Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

eternal wrote: »
    Do people still wear blush?

I do anyway! It stops me looking dead, which is always a positive - I'm quite pale with a funny skintone so bronzer usually makes my skin look dirty.
    I use Benefit Coralista in Summer and Sugarbomb in Winter, or Lancome Blush Highlighter in Rose Ballerine (it was a limited edition last year - this year's limited edition looks the same to me but has a different name) or Bobbi Brown Pink Coral (not nearly as scary as it looks in the pan!).

Do people still wear blush?

One of the few things I wear regularly. I wear either Milani Luminoso or NYX Angel - both peachy shades, one matte and one with shimmer. It really warms up the face and makes me look less tired or washed out if I'm below par.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Just used the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Gel tonight to clean some foundation brushes & I quite liked it! It's better on brushes with synthetic hair, got them really clean but not so great with natural hair brushes. It's a good sized bottle too so should last a good while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I asked about the blush as I have spent my entire life trying to camouflage the natural blush in my face. It's so fascinating to see women and what they wear and try, it's endless but so discerning also. I actually bought a blush, Revlon 'Charmed Enchantment' and it's never been worn. I need make up classes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I asked about the blush as I have spent my entire life trying to camouflage the natural blush in my face. It's so fascinating to see women and what they wear and try, it's endless but so discerning also. I actually bought a blush, Revlon 'Charmed Enchantment' and it's never been worn. I need make up classes I think.

youtube!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I would camouflage my natural blush too and then put blush where I actually want it as opposed to being red/pink on my jawline/around my nose. It's perfectly placed on my cheeks only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's the fuss with the Mac 187 brush? I'm not getting it at all. I like kabuki brushes for foundation, but am actually using a blusher brush from fushia at the minute and it's giving the best finish ever!

What's the fuss with the Mac 187 brush? I'm not getting it at all. I like kabuki brushes for foundation, but am actually using a blusher brush from fushia at the minute and it's giving the best finish ever!

I've stopped using a foundation brush altogether,
    I got fobbed into buying the last EsteLauder one and I've been disgusted with myself since.
    waste of close to 50 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I can't seem to stop buying brushes. I started out years ago with mostly crown brushes, and had the basics there. I then got some fushia brushes, and some Mac and Inglot brushes. Now that I have all the brushes you can think of, I'm trying to build up my mac collection, slowly but surely I'll get there.

I can't seem to stop buying brushes. I started out years ago with mostly crown brushes, and had the basics there. I then got some fushia brushes, and some Mac and Inglot brushes. Now that I have all the brushes you can think of, I'm trying to build up my mac collection, slowly but surely I'll get there.

my mam bought me a set of mac a few years ago

well Santa did!

i use them all when I'm doing night time make up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Has anyone tried Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation? My Mother read in some magazine that it's great (:rolleyes:) so she is interested in it, so might get it for her for Christmas. She has dry skin and is in her 50's, so by the description of the foundation on the website I don't know would it suit her! She never really wears makeup either.

She wouldn't be able to try it out as we don't live anywhere near Dublin, so would be ordering online!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation? My Mother read in some magazine that it's great (:rolleyes:) so she is interested in it, so might get it for her for Christmas. She has dry skin and is in her 50's, so by the description of the foundation on the website I don't know would it suit her! She never really wears makeup either.

She wouldn't be able to try it out as we don't live anywhere near Dublin, so would be ordering online!

I swatched it out of curiosity and didn't like the texture, maybe it was just me but I also got a strange chemical smell! Love some of her other products but have no interest in her foundation or skincare.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Graceless wrote: »
    I swatched it out of curiosity and didn't like the texture, maybe it was just me but I also got a strange chemical smell! Love some of her other products but have no interest in her foundation or skincare.

It's a very expensive tinted moisturizer. It's fine but nothing amazing, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I love it but I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. I find it clings to any dry patches on my skin and then flakes and a few other posters said the same thing upthread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Thanks for the feedback guys! Will be going to Brown Thomas and Debenhams in Cork with her tomorrow so will see if there is anything else that would suit her better. Shame they don't have the Charlotte Tilbury range in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Thanks for the feedback guys! Will be going to Brown Thomas and Debenhams in Cork with her tomorrow so will see if there is anything else that would suit her better. Shame they don't have the Charlotte Tilbury range in Cork.

I got my makeup done once for a photo shoot for work and the makeup artist used Armani Luminous Silk foundation, it was fabulous. I def want to purchase it when my Charlotte Tilbury runs out. Def see if they have the Armani foundation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Up until now I've just been using the Real Techniques brushes but I've been lusting after the Zoeva brushes for ages. So after reading/watching loads of reviews on them, in a moment of weakness last night I ordered the Luxe Complete Set for €115

luxe-complete-set-l-01.jpg

Really excited to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

cactusgal wrote: »
    I got my makeup done once for a photo shoot for work and the makeup artist used Armani Luminous Silk foundation, it was fabulous. I def want to purchase it when my Charlotte Tilbury runs out. Def see if they have the Armani foundation!

This was gonna be my recommendation too! It's very glowy but not too drying at all and it has really great lasting power! My next purchase is gonna be Chanel Vitelumiere as it looks fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Aw you look lovely LexieOnRale, very nice make up but you naturally pretty too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

If your mom has set skin see if you can get a sample of Clarins extra comfort foundation. It's girgeous its only setback is the packaging is a complete pain in the hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Tasden wrote: »
    I would camouflage my natural blush too and then put blush where I actually want it as opposed to being red/pink on my jawline/around my nose. It's perfectly placed on my cheeks only!

This is exactly what I have to do. Also when I'm extremely flushed I dab some green based primer on my cheeks before my foundation. It helps take down the redness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Going to New York in Dec/Jan so I am making my Sephora list (even though the exchange rate in pants)

Anybody got any suggestions?
    So far all I've got are some Kat von D palettes, pretty much ALL the anastasia liquid lipsticks, some anastasia brow pomode in a lighter colour and brow whiz and the contour kit from anastasia.

Not all the Sephora's stock all the Anastasia products. Macy's has the biggest selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Candie wrote: »
    One of the few things I wear regularly. I wear either Milani Luminoso or NYX Angel - both peachy shades, one matte and one with shimmer. It really warms up the face and makes me look less tired or washed out if I'm below par.

Candie where do you buy Milani?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

aine92 wrote: »
    Candie where do you buy Milani?

You can buy direct from Milani or from Beautycrowd. :)

http://milanicosmetics.eu/

http://www.beautycrowd.com/pages/brands

And Jordana are here;

http://www.jordanacosmetics.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

keredern wrote: »
    You can buy direct from Milani or from Beautycrowd. :)

http://milanicosmetics.eu/

http://www.beautycrowd.com/pages/brands

And Jordana are here;

http://www.jordanacosmetics.eu/

Perfect thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

I've just finished the UD naked skin foundation. Hated it, just seems to rub off on everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Icsics wrote: »
    I've just finished the UD naked skin foundation. Hated it, just seems to rub off on everything

I had the opposite experience :o That stuff used to stay on my face even if I slept on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Any recommendations for foundation that doesn't come off on the phone? Starting to get very irritating that all my lovely make up is transferring and destroying the phone screen!

I have dry sensitive skin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

bscm wrote: »
    I had the opposite experience :o That stuff used to stay on my face even if I slept on it

Yes, I love it. It's probably my favourite foundation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Just bought the Emma Hardy amazing face cleansing balm for £25 on feelunique as part of their black Friday promotion

http://m.feelunique.com/c/black-friday

Has anyone else tried it? I'm very excited!!!

Advertisement