Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Gal44 wrote: »
    Cant find any good under eye concealer that isn't too drying on the skin.. any recommendations? :/

Sinead from the beautiful truth has a few posts and videos on her blog about under eye concealers that I found very good!

http://thebeautifultruth.ie/the-hunt-for-a-holy-grail-concealer/

http://thebeautifultruth.ie/how-to-cover-dark-circles/

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

my love for No7 Instant Radiance Cool Ivory has been brief - put it on at 7.15am this morning - by 4pm I have the dreaded orange halo. Any ideas, it's embarrassing and I feel like a 12 year let loose in penneys with how orange I look

No laughing ladies but I have fallen in love with brushes. I used my fingers for years then the beauty blender. Found some brushes in my make up box from Lord knows when, no name on the handle but it feels easier - almost like painting with numbers and I feel like I'm using less product.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

on_my_oe wrote: »
    my love for No7 Instant Radiance Cool Ivory has been brief - put it on at 7.15am this morning - by 4pm I have the dreaded orange halo. Any ideas, it's embarrassing and I feel like a 12 year let loose in penneys with how orange I look

No laughing ladies but I have fallen in love with brushes. I used my fingers for years then the beauty blender. Found some brushes in my make up box from Lord knows when, no name on the handle but it feels easier - almost like painting with numbers and I feel like I'm using less product.

Oh I couldnt imagine putting on my makeup now without my brushes - I dont think I actually could! Enjoy :), as for the lack of branding I wouldnt care once they do the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

LinF wrote: »
    Are the ones advertised on amazon.co.uk the same? Here is the link if you ladies want to check them out:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/278-1568181-5612717?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=LA+GIRL+Pro+Conceal
    That's them alright, I would be very wary of buying from Amazon to be honest. I know someone who bought it from Amazon but it wasn't the genuine thing so I would be cautious. I myself have been stung on fake make up from Amazon so I personally wouldn't chance buying it from there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen anywhere doing the mood changing nail polish/gel?

I picked up a couple of bottles for my niece as stocking fillers at Christmas in debenhams, not sure if they stock them all year round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

amor3 wrote: »
    I picked up a couple of bottles for my niece as stocking fillers at Christmas in debenhams, not sure if they stock them all year round.

Excellent. I'll try there. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

http://www.boots.ie/en/Real-Techniques-Foundation-Brush-1402_1252042/

Decided on this Real Techniques foundation brush and picked it up in Boots at lunch. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone pick up one of those brush holders from Penneys recently?
    http://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/pink-make-up-brush-holder,D35397119133657
    I got one and was packing at lunchtime for a night away and it won't work, my brushes are too tall!!

Just popped into Boots on a bit of a stock up. I picked up a couple of Bourjois Aqua Blushes and Velvet Lippies, and some Revlon Lip Butters. I had looked online this morning but thought I'd go to Blanchardstown.

Went to the self service counter, and got a shock. The Bourjois items were 12.49/buy 2 get 1 free. The Revlon lip butters were €10.49/ buy 2 get 1 free. So it came up as €45.96, but I remembered it being much cheaper in my online shopping cart so double checked - Bourjois were 10.49/ buy 2 get 1 free and Revlon lip butters were €6/buy 2 get 1 free, so 32.98. Ok so it's a shopping centre, but I'm not sure that a 39% mark up is quite justified... These are just small items but if that's the mark up in general, I hate to think what I've paid in store for my moisturisers etc

Edit: I didn't buy as I was feeling a bit cheated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The brush I posted was definitely the same price but I'll price check from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Just popped into Boots on a bit of a stock up. I picked up a couple of Bourjois Aqua Blushes and Velvet Lippies, and some Revlon Lip Butters. I had looked online this morning but thought I'd go to Blanchardstown.

Went to the self service counter, and got a shock. The Bourjois items were 12.49/buy 2 get 1 free. The Revlon lip butters were €10.49/ buy 2 get 1 free. So it came up as €45.96, but I remembered it being much cheaper in my online shopping cart so double checked - Bourjois were 10.49/ buy 2 get 1 free and Revlon lip butters were €6/buy 2 get 1 free, so 32.98. Ok so it's a shopping centre, but I'm not sure that a 39% mark up is quite justified... These are just small items but if that's the mark up in general, I hate to think what I've paid in store for my moisturisers etc

Edit: I didn't buy as I was feeling a bit cheated

The lip butters aren't usually they cheap online, it's more a bargain online than a rip off in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Picked up a few bits in Boot the other day, including these Revlon Matte Gel lip colours and face mask with active charcoal. I ended up paying at the Dior counter and the girl said "Oh that mask is AMAZING", but she did warn me not to use it for the first time before an event as apparently it will bring up any latent spots.

Anyway, used it last night so will let you know how I get on. Skin feels gorgeous today and definitely looks brighter.

943838_10154673083742678_1005526173661216180_n.jpg?oh=0d7ea37c8b6e235456a904f264bd6c0e&oe=5795F864

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Picked up a few bits in Boot the other day, including these Revlon Matte Gel lip colours and face mask with active charcoal. I ended up paying at the Dior counter and the girl said "Oh that mask is AMAZING", but she did warn me not to use it for the first time before an event as apparently it will bring up any latent spots.

Anyway, used it last night so will let you know how I get on. Skin feels gorgeous today and definitely looks brighter.

