Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Valentina wrote: »
    My iherb order came today and I was charged customs on it. €14 in total, €7 of which was a handling fee for An Post! Even with the charge though it was still almost €50 cheaper than if I had bought the stuff in Boots or from elf.co.uk

In future I'll be splitting my orders to keep them under the €22 limit.

Oh dear, they must be really tightening up for Christmas!

I've never been caught by An Post with iHerb, only when using DHL!

Bummer! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

ams wrote: »
    WhiteRoses I got a sample in BT's. I have oily skin but this foundation clung to dry patches on my nose I didn't know I had - I had to scrub my nose a few times before it looked right. It didn't last on me either.

Have seen some people rave about it though so well worth going and getting a sample and trying it.

I had the exact same experience with this foundation! Really wanted to love it as Im finding my usual Double Wear too heavy. The CT foundation went on well initially, lovely billable coverage. I have oily skin and found that it just didn't last, also clung to any tiny dry patches I had. Super disappointed! Bought YSL Touche Elcat instead, my current favourite :)

They give out testers though, so worth trying one I think before you buy as its expensive enough! Dying to try the Urban Decay foundation next....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I usually just lurk in here getting good tips and don't think I've ever posted before. But now I have too, I got the nyx tame and frame brow pomade and it is fantastic! It's better than anything else I've tried, pencils, powders, gels, anything. So easy to use and the colour is perfect. I'm ridiculously excited. I (shamefully) only really learned that you could fill in eyebrows in the last few years, and I've been a little obsessed since. I LOVE this and best of all its cheap!
    Just wanted to share the good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

MAC Warm Neutral 15 Pan Eyeshadow Palette
    jd198l.jpg

Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil, decided to try this instead of my usual Origins one:
    cM3EHZ.jpg

Real Techniques Bold Metal Brush Collection, Boots special offer, down from €85 to €39.99
    O69Oz6.jpg

Pixi Glow Tonic, picked up in M&S
    9if1RB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The pixi glow tonic is amazing, I got a bottle of it over the summer and I'm in love with it. Have to wait until I'm home at Christmas to get another one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

LizT wrote: »
    The pixi glow tonic is amazing, I got a bottle of it over the summer and I'm in love with it. Have to wait until I'm home at Christmas to get another one.

I had it in my hands in m&s the other day and decided against it, raging, it will definitely be my next skincare purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

MakeUp Geek is coming to the Beauty Bay! Had been contemplating doing an order from the US but hopefully I won't have to now.

Bloggers seem to love their eyeshadows; anyone tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Well today I bought from Holland and Barrett Dr.Organic 24hr rescue cream with hemp oil.

OMG OMG. My daughter has been using it for the past ten days and the difference in her skin is AMAZING.Just unreal. from dry and bumpy and blotchy to smooth and soft. Mind you she is 19 and I am 51 but it is worth a go and only €12.49.

Smells divine and if you buy two items there is 25% off so I bought the intensive eye serum as well, all for €18. I spend a fortune on La Roche Posay Hydraphase which I love but so so impressed with the transformation in her skin.Quite astonishing.Almost miraculous!

Had a hair cut and eyebrows done today so feeling pretty haha, will slap on the cream and hopefully look even better in a week!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I cannot be the only person who hates EL double wear. I was matched up and told I was sand, bought it. Oh dear Jesus. Orange cement. It looked awful despite being about four shades too dark. I tried to apply my contour then, and it actually turned a weird purple colour as I tried to blend it.

I'm usually someone who'll suck it up and keep a product anyway even when it's not what I expected but I'm so disgusted with this I'm going to bring it back and demand my money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I cannot be the only person who hates EL double wear. I was matched up and told I was sand, bought it. Oh dear Jesus. Orange cement. It looked awful despite being about four shades too dark. I tried to apply my contour then, and it actually turned a weird purple colour as I tried to blend it.

I'm usually someone who'll suck it up and keep a product anyway even when it's not what I expected but I'm so disgusted with this I'm going to bring it back and demand my money back.
    Did they not give you testers? I got 4 diff shades to try when i was looking into getting it. I had told her that a girl at the Elizabeth Arden counter got my colour totally wrong and i bought a foundation i've never been able to wear and that i wouldnt be making that mistake again so she gave me 2 diff colours to begin with, and wrote down another 2 if they didnt suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So annoyed when I seen this on an email last night from Living Social for a W7 Cosmetics eyeshadow palette..
    https://www.livingsocial.com/ie/cities/1677-national-ireland/deals/1546942-w7-eye-colour-palette-delivery-inc
    Apparently on a "special offer" of €11, RRP €27.10!! What?? I got mine in my local chemist for €8/€9. I see Cara Pharmacy are selling them for €7.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    So annoyed when I seen this on an email last night from Living Social for a W7 Cosmetics eyeshadow palette..
    https://www.livingsocial.com/ie/cities/1677-national-ireland/deals/1546942-w7-eye-colour-palette-delivery-inc
    Apparently on a "special offer" of €11, RRP €27.10!! What?? I got mine in my local chemist for €8/€9. I see Cara Pharmacy are selling them for €7.50!

they always do that, so it makes you look like you have a deal.

They did it with the Mac make up, it could have been group on..

i mailed my friend who wears mac saying check out the deals etc and she laughed at me saying they are the same price in the shops and then she has no need to wait for delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Doubtful it was real Mac makeup if it was a groupon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

They should have colour matched you and given you a ten day sample. They did that for me. The colour I got was a great match but I hated the foundation. Fine if you like matte, corpse/mannequin skin but defo not for me. It felt right and dried out my skin completely and I'm quite oily. I hated it and was so glad I hadn't forked out for the full size bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Double wear is gross on my skin. I'm quite oily but my god it's like I've put wall plaster on my face. My mum has fairly dry skin, never ever remembers to moisturize but DW goes on like a dream on her.

