Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for a new L'Oreal mascara so bought the Volume Million Feline there yesterday as I was all out anyway. Used it for the first time today and my impressions are mixed.

Ok, so I think this is going in the bin. It's a freakin' BITCH to remove. I use a foaming witch hazel cleanser which removes every trace of my usual mascara (L'Oreal False Lash Flutter) on the first pass. Not this stuff. Even after several goes, there was still loads of it on. So, tried micellar water next. Nope, still wouldn't lift it. I eventually had to gently warm some pure rapeseed oil and use that to get rid of the last of it. So, I think that's me and it done. I don't like eye products that take too much rubbing/fiddling around to remove and I'd say even Lancome Bi-facil would have trouble getting this off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a budget primer good for reducing the appearance of large pores on the nose and cheeks? Budget around €10

Maybeline baby skin is class and about a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Gal44 wrote: »
    Me too! need Wine/Burgundy colours too, I have so maybe browns etc..

I have Burgundy times 9 and I adorrrre it. Such gorgeous plums and burgundys. I use the copper colour as a wet-foil too with a smoky eye. My boyfriend turned up home with it one day, said he had seen me creeping on it online, what a man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Finally got to order the Morphe 350 palette!! :D:D

Gonna be a long month waiting :pac:

Oh my godddddddddd from where?? I have been watching Beauty Bay religiously and I haven't this week, noooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

anna080 wrote: »
    Ooh Id be interested to hear how you got on with this, do report back!

After just one use I am impressed, hair feels gorgeous and isnt sitting as flat as it normally does by the end of the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Ok, so I think this is going in the bin. It's a freakin' BITCH to remove. I use a foaming witch hazel cleanser which removes every trace of my usual mascara (L'Oreal False Lash Flutter) on the first pass. Not this stuff. Even after several goes, there was still loads of it on. So, tried micellar water next. Nope, still wouldn't lift it. I eventually had to gently warm some pure rapeseed oil and use that to get rid of the last of it.

Are you just wiping the product off your eyes straight away? when removing eye products its best to pour the makeup remover onto a cotton pad and then sit the pad on your closed eye for up to a minute and then with circular movements wipe off the product. I find la roche posay makeup remover the best i've used

SingItOut wrote:
    Are you just wiping the product off your eyes straight away?

No. I use exactly the technique you describe, I'm far from an amateur at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

aine92 wrote: »
    Oh my godddddddddd from where?? I have been watching Beauty Bay religiously and I haven't this week, noooooo!

I've been watching the Morphe website for months and I was on their Instagram last night and a person responded back to me saying they were back in stock and ordered it straight away! Got the 35 plum palette as well! Can't wait for them to arrive! 😠It was limited to one 350 palette per person, rang a friend and she checked and they are sold out again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I've been watching the Morphe website for months and I was on their Instagram last night and a person responded back to me saying they were back in stock and ordered it straight away! Got the 35 plum palette as well! Can't wait for them to arrive! ðŸ˜

Would love to hear how ye get on with Morphe. They look lovely but have read mixed reviews.

Valentina wrote: »
    Would love to hear how ye get on with Morphe. They look lovely but have read mixed reviews.

I read very mixed reviews as well, all the metallic and shimmer shades are meant to work very well and be very pigmented but the matte shades are meant to be hit and miss.

Anyone here have experience using the Inglot Duraline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up these in Boots today

French Connection Skin Collection

52314857.jpg?preset=detailed,default

Sanctuary Favourite Florals Tin

2hnm3hf.jpg

Popped into MAC on Henry Street and picked up Tempting eyeshadow, also got a sample of the pro longwear foundation.

macshadow.png

Went into Lush "for a look" and left with four bath bombs.

I got the Blackberry bath bomb

16712km.jpg

Brightside bubble bar

b8kzd1.jpg

Sunnyside bubble bar

2eowoz4.jpg

Dragon's Egg bath bomb

2wp6o1l.jpg

Picked up the NYC black liquid liner a few weeks ago and love it, it is super black and it lasts for ages. I can't remember the exact price but it is around €2 or €3, and for that price you really can't go wrong. Black as black, dries quickly, no flaking/smudging, only thing is, it needs something oil based to remove it, in my experience anyway.

