Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

I recently bought;

Urban Decay Perversion mascara
    Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline eye pencil (Mood)
    Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick (Venom)
    MAC lipstick (Ruby Woo).

Haven't tried any out yet. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

panda100 wrote: »
    Brought the Beauty blender before Christmas. I just haven't been happy with the effect my real technique brushes and sponge were giving me of late. I wasn't expecting much from the BB as thought it might be another overhyped product.

I've used it every day with my Nars Sheer Glow and it is a total game changer. My skin looks absolutely flawless and airbrushed. I suffer from adult acne so am constantly worried about my spots and how my skin looks. This covers all my acne scarring flawlessly. I really couldn't recommend it more.

I brought mine in MUFE on Clarkson Street and the gave me a free tester of the BB cleaning oil and a mascara.
    Do you mind me asking, but how much is the Beauty Blender there?

I've been considering getting one for ages but I kinda wanna see it in reality before I do buy cos they're expensive. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I actually can't remember. I think it was under 20 euro. I just got the beauty blender by itself. It is expensive but worth it imo. The real technique sponge, while good, really doesn't compare.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I recently bought;

Urban Decay Perversion mascara

Haven't tried any out yet. :P

LOVE this mascara, best I've used in ages.

I've been considering getting one for ages but I kinda wanna see it in reality before I do buy cos they're expensive. :o

I'll vouch for how amazing it is, my foundation looks perfect every time I use it. It takes me a bit longer to apply than using my brushes, but the results are worth it. Only negative for me is that it's a pain to clean, if you're buying I'd get the BB branded cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

I paid 24 quid for mine in Space NK on Grafton St.
    Mise Beauty in Navan/Dundalk have them at 20 quid. Best thing i bought in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

For those of you that use Beauty Blenders - do you use them wet/damp or dry? I've been debating getting one too but don't know if I could be fussed to go wet it every time I want to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

ShazGV wrote: »
    For those of you that use Beauty Blenders - do you use them wet/damp or dry? I've been debating getting one too but don't know if I could be fussed to go wet it every time I want to use it.

You have to wet it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Annual addition of soap and glory has been added to my stash after Christmas, so I'm well stocked up for the year.
    Didn't get the big box this year but was kind of glad didn't think it was as good as last year.

Also received the body shop coconut shimmer body butter and the l'occitane supple body oil. Two of my favourite ever products but I never pick them up for myself, too spendy.

With a debenhams voucher I picked up the naked smoky palette which I am so impressed by so far. The mattes are really really nice colours perfect for everyday and the shimmers are very wearable. It's pretty much a replacement for my almost empty naked 1 palette.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yesterday I bought two faced chocolate palette in debenhams but opened it when I got home to realise that it was all smashed and the colours completely broken and all run into one another! So annoyed as I won't be able to take it back for another week. Will they accept it back for a replacement after one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

anna080 wrote: »
    Yesterday I bought two faced chocolate palette in debenhams but opened it when I got home to realise that it was all smashed and the colours completely broken and all run into one another! So annoyed as I won't be able to take it back for another week. Will they accept it back for a replacement after one week?

I would say ring them now or take a pic and email them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

anna080 wrote: »

Yeah I'd take a pic and post it on facebook if they have a page. At least then you'll have a time stamp that you can use to prove you didn't damage it yourself in the week you took to get back to the store.

Or if you can get someone else to return it if you're worried (if that's a possibility obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Has anyone here tried the Stila One Step Correct? Its the bottle with the green, peach and lavender spirals in it. Heard some good things but don't want to spend 30 quid on it if it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

The Cool wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried the Stila One Step Correct? Its the bottle with the green, peach and lavender spirals in it. Heard some good things but don't want to spend 30 quid on it if it's not worth it.
    I've never used it but I have seen it in TK Maxx for less than €15 if its any use to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I received Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser for Christmas, and gave it a whirl last night. Oh my skin feels lovely! So soft! It smells very refreshing too.

