Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

I've a voucher for Brown Thomas and was planning on using it for some Charlotte Tilbury, however, many bloggers have been commenting recently they fell for the hype and wouldn't purchase anything else.

Anyone tried anything worth purchasing?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Was in a pharmacy earlier with a fully-stocked NYX stand and of course, couldn't remember a single recommendation. Was laden down with bags too so couldn't take the phone out to check here.

So, what do people recommend again?

The lip butters are lovely, and I love their HD concealer

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

ameliams wrote: »
    I've a voucher for Brown Thomas and was planning on using it for some Charlotte Tilbury, however, many bloggers have been commenting recently they fell for the hype and wouldn't purchase anything else.

Definitely recommend the eye shadow quads and kohl eye pencils! I have two of each and love them, the shadows blend out so easily and the pencils dont tug on the lash line and once they set they dont flake or fade - Just wish they wernt so expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

My sister bought a concealer in Penny's for two euro, from the PS love range. I tried it out yesterday, it's is fantastic, lovely creamy consistency, covered well & lasted all day! I've spent ten times more on concealers that didn't do half as good of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

ameliams wrote: »

Totally agree about the eyeshadows. They blend so much easier than anything else I've tried. I have a full size lipstick and the pack of 3 charm lipsticks and they're all lovely. Only thing is I wish I'd got the red in matte texture. Lip pencil was no different to others I've tried though. I'd still check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Got the new Elvive clay rang yesterday and i have to say i found no difference in my hair. Maybe it'll take a few washes but it so far did nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Was in a pharmacy earlier with a fully-stocked NYX stand and of course, couldn't remember a single recommendation. Was laden down with bags too so couldn't take the phone out to check here.

So, what do people recommend again?

Addicted to the Matt lip creams. I've Copenhagen, Monte Carlo and got Canne the other day. I adore them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Somebody got the L'Occitane cleansing foam for 65 cent anyways:rolleyes::mad:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/health-for-sale/loccitane-precious-cleansing-foam-50ml/11934578

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up these in TK Maxx today for €3.99 each. Love Organic Surge skincare so looking forward to trying these out. :)

Organic Surge Deep Cleansing Face Mask

Ecocert_Deep_Cleansing_Face_Mask.png?v=1425036574

Organic Surge Lavender Meadow Hand & Nail Cream - not usually a fan of lavender scented things so this could be going to the mammy yet.

attachment.jpg?v=1436180428

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My sister has told me she would like a luxury face mask for her bday, any suggestions on the best ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

anna080 wrote: »
    My sister has told me she would like a luxury face mask for her bday, any suggestions on the best ones?

What does she want it for? Spots, hydration, radiance etc.

I love the GlamGlow supermud for spots (its in a white tub). About €50 but so worth it.

For hydration is adore the Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask

http://www.sephora.com/pure-deepsea-hydrating-mask-P391625?skuId=1658087&icid2=search_search_p391625_image

Very expensive, worth it though, beautiful mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I got a sample bottle of Nuxe dry oil yesterday. I'm in love.

Used it on my body, hair and face. My skin is so soft. And smells devine.

Saving up to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I bought pixi glow tonic on cloud 10 beauty today. Can't wait to try it. Hopefully it arrives early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Am I right in thinking that the soap and glory one heck of a blot powder is quite popular in this thread? I finally spotted it in a boots and I will be needing a new powder soon enough, wondering should I give that one a go?

It's amazing!!!

I bought it two weeks ago & LOVE it!!

Keeps me matte all day & absolutely no caking at all!

And I'm quite heavy handed with the powdering!

Their bronzing powder (half & half one) is also fab.

Actually, I adore all of S&G makeup except their foundation which is just awful on my skin.

They have a 'Glow All Over' powder which gives a stunning natural glow - lit from within effect!

3 for 2 in Boots at the moment so well worth getting all three. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Got an email from Debenhams that they are having a Blue Cross sale. Usually I don't bother but I had a quick nosey at the beauty section. Nabbed two perfumes reduced.

