Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Someone was able to go to a Sephora for me so I have this
    http://www.sephora.com/shimmering-skin-perfector-pressed-P381176?skuId=1538099&icid2=brand%20content_undefined_brand%3Abecca_p381176_image
    and this
    http://www.sephora.com/perfecting-ultra-smoothing-primer-P284104?skuId=1309665
    to look forward to, plus some Anastacia brow stuff.

If anyone can get the primer it is a favourite of mine-beats the fancier ones for me. I've never tried anything Becca before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

So I finally got mac studio sculpt via done deal for 13euro delivered. To try it out. Full bottle I may add. I love it.
    Perfect colour.
    Used a buffing brush to apply. Feels lovely on my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have the Penneys lipliners in the red shade and the nudey brown shade.
    Just wondering are they meant to twist up the way? I'm down to the butt on both of them but I don't think they are twisting up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I have the Penneys lipliners in the red shade and the nudey brown shade.
    Just wondering are they meant to twist up the way? I'm down to the butt on both of them but I don't think they are twisting up...

Penneys%2BLipliner%2BReview.JPG

If it is these ones you are talking about you just pare them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I tried out my sample of the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation, my god its awful.

It's horrid and cakey. It cracked around my mouth, its absolutely awful. Its probably the worst foundation I have ever used.

Thank God I didn't order the full size as I was going to. Would have been a serious waste of money!!

• Advertisement

Luno wrote: »
    [pic removed]
    If it is these ones you are talking about you just pare them!
    I didn't think you could pare them. Will do that this evening
    *another blonde moment*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ankhyu wrote:
    Just bought Catrice's All Matt Plus foundation. Looking forward to trying it out. Anyone here ever try it before?

Yeah, I posted about it here a few months ago. I find it only ok, tbh. Grand for daytime wear but it doesn't have the best staying power, even set with powder, and I don't find it remotely matte. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it has quite a dewy finish. Grand for the price, but I'd have something a bit more "powerful" for nights and event, if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

ameliams wrote: »
    I wear this foundation all the time and there is definitely a pump. You need to pull the lid and it's underneath
    Will check when I go home :D
    *Blonde moment*

My mum did the exact same thing. She'd been twisting it of haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just tried Gucci bamboo perfume in chemist. (Wait for script to be filled I've a yeuchy uti)

It's a gorgeous perfume. I'm really tempted but I don't know the price yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Lisha wrote: »
    I just tried Gucci bamboo perfume in chemist. (Wait for script to be filled I've a yeuchy uti)

It's a spendy one but it's gorgeous - very unusual!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I smelled it recently too. It's gorgeous. I'm saving my Boots points to get it.

In Boots the EDP is

€39.00 - 15ml (purse size spray)
    €64.00 - 30ml
    €89.00 - 50ml
    €114.00 - 75ml

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

ameliams wrote: »
    I wear this foundation all the time and there is definitely a pump. You need to pull the lid and it's underneath
    Will check when I go home :D
    *Blonde moment*

Yup, definitely a pump bottle!!

I love this foundation. :D

Excellent coverage & staying power.

It is matte & perfect colour for me too.

Actually, I rate all of the Catrice pump foundations very highly, except the 'Even Skin Tone' one.

Don't use the mousse ones!

Hope you enjoy it, now that you 'found' the dispensing pump!!! Lol :p

(could happen to a bishop...bet it has!!) :)

keredern wrote:

Literally the opposite of my experience with it. Just goes to show how different everyone's skin is.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Literally the opposite of my experience with it. Just goes to show how different everyone's skin is.

And that's why the cosmetic companies make billions out of us ladies (& gents)!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Love this perfume. I was thorn between this and dior addict as my wedding perfume. Ended up with the dior (left it behind on my honeymoon:-(.. but got a sample of the Gucci and will definitely be getting a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

keredern wrote: »
    Yup, definitely a pump bottle!!

I love this foundation. :D

It is matte & perfect colour for me too.

