Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

booboo88 wrote: »
    you can get nars in ireland now? :eek:

I got them in US, but there's a Nars counter in Brown Thomas, Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Twee. wrote: »
    I got them in US, but there's a Nars counter in Brown Thomas, Dublin!

feck ye dublin feckers :( i mean that in the nicest way possible :) but i wont be in dub for awhile :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

feck ye dublin feckers :( i mean that in the nicest way possible :) but i wont be in dub for awhile :(

Giving you time to save so you can buy lots of pretty Nars things! :pac: I was impressed with their foundation as well. He put on just a little but so he could try out the blushes, but it's lasted all day (along with the blush) without any primer or powder (and it was 30 degrees today!), and the colour was perfect. Typically I've just started a new tube of Mac foundation :rolleyes:

Twee. wrote: »
    Giving you time to save so you can buy lots of pretty Nars things! :pac: I was impressed with their foundation as well. He put on just a little but so he could try out the blushes, but it's lasted all day (along with the blush) without any primer or powder (and it was 30 degrees today!), and the colour was perfect. Typically I've just started a new tube of Mac foundation :rolleyes:
    the voice of reason if I've ever heard one :)
    now I just need to stop going to boots or bt in cork and I may have some chance of saving:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got both of these on eBay for around €17 including shipping. The strips in Boots are around €12.:eek:

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

biore.jpg

Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser

warming_cleanser_jpg_4d0e7625b5.jpg

Hope are as good as the pore unclogging scrub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I used to use that Bioré pore unblocking stuff, it's fantastic isn't it? And so gentle on your skin too.

Today I picked up lots of lip things :)

maybelline-superstay-lip-colour--rose-quartz-510-.jpg

Maybeline 24 hour super stay lip colour in 510 - bright red. It's my go to 'red lip' colour. This stuff is amazing, it doesn't budge.

Maybelline-Pleasure-Me-Red.jpg

Maybeline colour sensational in 547 pleasure me red - A slightly darker colour to the first one, looks great when applied over. It has a more velvet/satin appearance than the super stay colour which is fairly matte by itself, and too glossy when it has the lip conditioner on it.

VB630.jpg

Maybeline colour sensational in 630 Velvet beige.
    It was 3 for 2 in boots on Maybeline products so I picked this up too and I needed a Nude colour, it's a bit too browny for my liking but I did just slick it on from the stick, maybe with a brush it will apply a little more sheer. Nice creamy texture and no shimmer or glitter, yay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

taking back my words about the 17 mascara fasle lash one , having used it now for about 3 weeks , loved it the first week done as it described, but last 2 weeks have gone been clumpy and spider like lashs :( . glad i didn't buy another one of them , will be sticking to my high impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

My boyfriend gave me a Body Shop voucher, something he got through a Meteor deal. Handed it in today and got a travel set and a voucher for a mini facial, hand and nail treatment!

The travel set is a Moringa body scrub, shower gel and body butter, and a bath lily (I never knew what they were called until I checked the label!) in a little green wash bag. And for those of you who are wondering, I've no idea what Moringa is either, but it smells nice and fresh :)

Also, I was checking out all the perfumes out of nosiness and accidently flicked some White Musk on my top. It does not smell good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

tanya2007 wrote: »
    taking back my words about the 17 mascara fasle lash one , having used it now for about 3 weeks , loved it the first week done as it described, but last 2 weeks have gone been clumpy and spider like lashs :( . glad i didn't buy another one of them , will be sticking to my high impact.

totally agree-I bought it after reviews here,loved it at the start and now its really spider lash like!!the gel liner isn't good either,does not last at all....want to try the maybelline gel liner and the essence one,hear they're good!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Mine was like that from the first time I bought it- have only used ot twice! Thought I just got a dodgy one, after reading your first review! Had to take off the clumps off the wand with a tissue before I could even try use it!

Although use the gel liner and ind it good, but I use the catrice brush instead of the one it came with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

caroline72 wrote: »
    totally agree-I bought it after reviews here,loved it at the start and now its really spider lash like!!the gel liner isn't good either,does not last at all....want to try the maybelline gel liner and the essence one,hear they're good!

