Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

411 wrote: »
    Bought the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette recently and have to say it really does live up to the hype it has received! Even the brush it comes with I find very good. Love letter in the palette is one of my favourite eye shadows to date. Love the colour options with this palette and find the pigmentation and longevity of the colour on the eyes fantastic. Would highly recommend it!

Great to hear! I just ordered that palette yesterday. The colours look beautiful. Can't wait to to get it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Valentina wrote: »
    Great to hear! I just ordered that palette yesterday. The colours look beautiful. Can't wait to to get it! :)

Ordered it yesterday too, struggling to justify it tho as I've recently bought the Too Faced Sweet Peach one too. But I'm a sucker for warm tones so had to get it. Think that'll be my last palette now tho unless I can get my hands on the Kat Von D shade and light eye one!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Ordered it yesterday too, struggling to justify it tho as I've recently bought the Too Faced Sweet Peach one too. But I'm a sucker for warm tones so had to get it. Think that'll be my last palette now tho unless I can get my hands on the Kat Von D shade and light eye one!

Yes, I know I'm the same! Although, I'm excited to see what Beauty Bay have on offer with their Best of the USA boxes. I have seen pictures of what is included in the LA box but nothing about the Miami box yet. Has anyone hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 crabbysamwich

Doez anyone rTe rge Charlotte Tilbury Dolce vita pallette? Trying to justify it to myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

http://www.boots.ie/en/FLOWER-BY-KENZO-Eau-de-Parfum_1547776/
    Got this in SemiChem in Lisburn (NI) for £19.99 (just under €24), very exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

You have to order them from the states. But as far as I know they don't ship here. So have to sign up to this company that gives you a US address that you can send your purchases to & then they forward them on to you.
    Sounds complicated, but i think it's pretty easy once you sign up. I can get you the name of the company if you like

That'd be great thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

SB_Part2 wrote: »

It's called Go send.
    If you sign up to the vip service you can get the first 3 months free when you use the code "dramaticmac"
    If your familiar with dramatic mac she has a video about it on you tube if you want more info on it x

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Doez anyone rTe rge Charlotte Tilbury Dolce vita
    pallette? Trying to justify it to myself :)

I have the dolce vita and the vintage vamp palettes from CT and I love them! I have used the dolce vita more. The shadows are so smooth and blendable - just wish they were cheaper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

I signed up for the urban decay make up course, so I'm going to have to decide what products to redeem the cost of the course on soon enough. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I got a sample of the naked skin foundation and am in love with it, so will pick a bottle of that up. I'll probably get another bottle of setting spray too - should I stick with the all nighter or is the deslick one good? I can get oily on my forehead but nothing too bad.

I already have 3 urban decay eyeshadow palettes :o so am sorted in that regard. Really struggling to think of anything else to get, hence my post!

If you are still looking for something to pick up from UD, try the Naked Illuminations highlighter in Luminous. I went on a bit of a highlighter bender lately :o.
    Got that one and a very, very little goes a long way so good value and I also picked up the Inglot Illuminizing Loose powder in the 43 and its lovely, more for the day than the UD one imo.

Question?
    Has anyone else had issue with MUFE foundations? I have used all of them and imho they were all rubbish and a huge waste of money.
    I love the MUFE Aqua Smokey Lash. That and the Clinque have been the best mascaras I have ever used. It would take semtex to remove the Aqua Lash :D

Also just to say for fellow "Boots" addicts, they have a great offer on atm. Whe you spend over €70 you get a great beauty box free(worked out great for me as I had to buy a couple of birthday pressies, I HATE July lol)but felt I got a sneaky little something for myself.
    It has a soap and glory duo pencil, Big bottle of lovely Champneys body lotion, Soltan face 30spf, No7 Airbrush Away primer(20 odd quid alone), Botanics Purifying Face scrub and a bottle of Mark Hill volumizer. All good size items(not trial sizes)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

If you are still looking for something to pick up from UD, try the Naked Illuminations highlighter in Luminous. I went on a bit of a highlighter bender lately :o.
    Got that one and a very, very little goes a long way so good value and I also picked up the Inglot Illuminizing Loose powder in the 43 and its lovely, more for the day than the UD one imo.

