Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

La.de.da wrote: »
    I wonder does anyone know if there are any sites where you can buy sample bottles of foundation.

I'm mad to try mac and inglot but haven't great luck with foundation in the past.
    Cloud 10 Beauty offer samples on their website. I got some Face Atelier foundation samples from them, I think they were about 1 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Has anyone tried the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay range yet?

I love kaolin clay face masks but I'm curious as to what benefits it could have for hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

La de la if you want me to pick u up a sample in Mac just tell me the product and shade you want and I can post it

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the L'Oreal Extraordinary Clay range yet?

I love kaolin clay face masks but I'm curious as to what benefits it could have for hair.

I have, but I'm undecided about it. While my hair is fine I do have a lot of it, and it's quite delicate. I found my hair wasn't as soft as it is after my regular shampoo (Elvive Full Restore Extreme - not the Full Restore 5 which feels completely different) and the conditioner didn't soften it as much as my regular (Full Restore Extreme), and I felt a slight residue.

It felt light and clean, and the residue was very slight. I think it's a little harsher than I'm used to but it would probably suit someone with thicker and stronger hair. I'm going to use it a few more times, but I'm not sure I'll be finishing the bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

La.de.da wrote: »
    No. I live in the sticks. Rarely in Dublin or cork.

Not sure where you live La.de.da, but if you're anywhere close to Limerick, there's an Inglot store in the Crescent SC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

La de la if you want me to pick u up a sample in Mac just tell me the product and shade you want and I can post it

Ah your very good to offer Lexie. :)Don't wanna be putting anyone out.

I might just take a trip to Dublin next weekend and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Candie wrote: »
    I have, but I'm undecided about it. While my hair is fine I do have a lot of it, and it's quite delicate. I found my hair wasn't as soft as it is after my regular shampoo (Elvive Full Restore Extreme - not the Full Restore 5 which feels completely different) and the conditioner didn't soften it as much as my regular (Full Restore Extreme), and I felt a slight residue.

It felt light and clean, and the residue was very slight. I think it's a little harsher than I'm used to but it would probably suit someone with thicker and stronger hair. I'm going to use it a few more times, but I'm not sure I'll be finishing the bottles.

You should try the one I am currently using, the Karmin recovery hair mask, it has argan oil in it and my hair loves it. I use it once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Has anyone used the Stila 3 in 1 serum? I usually use the smashbox photo finish primer and colour corrector cream , wondering if the stila one is worth the hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just wanted to say how highly I rate the Pixi Glo glycolic acid pads. They're 20% glycolic acid which is a very high strength, but with only two weeks of use I've noticed already a vast improvement in my skin.
    My acne scars are far less noticible, my pores smaller, less redness and a more even skin tone, and my skin in general is much brighter with fewer blemishes. I highly recommend them to anyone with problem skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

@White Roses - def going to look into them! They sound great.

Anyone any experience using the Waxperts wonder pads?

• Advertisement

Love waxperts pads!!! I get pretty bad ingrown hairs on my bikini line and it does what it says it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Have been using Origins Drink Up Intensive overnight mask now for the last two weeks and I really find it great. My skin was feeling very dry after winter and needed some intensive moisturising,this definitely has done the trick. Your skin feels dewy and refreshed next morning with no greasy residue. Smells great too :)

http://www.origins.co.uk/product/3857/11647/Skincare/Category/Masks/Drink-Up-Intensive/Overnight-mask-to-quench-skins-thirst/index.tmpl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Can anyone recommend a non-grainy (so I guess enzymatic?) facial exfoliator that's suitable for dryish, sensitivish skin? And if anyone knows of a similar product for use on the body that would be great too. I'm trying to get out of the habit of using physical exfoliators because I just can't resist the temptation to scrub hard, and it can't be good for my poor skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

dee_mc wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a non-grainy (so I guess enzymatic?) facial exfoliator that's suitable for dryish, sensitivish skin? And if anyone knows of a similar product for use on the body that would be great too. I'm trying to get out of the habit of using physical exfoliators because I just can't resist the temptation to scrub hard, and it can't be good for my poor skin!
    Dermalogica daily microfoliant is great. Expensive but good. The other one are Nip&Fab glycolic pads. Boots often do them on offer.

Dermalogica daily microfoliant is great. Expensive but good. The other one are Nip&Fab glycolic pads. Boots often do them on offer.

Lovely thanks, I see the Nip&Fab ones are on offer now so i will try those, thank you!
    Is the Dermalogica one grainy/rough in texture? I watched a little video and it looks like it might be, but maybe the grains are too small to irritate?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Ziaja sensitive skin enzyme peeling- this is great product and so cheap only a fiver I think. Has gotten very good reviews if you google it.

Dee Mc, dermalogica daily microfoliant isn't grainy at all. It's got colloidal oatmeal in it and licorice in it. You foam it up in your hands before applying it to your skin. It's beyond gentle and the licorice really helps brighten your skin.

