Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

tanya2007 wrote: »
    picked up this baby the other day &docid=TNTz0ugqhDXSGM&w=200&h=150&ei=qeIyTrKRJ4PAhAfw4t2ACw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=405&page=9&tbnh=120&tbnw=160&start=109&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:109&tx=84&ty=49&biw=1024&bih=631 i loveee it its one of the best mascaras i have ever used i usually wear clinique high impact which its just as good as. you also get a free eyeliner only used it once but it seems good enough but wears off after a few hours.

Is that the 17 one? I can't see your picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Is that the 17 one? I can't see your picture!

ya the 17 one loveee it , sorry i dono where the picture went too :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

tanya2007 wrote: »
    ya the 17 one loveee it , sorry i dono where the picture went too :confused:

Haha! I'm totally going to try it out a friend said it was great. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Haha! I'm totally going to try it out a friend said it was great. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

yup defo do before they stop the free eyeliner :) am i think it was 8 or 9 euro in or around that anyway think its a bit dear for 17 but defo worth it, il repurchase another one before the free eyeliner stops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

That looks gorgeous. Really nice colours. Reminds me of the Urban Decay naked palette

• Advertisement

Tayla wrote: »
    I bought The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer

thebalm.jpg
    AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

It is the most perfect highlighter ever!!

Thanks, you have just convinced me take the plunge and order this. Can't wait to get it, it sounds like a fab product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

cordni wrote: »
    Thanks, you have just convinced me take the plunge and order this. Can't wait to get it, it sounds like a fab product.

I actually find it works better under a blush or something, I have a really cheap playboy shimmer brick blush which I got for free and I hated it on it's own but I put this highlighter on and then the playboy one and I just love it and it photographs beautifully. I also use it under a mac bronzer that I had but never suited me and it makes it look perfect. It might take a bit of getting used to but if you play around with it I think you'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Have started using Maybelline Dream Matt Powder in 'Sand' over last few days and it seems really good so far. Gives good coverage over my foundation and helps keep my make up in place!

Also bought Toni&Guy Finishing Spray which is briiliant! You can put it on dry or wet hair. I have put it on while I'm blowdrying my hair and it makes my hair so soft and there's a lovley shine to it as well. Loads of people have complemented me on my hair over the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Just thought I should mention, the Naked Palette is back in Debenhams Henry St; saw a stash of them there yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Got an order in the post today from www.kissandmakeupny.com . I got 3 Nars blushes (sex appeal, deep throat, angelika) and 1 highlighter (albatross). The blushes were $26/€18.28 each and the highlighter was $27/€18.99 . Shipping was free with a promo code but is usually a flat rate of $9.95/€6.99. They are priced at €29 each in Brown Thomas.

77A123FC15C44883B371870B4A3D4713-0000345177-0002466620-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    Nars Sex Appeal, Nars Deep Throat
    Sex Appeal is a lovely light dainty matte peach.
    Deep throat is one of the more famous nars blushes, a pinkish peach with a little fine shimmer running through it.

E9EADED7A85B4C4E86BD600F0D0774E0-0000345177-0002466621-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    Nars Angelika, Mac Well Dressed
    7D946A12EDC143E2A715E3E805332923-0000345177-0002466623-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    Nars Angelika
    Angelika is a medium cool toned pink with lots of silver glitter running through it. It's coming out a bit off in the pics but is a cross between the 2 pics. It reminds me of a darker version of Mac Well Dressed. I don't know how wearable the glitter is as its quite plentiful and chunky buts it's so pretty to look at!

2BB43F2D1073469FA6A5930BB7981640-0000345177-0002466622-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg
    Nars Albatross, Dior Amber Diamond
    Albatross is a very finely milled highlight which applies more warm goldeny but still looks nice on my pale cool toned skin. It looks so much better on than the elf dupe which is supposd to be very similar but I hate. Applied, it is almost identical to the first palest strip in Dior amber diamond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Bought Lancomé Doll's Eyes mascara yesterday, I find it brilliant. Its really good for seperating your lashes and creating that false lash effect but what I love about it is that it doesn't clump :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

glitterbug...its dangerous to read your posts, not that im complaining:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Nars Deep Throat

Nars are certainly...err....inventive with their product names arent they :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

