Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I tried l'Oreal true match foundation for the first time today. It seems to have quite heavy coverage considering how liquid it is. I applied with my fingers but will try a brush tomorrow. I got shade 1n-ivory because I'm really pale but it is very pale indeed.
    Also picked up a Catrice nude eyeshadow palette on a whim and an NYX brown eyeliner. Impressed with both considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Recieved the Pestle and Mortar pure hyaluronic serum in the post today, looking forward to trying it. Has anyone here tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Just bought the Emma Hardy amazing face cleansing balm for £25 on feelunique as part of their black Friday promotion

http://m.feelunique.com/c/black-friday

Has anyone else tried it? I'm very excited!!!
    Showing up at €47 and £33 in Sterling for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Showing up at €47 and £33 in Sterling for me :(

The black Friday link had a different price for it but it's sold out of the promotional stock, sorry :(
    I'll be checking in early tomorrow to see if there are any other good deals!

Couldn't resist ordering from Makeup Revolution, there was a free gift for Black Friday. I'm not expecting it to be amazing, but looking forward to trying out the blusher, contour brush, eyelid primer and a few other bits I ordered. The total price came to not much more than one Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, which was a total waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Going to New York in Dec/Jan so I am making my Sephora list (even though the exchange rate in pants)

Anybody got any suggestions?
    So far all I've got are some Kat von D palettes, pretty much ALL the anastasia liquid lipsticks, some anastasia brow pomode in a lighter colour and brow whiz and the contour kit from anastasia.
    t

I was there a few weeks ago and a lot of the anastasia liquid lipsticks were out of stock and the lady told me they have been for months and months! I was raging!! In Macys btw

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Up until now I've just been using the Real Techniques brushes but I've been lusting after the Zoeva brushes for ages. So after reading/watching loads of reviews on them, in a moment of weakness last night I ordered the Luxe Complete Set for €115

Really excited to try them out.

Would love to know how you got on with these brushes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Graceless wrote: »
    Would love to know how you got on with these brushes!

They arrived yesterday so haven't tried them out yet but I'll let you know when I've used them a bit. On first impressions they are lovely though, really soft and one of the crease brushes looks quite similar to the MAC 217 so I'm looking forward to giving it a try later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Just got Aurelia Cell Repair Night Oil and Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion. Excited to try both;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

anna080 wrote: »
    Recieved the Pestle and Mortar pure hyaluronic serum in the post today, looking forward to trying it. Has anyone here tried it?
    I've read great things about this so I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

anybody used glamglow masks?

shakencat wrote: »
    anybody used glamglow masks?
    I have used the one in the white tub, and its amazing.

It's amazing if you have oily or spotty skin, it really clears up spots and I've noticed my skin is a lot less oily than it was before. I would highly recommend it.

I've a sample of the hydrating one (in a blue tube/tub) and its alright, doesn't really do much, not overly hydrating or anything, that's just me though, I know others who love it. A good moisturiser does the same job for me, and costs a lot less too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I've used the white one, the blue one and I'm currently using the Thirstycleanse cleaner.

2v35ws2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just ordered this from Boots (online only.) Smashbox Mini Double Exposure palette. €12.67 until midnight tonight.

Smashbox-Double-Exposure-MINI-Palette.jpg

Valentina wrote: »
    Just ordered this from Boots (online only.) Smashbox Mini Double Exposure palette. €12.67 until midnight tonight.

Smashbox-Double-Exposure-MINI-Palette.jpg

I bought this too using points, I know I should be buying for myself but it doesn't count if I use my points right :)???

^^^
    Did you get it yet? What did you think of it? I like the look of all the colours so hoping to get a lot of use out of it, plus the small size should be good for travelling.

No, spending points does not count! :pac:

^^^
    Did you get it yet? What did you think of it? I like the look of all the colours so hoping to get a lot of use out of it, plus the small size should be good for travelling.

