Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a few recommendations, if anyone can help me out.
    1. Anyone know of a very hydrating face mask on a budget? Or even a moisturiser. My skin is parched the last few weeks and nothing is helping.
    I have dehydrated skin and I use the No7 Hydration Mask. I apply a thin layer of it before bedtime, let it soak in a bit and sleep in it. Face is so soft the next morning.
    http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Hydration-Mask-for-Dry-Very-Dry-Skin_1245040/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I've bought the Nyx eyebrow pomade and accompanying brush, the Nyx shine control primer and Nyx HD translucent powder (ever since Rupaul's Drag Race - I've wanted to try Nyx).
    • The eyebrow pomade works quite well; lasts all day/a dancing and makes them look freshly tinted.
    • The shine control primer does make a nice base for putting on foundation but I don't think it's doing much on the shine control front.
    • The transluenct powder doesn't seem to do anything ha, but I'm going to give it a bit more time as I have a few photos from a club on Saturday where my make-up does look better than normal so maybe it is good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I had tried the Charlotte Tilbury foundation last summer in shade 3 and didnt like it at all. It was patchy and didn't last long on my face although I didn't use any primer with it just moisturiser underneath. I was not impressed at all. Anyway found another sample in the drawer at the weekend in shade 4. So I used it with a primer this time (just the Catrice pink tube one) and I must say I was pleased with the result. It gave good coverage and didnt sink into any lines after a few hours. Put it on with RT foundation brush then a RT stipple brush. I set it with Collection loose powder. It felt lovely on my face. I think I would give this another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I have dehydrated skin and I use the No7 Hydration Mask. I apply a thin layer of it before bedtime, let it soak in a bit and sleep in it. Face is so soft the next morning.
    http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Hydration-Mask-for-Dry-Very-Dry-Skin_1245040/

This was really burn-ey on me - I would not consider myself to have sensitive skin either... Glad it worked for you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

For hydration I honestly can't recommend decleor enough.
    Skin looking tired? Neroli oil
    Need a nice treatment at bedtime? Neroli oil.
    Skin a bit delicate from another product? Neroli oil.
    Skin tight after shower? Neroli oil.
    Skin has a mind of its own on my period? Neroli oil.

It fixes everything. Hell, my boyfriend acting up? Probably try put neroli oil on him too. I love it. My biggest battle with my skin is dehydration

Also found dior hydraction range really good too back in the day. Haven't used it in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I signed up for the urban decay make up course, so I'm going to have to decide what products to redeem the cost of the course on soon enough. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I got a sample of the naked skin foundation and am in love with it, so will pick a bottle of that up. I'll probably get another bottle of setting spray too - should I stick with the all nighter or is the deslick one good? I can get oily on my forehead but nothing too bad.

I already have 3 urban decay eyeshadow palettes :o so am sorted in that regard. Really struggling to think of anything else to get, hence my post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I signed up for the urban decay make up course, so I'm going to have to decide what products to redeem the cost of the course on soon enough. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I got a sample of the naked skin foundation and am in love with it, so will pick a bottle of that up. I'll probably get another bottle of setting spray too - should I stick with the all nighter or is the deslick one good? I can get oily on my forehead but nothing too bad.

I already have 3 urban decay eyeshadow palettes :o so am sorted in that regard. Really struggling to think of anything else to get, hence my post!

The new Alice in wonderland pallet looks devine. I'm struggling to stop buying it. I want it oh so much.

What's the naked foundation like,?

looking for a lightweight, evening, light coverage foundation for everyday wear. Have combination skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I used to have the De-Slick setting spray and it wasn't much to write home about tbh, at least not on my oily skin. I think the All-Nighter spray has a better reputation.

Also, UD Matte Revolution and Sheer Revolution lipsticks seem to be very popular in the States (according to Reddit anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I've bought the Nyx eyebrow pomade and accompanying brush, the Nyx shine control primer and Nyx HD translucent powder (ever since Rupaul's Drag Race - I've wanted to try Nyx).
    [*]The transluenct powder doesn't seem to do anything ha, but I'm going to give it a bit more time as I have a few photos from a club on Saturday where my make-up does look better than normal so maybe it is good stuff!
    [/LIST]

I tried it too, and I'm underwhelmed too... For those who love, what am I doing wrong?
    It fixes everything. Hell, my boyfriend acting up? Probably try put neroli oil on him too. I love it.
    :D:D:D

I've got a bold OH and a troublesome kitten... I think I've found the miracle cure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

The Naked skin concealer get rave reviews, Naked lipstick and lipgloss are nice. 24/7 eyeliner and lip liner. Flushed highlighter, blush, bronzer palette (tho choose the colour wisely, I have it in Streak and find the bronzer too warm - use it as a crease colour instead). Lots of good reviews lately in the new BB cream (think it's BB anyway, whatever the new one in the tube with the pump is) The gwen stefani range looks nice too. Maybe pick up something as a gift if any friends birthdays coming up etc.

