Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the cloud 10 website?
    They seem to be out of stock of a huge amount of items. Also on multiple occasions I've put something in my basket, browsed for a few more mins and by the time I go to pay it's also out of stock and the samples at checkout are always all out of stock apart from the stick thing!!
    Does this happen often with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

They seem to be out of stock of a huge amount of items. Also on multiple occasions I've put something in my basket, browsed for a few more mins and by the time I go to pay it's also out of stock and the samples at checkout are always all out of stock apart from the stick thing!!
    I've been noticing that for absolutely ages.

I have tried several times to order some brushes from them and one particular lip balm, anytime I ordered they would cancel saying its not in stock or else when I put it into the basket they'd say its out of stock, despite it saying in stock on the main item page.

I've also noticed that when I sign up for back in stock emails, they never send them (to me anyway, or else the item isn't restocked but still showing on their website as in stock).

As a result I haven't bought from them in nearly a year now at this stage.

I've been noticing that for absolutely ages.

I've also noticed that when I sign up for back in stock emails, they never send them (to me anyway, or else the item isn't restocked but still showing on their website as in stock).

As a result I haven't bought from them in nearly a year now at this stage.
    I've noticed that with the emails too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Dibs24 wrote: »
    Bought the Nip+Fab glycolic fix pads and glycolic cleanser today after getting them together in a set for 9.99 in my local TKMaxx. Just wondering what people think about the pads and do those that have used them recommend using them in the morning or at night? :)

With any product with glycolic acid you should use them at night because the skin can be more sensitive to the sun after use. Also make sure to use SPF during the day for the same reason.

Haven't used them myself so can't comment on them specifically but I have been quite happy with any glycolic acid product I've used so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Has anyone tried the Alpha-H Liquid Gold? Have a fair few acne marks left on my skin and Ive been using the nip&fab exfoliating pads and not seen much of a difference! Have also tried the Clarins Exfoliating Toner with not much success...The Alpha-H is nearly 45 euro with the exchange rate so a bit pricey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

MissElle wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Alpha-H Liquid Gold? Have a fair few acne marks left on my skin and Ive been using the nip&fab exfoliating pads and not seen much of a difference! Have also tried the Clarins Exfoliating Toner with not much success...The Alpha-H is nearly 45 euro with the exchange rate so a bit pricey!

I read a review recently that said its nothing special and don't believe the hype. Can't rememeber where though sorry :o

MissElle wrote: »

I've tried it and liked it but I don't have any acne so cant help with that. Cloud 10 beauty have it and fb15fan is a 15% off code that usually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

I stopped buying from them ages ago. They never restock so I got fed up constantly checking their site. They also sent me the wrong items before and on another occasion when I contacted them to say the samples I selected did not arrived in my order, they tried to convince me that I didn't put any samples in my basket when I knew I did. M&S are now selling a lot of beauty on their Irish site and always have 20% off offers on (there is 20% off at the moment), they also have good offered and gift with purchase a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I've tried it and liked it but I don't have any acne so cant help with that. Cloud 10 beauty have it and fb15fan is a 15% off code that usually works.

Thanks a mill for that, the code worked! Read mixed reviews but with the 15% off its the same price as the Clarins Toner so Ill give it a try I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

I stopped buying from them ages ago. They never restock so I got fed up constantly checking their site. They also sent me the wrong items before and on another occasion when I contacted them to say the samples I selected did not arrived in my order, they tried to convince me that I didn't put any samples in my basket when I knew I did. M&S are now selling a lot of beauty on their Irish site and always have 20% off offers on (there is 20% off at the moment), they also have good offered and gift with purchase a lot of the time.

That's happened to me too not receiving the samples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Dibs24

With any product with glycolic acid you should use them at night because the skin can be more sensitive to the sun after use. Also make sure to use SPF during the day for the same reason.

Haven't used them myself so can't comment on them specifically but I have been quite happy with any glycolic acid product I've used so far.