I only just ordered it online, won't have my hands on it till Friday :(
    I've not tried smashbox before so quite excited for my first product from them

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Well feck you cyber monday....... Just ordered 6 brushes from blank canvas and some of the new cocoa brown instant tan from cloud 10! Ooops!
    In my defence BC have 30% off if u spend over €15 and C10 have 20% so i saved money didnt I lol
    Happy early bday/Christmas to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My order from Makeup Revolution finally arrived this morning, was waiting a week and a half for it. :(

Got the salted caramel palette, it smells lovely and the colours are gorgeous. I think the only colour I wouldn't use is the pink sparkly one. I have the white chocolate palette and I use it the whole time.
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/heartmakeup/palettes/chocolate-palette/i-makeup-i-heart-chocolate-salted-caramel.html

I got the smokey iconic palette also. I used to always do a smokey eye, up until last year I had never bothered with eyeshadow and just used greys and charcoals when going out. I didn't really want to fork out for the naked palette when I have individuals (of other brands) at home so I seen the MUR palette launched and took a chance. Haven't tried the shadows yet but the palette doesn't really excite me. The packaging is very plain black and the colours look better on the website.
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/iconic-smokey.html

Lastly got a highlighter, Radiant Light in Exhale. Haven't tried it yet but it looks nice and shiny, maybe more of a night time product though.
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/makeup/face/highlighter/radiant-light-exhale.html

I'm waiting on mine too, it's just shipped. I didn't get any palettes so I'm interested in seeing how you get on with them.

• Advertisement

^^^

I shouldn't have clicked those links :( I really want that highlighter and smokey palette now. Would love to hear how you get on with them, Sunny Dayz.

Picked up the Irresistibly Charming Pigments in Gold.

image5.jpeg

Picked up the Melon pigment in the travel size too. Have been wanting this for absolutely ages but could never find the travel size.

ZmGQK0v.jpg?1

Ordered this from Boots.ie for €11.60 earlier. Had points so didn't cost me anything.

Cacherel Noa Summer Eau de Toilette 50ml

2035p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

^^^

I got this a couple of months ago and it's fab, love it! The navy is not normally a colour I'd wear but it's really nice. The colours are very vibrant. Great size for handbags too :)

It makes a really satisfying click when you close it too :o

Haha! I'll have the hinges worn off it. Love that click sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My sisters bought me the Makeup Revolution eye shadow pallet with 144 colours! The size of it! I can't wait to try it out :). My mum gave me a voucher so I'm going to buy the Marc Jacobs perfume. I'm not sure of the name but it's blue and has daisies on it. I love new things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Has anyone ever ordered off of Shop MissA?? Everything is a dollar and they seem to have flat rate shipping to Ireland. I've been looking up YouTube videos and the quality doesn't seem too bad on some things.

Picked up two Stila eyeshadows today.

Got the Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in metallic merlot, can't find a good pic of this online. :(

Also got Golden Topaz.

DSC00445+copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever ordered off of Shop MissA?? Everything is a dollar and they seem to have flat rate shipping to Ireland. I've been looking up YouTube videos and the quality doesn't seem too bad on some things.

Hi Nursemar88!I've ordered a couple of times from them in the last few months.

The items I ordered were pretty decent, and included makeup, tools, and hair accessories.

However, my last order arrived with one item missing, and three badly damaged.

I contacted the company via their contact link email but it continually bounced back as undeliverable.

I sent them 4 PMs on FB & also posted publicly on their FB page.

Not once did they respond, or even acknowledge me.

Yet they were answering other posts enquiring about products and deliveries, etc.

The 'lost' items were only $4 worth but it annoyed me that they have NO customer service.

So be warned, if you do order and there's a problem, don't expect any assistance! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lesson learned - don't buy expensive lipstick without trying it on first. You think I would have learned my lesson the first time around!

Had an order from Brown Thomas and decided to throw in a Mac lipstick - you can't get them around here. I searched online to see what was the nicest one to buy and settled for Syrup. Tried it on this morning and while it feels lovely on, it's the same féckin' colour of my lips, so it doesn't show up and feels like I just put a lip balm on. It might be more suited to the summertime.

Should have learned my lesson from the first time I bought a Mac lipstick - again researched what would be a good must have as we were going through The Loop in Dublin. But the day before I got really sick and the morning of the flight my lips had mutated with cold sores. Couldn't try any lippies on so I swatched on the back of my hand and got crème cup. When my cold sores were gone I tried the lippie and found that it's too pale for my lips. I've since improvised with lip liners as I'm not letting it go to waste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I got one of the Tom Ford lips and boys. Same as you sunnydayz I ordered it online. I got the colour 'Ian', looked gorgeous, nudey pink, very me. It arrives yesterday and it has flecks of gold in it and it comes out gold on the lips! It's awful! So disappointed as I so badly wanted to like it. Want to go for another colour now but am sceptical!

Advertisement