Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Roe_22

I've a question about Mac fix plus spray. Would it be used instead of a setting spray? Or could you use both? Not sure where in my routine to add it!

I don't think it's a setting spray, it's a finishing spray. It doesn't set your make up or prolong its wear. I would usually use it just before I put on my foundation, and sometimes afterwards if I put on too much and it's cakey/powdery looking. It's also good it you spray it on your eyeshadow brush when using glittery/shimmer shadows, it makes them more vibrant looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I use fix plus to dampen my beauty blender before concealer and it works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Not sure if this is old news but they're now stocking Beauty Blenders and the cleaning solution in Boots on Half Moon St in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Anyone here ever order off Huda beauty? Just wondering how long delivery takes and if customs costs were charged. Dying to try their liquid lipsticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

So I had a one4all gift card burning a hole in my pocket and decided to splash out on some higher end makeup.

Went into BT in Galway and had such a helpful girl at the Mac counter.
    I was looking for a new blush as the old bourjois one I had was gone and discontinued and any others I had bought lately were too pigmented for daytime in work.
    She recommended Lovecloud - and I have to say it's exactly what I was looking for. A little wash of colour that's natural and buildable.
    https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13842/329/Products/Makeup/Face/Blush/Powder-Blush#/shade/Lovecloud

I wanted the lipstick Impassioned so I picked that up aswell, love amplified lipsticks from Mac. It lasts really well and leave a lovely tint on the lips.
    https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13854/310/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick#/shade/Impassioned

Lastly I picked up the bronzer Give Me Sun, another product I was after. Love the tone of it, but I've learned that it needs a light enough hand.
    https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13849/30734/Products/Makeup/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish-Natural#/shade/Give_Me_Sun%21

Popped over to Debenhams and debated over picking up Urban Decay Riff. I didn't need another eyeshadow at all. But I kinda wanted it and I don't live anywhere near Debenhams and I didn't want to regret not getting it, especially when I had a gift card. In the end I bought it and have been wearing it nearly everyday this past week. The lasting on it is great, doesn't crease, good colour payoff. I've only used it all over the lid and blended out, must try a few other shades with it.
    http://www.urbandecay.com/new-urban-decay-eyeshadows/328.html?cgid=1_502#start=9&cgid=1_502

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Just ordered a Becca highlighter set

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-opal-glow-on-the-go-collection.html

They're only small but I'll only need a little. I have the Balm maryloumanizer so it'll be interesting to see how they compare!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Anyone tempted to get Nikkie Tutorials collection? I can't decide. I'm holding out for the Serpentina palette to be in KVDs collection in debenhams. Also saw UD announced their ultimate basics palette today it looks awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I bought the StylPro Brush Cleaner last week and it's simply amazing! If only it would clean sponges too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I've been keeping out of this thread because it's been the cause of a lot of purchases. I've tried a lot of new products, and will write my opinions on them when I have used them a bit more. I'm mad to buy anastasia modern Renaissance palette though.

Loreal clay shampoo and conditioner. First impressions, I was very impressed. I have psoriasis though and I think prolonged use has mildly irritated it more.

Loreal extraordinary oil for coloured hair.
    So far, I'm loving it. Time will tell though.

Cocoa brown - tough stuff
    It's certainly tough! Today was day two using it with a mitt, and it drew blood!
    Not a lot, just over a little dry patch on my leg but I really feel like it's giving me a good exfoliation.

Cocoa brown - rose gold dry oil
    Beautiful colour, loved it. But it just doesn't seem to last on my skin. The longevity of it left me underwhelmed.

Coco well coconut oil - aldi
    Lol I am getting tanned on Friday and I'm trying to sort out my dry legs. I'm hoping this does the trick. I'm loving it, leaves my skin feeling lovely, looking healthy and not too greasy as I can't bear that oil feeling on my body.

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Anyone tempted to get Nikkie Tutorials collection? I can't decide. I'm holding out for the Serpentina palette to be in KVDs collection in debenhams. Also saw UD announced their ultimate basics palette today it looks awesome!

AHHHHH very excited for the UD palette, I love their other naked basics, can't wait to swatch it in store ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Been using Catrice Nude Illusion foundation for the last few weeks. It's only ok, I'm not mad about it to be honest. It seems to break down and separate on my nose for some reason, even when I use a primer before and powder after. Just my nose, the rest of my face seems to be ok and I haven't noticed this happen with any other foundation. I also notice I need to powder again at lunchtime which I don't with some other foundations.

