Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

just ordered a set of buff and blend brushes for myself and my best friend, hope they're good!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Umekichi wrote: »
    Got a few things over the fast few weeks and I am really liking them. ....

Apologies if you have already answered this, but where are you ordering from? I stocked up on some skincare in Hong Kong recently - especially masks - but the thought of import duties is putting me off an online order.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Apologies if you have already answered this, but where are you ordering from? I stocked up on some skincare in Hong Kong recently - especially masks - but the thought of import duties is putting me off an online order.

It depends on what I am ordering to be honest. Anything Mizon I order from RoseRoseShop's website(shipping works out at $2.50 for a tracking number). Don't buy anything other than Mizon on her site as her shipping is crazy to Europe. Everything else comes from eBay(make sure it is set to Worldwide). Japanese stuff comes from Rakuten global(which can be dear depending on the seller, most sellers use EMS but some offer cheaper shipping formats). Master of life is a seller that uses cheaper shipping. The Kohakuhada lotion I bought from cosmebox on rakuten.

There are also websites like Jolse, which are good but tbh they are very overpriced. The pro of this expense is that you get lots of samples but I don't care for the samples and would rather save my €€€'s.

I also buy from individual ebay sellers rather than buying a lot from one(unless they are seriously cheap) and a lot of ebay sellers either mark stuff as a gift or undervalue it. I'm also lucky enough that I haven't gotten caught by customs in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Never realized how reliable I was on my makeup brushes.
    I use to always be able to do a quick job in a taxi or on a train with my fingers but I haven't had to in ages. And now I'm away and I've no brushes with me and I feel like a child fingerpainting.

got the buff and blend brushes today in the post! i will use them tomorrow and report!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I picked up the Aldi lacura caviar day cream during the weekly shop last week and I'll try it over the next few days. I've been using the day cream (in a glass container with red lid) and the lacura facial oil for a while now and like both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Does anyone know if the MAC liquid lipsticks are on sale in Ireland yet? I've to go in tomorrow cause I've stuff for Back to Mac, and I was thinking I might get one of them.

I bought a mini Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid in Pearl and some Colourpop Lippie Stix on reddit, can't wait until they arrive!

Edit: Apparently they are on sale here, but are €28! Eh, no thanks. That price is ridiculous - they're only $20 in the US!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Does anyone know what sites sell isadora range. I like the look of their new contour pallet very hard to find stockists.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Got this in the post last week;

http://eu.iherb.com/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-Gift-Set-5-Brushes-Clutch/64837

Great price!!

The brushes are all lovely quality as you'd expect, although the clutch is a bit meh.

Well worth €18! :)

It's €39.99 in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Does anyone know if the MAC liquid lipsticks are on sale in Ireland yet? I've to go in tomorrow cause I've stuff for Back to Mac, and I was thinking I might get one of them.

I bought a mini Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid in Pearl and some Colourpop Lippie Stix on reddit, can't wait until they arrive!

Edit: Apparently they are on sale here, but are €28! Eh, no thanks. That price is ridiculous - they're only $20 in the US!

Back2Mac only allows you a lippy from their standard range of lipsticks I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

anna080 wrote:
    Back2Mac only allows you a lippy from their standard range of lipsticks I'm afraid

Ah yeah I know. I'm planning on getting Plumful. I just thought I'd get one of the liquid lipsticks when I was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Anyone tried Kevyn aucoin sensual foundation?
    It's next on my list, seems amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I've only used the sensual skin enhancer in the little pot and it's great!

ok so i used my buff and blend brushes last night..
    they were amazing!!
    Defo recommend them!! and they're not majorly expensive.. 80 euro for the set at full price!
    i think theres 8 brushes that i got!!

ok so i used my buff and blend brushes last night..
    they were amazing!!
    Defo recommend them!! and they're not majorly expensive.. 80 euro for the set at full price!
    i think theres 8 brushes that i got!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Placed a Sephora order a few weeks back and picked up:
    CoverFX Custom Cover Drops
    7YX809.jpg
    Really unique product - basically drops of pigment you can use mixed (with SPF, primer, moisturiser, serum etc.) or added to another foundation to either change the tone of the foundation or increase the coverage. You can go from sheer coverage with 1 drop to complete full coverage with 4 drops. I had heard really mixed reviews so was intrigued. I love this. I have been mixing it with my primer and it has been incredible. The texture when mixed with the primer and put on my skin is lovely, it feels completely weightless even when I've gone for full coverage. It is by far the most natural full coverage finish I have ever seen and I have been reaching for it more than my Nars Sheer Glow which I didn't think would ever happen!

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask
    P4p3NM.jpg
    I do really like this, it is very thick and sticky so I only use this at night and it does a great job at treating dry, chapped lips. However, the packaging is a pain and I still find Lanolips better so will be sticking to that in future.

Lastly, Tarte Blush in Exposed
    lCUP38.jpg
    Lovely blush, very pigmented and finely milled. A very natural blush for my very pale skin and lasts all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tasden wrote: »
    I've only used the sensual skin enhancer in the little pot and it's great!
    Do you mind me asking, but would you have any idea what shade in the KA SSE would be around a NW20 in MAC?
    Placed a Sephora order a few weeks back and picked up:
    CoverFX Custom Cover Drops
    7YX809.jpg
    Really unique product - basically drops of pigment you can use mixed (with SPF, primer, moisturiser, serum etc.) or added to another foundation to either change the tone of the foundation or increase the coverage. You can go from sheer coverage with 1 drop to complete full coverage with 4 drops. I had heard really mixed reviews so was intrigued. I love this. I have been mixing it with my primer and it has been incredible. The texture when mixed with the primer and put on my skin is lovely, it feels completely weightless even when I've gone for full coverage. It is by far the most natural full coverage finish I have ever seen and I have been reaching for it more than my Nars Sheer Glow which I didn't think would ever happen!
    These sound amazing.