Thank you! Looking forward to trying them and seeing if they'll help sort out my skin! Thanks for letting me know about the skin sensitivity, I'm going to hold off on starting using them until I come home my holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I just bought the Nip+Fab Glycolic face pads!!! Really excited, I tried some of the other stuff from that range and didn't like them but this stuff is so raved about I had to give it a go

I just bought the Nip+Fab Glycolic face pads!!! Really excited, I tried some of the other stuff from that range and didn't like them but this stuff is so raved about I had to give it a go

Did you get the extreme ones or the normal?

Did you get the extreme ones or the normal?

The daily cleansing ones, what's the difference?

The daily cleansing ones, what's the difference?

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/nip-and-fab/nip-fab-glycolic-fix.html?gclid=CLHh4N3t6MwCFYR02wodIVIO_g#.VRA52vmsXC8

https://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/nip-and-fab/nip-fab-extreme-glycolic-fix-night-pads.html

The second ones are stronger with 5% glycolic, I use the second ones at night and find them good.

But I bought the other ones :(

What % are the regular?

I'm sad now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Jwacqui wrote: »
    So I went to buy a new double wear and Estée Lauder had a promotion buy two items get a free gift bag and items. The woman was really helpful and said I could buy a travel size and it counted so got a mini night repair serum which I didn't even know they sold was €16. Had a €50 voucher so spent €4 and got all this!

Also got a beauty blender!

Also got this lipstick with it for free:

Also picked up this:

Its telling me that its an "online offer only".
    Did you get it instore? (you said the woman was helpful so I'm guessing you did :))

But I bought the other ones :(

What % are the regular?

I'm sad now

Don't be sad!!
    They are 2.8% and good to start off with and once your skin is used to them you can go up to the stronger ones if you want.

I use the stronger ones at night and in the morning I use the cleansing gel which is 2%, my skin has never looked better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Its telling me that its an "online offer only".
    Did you get it instore? (you said the woman was helpful so I'm guessing you did :))

It's instore in Boots, even though it says on their site online only! :)

Got it myself instore, the gifts are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Valentina wrote: »
    It's instore in Boots, even though it says on their site online only! :)

Got it myself instore, the gifts are lovely.

Brilliant, thanks for that(no idea why its saying online only :confused:).
    I have the double wear(love it)and just want to go a shade up for summer so would prefer to do that instore(have been burned too many times buying colours online :o)

• Advertisement

Picked up Too Faced Sweet Peaches today, haven't used it yet but looks and smells lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Picked up Too Faced Sweet Peaches today, haven't used it yet but looks and smells lovely!

Oh, where did you get it...please!!!! :D

keredern wrote: »
    Oh, where did you get it...please!!!! :D

I ordered it on the Debenhams website and collected this evening

I ordered it on the Debenhams website and collected this evening

Any chance you could post a link?

I can't find it anywhere on their site!

Thanks. :o

Any chance you could post a link?

I can't find it anywhere on their site!

Thanks. :o

Have copied this link from my confirmation email.

http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_154614110699

It's gone!!!

Missed it!

But thanks for the link. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

It's gone!!!

Missed it!

But thanks for the link. :o

It's back now! Saw it this morning!

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    It's back now! Saw it this morning!

It was gone again when I checked this morning! :(

Raging!!! :mad:

Don't be sad!!
    They are 2.8% and good to start off with and once your skin is used to them you can go up to the stronger ones if you want.

I use the stronger ones at night and in the morning I use the cleansing gel which is 2%, my skin has never looked better!

I already have thr Pixi Glow tonic which apparently is 5%, I just assumed the Nip+Fab pads were stronger - lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I was in New York last week & went just a teeeeensy bit mad in Sephora & CVS :D

From CVS, I got a Covergirl mascara, Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Cleanser, Maybelline Master Conceal in fair, Maybelline Master Setting Spray, Nyx Microbrow pencil & Revlon Ultra HD matte lip colour in the colour Seduction.

From Sephora, I picked up Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, Cover FX Custom Cover Drops, Urban Decay Primer Potion, a Beauty Blender, First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads, 3 Sephora sheet masks, Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner & a Sephora foundation brush.

And I don't regret one bit of it. :D

Advertisement