Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tattoo liner, yeah. There's an Ink liner too and the difference is the tip - tattoo one is a brush and ink is felt.

Where would one get stila? Online? thanks :)
    TK Maxx sell Stila. They're regularly in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hello all! I am currently in NYC and have picked up a few tasty bits already but I am looking for some recommendations! Let's have them!

Also, I would love if someone could recommend a good eye cream. I'm 28 and starting to get a few fine lines around my eyes... I don't think my Simple eye gel is cutting it anymore. My eyes are pretty sensitive so I am not sure what to try out.
    Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Tattoo liner, yeah. There's an Ink liner too and the difference is the tip - tattoo one is a brush and ink is felt.

Harvey Nics in Dundrum or the Stila website itself! I've ordered from their website a good bit and no complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Oh right I didn't realise the difference; the Stila one is a felt tip, just so you know.

Beauty Bay and Look Fantastic stock them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Also, I would love if someone could recommend a good eye cream. I'm 28 and starting to get a few fine lines around my eyes... I don't think my Simple eye gel is cutting it anymore. My eyes are pretty sensitive so I am not sure what to try out.
    !

I'm planning on trying this one myself:

http://www.image.ie/beauty/article/crows-feet-gone/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Hello all! I am currently in NYC and have picked up a few tasty bits already but I am looking for some recommendations! Let's have them!

Thanks in advance!

La Roche posay toleraine eye cream is good. The beautiful truth reviewed it recently and I bought it based on that, I find it great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

keredern wrote: »
    Essence-light-of-orient-1000-preview.jpg

Hi all, I posted about the above trend from Essence last week only to discover that Essence won't be launching this in Ireland!! :(

Gutted.com!!!

Essence messaged me to say...

I am so desperate to get a hold of the eyeshadow palette, the blusher & the No2 matt lipstick.

If any of you lovely ladies (or gents) happen to be travelling to any of the countries listed, I would possibly consider doing your ironing for a year if you would grab these for me!!! :D

Thanks a million!!! :o

I picked up the eyeshadow palette, one of the eyebrow pencils and the lightest colour lipstick in Tenerife recently even though it's not listed in countries above. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. They didn't have the blusher tho which I was disappointed about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up the NARS Loose Light Reflecting Setting Powder. Excited for it to arrive.

UK200010119_NARS_COSME.jpg?sw=750&sh=750

I'm finding lately that loose powders are working much better for me than pressed powders, I don't know what it is with them that makes them work better for me.

I'm seriously tempted to depot my pressed powders and put them into the tub from my loose No7 powder when it runs out and see if they work better that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The other day I was thinking about the Aldi/Lacura copy of the YSL Touche Eclat that was out years ago. I loved it but haven't seen it ages. Then shopping today spotted they had a box of them in my local Aldi (Clonee). Got one in Cashmere and one in Savannah, they're €4.49 each. Hope they are as good as I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Valentina wrote: »
    The other day I was thinking about the Aldi/Lacura copy of the YSL Touche Eclat that was out years ago. I loved it but haven't seen it ages. Then shopping today spotted they had a box of them in my local Aldi (Clonee). Got one in Cashmere and one in Savannah, they're €4.49 each. Hope they are as good as I remember!
    Oh yes, they were super Valentina. Gonna send the husband to Clonee tonight!

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh yes, they were super Valentina. Gonna send the husband to Clonee tonight!

Yeah they were great! They should bring them back permanently.

If your husband is looking for them, they were in a box on the top shelf/basket thingy near the till end of the first special buy aisle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Has anyone tried the Bourjois city radiance foundation? Is it comparable to anything else out there in regards to coverage?

Valentina wrote: »
    Yeah they were great! They should bring them back permanently.

If your husband is looking for them, they were in a box on the top shelf/basket thingy near the till end of the first special buy aisle :)
    Yay! Husband bought them in Aldi Mulhuddart. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

anna080 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Bourjois city radiance foundation? Is it comparable to anything else out there in regards to coverage?

I tried it and was so disappointed! It goes on lovely, gives a nice even light to medium coverage which is very dewy. But by the time I got home from work it had all separated around my nose and mouth which has never happened to me with any other foundation before. My skins not in the least bit oily either so that's not it - wish it was better because it's so beautiful when first applied 💔

I'm using No7 Instant Radiance now since and absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

In my continuing search for a eye primer that wont break the bank and is cruelty free I came across this http://www.freedommakeuplondon.com/pro-eye-primer.html

Have been using it for the past few days and its great. No pooling in the crease and stays on all day. It nearly lasted through a hot yoga class too!

I got it from Superdrug in Santry and it was only a few €.

In other news a new Makeup Revolution stand has just been installed in the chemists below work (Talbot St Dublin 1)............goodbye money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was sent some products to try, for free.
    Would anyone be interested in reading about them or is that too bloggery?

I'd prefer this thread to remain purchases only, personally speaking. I seek out blogs for PR sample reviews, don't want to start second guessing user reviews on this thread. Maybe post a link to your blog in the blogger thread? That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I was sent some products to try, for free. Would anyone be interested in reading about them or is that too bloggery?

Sure you would've mentioned them here if you'd bought them yourself anyway. I would love to read your thoughts!

BTW, I tried the new L'Oréal clay pre shamooo hair mask everyone has been raving about as I had a sample. It's very unnecessarily blue and it smells like a Calpol 6 plus cocktail but it did a very nice job - my hair looked lovely and shiny and very light and lifty at the roots. Very impressed. Then I slept on it and woke up to dull hair, not greasy exactly but all shine completely eradicated! Perked up with dry shampoo but I won't be buying it - I rarely get a second day out of my hair but it never looks dull, so I found that off - putting!

