Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Also...Anyone able to recommend a nice dark purple/cranberry eyeshadow? I like MAC and Inglot best but will consider any brand once its good quality. Didn't think this was worth making its own thread for. TIA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

dee_mc wrote: »
    So the lovely assistant in Brown Thomas kindly gave me a fistful of serum samples http://www.brownthomas.com/serums/forever-youth-liberator-serum-50ml/invt/70x2174xl266460?gclid=CjwKEAiApYGyBRC-g_jIstuduV8SJABCEzhZDQNZlsqX25cEgAyZkCGKR9ih1EkZiDuRAUZZJgBtpBoC5wXw_wcB which I didn't get too excited about to be honest, I've never used a serum and don't know what they do... Used it last night under my usual moisturiser and this morning I'm soft as a baby's bum and look young AF despite a desperately poor night's sleep... I'm converted, but that €110 price tag would sting!

I love that serum. I don't know if they still do it, but they used to have a gift set that contained a full size mascara, a full size highlighter pen and about a half size bottle of the serum for around €70. Was pretty good value considering the individual prices of each of the items. The mascara is the best I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Was in the UK a few weeks ago and picked up a few bits that can't be gotten here, as well as loads of other unnecessary things I didn't need.

I was delighted to find a Make Up Revolution stand, but having spent €120 in inglot a week prior to my trip, and limited space in my carry on baggage, I limited myself and now wholeheartedly regret it.

Superdrug have MUR stands - I was in the Square in Tallaght at the weekend - they also had a MUA stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

heyday30 wrote: »
    That's a beautiful perfume kinda spicy scent. My new fragrance purchase is agent provocateur mistress (gold bottle red writing) it was marked €21 which I knew was wrong but I got it for that price as it was the shops fault.

Essentially got a €100 bottle for €21 result....

Just wondering where you picked that up as it's one perfume I want to get

TK Maxx often have AP perfume cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Moyglish wrote: »
    Just wondering where you picked that up as it's one perfume I want to get

Hi. I got it in Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Also...Anyone able to recommend a nice dark purple/cranberry eyeshadow? I like MAC and Inglot best but will consider any brand once its good quality. Didn't think this was worth making its own thread for. TIA :)

I've been obsessed with Mac Cranberry recently but that's probably way too obvious an answer! I watched a Tanya Burr tutorial where she used it and just totally fell in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Got my make up done in jervis inglot and I now have a new favourite brand :P I was absolutely delighted with it, Sarah did my make up I'd recommend her in a heartbeat! Got the hd foundation but I have most of the other products she used written down I will be back to get them! So glad I went with them, pretty sure a few in this thread recommended them so thanks for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Was in the UK a few weeks ago and picked up a few bits that can't be gotten here, as well as loads of other unnecessary things I didn't need.

I was delighted to find a Make Up Revolution stand, but having spent €120 in inglot a week prior to my trip, and limited space in my carry on baggage, I limited myself and now wholeheartedly regret it.

Picked up the MUR Focus & Fix liquid concealer in the lightest shade, which had lovely yellow undertones. Its fantastic for contouring, as its highly pigmented but not heavy, which can be a problem when worn over foundation, making it cakey looking from product build up. It was only £1 and I'm absolutely gutted I didn't pick up another as its one of the best I've used! :(

Another stand out product was the Make Up Academy translucent powder. It has lovely coverage and looks very sheer over foundation. I sometimes find face powders can make foundation look dirty, especially if more cream products have been used besides foundation for contouring etc, and this is amazing. Think it was £2. Another one I wish I'd bought a few of. Have been reaching for this before similar products from Inglot and Mac and if I can find an online stockist with reasonable delivery rates I'll repurchase a few of these. Was never a fan of that brand but its honestly one of the best powders I've used!

MUR is a fantastic brand...another budget brand I've been banging on about!!! Lol

They have a website & a Facebook page, & often have offers & discounts.

Well worth signing up to their newsletter.

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/

https://www.facebook.com/makeuprevolution1/?fref=ts

You should also try their sister brand Freedom Makeup.

http://www.freedommakeuplondon.com/

https://www.facebook.com/freedommakeuplondon/?fref=ts

Superdrug also stock MUR & MUA online, as well as in store.

http://www.superdrug.com/brandshop/mua

They're all great affordable brands! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Ladies Lidl perfumes are in! Ive just been in the store at nutgrove and they have tons of stock - madame glamour, suddenly diamonds etc! Ive been watching their website for them but theyr not advertised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

ams wrote: »
    Superdrug have MUR stands - I was in the Square in Tallaght at the weekend - they also had a MUA stand.

They finally got a mur stand in Superdrug in limerick too. I was there on the weekend and there were literally 5 things left :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I have MAC Cranberry but I wish it wasn't metallic (here), if you find a pigmented matte version then let me know. Cranberry is my favourite!!

