Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Any recommendations for a place to get eyebrows waxed in Dublin city? Didn't get a chance to go to my usual lady down home this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Any recommendations for a place to get eyebrows waxed in Dublin city? Didn't get a chance to go to my usual lady down home this weekend

I had mine threaded in the Brow Boutique, top floor in Jervis, they do waxing too. I was really pleased with them, reasonably priced too.

http://thebrowboutique.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Do you guys use the nip and fab pads before make up or are they a night time thing? Do they improve make up application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I went on a buying binge -

From the Stila website I bought the "in the light" eyeshadow palette and and set if 6 lip glazes, both half price so £12/£12.50 each! Really excited about the eyeshadow pallette, it looks so beautiful, I've had my eyes on it for months.

I was looking on cult beauty and was going to pick up the Oskia cleansing gel and Pixi glow tonic, but then I checked on beauty bay and it was a lot cheaper (even though both sites were full price), so bought them there instead. I've high hopes for these two, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

anna080 wrote: »
    Do you guys use the nip and fab pads before make up or are they a night time thing? Do they improve make up application?

You use them last thing at night and they're great for minimising pores, resurfacing the skin and reducing redness. Expect a bit of redness and a slight tingling sensation for the first few uses but once your skin adapts you won't feel it anymore.

For anyone who is already a fan of the pads, I upgraded to the Pixi Glow ones which are 30% glycolic acid compared to the 5% which the nip & fab ones are. They're amazing. Definitely better to start with the nip and fab ones though to build up your tolerance to the acid.

I can see a massive change in my skin since I started using both products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

anna080 wrote: »

Yeah I wouldn't go using them in the morning, because AHAs make your skin photosensitive and unless you're using a good sunscreen separately, you could end up with hyperpigmentation. I find acids a little drying if I use them twice a day anyway.

In general your skin texture should improve after a few weeks, so that will definitely help with make up application.

Speaking of - can anyone recommend a good daily (for irish weather) spf?

I don't need anything too high, 15-30 max, but something very light weight with UVA and UVB and a great base for makeup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I don't need anything too high, 15-30 max, but something very light weight with UVA and UVB and a great base for makeup?

I had been using the BareMinerals powder SPF 30 which I found good, but I was told in BT that it's been discontinued, I never really checked up on that though, maybe they just weren't stocking it anymore.

I've since switched to the Soap and Glory one after a recommendation on this thread. It's a bit higher at SPF 50, but as far as suncreams go it's decent as it's not heavy and oily like lots of others are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I use the soap and glory one as well. It's very good and works well under makeup.

I don't like the S&G one, it's very sticky on my skin :( I use it for holidays but I'm looking for something lighter for every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour kit in the shade 'medium' finally arrived today, after a lengthy wait from beautybay.

I probably should have waited until I had a bit of proper time to play around with it but I couldn't resist when doing my make up this morning, but I was sorely disappointed and unimpressed.

My day time make up would be very natural in comparison to the heavy, dramatic look I'd go for by night, so maybe that had something to do with my perception.

The highlight shades were ok but the dark shades looked dirty and didn't blend well. I'm going to try again tomorrow but I'll mix it with duraline from inglot and see if I get a better, creamier consistency from the product.

I'll be gutted if I can't get it to work for me,€50 is a lot of money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I use the simple moisturiser with spf 30, I find it nice and light and it's fine under make up. I use primer over it though. Worth a try its not expensive at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ladies, does anyone know where the cheapest place to buy the GlamGlow supermud is?

My skin is in bits, its gone to hell lately, back to how it was a year ago, and I know its cos I haven't been using the GlamGlow for a few months as I ran out.

Need to get it soon cos I can't cope with this. I've spots fecking everywhere!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    You use them last thing at night and they're great for minimising pores, resurfacing the skin and reducing redness. Expect a bit of redness and a slight tingling sensation for the first few uses but once your skin adapts you won't feel it anymore.

For anyone who is already a fan of the pads, I upgraded to the Pixi Glow ones which are 30% glycolic acid compared to the 5% which the nip & fab ones are. They're amazing. Definitely better to start with the nip and fab ones though to build up your tolerance to the acid.

I can see a massive change in my skin since I started using both products.

Hey!

Wee question about using the glycolic pads - do you use moisturiser after?

I have acne so use a benzoyl peroxide gel to keep it fairly well controlled, but also use a strong moisturiser after so ma face doesn't fall off! I was thinking of trying the pads out one or two nights a week - and wondered if moisturising after is necessary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    My anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour kit in the shade 'medium' finally arrived today, after a lengthy wait from beautybay.

I probably should have waited until I had a bit of proper time to play around with it but I couldn't resist when doing my make up this morning, but I was sorely disappointed and unimpressed.

My day time make up would be very natural in comparison to the heavy, dramatic look I'd go for by night, so maybe that had something to do with my perception.

The highlight shades were ok but the dark shades looked dirty and didn't blend well. I'm going to try again tomorrow but I'll mix it with duraline from inglot and see if I get a better, creamier consistency from the product.

I'll be gutted if I can't get it to work for me,€50 is a lot of money :(

I've the same problem. I got it in light but the dark shades just made me look like I had dirt on my face.

I've yet to find a contour that works for me. I'm quite fair. MAC NC13 and DW Ecru.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I bought the beauty blender solid cleanser as I was finding it hard to get my beauty blender clean. I used it on my brushes as well and it is amazing, they haven't been this clean in ages and I wash them weekly.

I've been using Serozinc by La Roche Posay (it's a spray on toner but it feels just like water) for a while now and I really like it. My skin is quite oily and I always have breakouts and I've been getting them less since using Serozinc. My skin isn't quite as oily during the day but I'm also using effaclar mat so that's probably it! I go through phases of using lrp and every time I go back to it, I wonder why I stopped using it in the first place.