I just started a new bottle of Lacoste Touch of Pink as my everyday perfume so I know I'll fly through it, another bottle now for back up. €15.54 for 50mls
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123319900099_-1

I haven't used CK One in years but I love the smell so I can't wait to use it again. Just have to keep it away from my hubbie. €20.32 for 100mls
    http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123569900199_-1

Thanks a mill for this pointer Sunny Dayz, I've loved Touch of Pink for last 10 odd years and have repurchased at least a dozen times, I just bought 2 more bottles and got free delivery because order came to over €30. I didn't see anything else in sale really and I wouldn't have checked if I hadn't of seen your post so huge thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Luno wrote: »
    Somebody got the L'Occitane cleansing foam for 65 cent anyways:rolleyes::mad:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/health-for-sale/loccitane-precious-cleansing-foam-50ml/11934578

Arrrgghhh! No wonder nobody else could get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Am I right in thinking that the soap and glory one heck of a blot powder is quite popular in this thread? I finally spotted it in a boots and I will be needing a new powder soon enough, wondering should I give that one a go?

It's a great one for your bag as the packaging is very sturdy. I have it and find it pretty good!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

This might be a silly question but I just got the nip&if ab pads that were raved about here recently and was wondering are you meant to cleanse your face first and then use them or do you use them instead of your cleanser?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

deise_girl wrote: »
    This might be a silly question but I just got the nip&if ab pads that were raved about here recently and was wondering are you meant to cleanse your face first and then use them or do you use them instead of your cleanser?

I use them after cleansing and before moisturising. Seems to be working for me! But a little bit of instruction on the run would be helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Can anyone recommend a good facial spf? At least spf 30. I found Benefit's dream screen tends to make my makeup streaky and I just bought Estee Lauder's UV defence SPF50 and while it seems good, the smell is making me wretch! It literally reeks of cucumbers or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Can anyone recommend a good facial spf? At least spf 30. I found Benefit's dream screen tends to make my makeup streaky and I just bought Estee Lauder's UV defence SPF50 and while it seems good, the smell is making me wretch! It literally reeks of cucumbers or something.

I love Clinique city block sheer, but it's only spf25..

I use Clinique cityblock spf 25 too and use a serum underneath for extra hydration. This summer for holidays I'm going to try the bare minerals tinted moisturiser spf 30 as it gets great reviews for sensitive skin. Last year I used Dr Jart bb spf 50 for holidays and found it brilliant

I bought loreal lumi magique foundation in boots today. I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

misslt wrote: »
    Clinique have a Super City Block SPF 40. I find it a bit thick & hard to blend. Laura Mercier does a Foundation Primer that is SPF 30 & is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Vichy do a really good one. Comes in 30 and 50 as I recall. There's one for oily skin and one for dry. Dries in easily and sits well under makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I love the Nuxe Fondant Cream for face. Link here. It's SPF 50 and is lovely and creamy and absorbs really well. I've worn it under make up in very hot climates and never had any problems with the make up streaking or sliding. Smells like sunflowers but I don't mind that and it tends to fade shortly after applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

misslt wrote: »

thanks!
    I use Clinique cityblock spf 25 too and use a serum underneath for extra hydration. This summer for holidays I'm going to try the bare minerals tinted moisturiser spf 30 as it gets great reviews for sensitive skin. Last year I used Dr Jart bb spf 50 for holidays and found it brilliant

Thanks but I'm wary of spf in tinted moisturisers/foundations because of the amount you'd actually need to use to get the promised spf protection.
    pemtca wrote: »
    Clinique have a Super City Block SPF 40. I find it a bit thick & hard to blend. Laura Mercier does a Foundation Primer that is SPF 30 & is lovely.

I was looking at the Clinique one. I have very fair, quite oily skin so if you're saying it's a bit thick, do you think it'd be a no no for oily skin? As to primer i don't think i'd ever use enough on my face to get proper spf coverage.
    kandr10 wrote: »
    Vichy do a really good one. Comes in 30 and 50 as I recall. There's one for oily skin and one for dry. Dries in easily and sits well under makeup.

I'll have to look in to those. thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

PennyWren wrote: »
    I use them after cleansing and before moisturising. Seems to be working for me! But a little bit of instruction on the run would be helpful :)

One last question if you don't mind, do you rinse your face after using them? It didn't say to wash off but I felt an awful residue left on my face.
    Hoping I get the hang of them, I've heard so many good things about them!

Beautypedia recommends all the ones I mentioned and they are very strict on what gets 5 stars for spf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

deise_girl wrote: »
    One last question if you don't mind, do you rinse your face after using them? It didn't say to wash off but I felt an awful residue left on my face.
    Hoping I get the hang of them, I've heard so many good things about them!

I don't rinse after. They give me a bit of a tingle and I let that do its magic for 10/15 mins and then moisturise. I don't feel any residue from them at all. My face feels squeaky clean after them. I'd say you could probably wash it off though of you leave it on for a while first? Not very helpful, sorry.

Advertisement