Edit to add Perversion mascara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

So I went to buy a new double wear and Estée Lauder had a promotion buy two items get a free gift bag and items. The woman was really helpful and said I could buy a travel size and it counted so got a mini night repair serum which I didn't even know they sold was €16. Had a €50 voucher so spent €4 and got all this!

Also got a beauty blender!

5wyqtt.jpg

Also got this lipstick with it for free:

9904us.jpg

Also picked up this:

23uuc0x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have a beauty blender but I've no idea how to use it. I've been applying my concealer under my eye and then spraying the beauty blender with NYX dewy finishing spray and dabbing it under my eyes to blend the concealer but I don't really think it's doing much. I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

anna080 wrote: »
    I have a beauty blender but I've no idea how to use it. I've been applying my concealer under my eye and then spraying the beauty blender with NYX dewy finishing spray and dabbing it under my eyes to blend the concealer but I don't really think it's doing much. I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly.
    Have you tried dampening the beauty blender and squeezing the excess water out and gently bouncing the blender over your foundation/concealer? I find that works best (though I have a real techniques sponge not a beauty blender, but they're similar I think).

Have you tried dampening the beauty blender and squeezing the excess water out and gently bouncing the blender over your foundation/concealer? I find that works best (though I have a real techniques sponge not a beauty blender, but they're similar I think).

Ya I tried that at the start and I thought it was just removing all of the concealer tbh.. So I've been trying the NYX spray to dampen it instead but I'm still not seeing anything amazing

Ya I tried that at the start and I thought it was just removing all of the concealer tbh.. So I've been trying the NYX spray to dampen it instead but I'm still not seeing anything amazing
    What concealer do you use?

I've never had that problem with the RT sponge doing that to either my concealer or foundation.

I know when I've tried a setting spray on the sponge and used it, it was moving the product around as it was too wet to blend.

I dampen my sponge, squeeze it out in a towel and leave it sitting on a table/towel for about 5 mins before using and find it works well for me.

What concealer do you use?

I've never had that problem with the RT sponge doing that to either my concealer or foundation.

I know when I've tried a setting spray on the sponge and used it, it was moving the product around as it was too wet to blend.

I dampen my sponge, squeeze it out in a towel and leave it sitting on a table/towel for about 5 mins before using and find it works well for me.

I use Mac Pro longwear concealer. I will try again tomorrow using the method you've described above. Maybe I was using it too soon after wetting

I use Mac Pro longwear concealer. I will try again tomorrow using the method you've described above. Maybe I was using it too soon after wetting
    I've used that concealer too and the way I used the blender worked best for me with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I started using my MAC Studio Sculpt again over the weekend and it's broken my out. I'm so upset because my skin was almost clear for the first time ever I think.

Speaking of, I really like the Pixi glow tonic, it's made such a diffrence! Hope it helps clear my skin up again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I use it with Mac Pro long wear. You have to wet the sponge first otherwise it won't work. I usually soak it, squeeze it out and then towel dry it. I put the concealer on the back of my hand, press my beauty blender into it and then bounce it wherever I need it. Bounce is a weird way to describe it but that's the only thing I can think of!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Jwacqui wrote: »
    So I went to buy a new double wear and Estée Lauder had a promotion buy two items get a free gift bag and items. The woman was really helpful and said I could buy a travel size and it counted so got a mini night repair serum which I didn't even know they sold was €16. Had a €50 voucher so spent €4 and got all this!

Also got a beauty blender!

5wyqtt.jpg

Also got this lipstick with it for free:

9904us.jpg

Also picked up this:

23uuc0x.jpg
    Hi there.. may I ask what shop has the Estee offer? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Hi there.. may I ask what shop has the Estee offer? Thanks

It's in Boots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

La.de.da wrote: »
    The new Alice in wonderland pallet looks devine. I'm struggling to stop buying it. I want it oh so much.

