Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

It looks like Kat Von D make up is coming to Debenhams in October :D

Wow really? Have they announced it! Caved and bought the shade and light palette still waiting for delivery :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Wow really? Have they announced it! Caved and bought the shade and light palette still waiting for delivery :)

There's a video on the Debenhams Facebook page in which Kat Von D says it's going to be officially announced tomorrow. Can I ask where you bought it? Really want the shade and light eye palette!

Got it on Amazon but the seller is Kat Von D.. And it wasn't cheap so I know it's legit! Just hope it arrives in one piece :o is the contour pallete I'm so excited! That's amazing that it'll be in Debenhams I'm dying to try the tattoo liner and her liquid lipsticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm using the Tattoo Liner at the moment, wasn't a massive fan of it at first but I really like it now! Just took a wee bit of getting used to as I hadn't used a felt tip liner in a good while, but it's very black, and I've had it open for about 6 weeks now & no sign of it drying out at all.

Oh now I'm REALLY excited to hear this announcement tomorrow! Waiting for my new ABH palette from cult beauty (should arrive tomorrow) but already obsessing over KVDs Serpentina :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Oh now I'm REALLY excited to hear this announcement tomorrow! Waiting for my new ABH palette from cult beauty (should arrive tomorrow) but already obsessing over KVDs Serpentina :eek:

Has it been announced? I don't even know where to check this kinds news anymore, beaut.ie used to be great for beauty news, now it's 90% celeb and telly sh*te, which I can get practically anywhere else, so what's the point *rant over*

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Has it been announced? I don't even know where to check this kinds news anymore, beaut.ie used to be great for beauty news, now it's 90% celb and telly sh*t, which I can get practically anywhere else, so what's the point *rant over*

The Beautiful Truth posted about it on her instagram and snapchat yesterday, but I haven't seen it anywhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

ciaradx wrote: »
    The Beautiful Truth posted about it on her instagram and snapchat yesterday, but I haven't seen it anywhere else!

It's on the Debenhams official Facebook page.

Edit to say Kat Von D herself confirmed on Instagram that it'll be coming to Debenhams Ireland too, so not just to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Where can I buy the Too Faced sweet peach palette?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I'm having great fun experimenting with random bright shades of eyeliner at the moment, and I am LOVING the Essence gel pencils in Penneys! And they're so cheap, a lovely guilt free treat. :) The black liquid pen liner is amazing also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Bought the Cailyn eyebrow gelux in Hazelnut today. Tried it out when I got home and was very impressed.

I did one brow quite natural and the other more "going out". Really easy to use and the shade suits my ash blonde hair perfectly.

The built in brush is a great idea and is firm enough without being too stiff.

Also stocked up on Soap and Glory Clean on Me shower gel, Righteous Butter and Sugar Crush Body Scrub. Addicted to S & G Righteous Butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm in America at the moment and my bank account is annihilated. I actually can't cope with how much make up I've bought! My favourite thing I've bought so far that I've actually used is the urban decay vice lipstick in back talk. It's a comfort matte and so nice to wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm in America at the moment and my bank account is annihilated. I actually can't cope with how much make up I've bought! My favourite thing I've bought so far that I've actually used is the urban decay vice lipstick in back talk. It's a comfort matte and so nice to wear!

I got this in bad blood a few weeks ago, I love wearing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Has anybody used ysl touche eclat foundation since they changed the formula? Girl in shop said its added spf when I asked what the difference was,not sure though i thought it already had spf, it does seem a bit more chalky to me.

Got my cult beauty order yesterday- ABH Modern Renaissance palette, ABH dipbrow, and a few Morphe brushes. The palette is amazing but the brush is crap, the dipbrow I love my gamble for the shade I picked (ebony) paid off. The morphe brushes are so-so which I expected. The bigger face brushes are good but the eye brushes are way to thick not sure if I'll use them.
    Also got my KVD shade and light contour palette yesterday via parcel motel. I'm in love! But a small premonition of how broke I'll be once it's all in debenhams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

bought the smashbox lighting theory palette, absolutely divine! the liquid contour is so easy to use and looks amazeballs on. i'm a powder contour girl normally but definitely going to be more adventurous with liquid ones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Bought the Inglot HD foundation during the week. The girl in the shop was really lovely, I have oily skin and she assured me that it is good for oily skin. I'm definitely impressed from my first day using it. I only had to blot my nose and chin area once.
    I also bought an Urban Decay eyelid primer and UD misting spray for oily skin. Very impressed by them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

discount code for inglot online - INGLOTCASTLEBAR20 - 20% off until midnight Tuesday I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ordered a few bits off Simply Foxy last week. First time to use them. Very speedy dispatch although they could do better with their packaging: bubble wrap and then plastic - I'm surprised nothing broke especially as it was being delivered via An Post!
    Anyway I was having a sh!t day so I needed to cheer myself up:

