Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up this Global Beauty Care Premium Facial Cleansing Power Brush (jaysis that's a long name) in TK Maxx. Been wanting a brush like this for ages but could never settle on one. This was €17. Hope its decent.

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Beauty-Care-Premium-Cleansing/dp/B00P2S7HO2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_121_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41XMi7-sZ2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR144%2C160_&refRID=10DABPQMP7ZEEDVHVRCB

81iIQiU-biL._SX522_.jpg

Also picked up the Dr. Bronner liquid soap in citrus orange for cleaning my make up brushes. Going to try it at the weekend.

drbronners-citrusorange-liquid-soap-16oz_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have found the best ever toning shampoo for blondes! Have used the John Frieda one, the Lush one and a few more...but got recommend Fudge recently and it's fantastic. Also doesn't dry my hair out at all like the others do. It actually leaves my hair really soft. And the colour of my hair looks great, loads of people have asked if I had it coloured. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fudge-Clean-Blonde-Violet-Shampoo/dp/B003Z922MC

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have found the best ever toning shampoo for blondes! Have used the John Frieda one, the Lush one and a few more...but got recommend Fudge recently and it's fantastic. Also doesn't dry my hair out at all like the others do. It actually leaves my hair really soft. And the colour of my hair looks great, loads of people have asked if I had it coloured. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fudge-Clean-Blonde-Violet-Shampoo/dp/B003Z922MC

I've heard this dyes hair purple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

The provoke touch of silver shampoo is great for blondes too. Purple shampoo lather leave it on for a few mins and rinse doesn't dye the hair. It counteracts the brassy/orangey tones.

Once a week plenty to be using it though.

Used a bit of the MAC Prolongwear foundation sample I have, mixed it with my No7 essentially natural foundation, my face is in bits now.

I've red blotches all over my face and they are stinging.

It looked awful, was thick, heavy, almost mask like.

Will be washing out the pot and using it for something else. Not going to be trying that foundation again. Awful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I bought Diorshow New Look mascara a couple of days ago http://www.dior.com/beauty/en_int/fragrance-beauty/makeup/eyes/mascaras/volume/pr-mscrvolume-y0697100-lash-multiplyingeffectvolume&care.html

and I have to say its fab, but expensive :( Bought with my Boots points, €34:eek: so don't know how I will buy the next one, but GREAT if you have sparse, short, stubby lashes (like mine:mad:)

I'm very impressed - I like a small brush so I don't get it all over my eyelid, and it is very black,buildable, has not smudged,and definitely prefer it to the Clinique Lash Power I was using previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Used a bit of the MAC Prolongwear foundation sample I have, mixed it with my No7 essentially natural foundation, my face is in bits now.

I've red blotches all over my face and they are stinging.

It looked awful, was thick, heavy, almost mask like.

Will be washing out the pot and using it for something else. Not going to be trying that foundation again. Awful stuff.

Oh no! Pro longwear is my favourite foundation! Hope it goes away soon!

I bought a bottle of the l'oreal true match at the weekend and I'm in two minds. It dries to nearly a powder finish. First day I put on too much so it looked awful. Trying it again today with about a quarter of the amount and so far it's much better - will see how it goes throughout the day.

I also ran out of my UD setting spray so I picked up the L'oreal infallible spray. Trying it today so I hope it's good!

misslt wrote: »
    Oh no! Pro longwear is my favourite foundation! Hope it goes away soon!

I bought a bottle of the l'oreal true match at the weekend and I'm in two minds. It dries to nearly a powder finish. First day I put on too much so it looked awful. Trying it again today with about a quarter of the amount and so far it's much better - will see how it goes throughout the day.

I also ran out of my UD setting spray so I picked up the L'oreal infallible spray. Trying it today so I hope it's good!
    Thank you, the stinging has gone and the redness is almost gone.

Yeah I was gonna get that new true match but decided against it, want to try the setting spray so I'd be interested in how you get on with it. I've been using the Kat Von D one, only used it a few times so far but I really like it.

I'm looking to get two new foundations: one drug store and one high end.

I've oily-combination skin with dry areas, I like a medium to full coverage, would appreciate any recommendations at all.

Anyone here used Covergirl foundations? They're meant to be good. I can buy online and have them shipped so that wouldn't be an issue, colour matching could be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Pro long wear broke my usually well behaved skin out in a full face of roaring red sore pustules. It took about two weeks for it to clear after I stopped using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thank you, the stinging has gone and the redness is almost gone.

Yeah I was gonna get that new true match but decided against it, want to try the setting spray so I'd be interested in how you get on with it. I've been using the Kat Von D one, only used it a few times so far but I really like it.

I'm looking to get two new foundations: one drug store and one high end.

