Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Taboola wrote: »
    The Soap & Glory box is going on sale tomorrow.

TBH I don't think i'm going to purchase this year. I've enough hand cream and heel genius to last me a lifetime already.

42e seems a little steep too, what was it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Without fail I always get the soap and glory box as a present off someone for Christmas but I always avoid checking out the contents but I saw it on snapchat and before I knew I'd seen the whole box. Arggggh Christmas is ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

What's in the S&G gift this year?

I got it last year, it was €30 something euros, can't remember exactly but it was great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

What's in the S&G gift this year?

I got it last year, it was €30 something euros, can't remember exactly but it was great value.

It's on the boots website, I just searched soap and glory and it popped up!

It's on the boots website, I just searched soap and glory and it popped up!
    I can't find it at all.

Could someone post a link to it please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

http://www.boots.com/en/SOAP-GLORY-ITS-THE-WHOLE-SHE-BANG%E2%84%A2_1688839/

SOAP & GLORY™ CLEAN ON ME™ Moisture Shower Gel
    SOAP & GLORY™ SUGAR CRUSH™ THE SCRUB OF YOUR LIFE ™Body Buffer
    SOAP & GLORY™ THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER™ Body Butter
    SOAP & GLORY™ HAND FOOD™ Hand Cream
    SOAP & GLORY™ HEEL GENIUS™ Foot Cream
    SOAP & GLORY™ THICK & FAST™ High-Definition Collagen-Coat™ Mascara
    SOAP & GLORY™ THICK & FAST™ PEACHES & CLEAN™ 4-in-1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk
    SOAP & GLORY™ THE RIGHTEOUS BUTTER™ Instant Sunkissed Tint Body Lotion
    SOAP & GLORY™ SEXY MOTHER PUCKER™ Lip Gloss in pink shade Rose & Shine.
    SOAP & GLORY™ COSMETICS CASE

10195585?id=Un_lX3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

Just ordered Joyful by Escada from Sephora. Couldn't find it anywhere so when I did find it, I had to order it. :o

71507W.jpg

Also got a mini Hourglass liquid lipstick in the shade Canvas, looks like a gorgeous colour. Hope it is as nice in reality. Photo is from http://bubblesandbeauty.blogspot.ie/

Left is canvas, right is edition.

snnmma.jpg

Got samples of the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation, Chloe Chloé EDP and the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free.

Also got a goodie bag with 12 deluxe mystery samples. Excited for this, love getting free samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Does it say how big the products are in the s and g set?

Just ordered these from Macys, they are Xmas presents from my mam. :)

MAC Irresistibly Charming Pigments in Purple

ixsbbl.jpg

Tarte Home for the Holidaze Collector’s Set & Portable Palettes

blogger-image-207077999.jpg
    shakencat wrote: »
    Does it say how big the products are in the s and g set?
    It doesn't say on the website but the products are full size I assume, they were last year anyway. :)

I'm going to buy that set today :) and the glow all out!
    first xmas present to myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Some great bargains on Cloud10 at the minute with the 20% off sale on Christmas stuff. Bought TheBalm In TheBalm Of Your Hand Palette, and a First Aid Beauty set all for €70. I was actually looking at them on Thursday, and it would have costed me €90 if I bought them then, so happy I waited!

This is the first high-end palette I've bought all year and it looks really good/has good reviews, so I'm looking forward to getting it. I've really wanted to try out First Aid Beauty stuff for ages, and the set is good value, esp with a tenner off. You get a full size Red Clay Purifying Mask, which I've been wanting to try for ages and costs 30 euro by itself, so for 10 euro extra there is some really interesting looking stuff. Especially the Skin Relief Cream - the skin on my body gets SO dry in winter.

Haha I sound like a Cloud10 shill, but I'm not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I need to stay out of this thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Are boots just sticking nyx online or can you but it in store aswell? Looked in Stephens green but couldn't see a stand!

Are boots just sticking nyx online or can you but it in store aswell? Looked in Stephens green but couldn't see a stand!
    Think its just online. I asked in my local Boots and they seemed to think it was online only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I checked Liffey Valley the other day and they didn't have a stand either. One of the staff said I could order online but she didn't specifically state it was only available online. I would imagine if it was in any store tho it'd be in the Liffey Valley because it's huge and they normally get everything.

I did find that McCabes pharmacy in Citywest has a new NYX stand. They might have stock in some of their other stores too.

I picked up their blush in taupe as a contour powder. it's a little on the chalky side but I really like the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

My christmas present to myself (probably be the only one I get:() €52 down from €105. Seems to go up in price every year, still I'll use everything in the set, but its def not as good value as it used to be.

10197037?id=z2Elj3&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

Picked this up in TK Maxx for €5.99, never tried any IMAN products before, so said I'd give it a whirl for such a cheap price.

Iman Under Cover Agent Oil Control Primer

56c2a93a71eba482b679c0614df8ab88.jpg

Rimmel Rose Quartz lip liner

top-5-lipliner-swatch.jpg

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waerproof Kohl Kajal in Golden. Cannot seem to find swatches of this anywhere. :confused:

801551902_tp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

ameliams wrote: »
    Was convinced I was going to end up picking up the Gwen stefani palette today, but after seeing it in person I feel a bit meh. Loved the pictures when it was released but wasn't that impressed when I saw it. Think I'd prefer the naked smoky palette.