Lol yes very.. "inventive". Orgasm is their best selling blush and deep throat is very popular aswell so maybe they are actually doing something right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'm a lucky thing, a very good bud of mine popped by saying she had a belated birthday prezzie for me, and she unfurled the UD Naked palette! I'm so flippin chuffed, I've been lusting after it for so long! :)

Also, I finally bought seche vite and it really is worth the hype, I've never had nail polish dry faster and it has transformed this former to-the-quick nail biter into a talon-beholder!:D

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'm a lucky thing, a very good bud of mine popped by saying she had a belated birthday prezzie for me, and she unfurled the UD Naked palette! I'm so flippin chuffed, I've been lusting after it for so long! :)

Also, I finally bought seche vite and it really is worth the hype, I've never had nail polish dry faster and it has transformed this former to-the-quick nail biter into a talon-beholder!:D

I had to look again to make sure I didn't write this post :D. My friend has just bought me the UD naked palette also, she lives in UK and is home next week, can't wait to try it out. I also bought seche vite this week and have to say I find it great, puts a lovely shine on your nails and dries super fast. This week I also purchased The Balm Mary Lou Manizer on the recco of another boardie, hopefully will receive in post tomorrow .... My last recent buy is some elf nail varnish - I have to say I am quite impressed, Mod Mauve is a gorgeous colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

It was my birthday the other day and I treated myself to my first Bobbi Brown item.
    Bobbi-Brown-Shimmerwash-Heather_Mauve.jpg

Heather Mauve. Lovely! Was told it's really nice for brown eyes. The price was steep enough, so holding out on anymore until I'm in the States again!

Yippee, today I received my Mary Lou-Manizer by the balm. Thanks to Tayla for the recco. This product is so nice, it gives you a really nice natural sheen, I especially like it as an under brow highlighter. Reckon this will be one of my staples from now on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

It was my birthday the other day and I treated myself to my first Bobbi Brown item.
    Bobbi-Brown-Shimmerwash-Heather_Mauve.jpg

Heather Mauve. Lovely! Was told it's really nice for brown eyes. The price was steep enough, so holding out on anymore until I'm in the States again!

it looks lurvly. happy belated birthday btw :)

do you mind me asking how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

booboo88 wrote: »
    it looks lurvly. happy belated birthday btw :)

do you mind me asking how much?

Thanks! It was 22 euro in Brown Thomas, but it's only $20 (usd)... the mark up is ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

St. Ives Warming Scrub

St.-Ives-Warming-Scrub-md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got the Urban Decay Naked pallette the other day with my beauty points in Debenhams :) I just did a quick smokey eye with some of the nudes and lighter browns but I'm looking forward to trying it out properly on a night out. It's smaller than I thought it would be but at least it will fit in my bag if I want to bring it with me! Oh and the brush that came with it is really good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQozPSqdImOg5M8OBOJ23_EurfsRsgz35L8TLEoYo1EOVzPL4jnboots nail polish remover
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQN7afvtYzBsNRjXG5Wj0xJDJRZ24buIWv81u3P4NPQ6GVEiSJUQbarry m peach melba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I picked up some of this today and used it tonight after I took off my make up, it was the first time I used it and have to say it was just brilliant. My skin was so soft after using it, even the St. Ives hasn't made my skin that smooth in weeks.

Also I have bad acne (face is covered in spots at the mo!) and this seems to have helped with the soreness of the spots.

Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub

biore_18.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Treated myself to the new 15th Anniversary Palette from Urban Decay. It's 45 Euro in Debenhams and was just launched on Thursday. Fifteen totally new colours and so far anyway none seem glittery!

urbandecay_15thannypalette001.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Bought this Chanel lipstick and pencil yesterday:

http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Lipsticks-ROUGE-COCO-96009

The bones of e50, but shur we all deserve to treat ourselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Urban-Decay-15th-Anniversary-Palette-3.jpg

Got this today! :D

Urban Decay 15th anniversary palette, been waiting mooonths for this :D:o

Ooooh! Snap GF! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

Got this today! :D

Urban Decay 15th anniversary palette, been waiting mooonths for this :D:o

Me too!

My OH surprised me with it this afternoon - probably because I haven't shut up talking about it for ages. The power of boring him to death. :D

It's really beautiful, I especially love Half-Truth. So hard to take good photos of the palette.

• Advertisement

It's gorgeous! I'm loving evidence too actually! and vanilla! and MIA and ... ALL OF THEM!! :D

Advertisement