Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I finally got the Gerard Cosmetic hydra matte liquid lipsticks that I ordered last month - I'm in love! I ordered them in Serenity and Invasion. I wore serenity all day yesterday from about 10am until 8pm and only had to top it up once after eating! They're not drying on the lips at all but have a lovely matte finish to them - I will definitely be getting some more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I have Air Patrol from Benefit. It is good and I think it increases the wear of my eye make up but it is expensive. I have the Essence one which I bought but have not used it yet.

I would only use it when I have no foundation on. Would just use a sweep of foundation over my eyes if I am going the the full face make up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

NYX has one that's supposed to be good, I have never used it though so I cannot say for sure how good it is.

http://www.boots.ie/en/NYX-Proof-It-Waterproof-Eyebrow-Primer_1783058/

I've just started using this and so far, so good. I have extremely oily skin but this gives me about 8 hours with no major creasing. It's not drying, but because it takes a minute to dry down, I apply it when I'm doing my face primer so it's ready by the time I get to my eyes.

There are probably more intensive ones out there but for €7.75 I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just ordered the pixi glow pads, really excited to try them as I've had great results from the nip + fab ones, and they only have 5% glycolic acid versus the 20% the pixi ones have.

Was actually booked into get microdermabrasion tomorrow but I just chickened out and cancelled my appointment. I have inactive acne but lots of scarring and I was hoping it would clear up the redness and scars, but after reading a few horror stories online about the treatment making acne active again and adverse reactions, I'm not risking it. I have a wedding next weekend and I don't want to risk having a scabby spotty face! Hoping the pixi pads give me improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

My sister jetted off to New York today with a list as long as her arm with Anastasia and ELF products to bring me home. Very excited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Just ordered the pixi glow pads, really excited to try them as I've had great results from the nip + fab ones, and they only have 5% glycolic acid versus the 20% the pixi ones have.

Was actually booked into get microdermabrasion tomorrow but I just chickened out and cancelled my appointment. I have inactive acne but lots of scarring and I was hoping it would clear up the redness and scars, but after reading a few horror stories online about the treatment making acne active again and adverse reactions, I'm not risking it. I have a wedding next weekend and I don't want to risk having a scabby spotty face! Hoping the pixi pads give me improvements.

If I were you I'd wait till after the wedding to try out the stronger glycolic acid pads. Glycolic acid can cause flair ups in acne prone skin so making such a big jump in percentage strength in one go could be risky. At the very least patch test it a few days before applying it to your whole face just to make sure there is no reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks for all the primer tips! Went in search of the Essence one but it was out of stock everywhere I tried. Picked up the Catrice one and the girl next to me said 'Oh do you find that good?! I hated it. I swear by the Inglot one in the tube'... so off I popped to Inglot because I had a voucher I'd forgotten about :) €20 but it seems lovely, very soft and brightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've been trying the Oskia mircoexfoliant and had about two weeks of beautiful clear skin but now I've spots on my chin that I haven't had in over a year. The big sore unsqueezable cystic ones. Don't know if it's down to using this; I hope not. I think I may have overused it, I'd use it twice weekly. Is this too much for a product like this? I really want to continue using it but may cut it down to once a month now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I bought three Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks and one by a brand called Aromi. They're all beautiful, but I'm on a definite no buy from now on!!

I got Anna Nicole, Prom Night, and Im Royalty by JS, and Brick Red by Aromi. So pretty ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

anna080 wrote: »
    I've been trying the Oskia mircoexfoliant and had about two weeks of beautiful clear skin but now I've spots on my chin that I haven't had in over a year. The big sore unsqueezable cystic ones. Don't know if it's down to using this; I hope not. I think I may have overused it, I'd use it twice weekly. Is this too much for a product like this? I really want to continue using it but may cut it down to once a month now

I actually use this too and love it - I have the worst sensitive blemish-prone type skin and find that this exfoliant really suits it. I would use it twice, sometimes 3 times a week. Strange that you had two weeks of no problems - usually with me if I have a reaction it comes up straight away. Have you changed anything else with your skin care/make up?

• Advertisement

I actually use this too and love it - I have the worst sensitive blemish-prone type skin and find that this exfoliant really suits it. I would use it twice, sometimes 3 times a week. Strange that you had two weeks of no problems - usually with me if I have a reaction it comes up straight away. Have you changed anything else with your skin care/make up?

Ya I know it is strange, I'm hoping it's not a reaction because I love this product. Haven't changed anything else that I can think of.. I'm putting it down to a hormonal flare up even tho I haven't had one in ages. Might use it again tomorrow night and see how my skin fares over the weekend with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Got all my make up form the USA this morning.

Loved everything but by jaysis the liquid lipsticks by Hourglass in the small size are freaking tiny.

I mean I know I ordered the small one and all, but this is smaller than my baby finger. :eek:

I won't be paying $10 for another one, that is a fact!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I picked up 3 new lip liners from Mac, Vino, Dervish and Stone last week, as well as the Viva Glam 3 lipstick which is a dark browny red.

Been checking online daily and have checked 5 (five!) stores in a week for one of the matte liquid lipsticks, it just can't be got. The girl in the store I was in tonight said I can sign up online to be notified when it's in stock but I can't see the option!

I also got myself a little pay day treat and got a Tom Ford lipstick in Casablanca. Its a dusky mauvey pinky colour. It's just beautiful. So much so I'm terrified to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Miss it, can you do swatches?

Sure can but it'll be this evening after work if that's okay!