I've long felt that UD are laughing up their sleeves at everyone falling over themselves to buy every new palette they release when they probably already have half the colours included.

I hope whatever product/marketing person came up with the concept (particularly Naked) got a massive Brucie Bonus off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I bought the Maybelline nudes palette the other day and i'm in love with it. Such pretty, lasting colours and for only €10 in Pennys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Purchased Mac lipstick in the shade Mehr upon recommendations from this thread and I'm thoroughly impressed. I was looking for something similar to Creme Cup but in a matte finish and Mehr is perfect.

Its a beautiful rosey mauve toned colour, very Kylie Jenner-esque, and extremely pigmented. It has the creamiest finish of any matte Mac lipstick I've tried and its a perfect compliment to my skin tone. I feel like my teeth look whiter too.

For reference I'm NW30 with fair hair and green eyes. I've been wearing it with Whirl liner and a dab of creme cup in the middle of the lips to highlight.

Thanks for the recommendation, ladies! Next on the list is Twig and Mocha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Splurged on the MAC cool neutrals palette.

Not my picture

i get so annoyed at the girls giving shading at make up counters.

Every time i go to a new make up brand, i explain to the girl, that every single make up 'expert' gives me a shade too dark, that my skin is weird and seems paler than is... that i end up trusting the make up assistants and spend endless moneys on the wrong shades that then i can't return as i open them!!

Was at the Este Lauder stand earlier and once again, the girl told me the colour i wanted was too pale, and swabbed a colour on my hand saying it was the correct one...
    It was orange when i walked outside!!!
    why don't they listen to me!

Its like when i ask for long leg length in jeans and shop assistants say, oh our regular is quite long, try them on...

Since when is any regular leg 35' :/

/rant over

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Every time i go to a new make up brand, i explain to the girl, that every single make up 'expert' gives me a shade too dark, that my skin is weird and seems paler than is... that i end up trusting the make up assistants and spend endless moneys on the wrong shades that then i can't return as i open them!!

Was at the Este Lauder stand earlier and once again, the girl told me the colour i wanted was too pale, and swabbed a colour on my hand saying it was the correct one...

Its like when i ask for long leg length in jeans and shop assistants say, oh our regular is quite long, try them on...

/rant over

Recently I was buying a foundation, I was going for my usual pale shade and the assistant advised I should go up a shade or two to "warm up" my skin.

Graceless wrote: »
    Recently I was buying a foundation, I was going for my usual pale shade and the assistant advised I should go up a shade or two to "warm up" my skin.

oh yes, today i said i wanted the shade of my skin, i was told.. well you need a bit of colour.. especially if you wear tan.

my response was, i have make up for when I'm going out.
    i want a natural colour for when i am not wearing tan on a night..

'we all like a bit of colour' would you believe,
    i like colour yea, but not a different colour to my neck!

Got these as Xmas gifts :)

Ellie Goulding brushes for MAC

MAC-Ellie-Goulding-Makeup-Brushes.jpg

MAC Enchanted Eve Plum set which has the following in it plus a double ended 242/ 209 brush.

Stormy Pink Paint Pot

prolongwearpaintpotswatches.jpg

False Lashes Mascara in Black

sl33h1.jpg

Gel eyeliner in Macroviolet

4aae265151feb.jpg

holiday2015_macenchantedeve012.jpg

MAC Upward Lash Mascara - seen a few girls on YouTube use this and it looks fantastic, hope it just as good as it seemed in the vids!

MAC-Upward-Lash-Mascara.jpg

Got samples of the Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream, Narciso Rodriguez 'For Her' Eau de Parfum and a sample of The Method' Starter Set by Lancer Skincare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

/rant over

I changed shade of foundation a few weeks ago, when I was paying the girl that was helping me pick came over & gave me a sample pot with enough foundation for 3 days to try before opening the bottle I was buying & told me to come back into her if I wasn't happy... might be worth trying next time!

I changed shade of foundation a few weeks ago, when I was paying the girl that was helping me pick came over & gave me a sample pot with enough foundation for 3 days to try before opening the bottle I was buying & told me to come back into her if I wasn't happy... might be worth trying next time!

wouldn't give me one as ''everyone does it and the product now needs a 30 min consultation in order to receive a tester to stop people abusing''

wouldn't give me one as ''everyone does it and the product now needs a 30 min consultation in order to receive a tester to stop people abusing''

What in the name of Jaysus do they have to talk about for 30 minutes??

That's a counter I'd never patronise again if I had to listen to half an hours worth of glorified sales pitch to get a sample.

Candie wrote: »
    What in the name of Jaysus do they have to talk about for 30 minutes??

That's a counter I'd never patronise again if I had to listen to half an hours worth of glorified sales pitch to get a sample.

so they can talk you into buying all these amazing products, they then proceed to tell you how gorgeous you are, and you leave looking like a baboons arse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

ಠ_ಠ

Advertisement