Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks for that!
    Good to know the brush is decent, they're usually rubbish when they're in a set like that. Does seem good value for the amount of shadow you get. I was comparing it to one of those benefit smokey eye sets and for the same price ud is definitely coming out tops! Love benefit but god they're dear compared to other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have the naked palette and it's good but I don't find it as amazing as everyone makes out? Maybe I'm just not doing the right combinations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

lizt wrote: »
    I have the naked palette and it's good but I don't find it as amazing as everyone makes out? Maybe I'm just not doing the right combinations?

I'm the same. But my problem is more to do with it being too big to carry in my makeup bag and I tend to do my makeup at my desk in work first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Eviledna wrote: »
    After all the ravings online I splashed out and ordered Skin79+ BB cream. It's on they way from HongKong, and it's a genuine product. Haven't received it yet but as a Mac nc25 I'm looking forward to see if it suits!

Anyone have experience with it?

The bb cream arrived! I gotta say, I'm really happy with it. It's lighter than foundation in coverage but heavier than tinted moisturizer, it goes on really smooth and it doesn't feel like you're wearing make up at all! It initially has a grey tone, but after a few minutes it soaks in and tones to an nc20-25 colour. It would need a little concealer for big blemishes, but it covers my freckles.

I took a risk ordering this but it has really paid off. I can see this replacing my foundation from now on, and once it soaks in it dries quite matt, not oily,

I'll report back on it's anti blemish qualities after a week! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Tesco Cucumber Toner.
    I know this will probably attract a few raised eyebrows but it is.. amazing! So refreshing and cheap (under a euro if I remember correctly)
    I use it before moisturiser (duh)/to remove make up or when I'm plucking my eyebrows, with a cotton pad, I brush over the brows to remove those plucked hairs or to sooth the redness afterwards.
    Defiently a 'student buy' :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

awesom_o wrote: »
    Tesco Cucumber Toner.
    I know this will probably attract a few raised eyebrows but it is.. amazing! So refreshing and cheap (under a euro if I remember correctly)
    I use it before moisturiser (duh)/to remove make up or when I'm plucking my eyebrows, with a cotton pad, I brush over the brows to remove those plucked hairs or to sooth the redness afterwards.
    Defiently a 'student buy' :D

I just recently found out that Toner isn't an essential in skincare, it's considered an extra product if you like it apparently.

That's even cheaper again! :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm the same. The warm browns clash with my skin tone, and make me look ill :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

on saveonmakeup.co.uk i got several urban decay loose pigments for £2 each. I got half baked, naked, gunmetal, smog, and a few other non naked palette colours.

Tbh i don't love them so i'm happy i didn't spend the 40 euro on a full size palette!!!

I also got acai berry serum from kiehls and samples of the matching moisturizer. So happy i didn't buy the moisturizer, as the combination of the two leaves my skin feeling very dry and tight and uncomfortable. Been using the serum under my normal dior moisturizer and have seen....no difference whatsoever.

Was looking for a dupe of my one essential, its my hg product but its 85 euro so sometimes when i run out i don't have the cash to get a new bottle. This acai one had been recommended as doing the same thing, which it doesn't, it seems to do nothing for my skin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this Ruby & Millie Brush in Boots for 46cents. According to the girl who served me, Boots are going to stop selling the Ruby & Millie brand.

Ruby & Millie i-Define Brush
    sizeimage.aspx?client=22976&image=121_023.jpg&height=500&width=500&colour=ffffff

Picture from this site http://www.cosmetics-skincare.co.uk/Ruby___Millie_I-Define_Brush/p227633_712704.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got this Ruby & Millie Brush in Boots for 46cents. According to the girl who served me, Boots are going to stop selling the Ruby & Millie brand.

Ruby & Millie i-Define Brush

I bought that brush YEARS ago during my student days and still have it. I really like their brushes. I'll have to go to my Boots and stock up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Must. Stop. Reading. This. Thread.
    No Willpower :o

Just placed a massive order with Bobbi Brown. I can't wait to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just placed a massive order with Bobbi Brown. I can't wait to get it!

Ooooh! Where did you order it from?
    I'm very tempted to get a BB shimmer brick I saw in this thread a while ago but have to wait until payday next month!

