Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Valentina wrote: »
    I had a look on theloop.ie and the only palette I don't recognise from the shops is the XX one for UD 20th anniversary.

Sometimes brands have little airport exclusive products and they're not always on the site.

Thanks for that! I think someone is after buying it for me despite me having three UD palettes and telling them not to get me anything! (sorry for how ungrateful I sound)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Was reading up about the oil cleansing method and decided to get MooGoo Oil cleanser for oily skin to see if it makes a difference. Excited to try it out :)

Also bought a full size double wear after having a sample of it for the last while, it does last quite well throughout the day and I love the finish it gives. Unfortunately it doesn't stop me getting oily during the day, but the sales assistant gave me a sample of their primer to use with it and see if it does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Just bought my second Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel, scared I'll run out and it's hard to get hold of!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Just bought my second Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel, scared I'll run out and it's hard to get hold of!

Lookfantastic.com do it. I think it was even on 3 for 2 a while back.

Lookfantastic.com do it. I think it was even on 3 for 2 a while back.

I got it for 31e on beauty bay V 38e on look fantastic :o worth it if I got 3 for 2 though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Amanda.ie wrote: »
    I have started using bare minerals, it takes a bit of getting used to following on from a mineral foundation. I really like it. I have been told I should use a primer but not bought one yet. Any tips on what I should buy?

I just bought the Catrice primer in Penneys today and really impressed with it, I think it cost about a fiver! If you have the cash then the smashbox ones are excellent too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Where would one get a beauty blender in Dublin?

If anyone is interested, I just read an article saying that you should also use it to apply your primer. Supposedly applying primer with your fingers results in a "slippery barrier". Just thought I'd mention it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If anyone is interested, I just read an article saying that you should also use it to apply your primer. Supposedly applying primer with your fingers results in a "slippery barrier". Just thought I'd mention it!

Boots sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got a few cheapo bits in Penneys yesterday as I'm poor this month.

Primer to replace the utterly useless NYX one I bought the other week.

Knock-off beauty blender to see if the also-not-great NYX foundation works any better with this.

Mini ones, mostly just cause I thought they were cute :o

And a Catrice mascara that, judging by the brush, looks like it might be a dupe for L'Oréal False Lash Flutter.

I shall report back on them all anon.

13532918_10154948463877678_5915694648525629399_n.jpg?oh=15ab2563006fdc62427f0ab4a25bfeb0&oe=57EC4D27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Dial Hard wrote: »

Knock-off beauty blender to see if the also-not-great NYX foundation works any better with this.

And a Catrice mascara that, judging by the brush, looks like it might be a dupe for L'Oréal False Lash Flutter.

13532918_10154948463877678_5915694648525629399_n.jpg?oh=15ab2563006fdc62427f0ab4a25bfeb0&oe=57EC4D27

I have that primer, actually I have all 3 catrice ones (just realised how many primers I actually own-9!!)
    It's my favorite of the 3, the pink one got brilliant reviews but I found that white one better, very smooth application and make up lasts well. It would be the one I'd choose for daily wear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I saw a tip the other day. If you apply the primer with the beauty blender prior to applying foundation supposed to give way better results. Especially for oily skin.

La.de.da wrote: »
    I saw a tip the other day. If you apply the primer with the beauty blender prior to applying foundation supposed to give way better results. Especially for oily skin.

I read that somewhere too really recently....... lol

Haha. On the Facebook I think it was :)

Must try it

La.de.da wrote: »

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

has anyone tried fuschia make-up? I've been looking for a shadow pallette that has coppery orange tones for ages thinking of trying this If I can find anywhere that stocks it
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=Fuschia+Make+Up+tribal+palette&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi20-PoncjNAhVTFMAKHaVSBjIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1242&bih=480#imgrc=97y0yU3RH-QQQM%3A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

emzibob wrote: »
    has anyone tried fuschia make-up? I've been looking for a shadow pallette that has coppery orange tones for ages thinking of trying this If I can find anywhere that stocks it
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=Fuschia+Make+Up+tribal+palette&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi20-PoncjNAhVTFMAKHaVSBjIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1242&bih=480#imgrc=97y0yU3RH-QQQM%3A

List of stockists here emzibob:

http://www.fuschia.ie/storelocator/

Ankhyu wrote: »
    *cough*

Oops :o

So, just to update on these:

This is grand. Not the best primer I've ever used but can't fault it for the price.

