Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Valentina wrote: »
    Also got this stuff on iherb last night. I love ELF and it's way cheaper on iherb so got a few things, some are not available on the UK/EU site.

Have never ordered off iHerb before, reading so many reviews about extra taxes and hidden payments.. Value on the site though is too tempting!! Has anyone had any negative experiences with iherb with regards to customs??

Hi, see my previous post quoted below.

iHerb are fantastic!

keredern wrote: »
    Lol, you must have missed my posts about iHerb!!!

I've been buying there for some years...brilliant value.

I have a discount code if anyone else would like it...just PM.

The 20% off is from Wednesday to Wednesday & changes weekly, so Real Techniques is still reduced until tomorrow.

http://eu.iherb.com/specials

Just a heads up...it is much better to choose ordinary airmail as, aside from being cheaper, you are very unlikely to be charged customs.

If you use the courier services, the odds increase significantly for customs charges to be applied.

You will have to wait about 2 weeks for your order but it's worth it if buying more than €22 of goods.

Enjoy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

My iHerb order was posted on Oct 28. It was just over €30 so I hope it might just sneak through without any extra charges! I've no idea how long it will take, hope it arrives soon.

The ELF stuff is quite a bit cheaper than the UK ELF site too. The matte lip pencils I got aren't stocked over here so that was a nice bonus too. (Edit: Just realised I said that in my last post but no harm repeating it for any ELF fans!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 maigheo2014

Thanks all, will definitely be purchasing now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Have never ordered off iHerb before, reading so many reviews about extra taxes and hidden payments.. Value on the site though is too tempting!! Has anyone had any negative experiences with iherb with regards to customs??

My order was about 48 euro with the discounts (should have been over 70), and DHL charged me 21 euro VAT :( I didn't mind too much as the charge was spilt up between my sister and I as most of the order contained Christmas presents.

Still worked out a fair bit cheaper than buying the stuff in Boots, and they had sets that Boots don't have. Next time I'll definitely try splitting up the order and using mail instead of DHL :P

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

bscm wrote: »
    My order was about 48 euro with the discounts (should have been over 70), and DHL charged me 21 euro VAT :( I didn't mind too much as the charge was spilt up between my sister and I as most of the order contained Christmas presents.

Still worked out a fair bit cheaper than buying the stuff in Boots, and they had sets that Boots don't have. Next time I'll definitely try splitting up the order and using mail instead of DHL :P

You'd have to be exceptionally unlucky to be caught for custom's charges using normal airmail. :(

I've been shopping with iHerb for 2 years, at least monthly, & never had charges on airmail deliveries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Got my Morphe 35O and 35T palettes in the post the other day, my god, they are fab. The 35T in particular is a new favourite of mine, all my favourite type of colours. If you like neutrals, browns, golds etc its one you love I reckon.

Haven't used the 35O yet but used a few shades from the 35T and I'm in love. It's probably my new favourite palette.

The palettes weren't too expensive but the shipping was astronomical hence why the order was so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I ordered off Cloud10 beauty last week as I had a discount code. Got from the Balm, the trio of highlighters called the Manizer Sisters. Have just used the Mary-Lou so far. Bit of buyers remorse here as I'm not sure how much use I will get out of the other colours and that I could have got a cheaper priced highlighter elsewhere. On the plus size, the packaging looks really nice!
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/thebalm/thebalm-the-manizer-sisters.html
    I also got the Meet Matt(e) Hughes liquid lipstick in the shade Sentimental. I had such trouble trying to pick just one shade when ordering. Today's my first day to wear it, I'm exhausted after working long days all this week so I needed a bright and cheerful shade today to perk me up. I love it on, it has passed the drinking test this morning, no stain on my tea mug so I will be interested to see how it wears as the day goes on.
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/thebalm/thebalm-meet-matt-e-hughes-liquid-lipstick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

keredern wrote: »
    [/B]

Oooooooh!!!!! Please come back & tell us how good this is!!!

I just picked it up online without seeing it live!

It looks lush!

