Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

shakencat wrote: »
    Ive gone on to iherb, no discounts :/

I ordered on Sunday, must have been a weekend deal :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Can anyone tell me how often they should have their eyebrows done? Like tinted and shaped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

eternal wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how often they should have their eyebrows done? Like tinted and shaped?

As often as you need them done. I get mine threaded every 6 weeks and take away stragglers myself. I'd tint more frequently tho. I use salon tint at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Anybody using the charlotte tilsbury Magic foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Every two - ish weeks, they are my pride and joy :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

bscm wrote: »
    Went to pick up some make up brushes to bulk out a Christmas present and stumbled upon iHerb. First of all, they had 20% off Real Techniques, then 5% off for spending over a certain amount (I think it was 40 dollars/euro), then a further 10 dollars (9ish euro) with a coupon code we found online :D Ended up picking up two bits for myself as well.

It was meant to cost 73.80 euro with the 7.30 euro shipping from DHL, ended up costing a grand total of 48.72 even with the 7.30 euro shipping. Not too shabby considering Boots sell the Core Collection and Starter Set for just shy of 30 euro each.

Real Techniques Core Collection

Real Techniques Starter Set

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Real Techniques Sculpting Set

Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel

Arriving tomorrow, only placed the order on Sunday night :)

Lol, you must have missed my posts about iHerb!!!

I've been buying there for some years...brilliant value.

I have a discount code if anyone else would like it...just PM.

The 20% off is from Wednesday to Wednesday & changes weekly, so Real Techniques is still reduced until tomorrow.

http://eu.iherb.com/specials

Just a heads up...it is much better to choose ordinary airmail as, aside from being cheaper, you are very unlikely to be charged customs.

If you use the courier services, the odds increase significantly for customs charges to be applied.

You will have to wait about 2 weeks for your order but it's worth it if buying more than €22 of goods.

Enjoy!!!

Tilly wrote: »
    As often as you need them done. I get mine threaded every 6 weeks and take away stragglers myself. I'd tint more frequently tho. I use salon tint at home.

We have similar hair colour. Do you get dark brown tint or brown?

We have similar hair colour. Do you get dark brown tint or brown?

Dark brown but wouldn't leave it on longer than 5 mins.

I'm using the Wunderbrow gel in between. I might buy some salon tint as well.

Do! It's ten times stronger than the tint in boots or a chemist. I put blue black on my lashes. If I'm being lazy I'll wipe my brows with it for 30 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Anybody using the charlotte tilsbury Magic foundation

Yes. It's ok, really nothing special for the price of it, it's like a tinted moisturiser. When it runs out, I'm going to get Armani Luminous Silk, I had it applied once for a photo shoot and it was lovely.

It's actually so hard to find a foundation to suit me or that I like. Inglot HD makes me look like a peach, like fluffy or something.
    Mac tones tend not to suit me.
    I have nars sheer glo and I'm not a fan.
    I like bobbi brown but am finding it slides a lot of my cheek.
    I have really good skin so I just need medium coverage, I like more of a matt finish over a dewy one. I just don't know where to turn to next!

It's actually so hard to find a foundation to suit me or that I like. Inglot HD makes me look like a peach, like fluffy or something.
    Mac tones tend not to suit me.
    I have nars sheer glo and I'm not a fan.
    I like bobbi brown but am finding it slides a lot of my cheek.
    I have really good skin so I just need medium coverage, I like more of a matt finish over a dewy one. I just don't know where to turn to next!

I know you'll think I'm mad...but try the Catrice Velvet one, or the Matt one either.

Both are really beautiful.

I have good skin, generally clear, and find these give a lovely finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm on the quest for the perfect foundation too - used to be a Double Wear girl but I find it too heavy and cakey now as my skin has become very dry lately, and it tends to settle on any little blemishes (of which I unfortunately have quite a few lately).
    Half asleep this morning, tried a bottle of No7 Beautifully Matte http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Beautifully-Matte-Foundation_1273293/ that had been hanging around my make up drawer for a couple of years now, and realised when I had almost finished applying it that it smelt a bit funky :( definitely gone off, but the coverage is gorgeous and it still looks as good now as it did at 9am, no caking or anything... gonna buy a new bottle in a slightly different shade on Thursday, it's a tiny bit ashy so hopefully can find a slightly warmer shade to try.
    Have read some great reviews of the new No7 foundation and the new Charlotte Tilbury one too, has anyone tried the No7 Airbrush Away foundation?

