Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Valentina wrote: »
    An update on the BECCA Colour Corrector if anyone is interested :)

The Peach corrector is amazing on my under eyes. I pat a thin layer on, leave it a couple of minutes and then buff my foundation over it. The blue/purple under my eyes is completely removed, my eyes look rested and not 'hollow', even on only a few hours sleep. Incredible result. I love it and will definitely repurchase.

The Pistachio one is not as successful for me. I have tried dotting it over small red spots. It just melts in and disappears. Totally ineffective. When I apply foundation over it, I can still see redness coming through. I've tried applying more and even dotting concealer over but it just doesn't work for me. Disappointing as the Peach one is so good but I won't be repurchasing.

Thanks a mill for the review!! My under eyes are looking bruised these days and nothing seems to cover them. Will definitely be purchasing.

Picked up Bourjois primer earlier. Was using the Rimmel one but got a bit meh on me. Boots have an offer on Nivea skincare so I picked up the Q10 eye cream and serum for half price.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I've been using the Nivea for Men post shave balm as a primer the past few weeks and I have to say it really lives up to the hype! My skin looks so smooth and pores are non-existent with it, but I don't find it clogging up my skin either. And because it's such a good sized bottle and I need to use so little, it'll last ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

ShazGV wrote: »
    I've been using the Nivea for Men post shave balm as a primer the past few weeks and I have to say it really lives up to the hype! My skin looks so smooth and pores are non-existent with it, but I don't find it clogging up my skin either. And because it's such a good sized bottle and I need to use so little, it'll last ages. :)

Agree I use this as well, best primer I've ever used. At first I was reluctant because, well it's Nivea for men, but it really is good. I find a very little bit goes a long way though, and if I even use just a tiny bit too much it can make me look a bit shiny, especially in photos, so it's important to use just the tiniest amount. I can see the bottle I have lasting ages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

GingerLily wrote: »
    Made an order with cult beauty, becca shimmering skin powder in pearl and got a free liquid shimmering skin perfector in moonstone (20ml). Then I got a beauty blender and free beauty blender soap, solid and liquid.
    Also bought travel size mac strobe cream today and a free lipstick in 'hue' with back to mac!

My order came in, I love the highlighter, looks so natural on my pale skin, it's bizarrely really slimming!

The free cream highlighter sample is gorgeous and very generous.

Not sure about the beauty blender though - I'm going to try it with a heavier foundation and see how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Anyone tempted to get Nikkie Tutorials collection? I can't decide. I'm holding out for the Serpentina palette to be in KVDs collection in debenhams. Also saw UD announced their ultimate basics palette today it looks awesome!

Just in case anyone is interested in this, it's on sale today online. Debenhams has made an absolute hash of it so it's not listed under Too Faced but rather Nikki Tutorials so it's not even spelled correctly!:rolleyes: Will just pop the link here in case anyone was thinking of purchasing!

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_154614111499_-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Just in case anyone is interested in this, it's on sale today online. Debenhams has made an absolute hash of it so it's not listed under Too Faced but rather Nikki Tutorials so it's not even spelled correctly!:rolleyes: Will just pop the link here in case anyone was thinking of purchasing!

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_154614111499_-1

Ohh I am sooo tempted as I've hit Too Faced hard lately.... but is it worth it vs their chocolate bars, for the shadow insurance and purple mascara alone???

Managed to replace a lot of my misplaced items this week..
    - Too faced hangover primer: This smells unread and is a really fab primer. Wondering how long itll last though...
    - Too Faced BTS Mascara (Original): Not sure why I didnt go for the waterproof one, but wow its great
    - Benifit kabrow in shade 5: Should have gone against the girl in store and gotten shade 6, I get my brows done HD and they are black, and this shade is clearly lighter than my brows. It's a great product though
    - Got the Naked Flushed palette again I couldnt see a similar small palette anywhere
    - 2 X Vice lippies in Comfort Matte: Wow. The hype is real!! They are amazing and I fear for my bank account cos I want so many more!

Did not know that Matt O Flaterty's chemist in Galway sold Zoeva. Bought the nude spectrum palette yesterday and plan on going back for more next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I use Ultrabland to remove my make-up as I use quite strong topical acne medication and this removes make-up without drying out the skin. I had to get a new pot yesterday and finally had 5 pots to return to Lush to get the free face mask (this has taken approximately 2 years). I chose BB Seaweed which is a caolin mask and meant for removing excess oil. I like the texture of my skin today, it looks bright. They recommend throwing the masks out after 3 weeks, so i'll give it another go in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

If anyone wants a *really* hard-wearing liquid liner, get yourselves down to Boots and try Seventeen Tattoo Me. It lasted through a night out, a sleep and a shower, and it's less than €7 :eek:

I was less impressed by Rimmel's new mascara that's meant to gradually tint your lashes. It's a grand mascara but I've been using it daily for 2 weeks and not a hint of a tint there! It'll be back to my beloved L'oreal after this tube is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

anna080 wrote: »
    Did not know that Matt O Flaterty's chemist in Galway sold Zoeva. Bought the nude spectrum palette yesterday and plan on going back for more next week.