I so need another brown/gold palette! :rolleyes:

Or indeed any palette...I'm so out of control...a thousand curses on Boots 3 for 2! LMAO :D

Will do as soon as i get a chance to have s proper play with it :).
    Ah heres your sister when it comes to palettes :), we can be out of control together lol.
    My name is fifi and i have a makeup addiction :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I've been ordering from iherb for years, and I was caught for custom fees this week with An post. I had been caught with dhl but never with An post :( I had to pay 15 euro but €7 of that was An post fee :mad::mad: Charging you a fee for catching you for customs. Will def make me think twice about ordering again

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Didn't manage to get the oh darling highlighter in Galway :(

Might order the evening rendez-vous lipstick and possibly the please me one as well.

Also very tempted by the pigments they seem to be good value. Anyone picked up anything from the collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just ordered Charlotte Tilbury clay mask, anyone any experience with it?

ameliams wrote: »
    Didn't manage to get the oh darling highlighter in Galway :(

Might order the evening rendez-vous lipstick and possibly the please me one as well.

Also very tempted by the pigments they seem to be good value. Anyone picked up anything from the collection?

Ah thats such a pity, keep an eye on the brown thomas site in case they might restock. Mine arrived this morning, i wore 1 of the creamsheen lipglosses today and I love it - its the darkest 1 in the set called deep kiss and its a plummy/dark nude. I like some of the lipsticks but I just cant seem to be comfortable wearing anything other than nude shades, dont know what it is but just feel they dont look right on me even though they probably look fine! I liked the look of darkside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Please me is beautiful. My friend is back from Florida this week. Can't wait to see what she's found for me

fifi28 wrote: »
    Ah thats such a pity, keep an eye on the brown thomas site in case they might restock. Mine arrived this morning, i wore 1 of the creamsheen lipglosses today and I love it - its the darkest 1 in the set called deep kiss and its a plummy/dark nude. I like some of the lipsticks but I just cant seem to be comfortable wearing anything other than nude shades, dont know what it is but just feel they dont look right on me even though they probably look fine! I liked the look of darkside

Yeah I'll keep an eye until Monday and see and then might just go ahead and get some other bits. People rave about soft and gentle so might give that a go. Ah so annoying the other one shaft of gold they had loads of but I really didn't like it, very glittery and too much bronze as well. That being said if I get the pigments they will all double as highlighters. Pain to travel with though.

Yeah really like the look of please me and it's my favorite formula

Yeah I'll keep an eye until Monday and see and then might just go ahead and get some other bits. People rave about soft and gentle so might give that a go. Ah so annoying the other one shaft of gold they had loads of but I really didn't like it, very glittery and too much bronze as well. That being said if I get the pigments they will all double as highlighters. Pain to travel with though.

Yeah really like the look of please me and it's my favorite formula

Soft and gentle is fab, definitely worth picking up, was a bit iffy when the mua showed it to me as it looked very glittery and bronzey in the pan but i def dont regret buying it! I got it when i couldnt get the Cinderella ones and the assistant said in her opinion soft and gentle was a better buy as the other was really all about the packaging!
    Totally agree with you on the shaft of gold - really cant see it working on lighter skin tones, it was really orange looking on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I bought the NYX HD Concealer in light, and in the yellow corrector colour. I love them! Only around €7 each on the Boots website. Think I'll be sticking to them and forgoing my regular Benefit Boi-ing, they're much better for under the eye I think.

fifi28 wrote: »
    Soft and gentle is fab, definitely worth picking up, was a bit iffy when the mua showed it to me as it looked very glittery and bronzey in the pan but i def dont regret buying it! I got it when i couldnt get the Cinderella ones and the assistant said in her opinion soft and gentle was a better buy as the other was really all about the packaging!
    Totally agree with you on the shaft of gold - really cant see it working on lighter skin tones, it was really orange looking on the counter.

Hmm well now I can't really not pick it up!

Anyone have any recommendations for an under eye brightening concealer?

I've been using the Rimmel one as long as I can remember but I fly through them because it's quite a thin formula and the shade range is pretty poor.

I've been using the Rimmel one as long as I can remember but I fly through them because it's quite a thin formula and the shade range is pretty poor.

:) you wont regret it. It lasts forever as you only use a small amount. I have mine since feb/march and it hardly looks used!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I use the L'Oreal Lumi Magique one in the rose gold clicky tube (for want of a better description!). I use the lightest shade; it really does wonders at brightening the shadows under my eyes when I'm getting up at 6am!