I've oily-combination skin with dry areas, I like a medium to full coverage, would appreciate any recommendations at all.

Anyone here used Covergirl foundations? They're meant to be good. I can buy online and have them shipped so that wouldn't be an issue, colour matching could be difficult.

Covergirl is the same as Max Factor, so you could try the products here and order them from Covergirl (because Covergirl prices are generally a good bit cheaper than Max Factor, although obviously you'd have to factor in shipping).

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Covergirl is the same as Max Factor, so you could try the products here and order them from Covergirl (because Covergirl prices are generally a good bit cheaper than Max Factor, although obviously you'd have to factor in shipping).
    I didn't realise that, I haven't had much luck with Max Factor, so maybe Covergirl wouldn't work.

#firstworldproblems :P

:o

I didn't realise that, I haven't had much luck with Max Factor, so maybe Covergirl wouldn't work.

#firstworldproblems :P

:o

If it helps at all, I have fairly dry skin and I find this Maybelline foundation quite good http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-SuperStay-Better-Skin-Foundation_1416177/ and it's 3 for 2 in Boots right now.
    High end, I use Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow, it's steep enough at €50 but it's gorgeous :)
    Edit to mention, I'd consider both medium to full coverage

If it helps at all, I have fairly dry skin and I find this Maybelline foundation quite good http://www.boots.ie/en/Maybelline-SuperStay-Better-Skin-Foundation_1416177/ and it's 3 for 2 in Boots right now.
    High end, I use Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow, it's steep enough at €50 but it's gorgeous :)
    Edit to mention, I'd consider both medium to full coverage

Thank you for that. I'll check those out. I wouldn't mind paying €50 for it if it was good and did what I wanted, I wouldn't be wearing the higher end one all the time so not like I would be flying through them.

I have the Chanel Les Beiges SPF 15 All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid but the colour is slightly too dark so I need to mix it with a lighter one or else use it in the summer when I've a bit of a natural tan.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152041299_-1?CMP=AFC-ANET-473347

I also have the Chanel Perfection Lumiere which again is a bit dark and a light-medium coverage. I love this but find its not lasting as well as it normally would, fairly sure its because my skin has changed.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152008599_-1?CMP=AFC-ANET-473347

EDIT: Is this the one you use?

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152060999_-1

I've heard good things about it, never tried it myself though. Must look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

misslt wrote: »

Would love to hear how you get on with the L'Oreal spray, I really like the UD setting sprays but I don't have a counter anywhere near me so a cheaper/closer alternative would be very welcome. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Every mac product I've used has broken me out and it's awful cause I look great wearing the stuff :pac:

Thank you for that. I'll check those out. I wouldn't mind paying €50 for it if it was good and did what I wanted, I wouldn't be wearing the higher end one all the time so not like I would be flying through them.

I have the Chanel Les Beiges SPF 15 All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluid but the colour is slightly too dark so I need to mix it with a lighter one or else use it in the summer when I've a bit of a natural tan.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152041299_-1?CMP=AFC-ANET-473347

I also have the Chanel Perfection Lumiere which again is a bit dark and a light-medium coverage. I love this but find its not lasting as well as it normally would, fairly sure its because my skin has changed.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152008599_-1?CMP=AFC-ANET-473347

EDIT: Is this the one you use?

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123152060999_-1

I've heard good things about it, never tried it myself though. Must look into it.

Yes that's the one I use, in N20 (I'm quite pale and it's a perfect match for me). Brown Thomas should have samples of it right now, they had none when I bought it in early January.

Yes that's the one I use, in N20 (I'm quite pale and it's a perfect match for me). Brown Thomas should have samples of it right now, they had none when I bought it in early January.
    Thank you so much. I use number 30 in the two I have so maybe 20 would work for me too.

On the topic of MAC actually, has anyone here got the 129 and does it shed when you wash it?

I just washed my brushes and I washed my 129, never used/washed it before but it shed like a mofo. The one I got is part of the Ellie Goulding collection for MAC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

And I've recently learned bourjous and Estée lauder are made by the same company.

I love the bourjous healthy mix foundation. I would say medium coverage and gives a lovely healthy glow.

La.de.da wrote: »
    And I've recently learned bourjous and Estée lauder are made by the same company.

I love the bourjous healthy mix foundation. I would say medium coverage and gives a lovely healthy glow.

I've heard that too but apparently there are no 'dupe' products in that case.
    Estee Lauder own loads of brands including MAC and Clinique and Bobbi Brown but they're all made separately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Purchased some Colourpop products today, so excited to get them. I'm using a parcel forwarding company to get them here, worth it I think as the products are so cheap!