But I'm a stickler and I'll keep using it til it's gone - I've loads of foundations sitting in my drawer and I really want to try the new Catrice HD foundation and also Flormar's perfect coverage foundation but I need to use up some of what I have at home first!!

Made an order with cult beauty, becca shimmering skin powder in pearl and got a free liquid shimmering skin perfector in moonstone (20ml). Then I got a beauty blender and free beauty blender soap, solid and liquid.
    Also bought travel size mac strobe cream today and a free lipstick in 'hue' with back to mac!

Also

Mac strobe cream 50ml = 34e
    Mac strobe cream 30ml =10e

WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

GingerLily wrote: »
    Made an order with cult beauty, becca shimmering skin powder in pearl and got a free liquid shimmering skin perfector in moonstone (20ml). Then I got a beauty blender and free beauty blender soap, solid and liquid.
    Also bought travel size mac strobe cream today and a free lipstick in 'hue' with back to mac!

Also

Mac strobe cream 50ml = 34e
    Mac strobe cream 30ml =10e

WTF???
    Yeah the price difference is crazy I only noticed when the sales person pointed it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Been using Catrice Nude Illusion foundation for the last few weeks. It's only ok, I'm not mad about it to be honest. It seems to break down and separate on my nose for some reason, even when I use a primer before and powder after. Just my nose, the rest of my face seems to be ok and I haven't noticed this happen with any other foundation. I also notice I need to powder again at lunchtime which I don't with some other foundations.

But I'm a stickler and I'll keep using it til it's gone - I've loads of foundations sitting in my drawer and I really want to try the new Catrice HD foundation and also Flormar's perfect coverage foundation but I need to use up some of what I have at home first!!
    I had exactly the same experience with that foundation. I tried it with and without primer, with and without powder, over serum alone and over various moisturizers. Nothing worked, so in the end I binned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psawyer

Makeupmonster recommended a primer by deciem last week so I had to purchase. I dont know how to link. Early days so far but its being brilliant. I have very temperamental skin and foundation can sit on it but this makes my foundation sit perfectly. They're a Canadian company but I ordered it last Friday and it was here by Wednesday and free shipping too. They do other skin products too and at a reasonable enough price.

Currently using m2k beaute lash activating serum. On day 3. Will let you know how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Guys I lost my handbag makeup bag need to get replacements today but don't want the exact same stuff in case I find it! I need
    -face primer to replace my UD one
    - eye primer to replace UD one
    - brow stuff to replace ABH dipbrow (although I'll have to get this again)
    - travel palette in place of UD flushed
    - Mascara to replace UD perversion
    - lipsticks and mineral to replace Fuschia (but I might just stick with them)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! A lot!
    X

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Guys I lost my handbag makeup bag need to get replacements today but don't want the exact same stuff in case I find it! I need
    -face primer to replace my UD one
    - eye primer to replace UD one
    - brow stuff to replace ABH dipbrow (although I'll have to get this again)
    - travel palette in place of UD flushed
    - Mascara to replace UD perversion
    - lipsticks and mineral to replace Fuschia (but I might just stick with them)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! A lot!
    X

Could recommend loads but def have to recommend

Eye primer - catrice prime and fine eyeshadow base! Its the one in the tube, absolutely fantastic results for around 4 quid. You will get it in pennys, its replaced my ud primer potion at a fraction of the price :)

Brows - nyx tame and frame pomade. Ive never tried ABH dipbrow but this is really good, got it in boots in the shade espresso and I love it, so easy to use, think it was around the 7 euro mark

Currently using m2k beaute lash activating serum. On day 3. Will let you know how I get on!

I really want this but currently can't justify the price, let me know how it goes please, it looks too good to be true! :)

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I really want this but currently can't justify the price, let me know how it goes please, it looks too good to be true! :)
    I'll be honest and say I didn't pay for it. I'm
    Not being paid for using it either. Just don't want to mislead anyone in a review. I'm going to take before and after pics to see if I can see a noticeable difference rather than feel like there is. I have quite short natural lashes so if it's ever going to work it should work on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Not being paid for using it either. Just don't want to mislead anyone in a review. I'm going to take before and after pics to see if I can see a noticeable difference rather than feel like there is. I have quite short natural lashes so if it's ever going to work it should work on mine.