So not impressed by the inglot Christmas palette. 10 already existing shades for 75 quid? I'm sorry but each eye shadow is 6 euro and 14 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) for the palette. You could go in and make that exact same palette for a euro cheaper. Anyone who purchases that palette is an idiot. They aren't limited addition colours, they aren't even new releases and it costs the same to make up your own. I'm disgusted. They are blatantly taking advantage of their customer base because there are girls (particular younger girls) who will purchase it. I got my sister a 5 pan palette for her birthday and 3 of the shades are in that palette. Yet she for a split second was excited about the Christmas release until I explained to her she had some of the shades already.

Even in mac to make up a 15 pan palette costs over 150 but they have the warm/cool neutrals for 75. Btw was in Italy last week and those pre made palettes are 165 in store! Yet the lipsticks were 16? Strange.

Also again on being pissed with inglot my gel liner is gone dry and lumpy. I never ever leave it open but I mentioned it to one of the girls last time I was in there and she suggested duraline. I paid for 14 for the liner I don't want to pay another 14 to make to work the way it's supposed to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

ameliams wrote: »
    Also again on being pissed with inglot my gel liner is gone dry and lumpy. I never ever leave it open but I mentioned it to one of the girls last time I was in there and she suggested duraline. I paid for 14 for the liner I don't want to pay another 14 to make to work the way it's supposed to!

Try stirring it with a cocktail stick or similar and always store it upside down. No matter how careful you are it will always dry out because the oils in it move to the bottom so the top layers go cakey. Storing it upside down means you should get a bit longer out of it. You may have to re-do it every few months but I've done it with gel eyeliners and MAC Paint Pots and have yet to need to re-mix it.

Got a beautiful set of classic mink lashes done today. So comfortable. I'll post up some photos later when I'm in a good light. Need to stop spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I came across this website over the weekend, thought you guys may find it handy! If you enter a brand, product & shade it will give you an alternative

http://www.matchmymakeup.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Got a beautiful set of classic mink lashes done today. So comfortable. I'll post up some photos later when I'm in a good light. Need to stop spending money.

i was addicted to them for a long time :o:o

They're amazing!! They are just beautiful. I was gonna go with the Russian volume but will leave that closer to Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

They're amazing!! They are just beautiful. I was gonna go with the Russian volume but will leave that closer to Xmas

Lexie, can I ask you how much they cost? Thanks!

They cost 100 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hi, long time lurker here. I've learned so much from this thread and bought loads of new products, thank you!

Today I decided to actually buy a proper moisturiser rather than Simple or Nivea. I got the No. 7 Early Defence Day Cream. My skin is finally clearing up now and I want to look after it. Hopefully this stuff will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Anyone tried the penneys make up setting spray?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Anyone tried makeupgeek eyeshadows?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Got it in tk maxx for 7.99, i copped onto those deals years ago!

A little update on my image products/skin care.
    So, a few weeks ago I purchased a couple of image products, and am using the aldi h2o serum. So, I've been keeping my skin care routine really simple. I'm using the image vit c cleanser, the vit c mask one a week, image max moisturiser 3 times a week at night time, and the h2o serum as my day time moisturiser. I exfoliate once a week alternating between guinot green tea aha and macs volcanic ash.

Well, today, at the rip old age of 27, I had a new client at home this evening. She told me that my makeup was beautiful and wanted to know what it was that I was using. I had absolutely no makeup up at all.

I'm thrilled. I would tend to have good skin anyway but the simple skin care routine with good products have worked so well in such a short space of time. No swapping and changing and using different products, I've been consistent and simple and it's apparently working.

I haven't had a facial in months either so it's all down to the products I've been using at home.

So yeah -- thumbs up for both image and the aldi serum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I'm a fan of porefessional from Benefit and ran out last week. Bought Maybelline baby skin (green tube) last night and am wearing it today and love it. I'd even say it's the same as porefessional and was only 11.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hi LexieOnRale - I got the Aldi serum also - seen it on the shelves as cheap as chips so I figured it would be no harm to try it. Well I've only had it a week and a half, been using it every day and I've noticed my skin to be brighter. Haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine only this. I have the No7 famed serum but it's used rarely and sparingly as it's so expensive (to me). Aldi serum is already getting a thumbs up from me.
    The only thing is that it's in a glass container which I would be wary of dropping with slippy hands, granted it's not expensive to replace but I've already smashed a foundation on the tiles in the bathroom this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi LexieOnRale - I got the Aldi serum also - seen it on the shelves as cheap as chips so I figured it would be no harm to try it. Well I've only had it a week and a half, been using it every day and I've noticed my skin to be brighter. Haven't changed anything else in my skincare routine only this. I have the No7 famed serum but it's used rarely and sparingly as it's so expensive (to me). Aldi serum is already getting a thumbs up from me.
    The only thing is that it's in a glass container which I would be wary of dropping with slippy hands, granted it's not expensive to replace but I've already smashed a foundation on the tiles in the bathroom this week.

The Aldi range of serums are absolutely fab!!

They're award winning, & bloggers rave about them!

I love the Q10 & Mature skin serums.

At €3.99, they are unbeatable value, quality, & have incredible results. :)

Advertisement