Boots have the Beauty Blender folks :D

http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Brands-A-to-Z/Beautyblender/

Might get myself one soon, build up those points :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Boots have the Beauty Blender folks :D

http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-Brands-A-to-Z/Beautyblender/

Might get myself one soon, build up those points :P

At last! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

ShazGV wrote: »
    At last! :D

Are they better than the real techniques ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I have no idea tbh but I've heard good things about them - definitely interested in trying it but think I'll wait until I build up my points & pay for it that way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Essence-light-of-orient-1000-preview.jpg

Hi all, I posted about the above trend from Essence last week only to discover that Essence won't be launching this in Ireland!! :(

Gutted.com!!!

Essence messaged me to say...
    this trend edition will be available in the following countries:

- germany
    - switzerland
    - bosnia and herzegovina
    - bulgaria
    - czech republic
    - lithuania
    - malta
    - sierra leone
    - russia
    - ukraine
    - new zealand
    - australia
    - finland
    - netherlands
    - south africa
    - france
    - greece
    - italy
    - iceland
    - turkey
    - malaysia
    - philippines
    - chile
    - columbia
    - belize
    - bahrain
    - iran
    - jordan
    - morocco
    - oman
    - saudi arabia
    - tunisia
    - united arab emirates

I am so desperate to get a hold of the eyeshadow palette, the blusher & the No2 matt lipstick.

If any of you lovely ladies (or gents) happen to be travelling to any of the countries listed, I would possibly consider doing your ironing for a year if you would grab these for me!!! :D

Thanks a million!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

ShazGV wrote: »
    I have no idea tbh but I've heard good things about them - definitely interested in trying it but think I'll wait until I build up my points & pay for it that way :)

Haven't tried the real techniques one but I love my beauty blender. Gives a really natural finish so I use it if I'm doing my make up for the day. I prefer a heavier coverage for night time so I only use it to put on concealer if I'm heading out.

I use the simple moisturiser with spf 30, I find it nice and light and it's fine under make up. I use primer over it though. Worth a try its not expensive at all

I've bought it - fingers crossed it works out! Otherswise I'll try get samples of high end; Clinque and Estee Lauder are meant to have great day creams, but I don't want to break the bank if I can avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

keredern wrote: »
    Essence-light-of-orient-1000-preview.jpg

Hi all, I posted about the above trend from Essence last week only to discover that Essence won't be launching this in Ireland!! :(

Gutted.com!!!

Essence messaged me to say...
    this trend edition will be available in the following countries:

- germany
    - switzerland
    - bosnia and herzegovina
    - bulgaria
    - czech republic
    - lithuania
    - malta
    - sierra leone
    - russia
    - ukraine
    - new zealand
    - australia
    - finland
    - netherlands
    - south africa
    - france
    - greece
    - italy
    - iceland
    - turkey
    - malaysia
    - philippines
    - chile
    - columbia
    - belize
    - bahrain
    - iran
    - jordan
    - morocco
    - oman
    - saudi arabia
    - tunisia
    - united arab emirates

I am so desperate to get a hold of the eyeshadow palette, the blusher & the No2 matt lipstick.

If any of you lovely ladies (or gents) happen to be travelling to any of the countries listed, I would possibly consider doing your ironing for a year if you would grab these for me!!! :D

Thanks a million!!! :o
    i looked in Ulta in Detroit yesterday, they didn't have any. I should be in CVS tomorrow and will let you know if I see any...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Sheela wrote: »
    i looked in Ulta in Detroit yesterday, they didn't have any. I should be in CVS tomorrow and will let you know if I see any...

Thanks a million Sheela, but unfortunately they're not launching the range in the US!
    Really appreciate you trying though. :o

Picked up these in TK Maxx.

Organic Surge Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser - €6.99

product_ECHCC.png?v=1432645947

Quick Fix Facials Anti-Blemish Mud Mask - bit wary of this as I used one of their other masks a few years ago and had a horrible reaction to it which required a doctors visit so hopefully this one doesn't do the same thing.

10160151?id=j1Paq0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Bit of a splurge :o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxHEIpfI35cED9x96mnUc6yj1rGMD3Ujbdq3YE4YQF6CFzDcd86A

Never tried any Charlotte Tilbury products, so excited to try it out.

^^ the above post reminded me, I was walking by a pharmacy today and in the window they had a big card with "DUPE" written on it in big writing, the "dupe" product is a So Sue Me foundation which is apparently a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation.

I had a closer look in the window and the dupe isn't in fact a So Sue Me foundation, but a Flormar one. :o

Unless SSM and Flormar are now the one brand, which I didn't hear anything about so I am assuming they're not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

^^ the above post reminded me, I was walking by a pharmacy today and in the window they had a big card with "DUPE" written on it in big writing, the "dupe" product is a So Sue Me foundation which is apparently a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation.

I had a closer look in the window and the dupe isn't in fact a So Sue Me foundation, but a Flormar one. :o

Unless SSM and Flormar are now the one brand, which I didn't hear anything about so I am assuming they're not?

The only thing I can think of is the post So Sue Me had lately on Flormar Double Radiance Primer being a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow. I wonder if it was a reference to this? :confused:

• Advertisement

The only thing I can think of is the post So Sue Me had lately on Flormar Double Radiance Primer being a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow. I wonder if it was a reference to this? :confused:
    It's entirely possible, I haven't seen that post by SSM.

I know nothing about Flormar etc only saw the sign which said the SSM foundation is a dupe for the CT one. The sign mentioned nothing about Flormar, it was like whoever wrote it thought/thinks that SSM/Flormar are the one brand?

Advertisement