I'm not a blogger hopeful, but I understand 100% so I didn't want to post something I didn't buy without checking first.

I'm not a blogger hopeful, but I understand 100% so I didn't want to post something I didn't buy without checking first.

I would be interested in reading it, I don't think it matters hugely if you bought them or were sent them, it'd be interesting to read your thoughts anyway.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't have an issue with you posting about these particular products, to be fair you've come on and stated the situation first and are not a blogger. My concern would be that actual bloggers, who are getting more than just the one-off few items to try, would start slipping in their PR samples. That's just me tho, no one else seems concerned so maybe just go ahead, include a disclaimer and offer to delete the post if people raise concerns about it.

I would like to hear too Lexie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

dee_mc wrote: »
    BTW, I tried the new L'Oréal clay pre shamooo hair mask everyone has been raving about as I had a sample. It's very unnecessarily blue and it smells like a Calpol 6 plus cocktail but it did a very nice job - my hair looked lovely and shiny and very light and lifty at the roots. Very impressed. Then I slept on it and woke up to dull hair, not greasy exactly but all shine completely eradicated! Perked up with dry shampoo but I won't be buying it - I rarely get a second day out of my hair but it never looks dull, so I found that off - putting!

I got this last week, tried it out yesterday and thought it was nice, agree on the smell though, and it dyed my fingers blue too although thankfully washing my hair afterwards got rid of that! Hair was nice and light yesterday, felt like normal day 2 hair today, but I really like the shampoo, it has really helped day 2 look better (I never ever get to day 3 except briefly when I had it permed). So I'll chance the mask again, not sure I'd be advising anyone else to buy it for 8 quid though.

Personally don't have an issue with this. Once it's your honest opinion I don't think it matters if they were bought with your own money or a freebie. :)

Have recently been using the Nivea for men post shave balm as a primer as reccommended by Nikkietutorials and Chloe Boucher. It definitely gives a smoother base for make up application and my make up seems to last longer when using it.

anna080 wrote: »
    Have recently been using the Nivea for men post shave balm as a primer as reccommended by Nikkietutorials and Chloe Boucher. It definitely gives a smoother base for make up application and my make up seems to last longer when using it.
    My daughter uses this too. She says it's better than a "proper" primer and of course, cheaper too

So the products I was given... I got two products from primark. Ps Love to Glow exfoliating mud mask and the matching serum.

My skin would be a little on the thin side, quite dehydrated, normal skin all over, with maybe slightly oily tzone, but not oily enough to shine, just oily enough to have a little congestion.

It says it's a luxurious treatment. It smells okay, a bit scented. Lashed it on, left it on about 15 mins, although it recommends 10 minutes.
    Jumped in the shower, and had a hard time getting it off. Gave it a good scrub, had the water beating down on my skin. It felt very, I dunno... Cheap. I guess. It exfoliated quite well but it felt almost like Vaseline trying to get it off.

Never the less, got it all off, got out and had a look at my skin in the mirror. There was visible lines on my face under my eyes and down my cheeks along my nose.
    I take very good care of my skin so got a bit of a shock. Instead of following it up with the serum that compliments the mask, I applied my trusty neroli oil and my decleor moisturiser.

Now, to be fair, my skin is extremely soft and supple. It definately gave it a good exfoliation, and I may have used too much product but I would be questioning the ingredients as I've never had anything dry or dehydrate my skin out so much. As it was so hard to get off, I'm just not convinced it's a good product to use very often. I don't think I'd use it again.

I will try the serum after i cleanse with my usual (non drying) products. It may suit a different skin type better, but i doubt it •.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Anyone use Pixi foundation - http://www.pixibeauty.co.uk/complexion/foundation/flawless-vitamin-veil .. ?
    reviews on line are great so debating a purchase ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Picked up the Penneys PS. Love pressed powder in the lightest shade a few weeks back and I'm very impressed with it. It's perfect for setting light contour under the eyes and highlighting. It has quickly replaced MAC mineralise skin finish as my go to product for this area. It's also an absolute steal for only €2.50.

Second is the Carli Bybel eye pallet. This pallet was made by the famously popular American YouTuber for those who don't know her. Cost €18ish to order online from BH cosmetics and it's amazing. It comes with 10 eyeshadows and 4 highlighters. The shadows come in a variety of finishes, but my favourites are the matte ones. They are very earthy, neutral tones, the matte cranberry is my favourite. This has become my go-to pallet.

Thirdly, the Collection 16 hour foundation. This is the best full coverage drug store foundation I've used. It's got a lovely matte finish and the light colours are surprisingly yellow toned, which is fab as most of the light tones in cheaper foundations are super pink. Another absolute steal for daytime wear at only €8ish.

I'm also looking for a few recommendations, if anyone can help me out.
    1. Anyone know of a very hydrating face mask on a budget? Or even a moisturiser. My skin is parched the last few weeks and nothing is helping.
    2. Any thoughts on MAC face and body?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »

I'm also looking for a few recommendations, if anyone can help me out.
    1. Anyone know of a very hydrating face mask on a budget? Or even a moisturiser. My skin is parched the last few weeks and nothing is helping.
    2. Any thoughts on MAC face and body?

Thanks!

Nip & fab kale fix range is very very good for hydrating and works well on sensitive skin.
    Boots have it all on offer at the moment too!

Advertisement