You could try the guinot green tea aha or the decleor phytopeel either.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Lovely thanks, I see the Nip&Fab ones are on offer now so i will try those, thank you!
    Is the Dermalogica one grainy/rough in texture? I watched a little video and it looks like it might be, but maybe the grains are too small to irritate?
    As Lexie said it's not grainy at all. You think it's doing nothing it's that gentle but it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Dee Mc, dermalogica daily microfoliant isn't grainy at all. It's got colloidal oatmeal in it and licorice in it. You foam it up in your hands before applying it to your skin. It's beyond gentle and the licorice really helps brighten your skin.

You could try the guinot green tea aha or the decleor phytopeel either.

It irritated my skin like crazy, I had red, tight burning skin after it but I am crazy sensitive. Ponds cold cream gives me a rash!!

I'm hoping to get a sample of the Dermalogica one, because I've loved a couple of their products but have a vague recollection of having a reaction to one about 10 years ago so will tread softly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Picked up the Flormar illuminating primer base and Maybelline anti age eraser eye today. I've heard great things about both so looking forward to trying them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

lazygal wrote: »
    Picked up the Flormar illuminating primer base and Maybelline anti age eraser eye today. I've heard great things about both so looking forward to trying them tonight.

Please report back on the primer I'm looking to try it out myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Hope you have better luck with the flormar primer than I did..... I had an awful reaction to it leaving me with two large blister type things on my face and the marks stil havnt gone away completely :-(. It also smells horrible. Not bashing the product just giving my two cents worth.
    As I said hopefully it will work better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

fifi28 wrote: »
    Hope you have better luck with the flormar primer than I did..... I had an awful reaction to it leaving me with two large blister type things on my face and the marks stil havnt gone away completely :-(. It also smells horrible. Not bashing the product just giving my two cents worth.
    As I said hopefully it will work better for you
    Oh no! Well I'm just about to start my makeup for tonight so hopefully it'll be ok. I'll report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Oh no! Well I'm just about to start my makeup for tonight so hopefully it'll be ok. I'll report back!

Definitely do, hopefully it will work for you. I dont have super sensitive skin or anything so was surprised at the reaction. Was disappointed as had seen loads of positive reviews of it :-(

P.S. If anyone wants a free bottle of it Im based in Rathfarnham D16, its just going to waste sitting in the drawer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Catrice ultimate nail lacquer in 105 Go for Gold is literally the most amazing rose gold nail varnish! So delighted to have finally found a nice rose gold colour polish! So cheap as well! Have it on gel nails at the moment and I'm delighted with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Morning everyone!
    Iv used rimmel foundation for years but recently iv found it a bit patchy after a few hours. I don't know if this is because iv started to brush it on instead of using my fingers ,or is it from the setting powder,or is my skin changing I'm not sure. So today I was going to go to a few beauty counters and ask them to recommend a shade for me. I want to ask for a sample so I can try it at home myself too in natural light. Do I ask to buy a sample or do they give them out? And also should I ask for a darker foundation for nights out? Also,can someone tell me if I'd need full coverage or something else. Don't really know what full coverage means,sorry.
    Thanks for any help x
    Oh and is there any particular place I should go,gonna head to inglot and Mac and see what stands they have in debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I went 'sample hunting' last weekend. I went up to counter, looked at the foundations and tested them on my hands, which usually opened the conversation with counter assistant. I then explained what I was looking for (liquid, cream, powder) and my issues (wearing off by midday, lack of coverage, shade), and asked for their recommendations. Where some didn't offer a sample, I just asked if I could get a sample to try. Only one declined (Make Up Forever) which was my first stop but once I explained I was sick of wasting money on bad foundations, did offer to apply it to my skin there. I ended up with Inglot, Boots, Clarins, Estée Lauder and Smashbox samples. My only suggestion is take some small pots if you have them - stops the "Oh we don't have any containers at the moment" dismissals. I only needed to supply my own once.
    To my surprise, a Boots foundation actually came out best and I got a compliment on Friday from the neighbour - usually I'd dismiss Boots makeup altogether.itll keep me happy until the BB cushions start coming out.

on_my_oe wrote: »
    I went 'sample hunting' last weekend. I went up to counter, looked at the foundations and tested them on my hands, which usually opened the conversation with counter assistant. I then explained what I was looking for (liquid, cream, powder) and my issues (wearing off by midday, lack of coverage, shade), and asked for their recommendations. Where some didn't offer a sample, I just asked if I could get a sample to try. Only one declined (Make Up Forever) which was my first stop but once I explained I was sick of wasting money on bad foundations, did offer to apply it to my skin there. I ended up with Inglot, Boots, Clarins, Estée Lauder and Smashbox samples. My only suggestion is take some small pots if you have them - stops the "Oh we don't have any containers at the moment" dismissals. I only needed to supply my own once.
    To my surprise, a Boots foundation actually came out best and I got a compliment on Friday from the neighbour - usually I'd dismiss Boots makeup altogether.itll keep me happy until the BB cushions start coming out.

Oh thanks so much! That's a great help.iv the whole day to myself so I'm going to wreak a few Mua's heads ! Now what's bb cushions!?I don't know what bb cream is for!

• Advertisement

I just googled bb cream! Should I just go for that with a colour of foundation in it,would it give me an all day coverage?

Advertisement