Flormar Illuminating Primer - didn't need another primer but I just wanted it cos I seen bloggers talk about it. Like reviews have said it does have an overpowering scent but it soon disappears. I wore it the last 2 days using Catrice Nude Illusion foundation and its looked and lasted well all day. It won't hide your pores but I think mine didn't look too bad with the primer on. It doesn't make the skin look obviously illuminated but just faintly so, maybe naturally so?
    http://www.simplyfoxy.com/brands/flormar-illuminating-primer-makeup-base/

Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipstick in Birthday Suit - again another blogger influenced buy. Seen quite a few wearing it so I followed like a sheep. It looks nice on, bit darker on my lips compared to photos/swatches but lightens a little when it dries. Doesn't feel drying on the lips. However isn't long lasting on the lips either. Once you eat or drink anything the product disappears from the inside of your lips. I wore it to the cinema on Sat eve and by the time I got home 3 hours later, it was gone. Ah it's grand though for the price.
    http://www.simplyfoxy.com/makeup/sleek-matte-me-lipgloss-birthday-suit/

W7 Banana dreams loose powder - yet again another product that I didn't need and had gotten a good blogger review. Used it yesterday to set my under eye area. Soft powder, can't say I paid any more attention to it after that as I was busy for much of the day.
    http://www.simplyfoxy.com/makeup/pressed-powder-loose-powder/w7-banana-dreams-loose-face-powder/

The whole reason I clicked on the Simply Foxy website is because they had Rimmel products for sale for a €1. It was mainly nail polishes. I like Rimmel nail polishes so I got 4 of them!
    Breakfast in Bed http://www.simplyfoxy.com/makeup/rimmel-1-sale-60-seconds-nail-polish-873-breakfast-in-bed/
    No Tan Lines Here http://www.simplyfoxy.com/nails/rimmel-1-sale-i-love-lasting-finish-nail-polish-503-no-tan-lines-here/
    Midnight Rendezvous http://www.simplyfoxy.com/nails/rimmel-1-sale-60-seconds-nail-polish-613-midnight-rendezvous/
    Glaston-berry (this wasn't €1 but was €2.25) http://www.simplyfoxy.com/makeup/rimmel-60-seconds-super-shine-by-rita-ora-300-glaston-berry/

Haven't tried any of them yet as I have Gelish on my nails which I'm not due to get off til the end of the week. That was clever of me ordering loads of nail polish and not being able to use any of them yet!

Whole lot came to €28 which wasn't too much damage on the pocket and cheered me up (til my husband noticed I've bought MORE makeup!)

Bought the Inglot HD foundation during the week. The girl in the shop was really lovely, I have oily skin and she assured me that it is good for oily skin. I'm definitely impressed from my first day using it. I only had to blot my nose and chin area once.
    I also bought an Urban Decay eyelid primer and UD misting spray for oily skin. Very impressed by them also.

Honestly I find hairspray better than any misting spray. Cheaper too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Honestly I find hairspray better than any misting spray. Cheaper too!
    Hairspray as a settin:eek:g spray on your face?! :eek:

I've never heard of that, would it not irritate the skin on the face, no?

Hairspray as a settin:eek:g spray on your face?! :eek:

I've never heard of that, would it not irritate the skin on the face, no?

Not a bit, and I have super-sensitive skin! Makes a massive difference, make-up lasts way longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Not a bit, and I have super-sensitive skin! Makes a massive difference, make-up lasts way longer.

Sadly for me when I tried this a couple of times, it really clogged my pores. It might depend on the hairspray though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I picked this up ages ago in Superdrug. I had heard it getting good reviews and it was being fronted by a popular UK blogger, so like a sheep I bought some and threw it in the drawer.

I normally use Batiste or a Boots or Superdrug own brand dry shampoo.

