Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Mugatuu wrote: »
    I've been watching the Morphe website for months and I was on their Instagram last night and a person responded back to me saying they were back in stock and ordered it straight away! Got the 35 plum palette as well! Can't wait for them to arrive! 😠It was limited to one 350 palette per person, rang a friend and she checked and they are sold out again

Oh I could cry, I want it so badly. Do let us know how you get on, dying to see those burnt orange shades!! I also want Duraline, so if you buy that then I'm just gonna live vicariously through you ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

aine92 wrote: »
    Oh I could cry, I want it so badly. Do let us know how you get on, dying to see those burnt orange shades!! I also want Duraline, so if you buy that then I'm just gonna live vicariously through you ok :D

Just to let you know it's back in stock right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

http://www.lookfantastic.com/kerastase-specifique-bain-divalent-250ml/10444848.html

I had a thread on my hair being greasy a while back. My hairdresser recommended this shampoo and only conditioning occasionally with my usual conditioner. I've been using it about a month now and I'm getting up to three days out of a wash. My hair isn't amazing on the third day but a bit of dry shampoo sorts out the worst of it and I throw it up into a topknot.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Before I make a new purchase, does anyone know do Mac in BTs give samples? I've never bought anything Mac before so is like to try them first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I've got samples after buying a lot of product, I've never got samples without purchases but that's not to say they don't. You could always ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

PennyWren wrote: »
    Before I make a new purchase, does anyone know do Mac in BTs give samples? I've never bought anything Mac before so is like to try them first
    Yeah they do give samples.

They don't give samples of pigments mind, only concealers/primers/foundations and products like those.

I got a sample of pro longwear foundation last week and the girl gave me a small pot full to the top of it. Should last me about 2-3 weeks I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i got soap and glory eye liners today on sale, anyone use em before?

Yeah they do give samples.

They don't give samples of pigments mind, only concealers/primers/foundations and products like those.

I got a sample of pro longwear foundation last week and the girl gave me a small pot full to the top of it. Should last me about 2-3 weeks I'd say.

Thanks for this, I got 2 samples of the water weight foundation( 2 different colours) excited to try it out. Has anyone used it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

shakencat wrote: »
    i got soap and glory eye liners today on sale, anyone use em before?

Yeah they are really nice! Long lasting in the waterline actually and soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks for this, I got 2 samples of the water weight foundation( 2 different colours) excited to try it out. Has anyone used it??
    I haven't used that one. I've only tried pro longwear (first time today) and studio sculpt.

I'm not sure if its how I applied the pro longwear, the primer I used underneath it or the foundation itself, but its thick, cakey, heavy, powdery, it rubs off and transfers easily. Three times today I had to take a foundation brush and "dab" the area around my mouth as even though I hadn't been eating, the foundation had worn off around that area.

It was hard to blend out, and I had to get my real techniques sponge and spend a good 10-15 mins dabbing over the foundation to take down the cakey and powdery look of it.

I'll keep trying it til I use the sample up but I dunno now if I'd like this one, going by today alone I wouldn't like it and wouldn't repurchase but we'll see how I get on with it.

• Advertisement

I hated pro long wear. Only foundation ever that made my usually normal (slightly dry) skin break out in roaring red acne breakouts. It was horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i teach swimming, so am on pool side / in the water a lot..

my face is starting to get all blotchy, like sides of my noise and above my lip, like a moustache :(

i can't cover it with make up because that would be pointless!

any ideas for help?

shakencat wrote: »
    i teach swimming, so am on pool side / in the water a lot..

my face is starting to get all blotchy, like sides of my noise and above my lip, like a moustache :(

i can't cover it with make up because that would be pointless!

any ideas for help?

Facial oil like rosehip, topped off with a barrier cream like Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream. You'd probably have to reapply a lot though, with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Thinking of buying Alpha H liquid gold, anyone here find it any good? Is it not suitable for sensitive skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Cornsilk loose translucent powder!

On a whim I added a box of Cornsilk to a recent amazon order and I'm so in love with it. Its like no other powder I have used before; it leaves a beautiful soft focus look to the skin, but it looks entirely natural and lasts for me for hours and hours. It smells very much like you'd expect a vintage style product, reminded me a bit of my granny at first :D but now I love the smell when I open the box, somehow it seems classic.