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm on the quest for the perfect foundation too - used to be a Double Wear girl but I find it too heavy and cakey now as my skin has become very dry lately, and it tends to settle on any little blemishes (of which I unfortunately have quite a few lately).
    Half asleep this morning, tried a bottle of No7 Beautifully Matte http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Beautifully-Matte-Foundation_1273293/ that had been hanging around my make up drawer for a couple of years now, and realised when I had almost finished applying it that it smelt a bit funky :( definitely gone off, but the coverage is gorgeous and it still looks as good now as it did at 9am, no caking or anything... gonna buy a new bottle in a slightly different shade on Thursday, it's a tiny bit ashy so hopefully can find a slightly warmer shade to try.
    Have read some great reviews of the new No7 foundation and the new Charlotte Tilbury one too, has anyone tried the No7 Airbrush Away foundation?

I got a sample but find it very watery & thin.

Not my cup of tea but foundations are so individual! :o

So my friend is going to Miami on Thursday and I have requested stone lipliner (been waiting months for bt to get it back and no luck) and I want the anastasia contour kit and nyx liquid suade. This is why I never have any money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just Another Girl

So my friend is going to Miami on Thursday and I have requested stone lipliner (been waiting months for bt to get it back and no luck) and I want the anastasia contour kit and nyx liquid suade. This is why I never have any money

I know, im always picking something up, half of which gets thrown into the drawer and doesnt see the light of day again!

Bought the Pantene Pro V clarifying shampoo over the weekend. Tesco had it on offer for half price. Heard a lot of good things about it and I have greasy hair so looking forward to seeing if it does anything for me.

I know, im always picking something up, half of which gets thrown into the drawer and doesnt see the light of day again!

Bought the Pantene Pro V clarifying shampoo over the weekend. Tesco had it on offer for half price. Heard a lot of good things about it and I have greasy hair so looking forward to seeing if it does anything for me.

I use this. It's great :o It removes all the product and build up on your hair. Just don't use it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i got this eyebrow kit from boots and i love it i never used to do my eyebrows at all

https://boots.scene7.com/is/image/Boots/10166137?id=aX-aR0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Re: iherb/real techniques brushes

I have lots of MAC/Crown and other brand brushes. There's nothing I really *need* (except maybe a really good liquid foundation brush as I'm not really happy with the ones I use) so my question is... are there any must have RT brushes? What would people recommend?

I'm happy to buy a single brush or a set.

And are there any other must have beauty products on iherb? I'm overwhelmed by choice! :o

• Advertisement

Valentina wrote: »

I have lots of MAC/Crown and other brand brushes. There's nothing I really *need* (except maybe a really good liquid foundation brush as I'm not really happy with the ones I use) so my question is... are there any must have RT brushes? What would people recommend?

And are there any other must have beauty products on iherb? I'm overwhelmed by choice! :o

The RT Expert Face brush is excellent for foundation application.

Their sponges are also brilliant.

I use both & love them.

iHerb do the double pack of sponges for €10 with 20% off that until tomorrow!

The brush is about €8

http://eu.iherb.com/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman-Your-Base-Flawless-Expert-Face-Brush-1-Brush/42482

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's actually so hard to find a foundation to suit me or that I like. I have really good skin so I just need medium coverage, I like more of a matt finish over a dewy one. I just don't know where to turn to next!

Preach. I have good skin so don't like a lot of coverage. But my skin is really oily, so I need good staying power. Trying to find a light-to-medium coverage foundation that won't just slide off my face after a couple of hours is like trying to put an octopus into a string bag.

I definitely think the Loreal Infallible Matte is up there, though. As is Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra, although the coverage is a *little* heavy for daytime for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

dee_mc wrote: »

I have been using the No7 Airbrush Away now for a few wks and I absolutely love it! I have tried loads of foundations in the past and had finally settled on inglot hd with a little inglot amc mixed as my holy grail - until i tried this! I like a full coverage foundation and while this is a very runny consistency its easily buildable and feels lighter for everyday wear yet still gives me the full coverage. I set my tzone with a little bit of translucent powder (also no7) as i do get oily. I wil def repurchase and do recommend at least getting a sample and giving it a go. I use my rt buffing brush or sigma f80 to apply it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Valentina wrote: »

Lots will disagree but I don't really get on with real technique brushes, particularly the eye brushes l, I have a set of Eco tools ones much better. The foundation one everyone talks about is ok does the job not amazing. The sponge is grand. I gave away the eye brushes, still have the foundation brush which I'll use when my Mac and blank canvas are dirty and I've no other choice. Sponge is quite good for under eye concealer. Would not repurchase it though and tbh I won't get much more use out of it.

