it, certainly not to the point where I'd chuck the bottle, but I'll be going back to my L'Oréal Infallible Matte when it's finished.

I personally think the Loreal infallible matte and Estée Lauder double wear are indentical products. My Mum uses double wear and I've used the Loreal one on her instead and she said there is no difference. However both are like cement on my face. I'd be on the oily side as well but they are too drying for my face, but something like the Rimmel one is far too dewy and melts off my skin. So for me the Catrice is the perfect amount of matte that it will stay all day but not be drying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

What do you ladies use to apply the Loreal Infallible? I had used my Real Techniques brush, but whatever it is about that foundation, it cakes up in my brush after just one use!

lazygal wrote: »
    Can I ask how much it is? Need a new foundation.

€33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just Another Girl

Ankhyu wrote: »
    What do you ladies use to apply the Loreal Infallible? I had used my Real Techniques brush, but whatever it is about that foundation, it cakes up in my brush after just one use!

Ive noticed that too. I go between using my Real Techniques stippling brush and buffing brush with the same foundation. Maybe its because they're so dense?

I recently bought the Infallible Matte, I have to say its very good with my oily skin. The shade I bought is too pale though so I mix a little bit of Infallible.., the regular one, bought that in too dark a shade, tut!.. to darken it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Umekichi wrote: »
    €33
    Worth every penny such an amazing foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

ameliams wrote: »
    I personally think the Loreal infallible matte and Estée Lauder double wear are indentical products. My Mum uses double wear and I've used the Loreal one on her instead and she said there is no difference. However both are like cement on my face. I'd be on the oily side as well but they are too drying for my face, but something like the Rimmel one is far too dewy and melts off my skin. So for me the Catrice is the perfect amount of matte that it will stay all day but not be drying.
    Funny, I find DW is way higher coverage. That'd usually be a good thing but I don't like it, feels like wearing a mask. Love the infallible matte though. I use the real techniques buffing brush, I find I need to wash it more often than I used to with other foundations, but it's worth it.

kickthecan wrote: »
    Worth every penny such an amazing foundation

It's the only foundation that covers up my Rosacea related redness without needing to use any green concealer/primer. All I need to do is find the best concealer to cover my dark circles and I'll finally be able to look normal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

ameliams wrote:
    I personally think the Loreal infallible matte and Estée Lauder double wear are indentical products. My Mum uses double wear and I've used the Loreal one on her instead and she said there is no difference. However both are like cement on my face.

I can't say I'd agree there at all. I hate Double Wear, find it far too heavy in terms of both texture and coverage and would only ever wear it on-stage. I found the Infallible Matte a really nice daytime foundation, though.

Just goes to show you how differently people's skins can react to the same product!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Went to pick up some make up brushes to bulk out a Christmas present and stumbled upon iHerb. First of all, they had 20% off Real Techniques, then 5% off for spending over a certain amount (I think it was 40 dollars/euro), then a further 10 dollars (9ish euro) with a coupon code we found online :D Ended up picking up two bits for myself as well.

It was meant to cost 73.80 euro with the 7.30 euro shipping from DHL, ended up costing a grand total of 48.72 even with the 7.30 euro shipping. Not too shabby considering Boots sell the Core Collection and Starter Set for just shy of 30 euro each.

Real Techniques Core Collection

core_collection__4d604956ac98f.jpg

Real Techniques Starter Set

9f12c20c5a27d30340089594ada1af99d41d8.jpg

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

real-techniques-expert-face-brush-3045-672227-1-product.jpg

Real Techniques Sculpting Set

hqdefault.jpg

Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel

01470-deep-cleansing-gel-pkg-two.jpg

Arriving tomorrow, only placed the order on Sunday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Ive gone on to iherb, no discounts :/

• Advertisement

Speaking of foundation anyone tried the new makeup forever hd foundation?

Will be in Sephora this week and tempted to pick it up based on what I've heard so far.

Advertisement