I've used this and it genunely does work! I actually bought a second tube of it! My mother started using it and made such a difference to her lashes! Make sure you use it every night and in couple weeks you will notice! It is very expensive but does last! I got it 4 years ago and the second tube maybe 3 years ago! ( I know I should be still using them but I do!! Can't throw it out when still loads of product)

Thanks for being up front! Would trust your judgement anyway, can't wait to see what you think. Really tempted to buy it, my lashes are crap. Can I ask where you'd recommend buying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Get it on the m2beaut website don't know can you buy in it shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Has anyone used the new Catrice HD foundation? Tested it today, but didn't buy because I wasn't sure about the shade. I thought 10 was a bit pale but 20 just seemed wayyyy too pink. If I was going for one I'd lean towards 10 I think, but just curious if anyone's tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Valentina wrote: »
    I just ordered these from cultbeauty.co.uk

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette

BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector in Pistachio and Peach

An update on the BECCA Colour Corrector if anyone is interested :)

The Peach corrector is amazing on my under eyes. I pat a thin layer on, leave it a couple of minutes and then buff my foundation over it. The blue/purple under my eyes is completely removed, my eyes look rested and not 'hollow', even on only a few hours sleep. Incredible result. I love it and will definitely repurchase.

The Pistachio one is not as successful for me. I have tried dotting it over small red spots. It just melts in and disappears. Totally ineffective. When I apply foundation over it, I can still see redness coming through. I've tried applying more and even dotting concealer over but it just doesn't work for me. Disappointing as the Peach one is so good but I won't be repurchasing.

Apart from opening the ABH palette and admiring the colours, I haven't used it yet. I'm saving it for a holiday next month as I think the colours will suit me for subtle day and more dramatic night looks and it saves me packing dozens of single eyeshadows or additional palettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Has anyone used the new Catrice HD foundation? Tested it today, but didn't buy because I wasn't sure about the shade. I thought 10 was a bit pale but 20 just seemed wayyyy too pink. If I was going for one I'd lean towards 10 I think, but just curious if anyone's tried it?

Yes, I've been using it the last two weeks.

It's about medium coverage blends out nicely with a brush.

I didn't use my sponge because I reckon it would soak up too much due to the thin consistency, (but maybe not!).

My skin is really poor at the moment (sore & dry) so can't really give a fair review.

But I do think it will work very well for me when this bad patch has passed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I might have to consider remortgaging the cat because I've been using a really decent-sized sample of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum for the past few weeks and I absolutely love it - my pores are visibly refined, little acne scars are fading, moisturiser applies and absorbs beautifully, makeup looks fab after using it (I've used it in the morning a couple of times as well as at night) - it's kind of a wonder product! I love the scent too. It's sooo expensive though.
    In an ideal world I'd use Lancome Genifique for day and Estee Advanced for night but currently can't really justify the price of a good coat or half a holiday on a couple of bottles of skincare stuff... particularly when I need a new cleanser and want a new perfume, too...

Incidentally, has anyone tried the Zara perfumes? I tried one a few months back and loved it but couldn't figure out which one i liked again when I went to buy it! How are they re staying power, not starting to smell like wee after a few hours (genuine problem I've had with cheap perfumes in the past) etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

dee_mc wrote: »
    I might have to consider remortgaging the cat because I've been using a really decent-sized sample of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum for the past few weeks and I absolutely love it - my pores are visibly refined, little acne scars are fading, moisturiser applies and absorbs beautifully, makeup looks fab after using it (I've used it in the morning a couple of times as well as at night) - it's kind of a wonder product! I love the scent too. It's sooo expensive though.
    In an ideal world I'd use Lancome Genifique for day and Estee Advanced for night but currently can't really justify the price of a good coat or half a holiday on a couple of bottles of skincare stuff... particularly when I need a new cleanser and want a new perfume, too...

Incidentally, has anyone tried the Zara perfumes? I tried one a few months back and loved it but couldn't figure out which one i liked again when I went to buy it! How are they re staying power, not starting to smell like wee after a few hours (genuine problem I've had with cheap perfumes in the past) etc?

Can usually pick up 100ml of the EL night repair in the Loop for about €108 and there are often discount codes going around too which knock another bit off. That's significantly cheaper than BT or Debehhams etc. Also worth noting that the Lancôme one contains significantly more alcohol, which can be drying on the skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

@dee-mac worth checking the likes of adverts sometimes bottles of advanced night repair are up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

@dee-mac There's currently an EL advanced night repair serum in TK Maxx stephens green branch for about seventy quid.

Advertisement