I totally recommend the Maybelline one, goes on sooooooooo smooth! <3

jokettle wrote: »
    My boyfriend gave me a Body Shop voucher, something he got through a Meteor deal. Handed it in today and got a travel set and a voucher for a mini facial, hand and nail treatment!

The travel set is a Moringa body scrub, shower gel and body butter, and a bath lily (I never knew what they were called until I checked the label!) in a little green wash bag. And for those of you who are wondering, I've no idea what Moringa is either, but it smells nice and fresh :)

Also, I was checking out all the perfumes out of nosiness and accidently flicked some White Musk on my top. It does not smell good :(

oh brill cuz i have that same voucher that i got eith my phone. body shop here i come :)

edit : white musk actually does smell rank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

oh brill cuz i have that same voucher that i got eith my phone. body shop here i come :)

My voucher expired at the end of August, and the facial voucher they gave me expires on the same date; just something to watch out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I agree I tried it out and find that it has dried out so fast in the tube, it feels like I've had it for the past 6 months! The gel eyeliner that came free isn't too bad but fade away quicker than my other pots. Essence mascara and gel eyeliner win hands down and are cheaper :rolleyes:

jokettle wrote: »
    My voucher expired at the end of August, and the facial voucher they gave me expires on the same date; just something to watch out for!
    oh thanks for that, i just checked, but ill be going in saturday :)
    Asphyxia wrote: »
    I agree I tried it out and find that it has dried out so fast in the tube, it feels like I've had it for the past 6 months! The gel eyeliner that came free isn't too bad but fade away quicker than my other pots. Essence mascara and gel eyeliner win hands down and are cheaper :rolleyes:

17 in general i think are a bit of a let down, their nail polish is crap. still nearly cleary with 2 coats :(

17 in general i think are a bit of a let down, their nail polish is crap. still nearly cleary with 2 coats :(

I always thought it was fairly good tbh! Well, better now than it was 18months ago! Base+2 coats+top coat and mine looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I definitely think 17 has gotten better I do like their blushes and nailpolish but haven't really ventured into them further so I'll have to try out a few more of their products before I decide whether I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

you can get nars in ireland now? :eek:

if u don't get to dublin often u can order on asos.com as well! don't think they have the absolute full range but they've got orgasm etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

After all the ravings online I splashed out and ordered Skin79+ BB cream. It's on they way from HongKong, and it's a genuine product. Haven't received it yet but as a Mac nc25 I'm looking forward to see if it suits!

Anyone have experience with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Garnier+BB+Cream.jpg

Medium shade

So I have been obsessing about BB Cream for a while now, I mean it sound like a miracle product right? This is the first one I have gotten however (ironically called Miracle Skin Perfector :pac:) mainly due to convenience/being able to get a feel of the product first hand.

As for the product itself, have a look to see if it..

1) Unifies skin tone, 2) Gives healthy glow, 3) Leaves skin complexion luminous and radiant, 4) Hides Redness. (All statistics on the back of the box from 63 subjects, 5 & 6 are about 'feeling' how moisturised and smooth the product is which is kinda impossible to see).

BEFORE: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6195/6048262998_afcdda2e57_b.jpg

AFTER: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6063/6047713089_f5be23ff5e_b.jpg

OK so my thoughts are: I have oily skin, this is not at all suitable for oily skin. I will not buy it again and would not recommend anyone with oily skin to buy it either. I washed my face, cleansed/toned and then applied it. Within half an hour I had a badly oily T-Zone and I even skipped moisturiser due to its already moisturising properties. It has a thick consistency too it and a little does go a long way but even for 50ml the bottle feels very small. The feeling for me (maybe due to oily skin) was not smooth like 96% of the 63 people polled suggested.