I'm actually really pleasantly surprised by how much I like these. My experience with make-up sponges has always been that they just suck up half your foundation, which is why I stopped using them when I was about 14. But these don't do that, at all. And the questionable NYX foundation is like a different product when applied with this. Yes, they take a bit of getting used to (I definitely recommend doing a YouTube tutorial, Kandee Johnson has a good one) and yeah, doing your foundation with this takes a bit longer than a brush or fingers, but it's worth it, imo. And the mini ones are excellent for getting into the corners of eyes, under eyes, etc. Highly recommended!

Again, I was really pleasantly surprised by this, being a bit of a L'Oréal-til-I-die girl when it comes to mascara. Lovely length and curl with no clumping. It does dry quite quickly so you've to work fast if you're doing more than one coat, but this is a perfect, cheap 'n' cheerful daytime mascara.

So, all in all, a successful haul. Much more so than the previous one!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crabbysamwich

And a Catrice mascara that, judging by the brush, looks like it might be a dupe for L'Or al False Lash Flutter.

Do you find those penneys beauty blenders good?

I treated myself to the reformulated Ysl le teint foundation this evening, I have high hopes for it after paying 40e!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have all of the above from your recently Penneys haul Dial Hard. Love the mascara, the primer is nearly all gone, need to repurchase and the beauty blenders are fine but personally I prefer using brushes to apply my make up (and the Penneys ones aren't bad at all1).

• Advertisement

Do you find those penneys beauty blenders good?

She reviewed it in the post just above yours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

When the Blank Canvas Master Series One palette came back in stock I bit the bullet and ordered it. I had a discount code and also order the Pippa palette with it. They arrived just before I went on holidays so I brought the Pippa palette with me and brought no other eye shadows, blush, highlighter etc. I don't wear much make up on holidays, just a bit at night time and I used the palette every night.

I've found that there's not as much pay off on the blusher as I would like but it is buildable. Absolutely love the eye shadows Susu and Tobi. I think Ollie is a little plain for me but would do as a base colour. I did find however that when I didn't use an eye shadow primer that the shadows did crease. Have used everything in it apart from KD. Think I will be getting plenty of use out of this and I did debate for a long time whether or not I would purchase it, it will be handy for me as I'm away one weekend a month visiting the inlaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have the Pippa palette and I don't like it. I just find the colours don't show up on my face, everything is way too light for me even though I'd be as fair as Pippa. It always looks lovely on her though.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I have all of the above from your recently Penneys haul Dial Hard. Love the mascara, the primer is nearly all gone, need to repurchase and the beauty blenders are fine but personally I prefer using brushes to apply my make up (and the Penneys ones aren't bad at all1).

This particular foundation HATES the brush and is only marginally better when applied with fingers, so the beauty blender was the difference between it going in the bin while almost brand new and being kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I just ordered these from cultbeauty.co.uk
    They have 15% off everything until midnight tonight with code BIRTHDAY and free worldwide shipping if you spend over £50

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
    ana056_anastasiabeverlyhills_modernrenaissanceeyeshadowpalette_1560x1960-y1uor.jpg

BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector in Pistachio and Peach
    bca054_becca_backlightcolourcorrectingcreme_allshades_2_1560x1960-in756.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Has anyone used the sosueme palette? Is it worth getting? Looks nice and creamy.
    Sorry if this has already been asked/discussed. Trying to get through all the older comments

I received my Colourpop order today ( I had to use a parcel forwarding company) and I'm blown away by the quality for such a low price.

I ordered some of their ultra satin lips, some of their lip liners and three eye shadows. Would highly recommend these products!

Seen dramatic mac posting about these & did some colour swatches & they looked amazing. Think she mentioned the lipsticks were only like 6 dollars or something. Definitely need to invest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I received my Colourpop order today ( I had to use a parcel forwarding company) and I'm blown away by the quality for such a low price.

I ordered some of their ultra satin lips, some of their lip liners and three eye shadows. Would highly recommend these products!

Where did you order them from? (Sorry if i've missed it!)

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Where did you order them from? (Sorry if i've missed it!)

You have to order them from the states. But as far as I know they don't ship here. So have to sign up to this company that gives you a US address that you can send your purchases to & then they forward them on to you.
    Sounds complicated, but i think it's pretty easy once you sign up. I can get you the name of the company if you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Bought the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette recently and have to say it really does live up to the hype it has received! Even the brush it comes with I find very good. Love letter in the palette is one of my favourite eye shadows to date. Love the colour options with this palette and find the pigmentation and longevity of the colour on the eyes fantastic. Would highly recommend it!

Also bought the Gleam Glow Kit recently and due to how amazing I found it I have decided to purchase the Sun Dipped Kit. Has anyone bought this and what are their thoughts on it?

Advertisement