Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I wouldn't mind except that anytime I've been shade matched at a counter, they've gotten it wrong. I always have better luck doing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind except that anytime I've been shade matched at a counter, they've gotten it wrong. I always have better luck doing it myself.

Yep, some still prescribe to the belief that foundation should warm you up!

shakencat wrote: »
    wouldn't give me one as ''everyone does it and the product now needs a 30 min consultation in order to receive a tester to stop people abusing''

That is absolutely ridiculous. If they're charging €40 for a foundation as pretty much all premium brands do, they can afford a few measly samples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I got a few diff shades of Double Wear to try before i bought it. They were really helpful. I had told them i was matched completely wrong with a different brand and wouldn't commit again without trying it first tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Tilly wrote: »
    I got a few diff shades of Double Wear to try before i bought it. They were really helpful. I had told them i was matched completely wrong with a different brand and wouldn't commit again without trying it first tho.

it was double wear i went in for!!

I first got matched in BT, it was wrong = waste of money!!

so next place, Blanch, i told her i wouldn't buy again without trying at home on a normal day first...(those lights in shops are awful!)

she basically told me no, without a consultation.

• Advertisement

No way that's pants. I got my first two samples in Boots Swords and the next two in Brown Thomas grafton st. Then went back to Boots and bought it.

No way that's pants. I got my first two samples in Boots Swords and the next two in Brown Thomas grafton st. Then went back to Boots and bought it.

Ill give it a bash in boots, id prefer to get it wrong myself, then i can blame myself! and not the make up lady!

Ill give it a bash in boots, id prefer to get it wrong myself, then i can blame myself! and not the make up lady!

Just tell her you've been matched wrong before with other brands and you're not spending that money again with trying a sample at home first. If she's any way good at her job she'll give you a couple of colours. Even make out they gave your Mam or sister samples before that's why you're going to them today ;)

Ordered the Zoeva "en taupe" eye brush set. Trying to slowly build up my brush collection!

Graceless wrote: »
    Ordered the Zoeva "en taupe" eye brush set. Trying to slowly build up my brush collection!

Pic attached!

• Advertisement

have you used them before? i need new brushes..

I haven't but Zoeva brushes have gotten a load of great reviews. What inspired me to order them was a poster in this thread, Belle E. Flops- She ordered the deluxe set and posted good feedback. I'll update once they arrive and I've used them. Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I have two of the sets - Rose Golden Vol 1 and Vol 2, I love them, very good quality and so easy to use. The handles are also a great length, not too long (my sigma ones were too big)

I bought some for my sister for Christmas!

Graceless wrote: »
    Splurged on the MAC cool neutrals palette.

Not my picture

Have only had this a few days and haven't used all the shades in it but so far I absolutely adore this palette!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ordered Anastasia Beverley Hills highlighter in "So Hollywood". Was going to wait until my birthday in February but then I discovered that the highlighters are limited edition and SH is the most popular one, so I went ahead and got it.

2kop5l.jpg

Next on my list is Riviera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Where did you order the ABH highlighter from StripedBoxers? They're so beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Where did you order the ABH highlighter from StripedBoxers? They're so beautiful.
    I ordered it from the ABH website and had it send to GoSend, they are a forwarding company within the states.

For what it is worth, go send seem to have the cheapest options available for forwarding parcels from the states to Ireland.

I've had a good few things sent to them, and for them all to be forwarded to Ireland (there's a mixture of bulky and non-bulky items) its working out around €20, and that's for tracked shipping.

Plus you can keep your items in your Go Send locker for two months and then have them shipped to Ireland and there is no charge for them storing your items etc.

They're also super quick at replying to emails, messages etc.

FWIW, all the items in these posts are what I have had sent to GoSend, €20 is a pretty great price IMO for the amount of stuff.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98037160&postcount=5828

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98040533&postcount=5830

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98130568&postcount=5846

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98179223&postcount=5866

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97968510&postcount=5799

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97928450&postcount=5783 (the Noa perfume obviously wasn't sent to GoSend :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have vouchers for brown Thomas and space nk! Any recommendations on what to buy in space nk!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got this as a present https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/pucker-up-and-party hadn't tried Posie Tint and Balm before, really lovely. Anyone using Posie Tint (or Benetint) as a cheek stain? I've never tried it and would love any tips people might have, it looks quite scarily pigmented to me so I presume you have to blend quickly?!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I got this as a present https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/pucker-up-and-party hadn't tried Posie Tint and Balm before, really lovely. Anyone using Posie Tint (or Benetint) as a cheek stain? I've never tried it and would love any tips people might have, it looks quite scarily pigmented to me so I presume you have to blend quickly?!
    I got both of these as Christmas presents too and love them. Don't think I'd have the balls to try them on my cheeks even tho they can be used on them too. I'd end up looking like Bosco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I have vouchers for brown Thomas and space nk! Any recommendations on what to buy in space nk!

I love the By Terry Ombre Blackstar eyeshadows. Misty Rock is a particular fave! Also, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette is my most used palette of the last year! I've got the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector on my list to buy with my Christmas vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got both of these as Christmas presents too and love them. Don't think I'd have the balls to try them on my cheeks even tho they can be used on them too. I'd end up looking like Bosco.

Word for word what I said earlier after trying Posie on my lips!
    The balm is really lovely :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have the Caudalie Divine Oil from Space NK, probably my biggest beauty indulgence! It smells amazing (a bit like chocolate IMO) and feels even better. Think it was around €35 or so. You can use it on skin, nails and hair.

has anyone used the beauty bay make up brushes? like their brand

My Zoeva en taupe brush set arrived. Can't wait to play around with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Got the Inglot Christmas palette and Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita quad from the oh for Christmas.
    Didnt think I would be into some of the colours in the Inglot one but Ive surprised myself and means Im trying colours that I would usually be afraid of but loving them!
    But oh sweet baby jesus in the crib EVERYONE needs to go get the Charlotte Tilbury!!! I know theyr expensive but honestly the pigmentation is just amazing - and this is from someone who always said UD shadows were the best! They blend like a dream and last (i do use ud primer underneath). Im already planning my next purchase - The Vintage Vamp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Thinking of purchasing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Contour Kit (powder) and I was just wondering has anyone bought this before and what are their thoughts on it? Any comments much appreciated!

i got a bobbi brown pallet and lip glosses of mam for xmas,
    I wont use them ( i loose every lip balm, gloss, stick!!)
    and i have enough eye shadow palettes without a new one!!

Went back to BT today,

the pallet was 74 euro, and lipgloss 43

ridiculous price.
    They also wouldn't refund me, only offered me exchange!

Better than nothing i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

Just ordered the NIOD Photography Fluid Opacity 12%. Very excited to try it as all the reviews online seem amazing! Has anywhere here tried this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Brought the Beauty blender before Christmas. I just haven't been happy with the effect my real technique brushes and sponge were giving me of late. I wasn't expecting much from the BB as thought it might be another overhyped product.

I've used it every day with my Nars Sheer Glow and it is a total game changer. My skin looks absolutely flawless and airbrushed. I suffer from adult acne so am constantly worried about my spots and how my skin looks. This covers all my acne scarring flawlessly. I really couldn't recommend it more.

I brought mine in MUFE on Clarkson Street and the gave me a free tester of the BB cleaning oil and a mascara.

Advertisement