I ordered:
    Ultra Matte Lip in Limbo, Rooch, Beeper, Clueless and Tulle
    Ultra Satin Lip in Frick n Frack and Cozy
    Eyeshadows Cornelius and Wilshire
    Highlighters and Bronzers in Fanny Pack, Skinny Dip and Cheesecake

Total was 71 dollars with a coupon code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Just made a CultBeauty order. I got my beloved Alpha H Liquid Gold. It was a duo set so two 100ml for a few pound cheaper than the 200ml version.
    alp063_alphah_100mlliquidgoldduo_1_1560x1960-8br0z.jpg

Also got the MV Organic Daily Booster so I'm really hoping that will sort out the dry flaky patch on my forehead that is impossible to make disappear.

550cba0f26649dd1d83228a1a12edfe1.jpg

Then to bring me up to the £100 mark to get a free gift bag, I got the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina.
    0c80810081f6bdc49131a65c7194b1c3.jpg

This is the goody bag which is a great bonus because I had to restock the Liquid Gold and wanted to try the Daily Booster anyway, so really the only unplanned purchase was the Lipstick. :D
    150303_goodybag_landingpage_brief_v1-j4tho.jpg#1517x980-#999ea9

Sorry about the massive pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Roe_22

Can anyone recommend a good powder to prevent my face from becoming shiny? I'm using MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural at the moment, it's lovely but I find it only lasts about 3 or 4 hours and the shine is back. I was thinking of the NARS light reflecting loose powder but have read mixed reviews!

Roe_22 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good powder to prevent my face from becoming shiny? I'm using MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural at the moment, it's lovely but I find it only lasts about 3 or 4 hours and the shine is back. I was thinking of the NARS light reflecting loose powder but have read mixed reviews!
    I am using this one and I love it.

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Perfect-Light-Loose-Powder_1273448/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Thanks for all the recent posts on here about double wear - both positive and negative! I went and got a sample a couple of wks ago and really liked it, unfortunately the shade was a little too dark for everyday but would be perfect for when im wearing a light tan or in the summer. I went back to the really helpful assistant and explained how I felt and she honestly couldnt have been nicer and more helpful (deb**hams tallaght). Being honest I never go for my exact shade coz im very pale and just like a bit of extra colour and I also like a proper full coverage. I ended up buying the original shade she recommended which was 2c3 fresco and then I bought 1n2 ecru which is a better ''match" for me - Ive mixed a bit of both the last two days and am loving the colour, I picked up the double wear concealer aswell as they had a free gift offer on so got a few little samples in a lovely makeup pouch plus a full size illuminating primer which on its own is 33 euro! Thanks again for those that posted the comments as I had being wanting to try the foundation and it was good to see both sides!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm very pale and even Ecru is too dark for me (well dark is a bit of an exaggeration). I wear it when I've some tan on.

I started using MAC ProLongWear in NC13 and I really hate it. No matter how much I blend it or how little of it I apply its really cakey looking, especially on cheeks. It's very odd. I've never had an issue with any other foundation looking so cakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Anybody tried the new Mac Liquid Lipsticks? Interested in trying them, but not the biggest fan of matte lip colour.

Any tips on how to wear matte lipstick without the subsequent dry lips?

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I'm very pale and even Ecru is too dark for me (well dark is a bit of an exaggeration). I wear it when I've some tan on.

I started using MAC ProLongWear in NC13 and I really hate it. No matter how much I blend it or how little of it I apply its really cakey looking, especially on cheeks. It's very odd. I've never had an issue with any other foundation looking so cakey.

In fairness it was my choice to go for the ecru as even the girl said it looked fine - my proper match should be the palest shade they do but we both agreed I would just look pasty. My previous favourite is the no7 airbrush away foundation, maybe give it a go as it definitely doesnt look cakey when applied well. Its quite sheer but not see through if you know what I mean and its a very runny liquid formula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

fifi28 wrote: »
    In fairness it was my choice to go for the ecru as even the girl said it looked fine - my proper match should be the palest shade they do but we both agreed I would just look pasty. My previous favourite is the no7 airbrush away foundation, maybe give it a go as it definitely doesnt look cakey when applied well. Its quite sheer but not see through if you know what I mean and its a very runny liquid formula

I thought Ecru was the palest oops :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Just made a CultBeauty order. I got my beloved Alpha H Liquid Gold. It was a duo set so two 100ml for a few pound cheaper than the 200ml version.

Is this worth the hype? I need something to sort out my blocked pores but I'm on a budget!

I bought this recently and to be honest I don't find it any good for mattifying, is there a particular way to use it apart from just dusting it on? My skin is super oily, like you could fry chips on my face some days.

• Advertisement

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I thought Ecru was the palest oops :p

Mmm so did I lol but think she said cool bone is the palest!

Advertisement