Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i use a lot of Simple products as i seem to break out randomly with a rash under the skin,

Havent broken out in a long time whilst using Simple!

Superdrug have most of their Simple stuff half price :)
    got a few bits today!!

Hope the eye roll on is as good as the packaging says !!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »
    The Aldi range of serums are absolutely fab!!

They're award winning, & bloggers rave about them!

I love the Q10 & Mature skin serums.

At €3.99, they are unbeatable value, quality, & have incredible results. :)

Forgot to mention that these are also cruelty free which is the number one factor I look for in all my cosmetics & skincare!! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'm getting laser treatment on my face so might post before and after pictures if anyone is interested. I've wanted it for years so feel I should have it done .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

eternal wrote: »
    I'm getting laser treatment on my face so might post before and after pictures if anyone is interested. I've wanted it for years so feel I should have it done .

What is it you're getting the treatment for can I ask?

Tasden wrote: »
    What is it you're getting the treatment for can I ask?

It's for broken veins on my cheeks and nose. My face isn't really obviously bad but it's red and flushed a lot and it's very evident when I've no make up or fake tan on. Sun exposure apparently is the cause. All the days lounging under the rays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

nzr88z.jpg
    Mink lash pic as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Oh they're lovely Lexie, really natural & pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Mink lash pic as promised.

Great eyebrows!

Great eyebrows!

Thanks. I tint and shape them myself because I'm too paranoid to let anyone else near them. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Can you wear mascara with mink lashes?

• Advertisement

Nope but you really don't need to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Nope but you really don't need to
    Screw that! I've already got long eyelashes, just wanted a few more but i wont give up my mascara :P

has anybody used Kiehls midnight recovery oil?

and any words on soap and glory make up?
    I see the highlighter is highly sought after...

I need a new day time foundation thats not too heavy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

shakencat wrote: »

I've used the mascara and lipgloss before (got them as a gift). I didn't find them great to be honest. Not for the price anyway. They're around €14/15 and I don't think they're worth it.

I do like the body lotion and scrubs though.

I do like the body lotion and scrubs though.

yes, the scents are ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Its alright. Nothing spectacular to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I really like their eye liners, really smooth and last well in the waterline. Very like Urban Decay ones. I got a set last year at Christmas for cheap.

I also really like their jumbo lip pencils/Lipstick things. Smell lovely and glossy. I agree about the lip gloss though- very sticky and not very nice.

Finally I love the Glow All Out powder. It's like a really lovely pale pink radiant powder. I don't like their actual highlighter, it's far too harsh for my skin color but this one works great for my pale as hell skin!

Do people still wear blush?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

Hello,

Im looking to try a new foundation, something with decent coverage but without the cakey look?

I used to use any old foundation, with Mac Studio Fix powder over it for coverage or I've tried Estee Lauder with just a clear powder over but still manages to look quite thick and caked.

Anyone got any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Hello,

Im looking to try a new foundation, something with decent coverage but without the cakey look?

I used to use any old foundation, with Mac Studio Fix powder over it for coverage or I've tried Estee Lauder with just a clear powder over but still manages to look quite thick and caked.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Based on the two products you have mentioned, I'd say try L'Oreal Infallible Matte if you want a decent coverage. Unless you're oily like I am, you may not need to stick any powder over it :) It's working out better than any MAC, Nars or Laura Mercier foundation I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

eternal wrote: »
    Do people still wear blush?

Absolutely!!!

Never leave the house without blush! :o

I used it on and off, depends on the week.

If I get a decent amount of sleep, it's a miracle worker. Lines on my forehead completely gone, skin brighter, it's amazing.

If it's during a busy work week (or I'm approaching that week or so when no product but La Roche Posay Duo+ will make any dent in the eruptions on my chin), it doesn't make too much of a difference.

I'm glad I have it, but it does require a decent night's sleep to work it's magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

bscm wrote: »
    Based on the two products you have mentioned, I'd say try L'Oreal Infallible Matte if you want a decent coverage. Unless you're oily like I am, you may not need to stick any powder over it :) It's working out better than any MAC, Nars or Laura Mercier foundation I've tried.

Thanks for the advice:p

I shall give that a go, would'nt be too oily but I find that if I've no powder over my foundation that my eyeliner etc is more likely to smudge.. (but then again, could be just me rubbing my eyes forgetting I have eye make-up on and end up like a Panda:pac:)

I've never tried Nars or Laura Mercier either ? Are they worth a purchase:D

I've never tried Nars or Laura Mercier either ? Are they worth a purchase:D

I've used Laura Mercier Silk Creme and Nars Sheer Glow. I loved the appearance of both when first applied, but the Laura Mercier one transferred like crazy (couldn't touch my face at all without taking half it off) and the Nars Sheer Glow needed to be reblended at about 1pm.

If you aren't too oily, it might be worth getting a sample of Sheer Glow, but unless you're good at keeping your fingers away from your face I probably wouldn't recommended Laura Mercier Silk Creme.

I just know with the L'Oreal one, I can get through an entire day of work with only my nose getting shiny. Everything else stays great until maybe half 6 when it's over 12 hours into wear and probably should be taken off :P

My face is swollen after the laser treatment and it's hot and sore. It will take a while to see the results I suppose but I know it will be worth it. Going to avoid make up once it's done unless I'm going out at night.

Going to New York in Dec/Jan so I am making my Sephora list (even though the exchange rate in pants)

Anybody got any suggestions?
    So far all I've got are some Kat von D palettes, pretty much ALL the anastasia liquid lipsticks, some anastasia brow pomode in a lighter colour and brow whiz and the contour kit from anastasia.

One of my friends has just recently got a job with Mac in London so gets 30% discount, so in future I'm going to just give my Mac list to her and get her to get all the cosmetics for me. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing for someone with no self control.

Also, 20% pre Christmas sale in brown Thomas starting today for platinum members and Tuesday or Wednesday for everyone else, excluding cosmetics but is perfume cosmetics I wonder? Would love another bottle of the miu miu scent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

^^^

Have a look at Sephora own brand face masks. They're so good. I got a couple of different ones last time and wish I'd gotten more.

They didn't have the Anastasia Liquid Lipsticks the last time I was there, raging I missed out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

The Sephora lip creams are lovely! Also the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are meant to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Going to New York in Dec/Jan so I am making my Sephora list (even though the exchange rate in pants)

Anybody got any suggestions?
    So far all I've got are some Kat von D palettes, pretty much ALL the anastasia liquid lipsticks, some anastasia brow pomode in a lighter colour and brow whiz and the contour kit from anastasia.

One of my friends has just recently got a job with Mac in London so gets 30% discount, so in future I'm going to just give my Mac list to her and get her to get all the cosmetics for me. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing for someone with no self control.

Also, 20% pre Christmas sale in brown Thomas starting today for platinum members and Tuesday or Wednesday for everyone else, excluding cosmetics but is perfume cosmetics I wonder? Would love another bottle of the miu miu scent

Bite lipsticks! Love their formula

Advertisement