I got the nude spectrum palette a couple of weeks ago and am seriously in love. I can't see myself using anything else for a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Logged onto FB and spotted a post by Kylie cosmetics and ended up buying three of her lip kits on a whim. Ordered Maliboo, Ginger and Lovebite. Need to unfollow that FB page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Logged onto FB and spotted a post by Kylie cosmetics and ended up buying three of her lip kits on a whim. Ordered Maliboo, Ginger and Lovebite. Need to unfollow that FB page!!

Absolutely fuming with stupid kylie lipkits. Had 2 of the birthday edition mini matte sets in my cart the other night after trying for so long to get them. Put in all my delivery details and credit card info and when it came time to confirm the purchase it flashed up out of stock. I was actually shaking with frustration! My friend has KoKo k and she said its unreal the staying power of it is unbelievable. Although she said she wouldn't bother with the full lipkit in the future as you could pick up a cheap lip liner and it would do the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Wellyd wrote: »
    Absolutely fuming with stupid kylie lipkits. Had 2 of the birthday edition mini matte sets in my cart the other night after trying for so long to get them. Put in all my delivery details and credit card info and when it came time to confirm the purchase it flashed up out of stock. I was actually shaking with frustration! My friend has KoKo k and she said its unreal the staying power of it is unbelievable. Although she said she wouldn't bother with the full lipkit in the future as you could pick up a cheap lip liner and it would do the same job.

I tried to get the mini lip kits every time it has been on sale (4) and didn't even get to the cart with it! So annoying, wanted them for presents, not even for myself!!
    But they are very good, really do last the full day! I don't think it's worth just buying one tho cos of the postage! I really wanted the rose gold eyeshadow but couldn't justify the postage for it in its own!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

idunno78 wrote: »
    I tried to get the mini lip kits every time it has been on sale (4) and didn't even get to the cart with it! So annoying, wanted them for presents, not even for myself!!
    But they are very good, really do last the full day! I don't think it's worth just buying one tho cos of the postage! I really wanted the rose gold eyeshadow but couldn't justify the postage for it in its own!

If you're looking for something along the same lines as the Kylie one there's a Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow in Pink Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The brand Colour Pop make Kylie products so if it's just the colours/formula you want you can buy the exact same products from them without the Kylie packaging. (For a fraction of the price)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I put a colourpop order in recently, I got trap, lumiere 2, beeper, and creeper in the Ultra matte lips, and lumiere, oh snap and peacocky in the lippie stix.
    I love them all except lumiere 2 which is waaaay more purple than it looks but it's wearable when mixed with MAC modesty.

I also picked up the MAC lipstick in honey love, which when mixed with Whirl is the perfect nude I have been looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

misslt wrote:
    I put a colourpop order in recently, I got trap, lumiere 2, beeper, and creeper in the Ultra matte lips, and lumiere, oh snap and peacocky in the lippie stix. I love them all except lumiere 2 which is waaaay more purple than it looks but it's wearable when mixed with MAC modesty.

How much was the shipping for Colourpop? I bought a few Lippie Stix from a girl on Reddit earlier this year and would really love to get a few more. They're great.

I don't care how fab or popular they are, the Kylie lip kit is just something I'd never spend my money on. I just could never buy into anything that family promotes.

I don't care how fab or popular they are, the Kylie lip kit is just something I'd never spend my money on. I just could never buy into anything that family promotes.

Do you boycott Estee Lauder too?

• Advertisement

Pretty much hate all their products.(or anything I've tried)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Scraggs wrote: »
    The brand Colour Pop make Kylie products so if it's just the colours/formula you want you can buy the exact same products from them without the Kylie packaging. (For a fraction of the price)

I'll have to disagree on this. Did a big colour pop order when I was in the states and they matte lip sticks are in no way comparable to the Kylie lipkits. After an hour or so(or any drink) the colour pop wears off leaving me with 'butthole lips' whereas I actually needed a make up wipe to wipe of the Kylie lipkit after a night out. Some of the colours on the colour pop are different to the website. I definitely agree about lumiere being way more purple in person. My brother asked was I going for the dead body warmed up colour on my lips so now I mix it with different colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

What's the connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

What's the connection?

Kendall Jenner models for Estee Lauder.

Valentina wrote: »
    What's the connection?

Kendall Jenner models for Estee Lauder.
    She has a few collaboration products with them too.

She has a few collaboration products with them too.

Ah. Didn't know that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Absolutely love the Becca colour corrector that Valentina posted about, cheers!!

Absolutely love the Becca colour corrector that Valentina posted about, cheers!!

Yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My hair was brutally destroyed about a year ago. The hairdresser poured so much bleach on it it was actually snapping off.
    Since then, due to my unwillingness to have it cut, I have spent a fortune on hair products.

So for very very damaged hair, here are products that I found amazing

1. Kerstase Bain Therapie Hair Mask
    2. Philip Kingsley Elastizer
    3. Uniq1 protein spray
    4. Loreal Extraordinary Oil.

I cannot believe the difference in my hair. Now granted, it's about a years use so it took a lot of time but my hair has never been in better condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Is that the under eye one? Have it on my list of things I want my mum to get on her hols and that's on it because I saw it here and looks good! So glad to hear someone else like it to! 😊

Advertisement