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/943838_10154673083742678_1005526173661216180_n.jpg?oh=0d7ea37c8b6e235456a904f264bd6c0e&oe=5795F864
    That mask is amazing. I use it regularly, the lady was definitely correct about it bringing up spots, it's amazing on the t-zone too I find for bringing out excess oils so the area is less oily (if that makes any sense). A bargain at €3-€4 euros.

The matching face wash is amazing too, esp for spots, it really helps to clear them up.

The mask works amazing on cold sores too, I know you shouldn't use it on them but at times when I've had events etc and had a cold sore, put the mask on a few times a day and leave it on for a while each time, and the cold sore will be gone down a good bit and won't be as obvious.

The matching face wash is amazing too, esp for spots, it really helps to clear them up.

I already use the tea tree & witch hazel facewash (the one without the charcoal) and love it and am a bit "If it ain't broke" about changing.

I have oily skin (although far less so since I turned 30 or so) but I actually very, very rarely get spots.

Wait'll you see, I've totally jinxed myself now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anyone pick up one of those brush holders from Penneys recently?
    http://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/pink-make-up-brush-holder,D35397119133657
    I got one and was packing at lunchtime for a night away and it won't work, my brushes are too tall!!

I had the same problem! I have two, I use them for separating my brushes from used/not used when doing a clients make up. Quite annoyed that my brushes are too tall for it, too good to be true :(

I have seen various brush holders like those in TK Maxx before so they might be worth a look maybe? I've no idea on prices though, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I have seen various brush holders like those in TK Maxx before so they might be worth a look maybe? I've no idea on prices though, sorry.

I have some from Blank canvas, but i thought the penneys ones would be more convenient for space saving while travelling. I'll check out the TK maxx ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Treated myself to Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick and sleek "birthday suit" matte liquid lipstick!

Dial Hard wrote:

Just a quick update on this; it's been four days since I used it and not a single spot came up, huzzah! Skin still feels lovely and soft. Definite thumbs up from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

A bargain from Marks and Sparks for anyone interested. Its free delivery to store. L'occitane precious cleansing foam at 65 cent for 50ml. They have 150ml pack for €26. The reviews seem to be mostly postive online. Ordered a few myself which were dispatched last night so I said I'd share the bargain!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0B6xtjYx2hXpEQUtF7Q1_iEaC7P4O5yod6qkEo97JiNG-tdEUQw

Buy it at marks & spencer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just to add that M&S now stock pixi, nuxe and glamglow amongst other new additions. Well worth a look http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Beauty/IE_SC_Level_1_10272791,en_IE,sc.html?intid=gnav_Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

MAC Cremesheen Glass in Sweet Tooth. Looooove this, looks very natural on its own, although it does have a very subtle gold shimmer.

mac_sweettooth005.jpg
    (pic from temptalia.com)

MAC Chic Trick Liner. Looks great on its own, a real candy pop pink. Is also beautiful layered under the above glass.

chic-trick-1.jpg

I think it was said NYX is online only? If you are going to the North, there is a large NYX stand in Boots Boucher Rd - very well stocked, only a two items I wanted weren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

lindtee wrote: »
    A bargain from Marks and Sparks for anyone interested. Its free delivery to store. L'occitane precious cleansing foam at 65 cent for 50ml. They have 150ml pack for €26. The reviews seem to be mostly postive online. Ordered a few myself which were dispatched last night so I said I'd share the bargain!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0B6xtjYx2hXpEQUtF7Q1_iEaC7P4O5yod6qkEo97JiNG-tdEUQw

Buy it at marks & spencer.

Obviously a price glitch as I cannot add to basket :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

dragona wrote: »
    Obviously a price glitch as I cannot add to basket :o

Same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Just bought Catrice's All Matt Plus foundation. Looking forward to trying it out. Anyone here ever try it before?

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Just bought Catrice's All Matt Plus foundation. Looking forward to trying it out. Anyone here ever try it before?
    Currently using it this past 2 weeks, I was actually gonna post a review on this thread this week. I have found it surprisingly good. I have been using it with a catrice concealer and setting with Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It really has lasting power. And it's actually matte, I've been using Rimmel foundations this last few years and this is properly matte for me. Only quibble is that there isn't a pump with it, there's a stick or spatula attached to the lid so I'm not sure as the product goes down how much I can get out of the glass container. Also, I was heavy handed with it one of the days and when you have too much on it does feel heavy on the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Totoro88

I got one of the Penneys eyeshadows palettes yesterday. The ones that are a dupe for the 9X Mac ones. I think I actually prefer the Penneys one, I always found the Mac ones hard to work with. Plus there's about a €40 difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Ankhyu wrote: »
    Currently using it this past 2 weeks, I was actually gonna post a review on this thread this week. I have found it surprisingly good. I have been using it with a catrice concealer and setting with Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It really has lasting power. And it's actually matte, I've been using Rimmel foundations this last few years and this is properly matte for me. Only quibble is that there isn't a pump with it, there's a stick or spatula attached to the lid so I'm not sure as the product goes down how much I can get out of the glass container. Also, I was heavy handed with it one of the days and when you have too much on it does feel heavy on the skin.

I wear this foundation all the time and there is definitely a pump. You need to pull the lid and it's underneath

• Advertisement

ameliams wrote: »
    I wear this foundation all the time and there is definitely a pump. You need to pull the lid and it's underneath
    Will check when I go home :D
    *Blonde moment*

Advertisement