Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Tried the Pennys version of the beauty blender. Wasn't a fan. It was very tough. There wasn't much bounce in it but for 2e it'll do when I'm stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I went into Sephora to pick up a new shade of foundation and spotted this Anastasia glow kit in Sun Dipped while the girl was matching me. She applied a foundation for me and then used the bronzer on the hollows of my cheeks and mixed the bottom two shades to highlight the top. It looked amazing! I was already considering it when I spotted it but once I saw how it looked when she applied it I was hooked!
    My skin is quite tanned at the moment but with this it really gives me the summer bronzed look. I have the contour kit by Anastasia as well and I'm really happy with the quality of the products.

beauty-trends-blogs-daily-beauty-reporter-2016-05-23-anastasia-beverly-hills-glow-palette-colors.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just when you mention Waxperts.... Does anyone use the Waxperts Wonder pads? I read rave reviews about them and got them but they don't seem to do anything for me. I get a couple of ingrown hairs on the inside of my calves and the pads don't seem to make any difference to me. Do you have to use them everyday?

They do absolutely nothing for me, so I'd be interested to here what anyone else thinks.

I used them nearly every day for a month and still got loads of ingrown hairs when I did my hair removal...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

(Finally) invested in Mary Louminizer highlighter from The Balm last week and can see what all the fuss is about! A bargain at €20!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

(Finally) invested in Mary Louminizer highlighter from The Balm last week and can see what all the fuss is about! A bargain at €20!

Can you get this here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

(Finally) invested in Mary Louminizer highlighter from The Balm last week and can see what all the fuss is about! A bargain at 20!

I really want to get Cindy-Lou, I think I'd get more use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

whatever76 wrote: »
    Can you get this here ?

Debenhams have it or Cloud10 beauty online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

GingerLily wrote: »

I got the set of all 3 loumanisers, fairly sure it was from cloud 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I got a sample of mask of magnaminty from Lush. Only used it once so far but it left my skin very soft and my skin looked great the next morning! And my skin didn't react to it, so it's looking good :)

I got the set of all 3 loumanisers, fairly sure it was from cloud 10.

How do you like them all??

Just bought Alpha H Liquid Gold @ 2for1 on the beauty bay, can't wait to try it out.

Also ordered Zoeva en taupe eyeshadow pallete, I've never tried their makeup before, can't wait to give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

How do you like them all??

Just bought Alpha H Liquid Gold @ 2for1 on the beauty bay, can't wait to try it out.

Also ordered Zoeva en taupe eyeshadow pallete, I've never tried their makeup before, can't wait to give it a go.

I'm very pale so I use the pinky one (Cindy-lou?) as a blusher, I use the bronzer as an eyeshadow occasionally as I don't ever use bronzer, and Mary-Lou as a highlighter obviously ;)

I really like them, I find them very natural on my skintone and not glittery which I hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

whatever76 wrote: »
    Can you get this here ?

I got mine in Debenhams! It's here on Cloud 10 either.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,475 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

NicsM wrote: »
    Which Dealz was it? That's a serious bargain!

Cork city but I assume all Dealz have them in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cork city but I assume all Dealz have them in

I saw that Poundland had them in the UK so it must be the same supplier!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

ams wrote: »
    I saw that Poundland had them in the UK so it must be the same supplier!

Poundland own Dealz so that makes sense yeah. Serious bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I ordered some colour pop products when I was on holidays and I love them. I ordered the matte lipstick in lumiere and midi. Both nude-y colours and they're really good for the price paid. I got the eyeshadows in nillionaire, Beverly, game face and drift. These are unbelievable for how little they cost. I didn't realise they were creamy and it took a bit of hit and miss with different brushes for application but I've finally got it. They are quite small but a little goes a long way.

I got the NYX colour corrector concealer in orange for dark circles and I love it. It's made a huge difference I use it with a Catrice concealer on top but I've finally managed to get rid of the black bags under my eyes.
    Also the NYX microbrow pencil is the exact same as the ABH brow wiz and is half the price.

I easily spent about $600 on make up and haven't even got around to using half of it properly yet. I feel sorry for my boyfriend when he gets back to the states because he's going to have a list the length of his arm to get me more of the bits I loved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I've a question about Mac fix plus spray. Would it be used instead of a setting spray? Or could you use both? Not sure where in my routine to add it!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I'm in dire need of a primer that will stop my makeup sliding straight off my face in this heat and humidity! I'm in Canada so not sure which brands are available here and also that don't cost the earth...I've never been to Sephora, would it be worth going in there for a look? I know there's an NYX shop nearby as well...any help would be much appreciated!

I like maybelline baby skin, it's more a smoothing primer buy wil help makeup stay put.

Have you tried a setting spray?

I haven't actually, would that be better than a primer I wonder? The main issue is my nose, for some reason since I moved here I put on my makeup in the morning and half an hour later it's as shiny as anything!

In the interest of keeping on topic, I've been using the Nip&Fab glycolic pads for the last few weeks as my skin has been acting up. I can't say I've seen a huge improvement but I think they may have helped...they were on offer when I got them and I LOVE the smell so I'll keep going with them for the moment but might try something different once I run out.

• Advertisement

I haven't actually, would that be better than a primer I wonder? The main issue is my nose, for some reason since I moved here I put on my makeup in the morning and half an hour later it's as shiny as anything!

In the interest of keeping on topic, I've been using the Nip&Fab glycolic pads for the last few weeks as my skin has been acting up. I can't say I've seen a huge improvement but I think they may have helped...they were on offer when I got them and I LOVE the smell so I'll keep going with them for the moment but might try something different once I run out.

I'd really recommend the pixi glow tonic, I didn't like the nip and fab wipes at all and tried some of their other glycolic range and it didn't suit my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I'd really recommend the pixi glow tonic, I didn't like the nip and fab wipes at all and tried some of their other glycolic range and it didn't suit my skin.

Another vote for the Glow Tonic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just used the moogoo soap to clean my make up brushes with the little rubber cleaner that slips into your fingers from Penneys. Absolutely brilliant and all of the brushes are sparkly clean and it took hardly any time at all to clean them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I was just coming to report on the Penneys brush cleaner too Wellyd, it's the job! Took seconds to wash a really manky eyeshadow brush. Best couple of euro I spent in a while.
    Also got a sample of the Flormar primer and it's excellent, definitely going to buy it next time I'm in the pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Where do you guys normally buy Pixi Glow Tonic? I've been using the Nip and Fab pads too and haven't really noticed any major improvement. Is it only available online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Where do you guys normally buy Pixi Glow Tonic? I've been using the Nip and Fab pads too and haven't really noticed any major improvement. Is it only available online?

Marks and Spencer in Dublin sell it in their beauty halls. Not sure where else

Marks and Spencer in Dublin sell it in their beauty halls. Not sure where else

Yes and you can order it to the store also (2 day delivery). They sell 100ml online in M&S if you want to try it out. I'm going to order the small one soon for travelling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

I got mine last week on cloud10beauty, sign up to their emails, they've been giving out discount codes lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Picked up a Wet n Wild blush in Penneys last week in apricot-in the middle, it's absolutely lovely and so cheap, 3.99 I think. Picked up two more today, mellow wine and rose champagne. Looking forward to trying them out.

Advertisement