So I tried this last week and this week. Don't really like it. It's not really a dry shampoo to be honest. It doesn't make my hair feel any cleaner or fresher, in fact it makes it feel like there's a lot of product build up on it. I took a very light hand with it this morning, and my hair feels likes there's a lot of product in it and I just want to wash it. So maybe it's a good product to stop you being lazy and making you wash your hair!

It does give volume and I think it would be good to give your hair some texture or if it's freshly washed and slippy and if you are doing an upstyle.

Got this month's glossyboxa and there was a blank canvas face brush in it (F20). It also came with a 30% off code for the BC site so I picked up the travel face set

http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/5-piece-face-set-2-f24-f30-f04-f05-f28.html

Pretty happy with them actually decent quality for the price! Now to go and play with the KVD palette with my new brushes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I've been using the Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid eyeliner for yeeeears, but recently I find it crap, don't know if they've changed the formula or what, but my friend said the same thing. It's not buildable, it wipes away the first layer when you try to put another on!

So I went to Boots yesterday for a look, ended up getting a gel liner from Maybelline, used it this morning for the first time and I'm pretty impressed! I was afraid of change because any time I'd tried a different liquid liner I couldn't use the really skinny brushes they came with, but found this one quite easy to use :)

They had a buy one get one half price so I picked up their Superstay 24 lipstick in Rose Dust, the lasting power is insane! I tried it out for a few hours yesterday and actually had to scrub it off my lips when I was taking off my make up. I've been wearing it for nearly 5 hours today so far, and it hasn't transferred or faded at all, even after eating and drinking. Not 100% sure that the shade I picked suits me, but I reckon I'll be getting more shades in the future! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I posted before about trying to get goodies from Boots after the offer ended(Estee Lauder)and the girl had some left over under the counter and gave it to me(I casually mentioned missing out on the offer :pac:)
    Might be worth a shot. Will you review the Mark Hill when you use it? :)

Just a few words about the Mark Hill volumising serum, it definitely works, first time I blow dried my hair after putting it in, I could definitely feel my hair "lifting" at the roots if that makes sense? It definitely looked more volumised after, however my hair never stays put, and it had fallen flat later in the day.

I have very fine hair that never holds a style, but I didn't use hairspray or anything when I tried it out, so maybe that will make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

New fav primer.....wait until you hear this. Milk of Magnesia!!!! Saw a tip on Facebook the other day and was so sceptical but tried it today and after a real hot and stuffy work event all day, my makeup has literally not budged. Can't believe it. €5.99 in Boots and i swear, it's better than any primer I've used. Amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I picked this up ages ago in Superdrug. I had heard it getting good reviews and it was being fronted by a popular UK blogger, so like a sheep I bought some and threw it in the drawer.

I normally use Batiste or a Boots or Superdrug own brand dry shampoo.

So I tried this last week and this week. Don't really like it. It's not really a dry shampoo to be honest. It doesn't make my hair feel any cleaner or fresher, in fact it makes it feel like there's a lot of product build up on it. I took a very light hand with it this morning, and my hair feels likes there's a lot of product in it and I just want to wash it. So maybe it's a good product to stop you being lazy and making you wash your hair!

It does give volume and I think it would be good to give your hair some texture or if it's freshly washed and slippy and if you are doing an upstyle.
    I bought it too after my mum read a positive review of it on beaut.ie or in the Irish Times or something like that. I absolutely hate it, to the point that I put it in a bag to donate to the charity shop, then took it out again because I would feel bad for anyone else to buy it and hate it too!
    Very sticky, dull, stringy results - it made my hair look like it had a serious amount of product built up in it, even though I use basically nothing but conditioner and shampoo on it lately! Total fail. I like the Umberto Gianni one fairly well but I'm still searching for a really good dry shampoo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

This is a good dry shampoo, doesn't give much volume though could just be my hair but its great if you want to freshen up your hair or do an upstyle etc.

https://www.boots.ie/en/Toni-Guy-Cleanse-Dry-Shampoo-250ml_1234365/

I really like this one by Herbal Essences too http://www.boots.ie/en/Herbal-Essences-Clearly-Naked-0-Dry-Shampoo-180ml_1525267/

I've tried one by Bumble & Bumble and it was awful. Left a grey cast on my hair like I had grey dandruff, horrendous.

Advertisement