I have a plum colour from GOSH that is discontinued, but Catrice also have beautifully pigmented shadows in all sorts of autumny wintery colours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I don't think that's the case, the products I use are pretty gentle because overdrying is something I'm conscious of. I might go back to the LRP Hydraphase moisturiser for winter though. Because of the spots, I try not to use anything too rich. It's a tough balancing act!

I'm super late to the party here but I use Silcock's Base on my unbelievably dry skin - you'd think it's greasy but it really isn't. Wouldn't waste money on high end moisturisers ever again after seeing such great results, and I also have sporadic acne.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So, as mentioned before, I always have two foundations on the go - a cheap & cheerful light-to-medium coverage one for daily wear, and then something with a bit more coverage and staying power for nights out, occasions etc, which is usually Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra. My last bottle of that ran out last week and I was planning to replace it with more of the same but the Urban Decay guy talked fancy to me in the airport and I ended up with this.

12195863_10154296166497678_5087660097054111154_n.jpg?oh=ab48080627689b54fa52646263017a9d&oe=56B40A5A

I really like it. Really loose, light texture but it gives good coverage and is very buildable. Very little shine breakthrough from my very oily skin even after several hours and it behaves equally as well whether applied with fingers or a brush. It was seven quid cheaper than the Teint Idole too, so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Christmas presents (unfortunately not for me, but they were too pretty to not post about):

Charlotte Tilbury Golden Goddess set

455-3003231-THEGOLDENGODDESS_M?$PDP_M_ALL$

It's just so so beautiful, and one of the most wearable sets in the range she has. The person I bought it for isn't as mad into make up as I am, so I figured it was a nice treat and a better travel-friendly palette compared to the original 3-4 year old Naked palette they have. The colour in the picture above is a bit more brown toned than what the contents actually look like in real life.

MAC lipsticks in Brave and Fast Play

august2013.jpg

P1110201new.jpg

I want Brave for myself after swatching it. Fast Play came from a blog recommendation and I was quite impressed. It's been described as a non-matte Mehr, and a lovechild of Syrup and Velvet Teddy (not as purple as Syrup, but not as brown as Velvet Teddy).

I did however buy MAC Patisserie for myself the other week and love it. It's identical to my natural lip colour but is great for days when my lips are in bad shape or I can't be bothered to scrub off rogue foundation patches.

mac-lipstick-patisserie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

^^ jealous very much.
    May I ask where you purchased the Charlotte tillbury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

heyday30 wrote: »
    ^^ jealous very much.
    May I ask where you purchased the Charlotte tillbury

Brown Thomas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone any review on the Charlotte Tillbury Magic Foundation? Seeing rave reviews from bloggers but can't figure out whether they're genuine or sponsored. Would love to hear from a 'real person' that has tried it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got a Tarte maracuja cheek tint in the colour "deep berry" today in TK Maxx for €6.99. It's the gel formula not the stick one.

It's a gorgeous colour, not sure about it as a blusher or cheek tint, but it would make a lovely lip tint.

Can't find any pics of the colour online though :(

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrpOA-fthjQGCp8iW1DJSWVKLp22usCYe5bHyoVIpRCQe0hXmFmg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Anyone any review on the Charlotte Tillbury Magic Foundation? Seeing rave reviews from bloggers but can't figure out whether they're genuine or sponsored. Would love to hear from a 'real person' that has tried it!

Would be interested in finding out as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,916 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haha I saw that. A lot of guys will be very happy. I had to X out when she started talking about how loose the consistency was haha

WhiteRoses I got a sample in BT's. I have oily skin but this foundation clung to dry patches on my nose I didn't know I had - I had to scrub my nose a few times before it looked right. It didn't last on me either.

Have seen some people rave about it though so well worth going and getting a sample and trying it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Talk about taking all the fun out of it by getting it delivered. It's an old beauty trick though that sperm on your face is beneficial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

A face like a painters radio springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He'd need to be put on a healthy diet though. Imagine that. Sorry babe, no takeaway or sex this week. I need a facial.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Ok so basically every guy in her area have chipped in together to get her to do that video and make it viral! I think most of us are secretly curious if we are honest hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Apparently the same collagen boosting enzyme that is found in it is also found in pineapples. I'll stick to eating pineapples thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

ams wrote: »
    WhiteRoses I got a sample in BT's. I have oily skin but this foundation clung to dry patches on my nose I didn't know I had - I had to scrub my nose a few times before it looked right. It didn't last on me either.

Have seen some people rave about it though so well worth going and getting a sample and trying it.

I bought it and love it! I use it with my Hourglass Ambilight powder and it stays put for the whole day and gives a nice, even finish. I totally agree that it really flakes on dry patches though.I had one tiny dry patch on my forehead the first time I tried it and it really stuck out but now it goes on nice and evenly as the dry patch has cleared up. It's my current everyday foundation and our relationship is currently developing nicely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

My iherb order came today and I was charged customs on it. €14 in total, €7 of which was a handling fee for An Post! Even with the charge though it was still almost €50 cheaper than if I had bought the stuff in Boots or from elf.co.uk

In future I'll be splitting my orders to keep them under the €22 limit.

Advertisement