Between the powder and the Dior Capture Totale One Essential Serum under the christmas tree, I am having such lovely skin days. I am always a splurge and a budget fan all at once :p

ameliams wrote: »
    Just to let you know it's back in stock right now.

I checked Beauty Bay immediately after you posted this and it was out of stock, is there somewhere else stocking it that I'm missing? Thanks for the heads up!!

I checked Beauty Bay immediately after you posted this and it was out of stock, is there somewhere else stocking it that I'm missing? Thanks for the heads up!!

I don't think it was ever in stock on beauty bay because im next on the list for it there and never recieved a notification

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever in stock on beauty bay because im next on the list for it there and never recieved a notification

There's a list? How would I go about putting myself on the list? I've been waiting the longest time just hoping I would catch it when it is instock but that isn't looking likely so desperate times call for desperate measures :rolleyes:

There's a list? How would I go about putting myself on the list? I've been waiting the longest time just hoping I would catch it when it is instock but that isn't looking likely so desperate times call for desperate measures :rolleyes:

Oops I meant cult beauty not beauty bay. If you go on to cult beauty and add it to your basket it will ask you to join the wait list, just click on that and then they e mail you when it's about to come back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

It should be available on the Morphe Website soon, shipping starts at €21 for the palettes. Think my shipping was €29 for two palettes.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend me a medium coverage foundation for cool toned pale skin? I've collected about 10 samples over the last couple of days and so far no joy and every single counter I went too, urban decay, ysl, Lancôme etc all strongly suggested that I need something to "warm" up my skin!
    They all said it'll be perfect when I'm wearing fake tan and when I told them I never wear tan they still thought the bit of warmth was good! I just want something to even out my skin tone. Help! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Can anyone recommend me a medium coverage foundation for cool toned pale skin? I've collected about 10 samples over the last couple of days and so far no joy and every single counter I went too, urban decay, ysl, Lancôme etc all strongly suggested that I need something to "warm" up my skin!
    They all said it'll be perfect when I'm wearing fake tan and when I told them I never wear tan they still thought the bit of warmth was good! I just want something to even out my skin tone. Help! :(

I tried loreal infallible foundation because it got quite good reviews in this very thread and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Ooooh sorry I might have thinking about morphe.

But it is available now on morphe it you want to get it from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://www.brownthomas.com/complexion/healthy-glow-foundation-spf-25-pa++/invt/49x1794x184210 finally found my perfect foundation, after trying a sample from a magazine. All my usual L'Oreal, Maybelline and Double Wear stalwarts have been looking cakey and unnatural on my dehydrated skin lately. This one gives lovely medium coverage, really natural 'no makeup makeup' look but it's buildable too. I'm usually the palest shade in most makeup ranges (I'm basically see-through in Winter) but went for the second palest in this one, number 20. Bit of a splurge but highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

My OH got back from Florida today with a little bag of MAC goodies for me (which I most certainly gave him in a list before he left)

I got the paint pot in painterly, eyeshadow in cranberry, sketch and woodwinked, lip pencil in candy yum yum and cherry, lipstick in speak louder, studded kiss and Mehr and the matte liquid lipstick in fashion legacy and dance with me :)

I also wanted the matte liquid lipstick in Lady Be Good but they were out of stock so I will have to pick it up instore.

I'm a very happy little lady today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

anna080 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying Alpha H liquid gold, anyone here find it any good? Is it not suitable for sensitive skin?

I love it! It does tingle a bit at first but it goes quickly. I'd advise using some serum on top for the first few uses and then graduating to using it alone. And I also don't use it every three days as some people do- I use it once a week, I think any more would be too harsh for me. Don't forget your SPF after!

I'm waiting for Montenegro to come back in stock on lipland. Am obsessed

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I'm waiting for Montenegro to come back in stock on lipland. Am obsessed

Amrezy was wearing that colour recently and I loved it! I went searching and the closest one I could find was NYX Transylvania. Have you used lipland before? I love Stoned, Purple Velvet and Venetian!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Looking to buy some new Morphe eyeshadows, anyone have any recommendations?

• Advertisement

Anyone else find this cold weather is making their make up application a bit meh? Could be the fact that my products are colder than usual, but nothing is going on as good as it used to...

Advertisement