Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I bought Benefit big beautiful eyes at the airport the other day for only €20!

4122upwx5glaa300.jpg

I tried on loads of Benefit cosmetics at the counter and the next day I woke up with a swollen eye, I think it was the eye bright that did it because i'd only tested it on that one eye. Pity cos I really liked it :(

Airport lighting makes it very hard to buy make up I think, I loved almost everything under the make up department lights, went to the bathroom and none of the colours looked right, if only everywhere had that lighting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

pampootie wrote: »
    I've used that! Thought it was brilliant, although the actual peeling process is disgusting.

Used it loved it disgusted by it too lol amt of skin that peeled off my feet was unreal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

i bought rimmel day and night mascara last week and i must say i was very impressed by it! think it's better than most of the more expensive ones eg. lancome, estee lauder and dior!!!

LOVE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Tayla wrote: »
    I bought Benefit big beautiful eyes at the airport the other day for only €20!

4122upwx5glaa300.jpg

I tried on loads of Benefit cosmetics at the counter and the next day I woke up with a swollen eye, I think it was the eye bright that did it because i'd only tested it on that one eye. Pity cos I really liked it :(

Airport lighting makes it very hard to buy make up I think, I loved almost everything under the make up department lights, went to the bathroom and none of the colours looked right, if only everywhere had that lighting!!
    where you get it for 20eur? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

booboo88 wrote: »

Airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

lizt wrote: »
    Yeah, the pictures on the box aren't pretty!

my feet were worse than those pictures! had to keep them out of my boyfriends sight for about 10 days. invest in bedsocks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

lizt wrote: »
    Currently sitting with this on my feet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhH1utNYn4vPH3qawkQdv440PK6fv2mL5oYUZoMYGDUrmf0SbZPw

It's supposed to get rid of dry skin on feet, after 4 weeks of flip flops in America, I definitely have plenty to get rid of! I'll let you know how it goes, got it for 20 euro in Hickey's Pharmacy.

the pic for this wont come up on my computer :( can someone tell me the name of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

PlayGirl wrote: »
    the pic for this wont come up on my computer :( can someone tell me the name of it??

SoftSole Exfoliating Foot Peel

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

SoftSole Exfoliating Foot Peel

it's reduced to €12.99 in Unicare in Nutgrove in Dublin if that's of use to anyone - I bought it there for €20 a month or two ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

booboo88 wrote: »

It was at dublin airport, if you know anyone flying out soon you can get it for €18 if you use their new online shopping service (where the staff at the airport shops pick up your shopping for you and you collect it when you're flying. Sorry I can't check the exact details at the mo because their website is down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I normally get my eyebrows done professionally because I'm terrified of making a hames of it but it's been a few months, my eyebrows are in need of a little TLC and when I saw this for half price in Boots (€4.14 IIRC) I decided to give it a whirl.

The kit contains a small tube of roll on wax, 25 wax strips and a little wooden spatula. I carefully marked my eyebrows and as per the instructions heated the wax tube in a cup up of water and waited 3 mins.

The wax is very easy to apply and simply glides on. I pressed one of the wax strips to my brow, waited a few secs and then pulled the strip away.

Most of the wax remained behind on my skin in a sticky gloopy mess and the strip had a solitary hair sticking to it. I decided to try again on my other brow and had the same effect. Even the very fine hairs between my brows stayed put.

I decided to to leave the wax cool for a minute thinking maybe it was too warm and watery. When I tried again on my brow I had a bit more success (3 or 4 hairs came away) but still not great.

I ended up fishing out my trusty Tweezerman and spent the next 20 mins painstakingly plucking the hairs away.

I'm just relieved I didn't pay full price for this. While the roll on is good for precision, the wax itself is hopeless. Very disappointing product.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Benefit - Smokin' Eyes.

benefit-smokin-eyes2.jpg

I bought this a while ago, think it was about 39 euro in Debenhams. Anyway, I love it. I pretty much use it every day. The base colour eye shadow (the grey-ish one) is perfect and I adore the highlighter. I've also found that it doesn't crease at all, even after hours of wear so totally worth the money, imo.

I find the eyeliner a bit crap, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Got the sleek i-divine original eyeshadow palette at the weekend.

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/en/products/original-i-divine-palette-218.aspx

Love it! Really cheap and the colours are all lovely. Bit shimmery but not too much. So tempted by the other ones now :) This should tide me over til I can afford UD naked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I bought John Frieda Three day Straight Styling Spray and tried it on Tuesday, so am on day three today. Was dying to try this, had heard such ood things about it but I'm really disappointed. On the directions it says to use 7-14sprays depending on the frizziness/curliness of your hair. My hair would be quite wild and I've loads of it, so I used 10sprays as I've heard people say 14 sprays was too much. My hair felt so heavy after I'd sprayed but when I dried it and used GHD it felt somewhat better and was perfectly straight but so lifeless.