It's about €12 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Picked up the L'oreal Infallible Matte foundation, powder and primer. Wore them yesterday and was impressed with the holding power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I finally purchased the L'Oreal True match foundation after hearing about it for so long. I've seen a few bloggers saying that it's quite similar to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and seeing as how G.A. are part of the L'oreal group I decided I'd give it a go. I've only tried it on once so far so I can't really give a proper review but it's seems nice. It blended well and is very buildable so I'm quite impressed so far.

I did an online order of a couple of makeupy bits for Christmas presents and I ended up getting myself a present aswell, the Charlotte Tilburry Vintage Vamp quad. :o

pp-quad_the-vinatge-vamp_1.jpg

In my defence though, I have been lusting after it for ages and I don't think I have any plumy shades in my current collection so I clearly need it. :D

Sorry for the huge image. I've no idea how to make it smaller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

What's the difference between the Infallible and True Match because I like the True Match foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

@belle E.Flops dare I ask the price of the Charlotte trilby pallet.

Love the colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

heyday30 wrote: »
    @belle E.Flops dare I ask the price of the Charlotte trilby pallet.

Love the colours.

€50 :eek::o

€50 :eek::o

It's very pretty though. May treat myself for Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Not really a beauty purchase but I finally found my perfect winter perfume, picked up YSL Black Opium yesterday after sniffing it a few times in the past few weeks, it's gorgeous, notes of black coffee and vanilla and other lovely things. They have gift sets at the moment with a free 10 ml bottle for the same price as a regular bottle which is great, no tatty make up bags or crappy lip glosses or body lotions I'd never use, I'm all for gift sets that include extra fragrance!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Not really a beauty purchase but I finally found my perfect winter perfume, picked up YSL Black Opium yesterday after sniffing it a few times in the past few weeks, it's gorgeous, notes of black coffee and vanilla and other lovely things. They have gift sets at the moment with a free 10 ml bottle for the same price as a regular bottle which is great, no tatty make up bags or crappy lip glosses or body lotions I'd never use, I'm all for gift sets that include extra fragrance!

That's a beautiful perfume kinda spicy scent. My new fragrance purchase is agent provocateur mistress (gold bottle red writing) it was marked €21 which I knew was wrong but I got it for that price as it was the shops fault.

Essentially got a €100 bottle for €21 result....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

So the lovely assistant in Brown Thomas kindly gave me a fistful of serum samples http://www.brownthomas.com/serums/forever-youth-liberator-serum-50ml/invt/70x2174xl266460?gclid=CjwKEAiApYGyBRC-g_jIstuduV8SJABCEzhZDQNZlsqX25cEgAyZkCGKR9ih1EkZiDuRAUZZJgBtpBoC5wXw_wcB which I didn't get too excited about to be honest, I've never used a serum and don't know what they do... Used it last night under my usual moisturiser and this morning I'm soft as a baby's bum and look young AF despite a desperately poor night's sleep... I'm converted, but that €110 price tag would sting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

heyday30 wrote: »
    That's a beautiful perfume kinda spicy scent. My new fragrance purchase is agent provocateur mistress (gold bottle red writing) it was marked €21 which I knew was wrong but I got it for that price as it was the shops fault.

Essentially got a €100 bottle for €21 result....
    Aw this was my perfume for years. It's really nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Was in the UK a few weeks ago and picked up a few bits that can't be gotten here, as well as loads of other unnecessary things I didn't need.

I was delighted to find a Make Up Revolution stand, but having spent €120 in inglot a week prior to my trip, and limited space in my carry on baggage, I limited myself and now wholeheartedly regret it.

Picked up the MUR Focus & Fix liquid concealer in the lightest shade, which had lovely yellow undertones. Its fantastic for contouring, as its highly pigmented but not heavy, which can be a problem when worn over foundation, making it cakey looking from product build up. It was only £1 and I'm absolutely gutted I didn't pick up another as its one of the best I've used! :(

Another stand out product was the Make Up Academy translucent powder. It has lovely coverage and looks very sheer over foundation. I sometimes find face powders can make foundation look dirty, especially if more cream products have been used besides foundation for contouring etc, and this is amazing. Think it was £2. Another one I wish I'd bought a few of. Have been reaching for this before similar products from Inglot and Mac and if I can find an online stockist with reasonable delivery rates I'll repurchase a few of these. Was never a fan of that brand but its honestly one of the best powders I've used!

Advertisement