I am not going to throw it away/stop using it considering it was 14 quid and the coverage is actually alright, it does reduce the appearance of pores but no so much my redness but for days when I want something lighter I will throw it on and use powder/bring blotting sheets with me. I will just wait in hope that matte BB Cream's make their way over/actually get off my arse and buy some online.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I always thought it was fairly good tbh! Well, better now than it was 18months ago! Base+2 coats+top coat and mine looks great!

right cuz ive had had the nail polish awhile but never used it so maybe just a bad one

SarahBeep! wrote: »

right cuz ive had had the nail polish awhile but never used it so maybe just a bad one

I have an old one in a dark purple and i never ever wear it! I use it for arts and crafts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

d68e2b7ac89e4a3c_bobbi-brown-beige-shimmer-brick-compact.jpg

^^^

My beloved bobbi brown brick smashed on me beyond repair a few weeks ago and I have been in mourning since so on some boardsies reccomendations yesterday I purchased this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQSfF7DP_JcDWO4YIgpvPlVsKf88OPvzeb3Mj84SVnB7HDyVJkcQ

Hoping I will get some good use out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

Let me know how you find the naked palette banshee_bones I'm DYING to get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Over the last week or so I've been using 'Clean and Clear Morning Energy skin energising daily facial wash' and I have found it brilliant. I hadn't used an exfoliator wash in years but this was half price in Dunnes soI said I'd give it a go. I don't use it every morning, I use it every second morning and it really makes my skin feel so fresh and smooth-kind of feels like I've had a mini facial!

I spotted 'Astral cream' in Superquinn a couple of weeks ago. It was like a blast from the past, I hadn't seen it in years. I remember my mam used to swear by it and always used to put it on our faces in the winter to protect our skin from the cold winds. So I had to buy it and try it, didn't really think it would be much good but its great! Best moisturiser I've used ever! Guess my mam was right about something!

Know this isn't really a cosmetic so to speak but needed to vent about it somewhere!! Everyone has been ranting and raving to me about how good 'Aquafresh Ultimate' toothpaste is but yuck I hate it!! It does not leave my teeth feeling clean and it leaves the most disgusting taste in my mouth. I tried it for 3-4days just to see if it would improve but everytime I ended up going back and brushing my teeth with a different toothpaste-yuck!!

i agree with the clean and clear, i have them all :o cuz Ive loved the green one for years but they discontinued it, so I stocked up, i got the moisturizer aswell which is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Resi12 wrote: »
    So I have been obsessing about BB Cream for a while now, I mean it sound like a miracle product right? This is the first one I have gotten however (ironically called Miracle Skin Perfector :pac:) mainly due to convenience/being able to get a feel of the product first hand.

I've heard a bit about these BB creams on some youtube channels.
    Just wondering what the difference would be between that and a tinted moisturiser say? I saw this one you reviewed in boots and was tempted but I have combination skin so don't know if it would help the oily t-zone situation!

For those of you who have used the urban decay naked palette, is it easy to use on a day to day basis for natural looking makeup? Some of the smokey colours look great and there's some lovely shimmery ones, just wondering how they apply with all the shimmer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

kandr10 wrote: »
    For those of you who have used the urban decay naked palette, is it easy to use on a day to day basis for natural looking makeup? Some of the smokey colours look great and there's some lovely shimmery ones, just wondering how they apply with all the shimmer. :)
    I have never used the Urban Decay Naked Palette, but for shimmery eye shadows I find lightly/gently dabbing some cotton wool over the shadows helps to take away the shimmer/tone down the shimmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've heard a bit about these BB creams on some youtube channels.
    Just wondering what the difference would be between that and a tinted moisturiser say? I saw this one you reviewed in boots and was tempted but I have combination skin so don't know if it would help the oily t-zone situation!

I recently was given a gift of the Urban Decay Naked palette and I totally love it. Very easy to do a natural daytime look. Naked, Buck and of course Virgin are a gorgeous combination which is not shimmery (just a bit of shimmer from Virgin) also dark horse is really nice to deepen up the look a bit. I love the shimmery colours also, in particular Half Baked and Gunmetal. This really is a bargain buy palette.... eye shadow brush is really good quality also. I haven't used any other eyeshadow since I got this palette. A++++++

Advertisement