Way prefer my Mac and blank canvas, but for the price of Mac I should prefer them. And I love my blank canvas aside from the fact I don't think they'll last forever like the Mac ones. Had to replace a couple already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Just Another Girl

I use this. It's great :o It removes all the product and build up on your hair. Just don't use it every day.

Tried it this morning, its really good. Il see how my hair is in the morning for greasiness!
    One thing I noticed, it took my hair half the time it usually does to dry it with a hairdryer after using it. Have you had the same?

Tried it this morning, its really good. Il see how my hair is in the morning for greasiness!
    One thing I noticed, it took my hair half the time it usually does to dry it with a hairdryer after using it. Have you had the same?

No. I have a lot of hair though and it's really long. It's just lighter after I use it and not as heavy or greasy looking :) If you've a build up on your hair then it would take longer to dry presumably.

Got more makeup today, the Lord save us. :(

NYX Stay Matt not flat in Ivory

Mac studio waterweight foundation in NC15
    Mac Just A Whisp mineralise blush

The blush looks amazing, I can't wait to get it on my face. Hopefully these foundations will be nice too. My name is Lexie and I have a makeup addiction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got 1000 Hour Eyebrow tint in McCabes Dundrum today. They only had black or blue/black. My hair is currently blackcurrant (black/red) so I went with the black. Looking forward to trying it over the weekend.

Also got this stuff on iherb last night. I love ELF and it's way cheaper on iherb so got a few things, some are not available on the UK/EU site.

ELF Matte Lip Colors in Rich Red, Natural and Tea Rose
    https://shokotravel.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/img_9529.jpg
    (Photo from shokotravel.files.wordpress.com)

ELF Skin Balancing Mineral Pearls (apparently a good dupe for Guerlain Meteroties)
    http://content.eyeslipsface.co.uk/gallery_big/13817_6422_900px_new54988.33.jpg.54988.33.jpg

ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion (perfect dupe IMO for a far more expensive Bobbi Brown one I had before)
    http://content.eyeslipsface.co.uk/gallery_big/11798_83137_900px_new48888.64.jpg.48888.64.jpg

And these Real Techniques brushes:

Setting Brush
    http://www.images-iherb.com/l/RTE-01413-3.jpg

Core Collection
    https://realtechniques.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/core-collection-full-03.png

Expert Face Brush
    http://www.images-iherb.com/l/RTE-01411-6.jpg

Images were massive so putting in the links instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Was in TK Maxx and picked up the Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation for €10, came home ready to try it and it has been half bloody used.

Foundation all over the pump, inside the lid and a half empty bottle.

That really annoys me, like, if you don't like something, don't bloody use it and then return it. Staff should have to check beauty returns to make sure they haven't been used.

Bought a Stila set a few weeks ago for a birthday gift, opened it when I got home to check it was okay, one thing was missing from it and the other two items had finger marks in them.

I picked up a Too Faced blush/bronzer duo, one had been opened and had nail marks in it, so I found two more, sealed, came home and they'd been pawed slightly as well.

Really getting sick of buying stuff in TK Maxx and having it damaged. Embarrassing when I keep bringing stuff back, swear the staff are going to start thinking I am deliberately damaging the items myself, if they haven't already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Was in TK Maxx and picked up the Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation for €10, came home ready to try it and it has been half bloody used.

Foundation all over the pump, inside the lid and a half empty bottle.

That really annoys me, like, if you don't like something, don't bloody use it and then return it. Staff should have to check beauty returns to make sure they haven't been used.

Bought a Stila set a few weeks ago for a birthday gift, opened it when I got home to check it was okay, one thing was missing from it and the other two items had finger marks in them.

I picked up a Too Faced blush/bronzer duo, one had been opened and had nail marks in it, so I found two more, sealed, came home and they'd been pawed slightly as well.

Really getting sick of buying stuff in TK Maxx and having it damaged. Embarrassing when I keep bringing stuff back, swear the staff are going to start thinking I am deliberately damaging the items myself, if they haven't already.

Maybe ask if you can check them at the till?
    I've never thought of tk maxx for makeup....thanks!!

Advertisement