Do you have any idea what shade in these would be similar/the same as NW20 in MAC?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

StripedBoxers I wouldn't be able to tell you I'm afraid. I found pickng a colour quite tricky and just went by swatches online which thankfully worked out! Only thing I can tell you is the N/Neutral is quite pink toned itself.
    I did see this in the q&a section on the Sephora website though:
    Really depends what you plan to do with this. I am a NW20. I found the N20 neutral to be very yellow and too light, the N25 to be much darker and way too peachy just looking at the drop with a tad of moisturizer. If you mix with sunscreen or a white base of anything, you will either need a lot of drops (which are drying and leave a very flat finish to your face) or a MUCH darker color so when mixed with a white base the color comes out right, and does not make you look like a ghost. I have yet to find the right color, and think it really depends on 1). Exactly what you plan to mix it with and buy at least 2 shades, as you will be color matching throughout the year. Make sure it "plays well" with the product you plan on mixing it with, as it will change the texture, feel and finish of whatever product you mix it with even with one tiny drop

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Any recommendations for a good moisturiser for dry skin? Finding my skin is getting very dry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Do you mind me asking, but would you have any idea what shade in the KA SSE would be around a NW20 in MAC?

I don't mind you asking but I don't have a clue sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a good moisturiser for dry skin? Finding my skin is getting very dry.
    I swear by this one, I get it in TK Maxx for less than €10.

http://www.organicsurge.com/products/super-intensive-daily-moisturiser#.Vq6BjSqLSM8

Its amazing. Its super thick but it absorbs in quickly, doesn't leave a greasy/sticky reside on the skin, my skin feels soft and moisturised when I use this.

I also mix this in with it sometimes and they are amazing together. I love to mix them together at night and the next day my skin is soft and plump. I get it in TK Maxx for less than €5.

http://www.balanceactiveformula.com/portfolio/ultra-hydratingday-night/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cloud 10 had a discount last week so I ended up buying more make up I didn't need!

Bought The Balm Meet Matte Hughes liquid lipstick in the shade Charming. I already have Sentimental which I am wearing at the mo so I can't swatch Charming on my lips just yet. Was worried it might be too dark on me but just swatched on the back of my hand there's a pinky undertone to it rather than brown so I think I'm ok.
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/thebalm/thebalm-meet-matt-e-hughes-liquid-lipstick.html

Also ordered Sosu nail polish in Dream Big. I've been on the look out for a Rose Gold nail polish and this looks lovely swatched online but haven't been able to find it in my local stockists. I'm taking a chance with this one, I have one shade already of SoSu already and I find it chips easily.
    http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/sosu-by-suzanne-jackson/sosu-by-suzanne-jackson-nail-polish.html

Got a sample of Cocoa Brown Chocolate Whip which I've never tried before. Looks and smells exactly like the gradual moisturiser so I'm not really sure what it's purpose is - btw I haven't actually tried it out as I'm in work... working ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I made a cultbeauty order at the weekend. Cannot wait for it to arrive.
    Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in 'Fair'. You're supposed to wear it underneath foundation and because it's cream rather than powder based it should look natural enough. Looking forward to trying it out.

Anastasia-Beverly-Hills-Contour-Cream-Kit-Fair.jpg

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in 'Moonstone'

Becca%2BMoonstone%2BShimmering%2BSkin%2BPerfector-%2BPressed%2Ba.jpg

The Embryolisse 'Lait-Creme Concentre' moisturiser. Apparently Gywneth Paltrow, Scarlett Johanson and Karlie Kloss are fans, but that wouldn't bother me all that much.

33049900_embryolisse_laitcremeconcentre_75ml_sizedproduct_800x960.jpg

And I was able to choose 2 samples so I got the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque and the Beauty Blender Cleaner stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Ysl were due to bring out a higher coverage foundation, I am wondering is it released in Ireland yet? I can't get any info from the usual websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

molly09 wrote: »
    Ysl were due to bring out a higher coverage foundation, I am wondering is it released in Ireland yet? I can't get any info from the usual websites.

It was in debenhams anyway and I noticed a point offer on the boots app for it. It's the touche eclat foundation improved apparently. I use the current one and love it except for staying power. I was told by one ysl salesperson in the summer it would last longer and another recently said it's fuller coverage. There's a brush to go with it. From pics it reminds me of the bare minerals liquid brush

I was too tired to try it in debenhams last week

I might pop to boots today and get myself some treats, I'm sick but I work for myself so can't afford to take sick days!!

I think a few face masks and some presents will cheer me up :P

I might pop to boots today and get myself some treats, I'm sick but I work for myself so can't afford to take sick days!!

I think a few face masks and some presents will cheer me up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi, I got a sample of the new ysl foundation apparently it has a height spf and higher coverage. I will let you know how I get on with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Switched to felt pen liner recently as the cold weather wrecked my gel liner.

Was using the blank canvas border lines pen, wasn't great, looked navy over shadow rather than true black and was up on my lids by the evening. But picked up the essence water proof version and it's fantastic. Really black and stays put all day. I know there's a Rimmel one and the soap and glory catflick one is meant to be good but this was only 3.50 and it's perfect for strong precise wing.

Advertisement