Actually, I rate all of the Catrice pump foundations very highly, except the 'Even Skin Tone' one.

Don't use the mousse ones!

(could happen to a bishop...bet it has!!) :)

Totally agree I only ever wear Catrice foundations now. Been wearing the nude illusion more recently but I think for summer I'll go back to the matte one.

I save so much money now having gone from 45 quid bottles of armani to 8.50 bottles of Catrice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Really want to try a Catrice foundation, is the nude illusion ok for dry skin i wonder..:confused:

keredern wrote: »
    Yep found the pump and used it this morning - much easier!

Got an email from Debenhams that they are having a Blue Cross sale. Usually I don't bother but I had a quick nosey at the beauty section. Nabbed two perfumes reduced.

I just started a new bottle of Lacoste Touch of Pink as my everyday perfume so I know I'll fly through it, another bottle now for back up. €15.54 for 50mls
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123319900099_-1

I haven't used CK One in years but I love the smell so I can't wait to use it again. Just have to keep it away from my hubbie. €20.32 for 100mls
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123569900199_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Yeah, I posted about it here a few months ago. I find it only ok, tbh. Grand for daytime wear but it doesn't have the best staying power, even set with powder, and I don't find it remotely matte. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it has quite a dewy finish. Grand for the price, but I'd have something a bit more "powerful" for nights and event, if I were you.

Hoping it might suit me so, I know you're a fan of the L'Oréal Infallible Matt but I only find it okay. It tends to cling to any dry patches I have, and look a bit powdery/cakey if that makes sense? And I'm still as oily as ever by lunchtime even with their primer underneath.

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote:
    I haven't used CK One in years but I love the smell so I can't wait to use it again. Just have to keep it away from my hubbie. €20.32 for 100mls

I got this for Christmas and am absolutely loving it. I hadn't used it in years either, probably 15 or more. The amount of people who comment on it when I wear it is unreal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Am I right in thinking that the soap and glory one heck of a blot powder is quite popular in this thread? I finally spotted it in a boots and I will be needing a new powder soon enough, wondering should I give that one a go?

Was in a pharmacy earlier with a fully-stocked NYX stand and of course, couldn't remember a single recommendation. Was laden down with bags too so couldn't take the phone out to check here.

So, what do people recommend again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Was in a pharmacy earlier with a fully-stocked NYX stand and of course, couldn't remember a single recommendation. Was laden down with bags too so couldn't take the phone out to check here.

I love the matte lip creams and the jumbo eye pencils. Have my eye on a Dream Catcher palette too, some gorgeous colours in the Golden Horizon version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Dial Hard wrote:

I love their lip crayons! I've got the maroon on which is very dark and vampy but I love it. I've got a nice pink colour too.

But I'm almost finished one of them and I don't know if I can push it up any further or pare it. So if anyone knows I'd appreciate your help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Ordered Bourjois City Radiance foundation and Boots charcoal face mask online. Looking forward to using the mask. Some spots haven't broken yet so hoping this will draw them out....and kill off the ones that have appeared!

The parents are in the States. I sent them off with a list of things!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I love the matte lip creams and the butter gloss in Cherry Pie. The lip liners are excellent value for money and there's a great range of colours to choose from.

I love their Sharpie-style eyeliner and find it very black, but someone else on this thread didn't think it was black enough so I guess that one depends on your own preference! It's a lovely product to use though and totally smudgeproof too :)

Anyone used Flormar products?

They seem to be quite new - first spotted them in my local pharmacy a few months back. The packaging is pretty basic looking but I picked up a nail varnish today on a whim and just tried it now, seems pretty nice! It applies well and doesn't smell too awful. Only cost €2.95 so at least it won't be an expensive mistake if it doesn't last well!
    http://www.flormar.com/English/ojegoster.asp?urunid=109&bolumid=4&markaid=1 I got 417, a light/mid-grey opaque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Picked up the Flormar primer. It's grand but nothing fantastic. I've not tried anything else.

Advertisement