Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Has anyone here used the Catrice liquid camouflage?

I was looking at it in Penneys today but they only had two shades available and they were so pale. Light beige was extremely pale, I'm NW20 in MAC and it was much paler than that. The shade porcelain was almost white it was so light.

Do the colours come out as light on the skin as they look in the tube? I don't want my under eye area highlighted, just concealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

If it's any consolation you've made me want it! Catrice stuff is usually too dark for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Has anyone here used the Catrice liquid camouflage?

I was looking at it in Penneys today but they only had two shades available and they were so pale. Light beige was extremely pale, I'm NW20 in MAC and it was much paler than that. The shade porcelain was almost white it was so light.

Do the colours come out as light on the skin as they look in the tube? I don't want my under eye area highlighted, just concealed.

I use NC20/NC30 in MAC, depending on the time of year but these two around wintery months, I warm up to NC40 in Summer, but I use that concealer in 010 Porcelain. I like my concealers light though so I can warm them up according to my skin that day using bronzer or my powder. Although its so cold at the moment I barely have to warm it up at all!!

Great undereye concealer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

If it's any consolation you've made me want it! Catrice stuff is usually too dark for me....
    I'm the same, bronzers are orange on my face.

I thought the concealers would be okay, but there are only two shades, its ****e.

I have their Camouflage Cream (its supposed to be like the MAC concealer in the pot, not sure what its called), and its great. I had to get the middle shade of the Catrice one (020 Light Beige) and its the same as NW20, maybe a touch darker, but I only use it under my eyes and it works amazingly at hiding dark circles.

This is it http://www.catrice.eu/products/face/concealer-and-coverstick/detail/product/camouflage-cream-020.html

I was super disappointed as I've heard fantastic things about the liquid camouflage. Looking on the Catrice website there's three shades listed 005 Light Natural and the two others I mentioned, given how pale the other two are, I'd be interested in seeing how pale 005 is.

http://www.catrice.eu/products/face/concealer-and-coverstick/detail/product/liquid-camouflage-005.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm NW10 in Mac! It's tough being pale :P

To be honest if I were you I would take the chance on the light beige Catrice. It might be one of this products that looks pale in the tube but oxidises on the skin?

Yeah those little pots are supposed to be a dupe for the MAC Studio Fix Concealer!

I reckon I'll be heading straight for the Catrice stand on Saturday now... I always tell myself it's grand because it's so reasonably priced but the problem is that I never just buy one thing when I get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just a quick question regarding skin care, and what order products should be used. What order are products meant to be used in?
    I have spot prone, acne scarred dehydrated skin and I've been using:
    Lush ultrabland hot cloth cleanser
    Garnier miceller water
    Lush tea tree toner
    Nip and fab glycolic fix exfoliating pads
    Lush skin drink moisturiser
    Nip and fab glycolic fix over night purifying gel

I feel like I should be using the exfoliating pads before the toner? And where would I put in a serum if I was to start using one? Sorry for the random q, just don't feel such a trivial question warrants its own thread, thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Just a quick question regarding skin care, and what order products should be used. What order are products meant to be used in?
    I have spot prone, acne scarred dehydrated skin and I've been using:
    Lush ultrabland hot cloth cleanser
    Garnier miceller water
    Lush tea tree toner
    Nip and fab glycolic fix exfoliating pads
    Lush skin drink moisturiser
    Nip and fab glycolic fix over night purifying gel

I feel like I should be using the exfoliating pads before the toner? And where would I put in a serum if I was to start using one? Sorry for the random q, just don't feel such a trivial question warrants its own thread, thanks in advance!

Yes, I think that would work better for you! :o

And the serum would go on before your moisturiser.

From reading this thread, if you have dry skin you should use gentle cleansers & a really good moisturiser to prevent stripping the skin of its natural oils (what your using sounds like it is gentle!).

But I'm no expert and there are plenty of very talented ladies & gents on this thread so I'm sure you will get some comprehensive advice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I personally wouldn't use tea tree toner on dehydrated skin

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I personally wouldn't use tea tree toner on dehydrated skin

Yes, isn't tea tree more for oil skin?

I think it's quite drying.