Ooooh! Where did you order it from?
    I'm very tempted to get a BB shimmer brick I saw in this thread a while ago but have to wait until payday next month!

House of Fraser.

Had my basket on bobbi brown's website full along with free samples before I realised they only delivered to the uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Must. Stop. Reading. This. Thread.
    No Willpower :o

I thought it was just me:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

sorry girls if many of ye went and got that 17 fasle mascara from my review my bad il take more then a week or two to fully review a product again:(

what do ye girls use foundation wise on a night out? , im looking for a full coverage without spf as the spf makes u look white in photos i have tired a touch of bronzer over my foundation but still looks white , i wore rimmel 25 hour out it was great on the pictures but i just dont like the foundation , i wear vichy dermablend and artdeco rich treatment as my day make up so about the same coverage as them. also think mac full coverage dont have spf can you still buy it in BTS.

also for the girls that arent getting the most out of their UD naked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EcppJXVaM&feature=feedu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

tanya2007 wrote: »

what do ye girls use foundation wise on a night out? , im looking for a full coverage without spf as the spf makes u look white in photos i have tired a touch of bronzer over my foundation but still looks white , i wore rimmel 25 hour out it was great on the pictures but i just dont like the foundation , i wear vichy dermablend and artdeco rich treatment as my day make up so about the same coverage as them. also think mac full coverage dont have spf can you still buy it in BTS.

I like Revlon Photoready. I'm as white as a ghost anyway so my foundation looks white. It's medium coverage but can be layered for a full coverage look. The thing I look for in a foundation is a non orange colour!

I like Revlon Photoready. I'm as white as a ghost anyway so my foundation looks white. It's medium coverage but can be layered for a full coverage look. The thing I look for in a foundation is a non orange colour!

thanks duck i got that when it first came out i used it once but didn't like it as the coverage wasn't enough for me but il have to find the bottle and give it another bash , if its still in date haha

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Eviledna wrote: »
    The bb cream arrived! I gotta say, I'm really happy with it. It's lighter than foundation in coverage but heavier than tinted moisturizer, it goes on really smooth and it doesn't feel like you're wearing make up at all! It initially has a grey tone, but after a few minutes it soaks in and tones to an nc20-25 colour. It would need a little concealer for big blemishes, but it covers my freckles.

I took a risk ordering this but it has really paid off. I can see this replacing my foundation from now on, and once it soaks in it dries quite matt, not oily,

I'll report back on it's anti blemish qualities after a week! :)

sorry, I know I will sound stupid, but what is BB?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

tumblr_lh6nw0IggQ1qbec8io1_500.jpg

Sephora Advanced Airbrush Set - $65. $170 value apparently, or so it says on the packaging!

This is an excellent set! The brushes are so so soft. I used to have a Mac stippling foundation brush so found the brush in this set very dense, but it does leave an excellent finish.

Also included is: large powder brush - no complaints so far, concealer brush - great little tool, like a mini version of the foundation brush, and two eye shadow brushes. The eyeshadow ones pick up a lot of product and are very easy to use.

Come in a little zip up bag, would be great if there was a mirror in it though! All full sized brushes and the name/use of the brush printed on each, very handy!

Top marks, great value, especially as I almost bought a new Mac stippling brush (managed to lose my old one somehow!) at a cost of over $50.

duoR_detail1.jpg

Duo eyelash glue, $8. Always good to have.

947853_sw.jpg

Tiny pic! "Flair" lashes from Sephora, $8.

Good day's shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

sorry girls if many of ye went and got that 17 fasle mascara from my review my bad il take more then a week or two to fully review a product again:(

also for the girls that arent getting the most out of their UD naked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EcppJXVaM&feature=feedu

I use EL Double Wear and find it great-excellent coverage, lasts all day and looks great in photos! My number one staple!