Question?
    Has anyone else had issue with MUFE foundations? I have used all of them and imho they were all rubbish and a huge waste of money.
    I love the MUFE Aqua Smokey Lash. That and the Clinque have been the best mascaras I have ever used. It would take semtex to remove the Aqua Lash :D

Also just to say for fellow "Boots" addicts, they have a great offer on atm. Whe you spend over €70 you get a great beauty box free(worked out great for me as I had to buy a couple of birthday pressies, I HATE July lol)but felt I got a sneaky little something for myself.
    It has a soap and glory duo pencil, Big bottle of lovely Champneys body lotion, Soltan face 30spf, No7 Airbrush Away primer(20 odd quid alone), Botanics Purifying Face scrub and a bottle of Mark Hill volumizer. All good size items(not trial sizes)

I tried 3 different Boots for that beauty box over the weekend. The first one wasn't doing it as it wasn't a "flagship" store, and the other two were out of them. I was so disappointed :(

Could have ordered online, but my problem was that I needed to stock up on vitamins that they don't have on their website for some reason!

• Advertisement

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I tried 3 different Boots for that beauty box over the weekend. The first one wasn't doing it as it wasn't a "flagship" store, and the other two were out of them. I was so disappointed :(

Could have ordered online, but my problem was that I needed to stock up on vitamins that they don't have on their website for some reason!

Funnily enough, I looked on the Boots site last night to see if I could link it and couldn't find the offer :confused:
    I'm not sure where you are Ankhyu, but I got mine in the Jervis sc in Dublin only on Saturday and they had quite a lot of them.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Funnily enough, I looked on the Boots site last night to see if I could link it and couldn't find the offer :confused:
    I'm not sure where you are Ankhyu, but I got mine in the Jervis sc in Dublin only on Saturday and they had quite a lot of them.
    Hope this helps :)

It was only running for the weekend unfortunately so I've missed out, thanks though :) I ended up just buying the Mark Hill serum because that was the main thing in it I was excited about trying out!

Ankhyu wrote: »
    It was only running for the weekend unfortunately so I've missed out, thanks though :) I ended up just buying the Mark Hill serum because that was the main thing in it I was excited about trying out!

I posted before about trying to get goodies from Boots after the offer ended(Estee Lauder)and the girl had some left over under the counter and gave it to me(I casually mentioned missing out on the offer :pac:)
    Might be worth a shot. Will you review the Mark Hill when you use it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bought the double sided velvet tan mit from Cocoa Brown, had to throw it out after two uses. The tan dried into it so badly creating a hard crusty texture on the mit and its full of cracks. Reckon I'd scratch my skin if I tried applying tan with it now. Not sure if it's the particular tan I used (tantastic) but I just feel like velvet isn't compatable with the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

The boots offer must have run out online because it was meant to last until today.

I got it too, the mark hill serum was the one thing I wasn't too interested in as I don't really know what to do with it!

Just for anyone thinking of getting a HerClutterBox. I ordered one in Jan, got delivered in April. A month ago when I was opening the bottom drawer part of the drawer snapped off. I don't use the drawer much. It's for "going out palettes" so it's not like it broke due to overuse. They are refusing to refund me or replace it (or even just replace the broken drawer). I'm absolutely raging because it was so expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Just for anyone thinking of getting a HerClutterBox. I ordered one in Jan, got delivered in April. A month ago when I was opening the bottom drawer part of the drawer snapped off. I don't use the drawer much. It's for "going out palettes" so it's not like it broke due to overuse. They are refusing to refund me or replace it (or even just replace the broken drawer). I'm absolutely raging because it was so expensive :(
    I never heard of them so had a quick look at their website.... I can't get over the prices! I bought the exact same drawer set and nail polish rack on amazon for max 30. I'd be fuming! Can you superglue it back together?

Scraggs wrote: »
    I never heard of them so had a quick look at their website.... I can't get over the prices! I bought the exact same drawer set and nail polish rack on amazon for max 30. I'd be fuming! Can you superglue it back together?

No it's a fairly sizeable chunk that came off. For the price of it I expected it to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Contact this crowed as you may be covered under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 as you could argue that the goods were not fit for purpose given how quickly they broke.

http://thecai.ie/your-rights/your-rights/know-your-rights/

The CAI are extremely helpful. I would fire them off an email ASAP outlining everything and including all the information, etc and they should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

keredern wrote: »
    These are just fantastic!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osco-Clear-Acrylic-Tier-Sorter/dp/B003QGFB0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1432583413&sr=8-6&keywords=acrylic+storage

I bought five units & LOVE them!!! :D

Highly recommend them to any collectors as they stack perfectly & hold loads.