On day two after sleeping on it, it wasn't perfectly straight and I actually cheated and ran the GHD over it. It felt so greasy but didn't look too bad except for still being flat. Although yesterday eveing my mam did say I could do with doing something with my hair!:eek:

I usually only wash my hair twice a week and it never looks greasy but this morning I am dying to wash my hair and my hair is not straight at all.

I'm really disappointed. Did I do something wrong? Anybody got any experience with this product? I think I'll it once more, prehaps using less sprays and see if it works better.

I also bought and have tried it over last few days Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Gradual Tan Lotion and think it is fab! It smells sooooo good nothing like other tans or gradual tanners! It gives great coverage- real natural tan, no tangerineness and is so easy to apply! Its definitely my new fave tan!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

a local chemist was having a Nuxe promotion recently and I was sucked into getting 2 products - but how glad I am.

The oil is fantastic - makes skin so soft and smells so nice. Also works on hair and scalp.

http://en.nuxe.com/les-soins/huile-prodigieuse-fiche-26.html

The moisturiser really seems to make my skin feel a bit tighter...

http://en.nuxe.com/les-soins/creme-merveillance-fiche-52.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I bought John Frieda Three day Straight Styling Spray and tried it on Tuesday, so am on day three today. Was dying to try this, had heard such ood things about it but I'm really disappointed. On the directions it says to use 7-14sprays depending on the frizziness/curliness of your hair. My hair would be quite wild and I've loads of it, so I used 10sprays as I've heard people say 14 sprays was too much. My hair felt so heavy after I'd sprayed but when I dried it and used GHD it felt somewhat better and was perfectly straight but so lifeless.

On day two after sleeping on it, it wasn't perfectly straight and I actually cheated and ran the GHD over it. It felt so greasy but didn't look too bad except for still being flat. Although yesterday eveing my mam did say I could do with doing something with my hair!:eek:

I usually only wash my hair twice a week and it never looks greasy but this morning I am dying to wash my hair and my hair is not straight at all.

I'm really disappointed. Did I do something wrong? Anybody got any experience with this product? I think I'll it once more, prehaps using less sprays and see if it works better.

I thought this stuff was rubbish, it made zero difference to my hair, I had to straighten it as normal the very next day!

Bit disappointed because I'd read magazine reviews saying it was amazing, worked perfectly etc. My hair isn't curly just kinky really so maybe it wasn't for my hair type, but it was still annoying to see it made absolutely no difference! Also the bottle is tiny for something you're supposed to use 7-14 sprays of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Novella wrote: »
    Benefit - Smokin' Eyes.

benefit-smokin-eyes2.jpg

I bought this a while ago, think it was about 39 euro in Debenhams. Anyway, I love it. I pretty much use it every day. The base colour eye shadow (the grey-ish one) is perfect and I adore the highlighter. I've also found that it doesn't crease at all, even after hours of wear so totally worth the money, imo.

I find the eyeliner a bit crap, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it.
    i got it on ebay for 15 including postage :) but yea eye liner is crap but have the bad gal one anyway :)

benefit eyecon
    got the new benefit maggie collection, cheap on ebay too, its a factory reject cuz rather than toasty liner its the smoking.
    ive gone a bit benefit and ebay mad:o

i also got bobbi brown mascara

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

Just got this Maximum Definition Volume Mascara the other day after hearing good things about their mascaras in a few blogs and reviews.

ess_MaxDefMascara_N_11.png

I couldn't really remember which ones people had said were good and which weren't so I went for the volume one coz I usually use lengthening ones and wanted a bit of a change.

I find it doesn't really do much for length but it really does give nice volume. It's got a nice bendy plastic wand rather than a bristly brush, which I love but might not be everyone's cup of tea. Some people have said they find it a bit flaky but I wore it for about 14 hours yesterday and went out and it survived all the wear and heat. The colour is a little fake and grey and the texture is a little coarse but for the money I wasn't expecting absolutely perfect results.

Overall, it's really good for the money, it does give volume and doesn't clump or give the dreaded spider eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thefireinside

Tan Organic = Worst Tan EVER! I know i'm a little late to the game but a friend of mine swears by it so I finally tried it, biggest waste of money, I'm actually raging over it! Its awful! Smells bad, hard to apply, have to use loads, my feet were rotten after it!! Back to St. Moriz :D

Benefit They're Real mascara... Very very good! I hated Bad Gal so was skeptical... The only thing I'll say is it is quite drying so hard to reapply after a few hours but still, lovely long lashes :D

Benefit They're Real mascara... Very very good! I hated Bad Gal so was skeptical... The only thing I'll say is it is quite drying so hard to reapply after a few hours but still, lovely long lashes :D

Really want to try this but don't want to waste money if its going to dry up, I found Bad Gal dried up after a month and I couldn't use it any more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thefireinside

Bad Gal is probably the worst mascara I've ever used! Was halfway down my face after an hour!