Thanks for the replies! I was using the tea tree toner for the skin healing properties but do find it quite drying. I'll look into getting a hydrating toner and downgrade the tea tree one for maybe weekly use. Very helpful replies, thank you! X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Thanks for the replies! I was using the tea tree toner for the skin healing properties but do find it quite drying. I'll look into getting a hydrating toner and downgrade the tea tree one for maybe weekly use. Very helpful replies, thank you! X

I use that same toner and have dry skin too. I tend to focus on problem areas with it and find its great for when I have a breakout. I find it really keeps the spots at bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I haven't used them myself but I'm pretty sure the stuff on the nip and fab pads is a type of toner. At least most other glycolic acid exfoliators come in the form of a toner. Open to correction tho as I have not used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I have skin on the drier side and I've been using this for the past few weeks. I love it. It hydrates the skin and smells fresh. It's the only toner I've been happy with. Might be worth a try since it's not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Been very good since Christmas so treated myself yesterday to Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp palette! Its been on my 'wants' list for a couple of months especially since I got The Dolce Vita palette for Christmas! The shadows are just so beautiful and blendable!
    http://www.brownthomas.com/eyes/luxury-palette-the-vintage-vamp-colour-coded-eye-shadows/invt/145x5459xeqad52dx6r10&bklist=icat,4,brand,charlottetilbury,charlottetilburyeyes,

I also picked up one of her rock and kohl eye pencils in bedroom black
    http://www.brownthomas.com/eyes/rock-n-kohl-bedroom-black-iconic-liquid-eye-pencil/invt/145x5459xerok12dx1r10&bklist=icat,4,brand,charlottetilbury,charlottetilburyeyes,
    I got the barberella brown one last month and have to say as someone that still cant even do a winged liner (damned blinky eyes lol) these pencils are so easy to use. They really do glide across the lash line and are so pigmented!

Lastly I bought a new bottle of mac fix + after My last bottle which was half full accidentally ended up in the bin :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

WhiteRoses wrote:

Try witch hazel instead. It's a lot less astringent and cheap as chips from any pharmacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I use rose water as a toner. Pharmacy brand. I have sensitive skin prone to acne breakouts. Rose water is very mildly astringent. I find it great and soothing.
    Very cheap too like €7 for a decent bottle.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Liz Earle tonic is gorgeous on the skin too. I use it mostly in the evenings after cleansing. I love the smell too it's very comforting. It contains loads of skin nourishing properties

Thanks so much for the replies, I've learnt a lot! Just one more question... How long should I be leaving each product sit on my face before adding the next one? Right now I'm waiting until each layer dries in but not sure if that's too long/not long enough. I've heard it's counter productive to slap a load on in one go but in case it hasn't been obvious so far, I'm a skincare newb so any advice is appreciated! X

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Thanks so much for the replies, I've learnt a lot! Just one more question... How long should I be leaving each product sit on my face before adding the next one? Right now I'm waiting until each layer dries in but not sure if that's too long/not long enough. I've heard it's counter productive to slap a load on in one go but in case it hasn't been obvious so far, I'm a skincare newb so any advice is appreciated! X

There's not really one answer to this because I find it different for different things. Definitely wait until it's mostly dried in but I find applying while one layer is still a bit tacky gives the best results

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Personally with my Monsia Skincare there is no waiting. If the product is right for you then the moisturiser should be absorbed as you apply it. I don't use primers - they just clog my skin. I just use a very light Boots #7 match made foundation with SPF15 a few dots around face & neck and smoothed with a sponge. No powder just blusher and mascara. The finished look has a very slight glow/shine, that I like. My husband thinks it looks healthy and natural, not made up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

LinF wrote: »
    Personally with my Monsia Skincare there is no waiting. If the product is right for you then the moisturiser should be absorbed as you apply it.

I thought if moisturiser sinks in immediately your skin is too dry for the products you're using. Is that incorrect?

I would think if moisturiser sinks in immediately your skin is too dry for the products you're using. Is that incorrect?

No, your skin should be able to absorb the product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

No, your skin should be able to absorb the product

Thanks Lexi. Mine does sink on but it takes a min or two which I thought was correct.
    Every day's a learning day!

Thanks Lexi. Mine does sink on but it takes a min or two which I thought was correct.
    Every day's a learning day!

A minute or two is fine, but you shouldn't be left with a residue on your skin 30 minutes later. If your skin is not absorbing the product then you need to take a look at what you're using.

Does anyone else find double wear leaves them looking like plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It makes me look a tad corpse-like some days... there are days when only Double Wear will do, and then there are the dead days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Love love love my double wear. Just opened a new bottle today. I love that a little will do some days and then when I look like crap I can plaster it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's like stage make-up on me. In fact, I wouldn't even wear it onstage back in the day, as it felt so mask-like.

My sister, on the other hand, wears it as her daytime foundation.

DH, you're spot on, it is stage like. I admire it on other people and absolutely hated it on myself.
    http://i66.tinypic.com/mjqr2s.jpg

I don't know if it's the wrong colour for me, or what, but it's left me wondering how people like it at all. It even feels uncomfortable

• Advertisement

DH, you're spot on, it is stage like. I admire it on other people and absolutely hated it on myself.
    http://i66.tinypic.com/mjqr2s.jpg

I don't know if it's the wrong colour for me, or what, but it's left me wondering how people like it at all. It even feels uncomfortable

Advertisement