When I'm out of Double Wear (while waiting for my cousin to be in work, he gets 25% on all EL!!:D) I will use Catrice Photofinish 16hr as a good dupe, it doesn't last 16hrs but will last 8 or so which is long enough for a night out. Only problem is it smells disgusting when taken out of bottle but smell disappears when applied to face! Definitely good cheap alternative!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

cordni wrote: »
    sorry, I know I will sound stupid, but what is BB?
    i think its bobbi brown! i was confused too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2002794/BB-Cream-The-balm-claims-moisturiser-sun-block-primer-AND-foundation-does-work.html

This is what BB cream is. Also search youtube, there are loads of reviews on it. Seemingly its one step up from tinted moisturiser but not quite foundation.

I use EL Double Wear and find it great-excellent coverage, lasts all day and looks great in photos! My number one staple!

When I'm out of Double Wear (while waiting for my cousin to be in work, he gets 25% on all EL!!:D) I will use Catrice Photofinish 16hr as a good dupe, it doesn't last 16hrs but will last 8 or so which is long enough for a night out. Only problem is it smells disgusting when taken out of bottle but smell disappears when applied to face! Definitely good cheap alternative!

cool thanks :D il have to get a sample and try it out, ya i have the catrice one the smell is vile alright haven't worn it out on the night doe will try it next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

For a night out I use an airbrushing system not everyones cup of tea but it works for me. One word of advice though if you take a lot of pictures on a night out I would avoid any foundation with an SPF. The flash in the camera against the SPF in the foundation will make you come out white!

Currently sitting with this on my feet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhH1utNYn4vPH3qawkQdv440PK6fv2mL5oYUZoMYGDUrmf0SbZPw

It's supposed to get rid of dry skin on feet, after 4 weeks of flip flops in America, I definitely have plenty to get rid of! I'll let you know how it goes, got it for 20 euro in Hickey's Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

hey all, bought loads recently!!! in work and can't post pics so heres just a sample....

urban decay naked palette - it's ok, prob need to experiment with it more, only bought because of this thread.
    Garnier BB cream - got yesterday, tried it this morning, gorgeous so far, love love love the smell. think it was €14 something, in boots grafton st. Will report back!!
    the 17 false mascara - hate it! bits fall into my eyes, not a fan, eyeliner is useless.
    Two catrice mascaras - they're ok, still sticking to my fave volume million lashes in extra black.
    catrice pencil sharpener
    catrice baroque glamour all over powder - got this morn, tried already, love it so far.
    benefit magic ink eyeliner - pretty good, got a couple of weeks ago.
    catrice eyebrow set - meh!
    two catrice nail polishes - at half off how can i go wrong??? one in my bag here is called lucky in liac, best polish i have ever used hands down!!! the sticker price is 2.79 but i got two for that!!
    anyway, am addicted to this thread...please close it so i can replenish my bank account :(
    oh! nearly forgot bought the st moritz tan aswell the other day, again cant say enough about it, lovely tan, easy to apply, not orangy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Currently sitting with this on my feet.

I've used that! Thought it was brilliant, although the actual peeling process is disgusting. I thought it wasn't really working, then came back from a run 7 days after doing it, took off my socks, and saw
    all my heel skin hanging off in a huge flap :o
    feet are supersoft after and they were beyond hideous before!

pampootie wrote: »
    I've used that! Thought it was brilliant, although the actual peeling process is disgusting. I thought it wasn't really working, then came back from a run 7 days after doing it, took off my socks, and saw
    all my heel skin hanging off in a huge flap :o
    feet are supersoft after and they were beyond hideous before!

Yeah, the pictures on the box aren't pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just ordered 2 Clarins Skin Energizers sets from Debenhams, and got a free bottle of "eau de Jardin" too. The moisturiser is full sized with a 30ml cleanser and 30ml energizer boost. €45 for the lot which is great for clarins:)
    clarins-daily-energizer-trio-set.jpg
    clarins-bloomingdales-fragrances-eau-de-jardins-100-ml.jpg

I'm older (33) than the age group that the range is aimed at but I decided to go for it anyway as I'm not really a believer in "anti aging" claims and I have the shine/unevenness/spots and signs of fatigue that the range claims to prevent/treat. I wanted to treat myself to a good cleanser and moistuiser and buying the two sets worked out cheaper than buying the moisturiser alone that I was going to get!! Plus with the free gift thrown in, it was a no brainer!!! Found a few reviews by older folk and they were very impressed by the range.

Advertisement