35c252q.jpg
    I've been watching the Morphe website for months and I was on their Instagram last night and a person responded back to me saying they were back in stock and ordered it straight away! Got the 35 plum palette as well! Can't wait for them to arrive! 😠It was limited to one 350 palette per person, rang a friend and she checked and they are sold out again
    Valentina wrote: »

I have the 350 and the 35T and love them both, they have fantastic pigmention, you need a light hand with them, the matte shades don't have any fallout on the face but do kick up a minimal amount of product in the palette, the shimmery/glittery shades do have a bit of kick up within the palettes and there is quite a bit of fallout on the skin when applying and blending (both with wet/dry brushes), I've found I need to hold a piece of kitchen paper/tissue under my eye and over the top of my cheeks to prevent fallout on my skin, and brushing away the shimmery fallout still leaves a shimmering sheen to the area where the fallout was.

That said, I absolutely love both palettes, they're great quality, and aren't overly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Inglot Duraline is great! I use it to apply pigments to my eyes and also use it with a clean angled eyeliner brush once I have finished my winged liner to make sure it's a sharp line and perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

No. I use exactly the technique you describe, I'm far from an amateur at this stage.

I find mircella water next to useless to shift my mascara, waterproof or otherwise. I use boots botanics eye make up remover. Now it's quite oily but it removes my worst mascaras really easily and then I just use some mircella water to 'clear up' the excess oil .

Lyra Fangs wrote:
    I find mircella water next to useless to shift my mascara, waterproof or otherwise. I use boots botanics eye make up remover. Now it's quite oily but it removes my worst mascaras really easily and then I just use some mircella water to 'clear up' the excess oil .

Tbh, the oilier the better with eye make-up remover imo as it reduces drag. This particular mascara went in the bin yesterday though. Avoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have stopped using makeup remover and just use coconut oil as a pre cleanse and my normal cleanser to remove the excess. Love it. My skin is so soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I have stopped using makeup remover and just use coconut oil as a pre cleanse and my normal cleanser to remove the excess. Love it. My skin is so soft.

like cooking coconut oil, or a special kind?:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I was in Liffey Valley this morning with no makeup on so made a beeline to try the Stila colour correct. I have to say my skin feels lovely but in terms of colour correcting I see absolutely no difference. In terms of getting glowy skin I get a far better result from the Botanics Radiance Balm. So I won't be splashing out the dosh on the Stila.

shakencat wrote: »
    like cooking coconut oil, or a special kind?:o:o

I use the one you can buy in dunnes for about 8 euro. It's completely natural so you can cook with it, put it in smoothies, use it as makeup remover, eat it, I use it on my body (hypothyroidism means my skin can be so dry it's shrivelled up) and it's amazing. Hair masks, nail oil.
    Literally fixes all the problems in my life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I use the one you can buy in dunnes for about 8 euro. It's completely natural so you can cook with it, put it in smoothies, use it as makeup remover, eat it, I use it on my body (hypothyroidism means my skin can be so dry it's shrivelled up) and it's amazing. Hair masks, nail oil.

Lexi you're hypothyroid! Me too! Any more suggestions for the dry skin? I use la Roche posay serum and moisturiser and their face mask twice a week. Skin still feeling dry within hours though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

do you use cotton pads? sorry about the weird questions!!!

• Advertisement

Lexi you're hypothyroid! Me too! Any more suggestions for the dry skin? I use la Roche posay serum and moisturiser and their face mask twice a week. Skin still feeling dry within hours though!

Well I have normal skin on my chest and tummy, dry on my back and my arms and severely dry on my legs.
    In the shower I use clean on me by soap and glory, I use the scrub of your life (soap and glory) exfoliator every three days and I lather myself in coconut oil after a shower. My legs are so dry that sometimes my skin will soak the oil up within 30 mins, so I'll reapply. If they're that severely dry, a couple of applications for a few days in a row generally sorts it out and then it's back to normal.