It does claim to remove all your makeup, including mascara, but I'm not sure about that. I think the cloths would get very grubby quite quickly. If I had a full face of makeup on, I think I'd probably use my micellar water first, and then treat my skin to the hot cloth cleanser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

panda100 wrote: »
    Brought the Beauty blender before Christmas. I just haven't been happy with the effect my real technique brushes and sponge were giving me of late. I wasn't expecting much from the BB as thought it might be another overhyped product.

I've used it every day with my Nars Sheer Glow and it is a total game changer. My skin looks absolutely flawless and airbrushed. I suffer from adult acne so am constantly worried about my spots and how my skin looks. This covers all my acne scarring flawlessly. I really couldn't recommend it more.

I brought mine in MUFE on Clarkson Street and the gave me a free tester of the BB cleaning oil and a mascara.

Oo next on my purchase list! What's the NARS Sheer Glow like? Been dying to try it for ages!
    Beauty Bay have them for €22.40 and free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I went on a bit of a cleanser binge the other day!
    I've gotten into the bad habit of using a grainy exfoliator every day in the shower so decided to up my cleansing game a bit.
    Tried Vichy waterproof eye make up remover a few months back and loved it, no greasy residue which put me off the Nivea version, so I repurchased that http://www.vichy.ie/Hydration/Waterproof-Eye-Make-Up-Remover-For-Sensitive-Eyes-PURETE-THERMALE/p16976.aspx and noticed Boots had a '3 for 2' offer on their stuff, so decided to give the Vichy Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel a whirl for in-shower cleansing http://www.boots.ie/en/Vichy-Normaderm-Deep-Cleansing-Purifying-Gel-200ml_866724/ and their Calming 3 in 1 Micellar Water for make up removal http://www.boots.ie/en/Vichy-Purete-Thermale-3-in-1-Calming-Micellar-Cleansing-Solution-200ml_866840/
    So far I love them all! I hadn't tried a micellar water before so was looking forward to trying it, and was well impressed at how easily it removed my waterproof mascara yet felt very calming and soothing on the skin.
    Also picked up 3 kinds of Simple make up removal wipes (for those lazy evenings :D )
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Simple-Regeneration-Age-Resisting-Cleansing-Wipes-25-Wipes-_13296/ I've tried these ones before and loved how soft they were, and not at all drying
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Simple-Kind-to-Skin-Radiance-Brightening-Wipes-25s_1015589/
    and http://www.simple.co.uk/our-products/product/kind-to-skin-micellar-cleansing-wipes.html
    Haven't tried the wipes yet but always handy to have a stock of them, particularly when they're on 3 for 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penzo16

Recently got the Blank Canvas new eyeshadow palette (Master series, palette one) for Christmas and I love the colours in this. So nice to blend as well, think my naked palettes will be taking a back seat for a while.

My first Mac products (bit late to it, I know lol) I picked up Velvet Teddy lipstick and my boyfriend picked up Mehr for me for Christmas. Anyone recommend a good lipliner for either? (Mac or otherwise).

Also got a voucher for Debenhams, looking for some advise on a nice foundation to try if anyone could throw a few recommendations my way, would be gratefully appreciated, was thinking maybe UD Naked Skin but have heard mixed reviews on it. I have dry skin and psoriasis also. Usually use Revlon colourstay (dry version), Collection lasting perfection foundation and also Inglot HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Went on a but of a spending spree in Mac coz I was feeling sorry for myself being back to work but I'm justifying it with that I get pro discount and earning BT points so I'm practically earning money...yeah right! I bought the newish waterweight foundation to see what the fuss is (my sister was raving about it) lipsticks in Brave, Red and Lovelorn. Was going to buy Velvet Teddy but I felt it was too orange for my skintone. I must be on my third tube of Lovelorn at this stage I wear it all the time with Hip n Happy liner. I also stocked up eyeshadow refills in mainly neutral colours that I was hitting pan on. I got some eyeliners as well and I forgot how much I love Prunella and I'm just so glad I bought it on a whim. (Easily pleased)
    I also bought a Ren moisturiser Vita mineral I think and even though I've only used it once I'm liking how my skin feels so hopefully it'll stay like that.
    It's been ages since I was in a big Penney's store and was surprised at the large range in the beauty dept. Any reccomendations? Thought the cluster lashes looked good but wasn't in the mood to queue at tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm a sucker for a new L'Oreal mascara so bought the Volume Million Feline there yesterday as I was all out anyway. Used it for the first time today and my impressions are mixed. I never like the first few uses out of a new tube of mascara anyway, even my usual one (False Lash Flutter) so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt there, although first impression was that it gave way more length than volume, which made my lashes look very spidery. I wasn't wearing any eyeshadow, though, and I find that the "powder fall" when I am can help in that regard. L'Oreal are also fond of their whacky brushes, which can take a bit of getting used to.