They are intended for A4 paper storage! :eek:

Comparison

Amazon Osco Clear acrylic box £22 (about €31) plus free delivery & Amazon's quibble free customer service

Length 320mm x Width 240mm x Height 135mm
    Drawer height 4cm

Storage volume 10368 cubic centimetres (probably a dodgy calculation!!!) :rolleyes:

Crystal Clear Herclutterbox.ie €139 plus €9.99 shipping charge

Length 250mm x Width 290mm x Height 270mm

Storage volume 19575 cubic centimetres (probably another dodgy calculation!!!)

So you could get 4 of the Amazon ones & still have change out of the cost of 1 Herclutterbox unit!!! :eek: :eek:

MUJI Acrylic Box - 5 Drawers £24.95

Dimensions: W: 260mm x H: 160mm x D: 175mm
    Internal drawer height 2.5cm

The MUJI is considerably smaller all round & the drawers are very shallow as you noted when you tried your foundation in them!
    Yes, I fit all my makeup with the exception of my ELF HD Powder container which is huge!!

If you order these, you will be delighted with them. :o

I couldn't believe how big they are. :eek:

I also had a look in the Muji shop in town & the Amazon ones are streets ahead.

Far better value too...even with the exchange rate being crap! ;)

So sorry to hear this but you should definitely contact the Consumer Association of Ireland, as Strippedboxers suggested. :(

Products must be fit for purpose, and for a reasonable period of usage...4 months would not be considered reasonable.

I believe that, even if HerClutterBox don't offer a warranty of at least one year, you are protected under Irish Consumer law (assuming they have nominated Irish law as their governing legislation if they are not based here), and the products should have lasted a minimum of two years.

If memory serves, electrical appliances, such as washing machines for example, must function correctly for a minimum of six years.

Best of luck...but don't let them away with it!!! :eek:

You could even take a small claims action against them...this might prompt them to sort it out for you.

I quoted some of my old posts above in case anyone is looking for makeup organisers.

I have mine almost two years now & they are just FANTASTIC!!! :D

I have added numerous new ones & my makeup room looks so professional & organised...not a bit like me, sadly!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've put in an application to the small claims court. When I informed HerClutterBox they said "you're entitled to do that but this would be a waste of everyone's time".

I've put in an application to the small claims court. When I informed HerClutterBox they said "you're entitled to do that but this would be a waste of everyone's time".

Lol, it certainly won't be...don't be put off by their attitude.

They are hoping that you will not bother.

If you have proof of purchase & good photos showing the damage, I would think you have a strong case.

The Small Claims Court is usually very sympathetic to well evidenced consumer cases.

Yeh I have proof of purchase and photos and I'll print out the emails.

Yeh I have proof of purchase and photos and I'll print out the emails.

Please let us know how it goes...Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Wow, just hearing that they said that to you is enough to turn me off as a potential customer. No need for that kind of customer service in this day & age.
    Hope you win your case and get sorted.

If anyone wants to see the screenshots of the emails they can PM me. I'm disgusted by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Seen dramatic mac posting about these & did some colour swatches & they looked amazing. Think she mentioned the lipsticks were only like 6 dollars or something. Definitely need to invest
    Where did you order them from? (Sorry if i've missed it!)
    You have to order them from the states. But as far as I know they don't ship here. So have to sign up to this company that gives you a US address that you can send your purchases to & then they forward them on to you.
    Sounds complicated, but i think it's pretty easy once you sign up. I can get you the name of the company if you like
    It's called Go send.
    If you sign up to the vip service you can get the first 3 months free when you use the code "dramaticmac"
    If your familiar with dramatic mac she has a video about it on you tube if you want more info on it x

ColourPop have just announced that they'll be shipping internationally from July 12th! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I've just ordered tonnes of hair products from boots online - I've had such bad luck trying new shampoos and conditioners (Garnier & OGX most recently), I'm going back to my favourite line- Loreal EverPure, it's never in stock in store so I'm forced to order it online!

Also bought the Leighton Denny crystal nail file - they're amazing, I just wish I would stop losing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Homestore and More have some great little stands :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

It looks like Kat Von D make up is coming to Debenhams in October :D

Advertisement