I meant that They're Real dried on my lashes very quickly, like when I went to top up after a few hours its very hard to do so! It a myth to think mascara will last properly all night so I wouldnt use this for a night time, I'd go back to Diorshow or Lancome Virtuose myself! But daytime its very good.

They're on a big 'lets show everyone that passes the Benefit counter our new mascara' thing so pop in some day with no mascara and ask to try it and see how you feel after the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

37600.gif

Got this today,so far so good.It seems to cur quite well but since its the only one ive used I can't really judge that well but theres a definite improvment.

preview-essence-gel-eyeliner-brush-L-__7hRn.jpeg

So far I'm am terribly horrific at appyling this but it's really dark black.Comes off easy enough with make up remover thankfully since at the moment it is practiacally at my eyebrows.Practice makes perfect I hope though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Picked myself up a tube if garnier BB cream today can't wait to try it! Also got a models own good eye creme. Picked up two angelica polishes in penny's too a purple glitter one and a black one.

Saw my first catrice stand today (can never find it anywhere!) could t stop to browse as boyfriend was with me and sick of me shopping! Which catrice products would you rate the best? Must pick up a few next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Picked myself up a tube if garnier BB cream today can't wait to try it! Also got a models own good eye creme. Picked up two angelica polishes in penny's too a purple glitter one and a black one.

Saw my first catrice stand today (can never find it anywhere!) could t stop to browse as boyfriend was with me and sick of me shopping! Which catrice products would you rate the best? Must pick up a few next time

The nail polishes are really good! Loads of pretty colours and they're cheap too. I have one of the lipsticks as well, and I like it. Not amazingly long-lasting, but good for the price :) Have also heard great things about their eyeshadows, but I haven't actually tried any of them.

Kdylass wrote: »
    a local chemist was having a Nuxe promotion recently and I was sucked into getting 2 products - but how glad I am.

The oil is fantastic - makes skin so soft and smells so nice. Also works on hair and scalp.

http://en.nuxe.com/les-soins/huile-prodigieuse-fiche-26.html

The moisturiser really seems to make my skin feel a bit tighter...

http://en.nuxe.com/les-soins/creme-merveillance-fiche-52.html

+ 1 on this oil, Its gorgeous for hair, skin, cheeks and even lips
    It's quite expensive (Eur 25.00) but def worth the investment as it lasts ages :)

Has anyone tried the new lancome product? dont know the name of it but there's big hype about it, dying to try it !!!

Oh, let us know what you think of BB cream!

Like all of Catrice stuff I've tried!

Gel eyeliner- really black colour, nice consistency and has great staying power

Gel liner application brush- makes applying the liner really easy!

Lashes to kill mascara- has a small wand which makes it easy to apply to all lashes. I find it adds volume to lashes rather than makes them longer. Really liked this. Doesn't smudge either or clump

Lash plus lash growth volume mascara- Only using this a week or so. I don't think it adds volume to lashes but definitely lenghtens them, great for bottom lashes. Tend to use this and lashes to kill together.

Ultimate shine lipsticks- Have great pigmentation, comes in lots of different colours, last maybe 3-4 hours. They are packaged to look really expensive too

Photofinish liquid foundation (18hours)- It definietly doesn't last 18hours but about 8-10hours. Applies really nicely and gives good coverage. Only thing is it smells disgusting at first but once you apply it to the face, the smell disappears.

Nail Varnishes- Lovely colours, apply easily but tend to chip after a day or two!

As you can see I'm a bit of a Catrice fan, really nice to find a cheap brand, that doesn't give cheap quality! Looking forward to trying their blushes, they have really nice colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Has anyone ever tried Urban Decay big fatty mascara? Wondering if it's worth the money. I really liked BadGal from Benefit but I was only using a sample size from one of their sets so wouldn't want a large tube to dry out too quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

e1bcd54a858a2e020c1baf84b23f0c70.png

Inglot 391 eyeshadow. €10
    It's just a black eyeshadow, mostly for putting over eyeliner. I love the pigmentation, much better than the Rimmel one I'd been using before. I didn't know there was an Inglot in Jervis now, gonna be very difficult not to buy all their eyeshadows! Love all the colours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

porefessional.jpg

Haven't really used it yet but thought it seemed to work when the girl tried it on for me at the Benefit counter.

and

they're%20real%20mascara.JPG?1307446183

Very impressed with how this looked on but found it felt kind of dry. It was also very hard to remove!

Advertisement