Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

It's a lovely palette. I was a little squee over the packaging too, it's like they made it for my taste exactly. The last time I was this excited was over the Naked Palette.

I'm a bit of an UD eyeshadow fangurl. :o I would love the eye pencils too, but I don't think I'll be able to splash out any time soon.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Dublin141 wrote: »
    It's a lovely palette. I was a little squee over the packaging too, it's like they made it for my taste exactly. The last time I was this excited was over the Naked Palette.

I'm a bit of an UD eyeshadow fangurl. :o I would love the eye pencils too, but I don't think I'll be able to splash out any time soon.

The pencils are to die for! I love them so much!!

They also have a glitter set coming out soon but think I'll be passing on that! Between the Feminie Palette, the bride set, the pencils, and now the new palette don't think I can justify buying any more UD for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Hahah, me too! This is my 5th palette :o LOVE Urban Decay, you really can't go wrong with it. I paid €40 for mine cause I got it in Debenhams and had a fiver on my beauty card. Single shadows are €18, and considering that you get 15 full size shadows for €45 I just couldn't resist, it's a bargain sure! Saving €225! :pac::pac:

I wish the box was a flip open, just for ease of use but there's no denying it's beautiful to look at! I can just tell I'm going to spend my time wiping my finger prints off it though :o

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

This is my 5th palette :o

No need to be :o - think it's my tenth!

Off the top of my head I know I have:

• Sustainable
    • Preen
    • Ammo
    • Deluxe
    • Dark
    • Naked
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • NYC (BoS3)
    • Feminine

I also have the Urban Bride set, the 15th Anniversary Pencil Set, Hi-Fi 24/7 set, 24/7 Super Stash set, some single eyeshadows, some extra eyeliners, one of the brushes and the makeup setting spray! :rolleyes:

You win! :D

I have ammo, BoS-2, Naked, Sustainable and now this! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

That settles it; I'm visiting Debenhams in my lunch break tomorrow!

I bought Soap and Glory's Sexy Motherpuker lipglosses, both the original and the XL Extreme Plump version. I don't like the smell too much; I think they were going for a chocolate cake scent but it's too fake for me! The tinglyness is...interesting, but not unpleasant.

I'm not much of a gloss person usually, but these are subtle enough for me to wear daily. To be perfectly honest though, I don't find a huge difference between the XL and the original. I'd probably give them both a 6/10; gloss enthusiasts might give a better informed review though!

I have the orange chocolate one of them, not a mad fan of it though. Like you said, too sickly sweet fake smelling and OH MH GOD the pain of them! Couldn't get over how much they hurt :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

No need to be :o - think it's my tenth!

Off the top of my head I know I have:

• Sustainable
    • Preen
    • Ammo
    • Deluxe
    • Dark
    • Naked
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • NYC (BoS3)
    • Feminine

I also have the Urban Bride set, the 15th Anniversary Pencil Set, Hi-Fi 24/7 set, 24/7 Super Stash set, some single eyeshadows, some extra eyeliners, one of the brushes and the makeup setting spray! :rolleyes:
    I dont feel so bad now, im getting it thursday, this would be my third :)

I want to be girl_friday when I grow up. ;)

The pencils keep calling to me. I really regretted missing out on the mini pencil set, so...maybe. I hope they bring out more original palettes, I hate doubling up on colours because I never hit pan on anything.

I have one of those Soap & Glory lipgloss - I liked how it looked on, but the smell and the tingling put me off wearing it very often. It's weird. I got a Soap & Glory set last year, but I hated the smell of everything in it. It all smelled the same, kind of like cheap soap or something. I'd much rather a Lush set.

I loooove soap and glory, their glad hair day pink one smels gorge, the scrub of your life, and my fav ever face mask is the no clogs allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Soap and glory is easy to overdose on, but I find Lush rather offputting because of the wall of sickly sweet fragrance that assaults you as soon as you enter the shop! Quickly followed by an assault of over-friendliness from one of their hyper-enthusiastic staff members :o They're nice people, but they could do with toning down the "giddy puppy looking for a new best friend" attitude.

I can be an intolerant shopper :o For all my moaning though, Lush's UltraBland cleanser is fantastic and a staple in my bathroom press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

For anyone interested Elf are giving 20% off every order over £10.

Use the code: ELFAHOLICS (ends Monday at 13:30 UK time)

:D

jokettle wrote: »
    Quickly followed by an assault of over-friendliness from one of their hyper-enthusiastic staff members :o They're nice people, but they could do with toning down the "giddy puppy looking for a new best friend" attitude.

That's why I sometimes order online and sometimes get other people to go in for me. LOL.

I like the citrus scents, but I steer clear of anything with a strong jasmine scent because it makes me want to puke. I love a lot of their products, including Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, the toners, scrubs, shower jellies, Big shampoo, Grass & Snow Fairy shower gels and most of their bubble bath bars. I have pretty sensitive skin, and I find a lot of their stuff doesn't irritate me. That might have been part of what put me off Soap & Glory, it didn't agree with my sketchy skin type. :)

The one thing I hate about Lush is how often they discontinue products I like and replace them with ones I have no use for. There's the retro stuff, but you never know when the thing you're looking for will be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Soap and glory is easy to overdose on, but I find Lush rather offputting because of the wall of sickly sweet fragrance that assaults you as soon as you enter the shop! Quickly followed by an assault of over-friendliness from one of their hyper-enthusiastic staff members :o They're nice people, but they could do with toning down the "giddy puppy looking for a new best friend" attitude.