Very excited!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I bought NYX Doll eyes mascara last week on a whim, total waste of money. I do not like it at all, first couple of applications were ok, a week in & it's dry & clumpy. I usually use Lancome Hypnose but wanted something a bit cheaper for those days where you just want to look a bit human while running to the shops! any of you know a cheaper alternative to hypnose?

Okay, swatches as requested!
    Please excuse my terrible photography.

This is the Tom Ford Casablanca, no flash: http://imgur.com/FJr9V0O
    And with flash: http://imgur.com/tgurYny

Its not really doing it justice! But its fab.

Mac Viva Glam III: http://imgur.com/gyDO0Jz
    Its a bit darker in real life!

The three liners, L-R is Vino, Stone and Dervish: http://imgur.com/ks5AFP0
    Vino is a bit more red when on, its fab with a nice deep red (I wore it with Feels So Grand from the Matte liquid collection). Dervish has a bit of a metallic shimmer to it which is gorgeous.

This is what I wore today: http://imgur.com/OdgDNxa
    Stone liner all over the lip with Viva Glam II over the top.

I was looking at the Mac Instagram and admiring the Zac Posen stuff and thinking oh its only in the states. So as soon as the email pops into my inbox today saying it was available here I had to go and have a look :o ended up getting the fluidline eyeliner pen - I love fluidline but I do love a good pen too. Dying to get it!

If anyone needs me, I'll be out re-mortgaging my house :D

I also checked with their online chat about the matte one I'm after but they said its out of stock for a while but will be re-released. Probably a good thing.

I'm very jealous of your haul!!!! I love the TF and vino!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got a sample of this face mask from Sephora with my package the other day and have used it every night since, and its worked wonders for the dry areas on my face.

http://www.sephora.com/pure-deepsea-hydrating-mask-P391625

Its a gel mask, I put it on every night (weds, thurs, fri) and my skin is plump and much less dry since.

My skin is oily-combination but lately I've had dry areas, and this worked wonders on them. I'd say if you had dry skin this would be amazing.

It's much better than than the GlamGlow one in the blue tub I think, much much better.

I also got a sample of the Clinique even better foundation, used it on Weds, wasn't a fan of it and it has broken me out. I have several big, red, angry looking spots on my face, the sore ones that are like red lumps/bumps and don't get the white heads. They're going down thankfully but they are bloody sore!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Got paid on Thursday so I went on a bit of a spree in Sephora :o

Bought the Anastasia contour kit (can't wait to have a play around with it) and urban decay perversion mascara and lash primer. I have a mini one from the Naked on the Run palette and I really like it.
    Also bought Essie Mint Candy apple.

They had just got in a shipment of Kat von D stuff but it wasn't on display yet thankfully, other wise I probably would have put an even biggest dent in my bank balance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Picked up Biodemerma Atoderm Moisturising Créme, NYX HD concealer,Catrice Prime and Fine transparent mattifying powder and NYX Matte lipstick in the shade Eurotrash. A few weeks back I picked up a Wet'n'Wild lipstick in Mocha-licious. Running in for one item just never happens!! :o
    378866.JPG
    378867.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

LizT wrote: »
    Bought the Anastasia contour kit (can't wait to have a play around with it) and urban decay perversion mascara and lash primer. I have a mini one from the Naked on the Run palette and I really like it.
    Also bought Essie Mint Candy apple.

Let me know what you think of it. I have it and I don't rate it much but I think that's because I've no idea how to use cream contours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Taboola wrote: »
    Let me know what you think of it. I have it and I don't rate it much but I think that's because I've no idea how to use cream contours.

I didn't get the cream one, I got the powder one
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11571030
    I liked the feel of it in when I tried it in Sephora but it was a bit of an impulse purchase. Has mixed reviews so I'll see how I get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I bought the Bobbi Brown black gel eyeliner and corresponding brush. I'm pretty pish at doing top lines but this stuff is great. Stays on for the whole day and the brush is so fine that you can't go too wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I bought NYX Doll eyes mascara last week on a whim, total waste of money. I do not like it at all, first couple of applications were ok, a week in & it's dry & clumpy. I usually use Lancome Hypnose but wanted something a bit cheaper for those days where you just want to look a bit human while running to the shops! any of you know a cheaper alternative to hypnose?

L'Oreal False Lash Flutter. It's my desert island cosmetic item.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

LizT wrote: »
    I didn't get the cream one, I got the powder one
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod11571030
    I liked the feel of it in when I tried it in Sephora but it was a bit of an impulse purchase. Has mixed reviews so I'll see how I get on with it.

I just bought that yesterday as well. Excited to use it properly. Also picked up my Marc Jacobs birthday gift. I love Sephora!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Dial Hard wrote: »
    L'Oreal False Lash Flutter. It's my desert island cosmetic item.

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

For anyone who has coloured hair and uses Revlon colourball. There's a great alternative in Superdrug that's half the price and just as effective. Picked mine up in Superdrug Omni. Currently on offer at €6ish, usual price is €9ish. Great for a pop of colour in between salon visits and helps condition too. This is the one I'm using currently...

http://www.superdrug.com/New-Year%2C-New-Colour/Smart-Beauty-Express~Colour-140ml-Mahogany/p/617014

• Advertisement

Fellow blondies out there who suffer from the green tinge to their hair; I've been putting ketchup on my hair the last few washes and it's amazing the difference. I smather it all over my dry hair and leave it for an hour and the wash it out. Green tinge gone and it also leaves my hair in amazing condition. I just hope nobody calls or the house doesn't burn down in the hour that I have it on lol

Advertisement