What's the naked foundation like,?

looking for a lightweight, evening, light coverage foundation for everyday wear. Have combination skin.

Ugh, the alice palette does look beautiful, but I already have naked 2, naked smoky, and one of the book of shadows palettes!

I was very impressed with the naked skin foundation. It would most definitely fit what you are looking for! It's light coverage, can be built to medium I would say if you wanted. I didn't feel like I was wearing foundation at all when I had it in. My skin is combination too.
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I used to have the De-Slick setting spray and it wasn't much to write home about tbh, at least not on my oily skin. I think the All-Nighter spray has a better reputation.

Also, UD Matte Revolution and Sheer Revolution lipsticks seem to be very popular in the States (according to Reddit anyway).

Great, I'll stick with all-nighter so. Thank you for the tip :)
    The Naked skin concealer get rave reviews, Naked lipstick and lipgloss are nice. 24/7 eyeliner and lip liner. Flushed highlighter, blush, bronzer palette (tho choose the colour wisely, I have it in Streak and find the bronzer too warm - use it as a crease colour instead). Lots of good reviews lately in the new BB cream (think it's BB anyway, whatever the new one in the tube with the pump is) The gwen stefani range looks nice too. Maybe pick up something as a gift if any friends birthdays coming up etc.

Edit to add Perversion mascara

Thanks so much! Have had my eye on the BB cream alright, was thinking of something lighter for summer, but having tried the naked skin foundation since I think that'll be light enough!
    Lots of food for thought now, thanks everyone :D

Has anyone here tried the Bellamianta tan? I've seen a few bloggers give it good reviews but would rather hear from someone who has used it that isn't a blogger (if you know what I mean, an impartial opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dibs24

Bought the Nip+Fab glycolic fix pads and glycolic cleanser today after getting them together in a set for 9.99 in my local TKMaxx. Just wondering what people think about the pads and do those that have used them recommend using them in the morning or at night? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried the Bellamianta tan? I've seen a few bloggers give it good reviews but would rather hear from someone who has used it that isn't a blogger (if you know what I mean, an impartial opinion).

Is that the one so sue me was wearing on her holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Yeh that's it.

A girl I work with swears by it. Says it gradually fades and doesn't look orange. I'm going to try it out after I've finished my bottle of Black Magic.

Ha! That's not a reason for wanting it - if anything it's a reason for putting me off it! But have seen one or two bloggers that I trust using it so just wondering if anyone here had used it in real life? I've a wedding at the end of the month. I used Cocoa Brown for the last wedding I was at and I just found that the colour I got wasn't deep enough for me once I showered (I used the dark one, left it on overnight and showered off in the morning, did this two consecutive nights before the wedding)

Would 100% reccommend the new L'oreal glam bronze cushion de soliel. It's amazing. So glowy and natural. My new favourite bronzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Update on the Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara: I've used it about every second day for the past two weeks and my lashes are now as dark as if I had just tinted them.
    I prefer the tint I've got from using the mascara to a regular tint though, because the very roots of my lashes, which are very blonde naturally, are now nice and dark (whereas with a regular tint, they're back to blonde within a day or two as the dye doesn't 'take' properly at the root). I really like the mascara all in all; my only gripe is that it smudges by the end of the day (no more so than any other non-waterproof does on me, to be fair), so if they release a waterproof version I'll be all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Ugh, the alice palette does look beautiful, but I already have naked 2, naked smoky, and one of the book of shadows palettes!

I was very impressed with the naked skin foundation. It would most definitely fit what you are looking for! It's light coverage, can be built to medium I would say if you wanted. I didn't feel like I was wearing foundation at all when I had it in. My skin is combination too.

Great, I'll stick with all-nighter so. Thank you for the tip :)

Thanks so much! Have had my eye on the BB cream alright, was thinking of something lighter for summer, but having tried the naked skin foundation since I think that'll be light enough!
    Lots of food for thought now, thanks everyone :D

I have been thinking of giving that foundation a whirl. I want something lightweight.

The Gwen Stefani Lipsticks are fab. The 714 literally doesn't budge. Its a matte formula and yet it doesn't leave my lips dehydrated like most other mattes I have tried. According to the girl at the UD counter they are releasing loads of new UD lipsticks in July and some will have same mega matte formulation as the Gwen 714.

Also it makes me sad to not buy that Alice palatte, but there comes a time when you have more then enough eyeshadow to last a lifetime.

Advertisement