I have psoriasis on my scalp so I use Philip Kingsley scalp exfoliator, Philip Kingsley unscented shampoo and the Bain therapie mask by kerastase (just OK the ends of my hair, it's so heavily scented it drives me skin mad if it gets near my scalp)

My face, Im changing it up at the minute.
    I use coconut oil (with a warm facecloth) to pre cleanse.
    I use an image cleanser to cleanse my skin
    I use A decleor pro product to deep cleanse my pores
    I use an image exfoliator
    I alternate between an image serum, an aldi serum and a decleor oil.
    I use an image day moisturiser
    I use a decleor night balm
    I use a dernalogica eye cream

I would have normal skin on my face that's severely dehydrated so my main objective is hydration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Thanks Lexi that was really informative and helpful. I'll try some of those especially the hair stuff as my hair is so dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Received these Laura Mercier lip products as birthday gifts last month; Lip pencil liner in Baby Lips and Paint Wash Liquid Lip Colour in Nude Rose. The pencil is lovely but imo there's nothing particularly special about it. The colour is a good match for my own lips but it doesn't do anything that my MAC/UD/Bobbi Brown liners don't.

The Lip Colour though is fantastic. It's so light and not a bit gloopy or sticky, it actually feels like you've nothing on your lips. It glides on for perfect coverage and great colour. It does wear off a little bit though, I noticed a few traces on my cup but didn't feel the need to reapply for quite a while. I'd be interested in picking up a few more colours of Lip Paint, it just feels lovely to wear. It's dear enough though, so I won't be getting one in every colour just yet.

s1662659-main-hero-300.jpgs1677400-main-hero-300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Can anyone point me in the direction of a brush to use to apply the inglot brow gel? I'm still a little bit of a newb when it comes to eyebrows :)
    Went to inglot for my OH's grad ball make up though and she used the brow gel and they turned out amazing :o

An angled brush. I use one from crown

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

5jQ67O.jpg

Becca/Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop

C7HqSw.jpg

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone

Nha54K.jpg

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

Still eagerly awaiting these. Trying to get my skin back in check after it went seriously off kilter towards the end of last year, so amping up skincare and not wearing make up most days at the moment. Couldn’t resist these Becca beauts for later, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Ohhh where did you order the becca/jaclyn hill one?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Ohhh where did you order the becca/jaclyn hill one?

I got it on Cult Beauty. I just checked and it's out of stock there at the moment but you can join a wait list to be alerted when it's back in stock.

Failing that, Space NK have it in stock online. You could also see if they have it in one of their Dublin shops; I haven't been in recently so I don't know if they got this in. Hope that helps!

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for contour palettes / kits. It's for a friends birthday, she has a medium skin tone. I have no experience with contouring at all, would I be better getting a cream or powder kit for her? She's very much into her make up but has no experience contouring either and has shown interest in trying it.

I have looked into:
    Anastasia Conour both powder and cream palette versions
    Blank canvas contour powder palette
    Crown contour
    Too faced powder contour
    NYX contour powder kit
    Also looked at Nars contour and the Inglot ones & Charlotte Tilbury

I've no idea! Thinking of getting the Morphe contour brush set for her also or any reccomendations for contour brushes/ sets

Hoping to order it soon to be here in time. Would greatly appreciate suggestions ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I have the Anastasia powder one, the kat von d one and the charlotte tilbury...Tbh if I was buying for someone else, I'd probably get the Charlotte Tilbury one as I think the packaging is a bit more luxe and the contour shade and the highlight shade are both really beautiful. I'm still getting to grips with my Anastasia one but I think even though it's got six colours I'll probably only use two or three of them anyway. It's a big enough palette that makes it a wee bit more cumbersome than the CT one which is easier to throw in my make up bag!

Advertisement