What did bother me, though, is that if you manage to get a bit on your lid while applying, it will. Not. BUDGE. Usually when that happens me I just let it dry and brush it off with an eyeshadow brush. Not this. Flipping indelible. And it's not even waterproof! So that could end up being a big minus on this for me. We'll see. I'll report back after a few more uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

Love coming home to something nice in the post, ordered Kevin Murphy Angel wash and Angel rinse. Have read amazing reviews of it and a lot of Irish bloggers have been reviewing it so fingers crossed it works wonders on my mop!

• Advertisement

Love coming home to something nice in the post, ordered Kevin Murphy Angel wash and Angel rinse. Have read amazing reviews of it and a lot of Irish bloggers have been reviewing it so fingers crossed it works wonders on my mop!

Ooh Id be interested to hear how you got on with this, do report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Has anyone ordered any makeup eyeshadow palettes from Zoeva? I love the taupe and the cocoa blend ones!

Also looking for recommendations for wine/burgundy eyeshadows please!:)

I was going to get the Mac burgundy x9 but I wasn't mad about it when I got to play around with a friends one! Seriously tempted to invest in a Charlotte Tilbury vintage vamp. Anyone here used it? Trying to stay away from gold & bronze colours have loads of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Was really tempted to pick up one of the Ciate advent calendars yesterday - they had two left in the Stephens Green clearance section for 23e - missing a couple of bottles of course but still....thing is I only paint my toenails!:rolleyes:

Was in Spain recently and picked up some Kiko goodies - 42 euros for about 6 lippies a blush and a dark circles corrector (crap) - the lippies are really good I find and such good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered any makeup eyeshadow palettes from Zoeva? I love the taupe and the cocoa blend ones!

Also looking for recommendations for wine/burgundy eyeshadows please!:)

I was going to get the Mac burgundy x9 but I wasn't mad about it when I got to play around with a friends one! Seriously tempted to invest in a Charlotte Tilbury vintage vamp. Anyone here used it? Trying to stay away from gold & bronze colours have loads of them!

Me too! need Wine/Burgundy colours too, I have so maybe browns etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I absolutely adore my vintage vamp palette. The shades are beautiful, blend really well and can be built up to be as simple or dramatic as you want. I highly recommend it.

I have the vintage vamp too. Bought it at the time when everyone eas lusting over the Dolce Vita as I kind of got sick of looking at that one. It's pretty similar to it but more burgandy toned. I actually don't use it that much, I should crack it out more because when I do use it I fall in love all over again. It is beautiful. You wouldn't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Mugatuu wrote: »

I have to say my Burgundy x9 is one of my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Can anyone recommend a budget primer good for reducing the appearance of large pores on the nose and cheeks? Budget around €10

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Finally got to order the Morphe 350 palette!! :D:D

Gonna be a long month waiting :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a budget primer good for reducing the appearance of large pores on the nose and cheeks? Budget around €10

I use the w7 camera ready one as my everyday primer. It costs €6 in Sam McCauleys. It's a dupe of the smashbox photo finish primer and for that money it's actually really good!

Advertisement