I can be an intolerant shopper :o For all my moaning though, Lush's UltraBland cleanser is fantastic and a staple in my bathroom press.

The poor lush workers are made be like that.....

Ultra bland is amazing though!!!

I've tried the soap and glory lip plumper. Complete waste of money as it turns to a scum on my lips in a few seconds.... Ugh.

I used to use the pout plump lip glosses a lot back in the day and haven't found anything as good since the brand went under. :(

i thought that was just me, im the kind of shopper i have an idea of what i want already :) even with head phones in they still try it, but i think its more to do with the comisson rate

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I bought Soap and Glory's Sexy Motherpuker lipglosses, both the original and the XL Extreme Plump version. I don't like the smell too much; I think they were going for a chocolate cake scent but it's too fake for me!

That smell made me feel sooo sick :mad: I dunno how they thought that was a good idea, ruined the lipgloss for me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Haha, I know what you mean, I can't stand the smell of Lush.. always hold my breath when I walk past! I get a headache if I stay inside too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I picked up some of this today and used it tonight after I took off my make up, it was the first time I used it and have to say it was just brilliant. My skin was so soft after using it, even the St. Ives hasn't made my skin that smooth in weeks.

Also I have bad acne (face is covered in spots at the mo!) and this seems to have helped with the soreness of the spots.

Bioré Pore Unclogging Scrub

http://d1535dk28ea235.cloudfront.net/preset_65/biore_18.jpg
    I've used this scrub morning and night since I got it and my goodness, my acne has improved a lot.

My spots are almost gone now. :eek:

Even my Clinique stuff wasn't working my spots, which is unusual.

I got the Bioré scrub in Boots for around €7, think it's normally around €14 though not sure on that.

Absolutely fantastic scrub, well worth the money!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Damn this thread! I also bought The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer today. It's gorgeous! Can't wait to start using it. Will be great on the brow bone. I particularly like the shade, most highlighters seem to be too gold or too pink. I have just come to the end of Benefit High Beam, and while I really liked it, I wanted to try something new.

And I finally got the UD Naked Palette! Most happy with this purchase, looking forward to using it properly. Brush is really good. Haven't been wearing much make up in NY as it's just too hot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone got a recommendation for a good gradual self tan?

I want something I can throw on every 2/3 days or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up this today in Boots for €23 (incl student discount!).

Nicky Clarke Hair Therapy Straightener

nicky-clarke-hair-therapy-nss042-hair-straightener.jpg

Haven't tried it yet, but reading reviews it seems to be a good product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I was on holiday and picked up my very first mac product!! Exciting.
    It's a blush called dame. Love the colour. I've never had blush so nice (apart from maybelline dream mousse which is now my everyday one so I can keep mac for night time).

Also while away got Dior Extreme fit foundation in number 30. Love it. Gives a really flawless look. Only need to use a tiny bit and it gives decent coverage. Used to be a Revlon girl but now definitely think it's worth spending that bit extra. Got the loose powder to go with it too. Again a tiny bit goes a long way so hoping to get a bit of mileage out of them :)

Also got warming mineral mask from the body shop. It's good - not blown away but did the job. Bit expensive though so might look into another one when it's gone.

i just went on an urban decay blitz, the new palete, de slick, lip love gloss, afterglow, and curling mascara :) and got mac foundation, they charge you for the pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

Hey guys, where can you get the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer from.....can you order it online?? I'm very intrigued now with all the positive comments :)

A Wear does The Balm as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Hey guys, where can you get the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer from.....can you order it online?? I'm very intrigued now with all the positive comments :)

You can get it on CD wow for 17.99 free delivery. I absolutely love it. It's going to last ages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Boughta metallic gold nail polish from Catrice in Penneys today that I can't find a normal sized photo of online- it's from the Papagena collection.
    Wearing it as an accent colour on my ring fingers teamed with a bright block orange colour, also from Catrice.

Also picked up the new No 17 mascara with free gel liner- liner is diabolical. Went on dark grey rather than black, the brush left a track in the line and it smudged onto my browbones within half an hour; I had put on eyeprimer and a powder. Rubbish. Mascara is mediocre- doesn't deserve to be called a false lash effect one though.

falsify-150x150.jpg

My usual go-to tanning moisturiser, Garnier Summer Body- bought two 200ml bottles as it's currently 50% off in Dunnes. Love this stuff- very natural and smells lovely. I use this four times a week to maintin my heavy duty false tan, which is St Moriz Dark.

garnier-200ml-summer-body-moisture-spray-normal-to-light-165.jpg

Picked up Nars Sex Appeal blusher today. It's a gorgeous peachy shade, very fresh. The guy at the counter put it on for me, and said for more colour to use a more pink blush just on the apples of the cheeks. Big fan!

NARS-sex-appeal-blush.jpg

Got Nars Orgasm lip gloss as well. Best lip gloss I've ever used.

lip-gloss.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg

Brilliant concealer. Covers my dark undereye circles quite well, it's only €6 in Superdrug.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Picked up Nars Sex Appeal blusher today. It's a gorgeous peachy shade, very fresh. The guy at the counter put it on for me, and said for more colour to use a more pink blush just on the apples of the cheeks. Big fan!

Got Nars Orgasm lip gloss as well. Best lip gloss I've ever used.

you can get nars in ireland now? :eek:

Advertisement