Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Yay! Bt2 in Dundrum now sellin mac mini's all €10. Picked up a mini fix+ to keep in my handbag. They have the mini strobe cream aswell which is great value for 30ml as the full size is triple the price but not 3 times the size!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

What does Mac fix+ do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

What other mini products do they have?

GingerLily wrote: »
    What does Mac fix+ do?

I use it as a finishing spray over my make up to stop it looking cakey and handy if its humid like today to quickly spritz over makeup during the day. I believe it can be used to help prime before aswell

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    What other mini products do they have?

They had mini fix+, mini strobe cream and I think the other one was a mini makeup cleansing oil - ther was possibly more but I was in a bit of a rush. They are just in front of the mac tills

• Advertisement

fifi28 wrote: »
    What does Mac fix+ do?

I use it as a finishing spray over my make up to stop it looking cakey and handy if its humid like today to quickly spritz over makeup during the day. I believe it can be used to help prime before aswell

I might try the travel size but it sounds like it's just water and glycerin, the reviews for it are amazing though, hard to ignore, hmmmmmm

I might try the travel size but it sounds like it's just water and glycerin, the reviews for it are amazing though, hard to ignore, hmmmmmm

Yep it is a bit of a cult mac product :), i have the full size already which in fairness is not exactly cumbersome but def handy to b able to pick up the mini size. I first used it at a wedding i was at and it def did 'freshen' up my makeup half way through the day

OMG, Mac Fix +, I love it!
    It's blended everything so well, and I had to run for the bus and foundation is still perfect! I only got the travel size, I'll keep using it for the rest of the week and if it doesn't break me out it irritate my skin I'm going to run and get a full size.

Why didn't I listen to the hype??????

Had been on the look out for the Sleek solstice palette for a while. Stumbled across it by chance last week. Oh My God! The payoff from it is unreal, it is super pigmented! Now I probably could have blended it in a bit more but there was serious shine off it. Even the husband noticed and that's saying something! But I'm not sure how long it lasted on me as I wasn't paying much attention.

I also picked up the much lauded Catrice highlighter. It's only ok so far. I've only used it with a fan brush and there's not much pay off with it. It's very subtle and more for daytime. Might need to try a different brush and more product, I've only just given myself a quick dusting as I was running out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I also picked up the much lauded Catrice highlighter. It's only ok so far. I've only used it with a fan brush and there's not much pay off with it. It's very subtle and more for daytime. Might need to try a different brush and more product, I've only just given myself a quick dusting as I was running out the door.

The beautiful truth was saying that she isn't a fan of that highlighter at all, she has been recommending a wet n wild one recently instead.

I'm hoping to pick up a sample of the new urban decay foundation at the airport tomorrow. I love my naked foundation so I'm expecting good things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

The beautiful truth was saying that she isn't a fan of that highlighter at all, she has been recommending a wet n wild one recently !

It's worth baring in mind that her recent video and snapchatting re. wet and Wild are a collaboration and really should be #ad although I note she hasn't included this in the YouTube video name which is a bit deceiving.

Edit: I did see her include the #ad in one of her snaps tho to be fair but not every time she plugged them over the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Kate Mc Make up also didn't like the Catrice highlighter. I find her to be very genuine with her reviews. While she does get the odd discount code for her followers she doesn't get sent buckets of free stuff from companies to hype up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

It's worth baring in mind that her recent video and snapchatting re. wet and Wild are a collaboration and really should be #ad although I note she hasn't included this in the YouTube video name which is a bit deceiving.

Edit: I did see her include the #ad in one of her snaps tho to be fair but not every time she plugged them over the week.

Yup, I'd trust her though, she being one of only two Irish bloggers I follow:pac:

Yup, I'd trust her though, she being one of only two Irish bloggers I follow:pac:

I generally would too and quite like her snaps but I'd prefer to see her including the disclosures as is starting to become the norm. Not trying to drag the thread down the blogger bashing route I swear! Just when her recommendation was mentioned thought I'd add that it was part of a collaboration.

I'll probably check out that highlight tho all the same next time I'm in Dunnes. No way I can justify another highlight tho no matter how cheap it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I got the catrice highlighter after searching for it and I have to say it's not great, strong silver tone off it and it wears off fast. Anyone have recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

The makeup academy highlighters (the gold one anyhow) are so pigmented you have to use so little or its to much! Really good and v cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

idunno78 wrote: »
    The makeup academy highlighters (the gold one anyhow) are so pigmented you have to use so little or its to much! Really good and v cheap!!

I'm a strong believer in the idea that's there no such thing as too much highlighter! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have the So Hollywood highlighter by Anastastia, and find it very intense, anyone have any idea how to tone it down a bit? I use the Real Techniques duo fibre eyeshadow brush and a tiny amount of the product and still find it too much.

The eyeshadow brush from this set

http://www.firstbeauty.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/duo-fiber-collection-full-03.png

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

I'm waiting on a fairly decent-sized order from ELF Cosmetics including their highlighter stick which got great reviews online and IIRC was $1!!! I'll report back as soon as it arrives, it'll be two weeks on Friday since I ordered so hopefully it'll come soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My Cult Beauty order is taking over two weeks to come when usually it would take 3-4 days. Has anyone else ever experienced such delays?

• Advertisement

I have the So Hollywood highlighter by Anastastia, and find it very intense, anyone have any idea how to tone it down a bit? I use the Real Techniques duo fibre eyeshadow brush and a tiny amount of the product and still find it too much.

The eyeshadow brush from this set

http://www.firstbeauty.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/duo-fiber-collection-full-03.png

I'd suggest using a less dense brush like a fan brush, which shouldn't pack on the colour. I have a fan brush from ELF which is very light and I actually thought it wouldn't be much use for anything but it's great for putting on a light wash of highlight or bronzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

anna080 wrote: »
    My Cult Beauty order is taking over two weeks to come when usually it would take 3-4 days. Has anyone else ever experienced such delays?

Mine took a while so I tweeted them- they were actually pretty nice but clarified it takes 5-7 working days I think- I had a much shorter expectatation than that!

I'd suggest using a less dense brush like a fan brush, which shouldn't pack on the colour. I have a fan brush from ELF which is very light and I actually thought it wouldn't be much use for anything but it's great for putting on a light wash of highlight or bronzer.

This is what I was gonna say! I have the blank canvas fan brush and find it very good at controlling strong highlighter!

Quick q - is there anywhere in Liffey Valley SC where you can buy Urban Decay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

As far as I know only house of Fraser and debenhams sell UD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but if you are stateside and can get your hands on Loreal infallible 24 hour eyeshadow in the shade Amber rush, buy as many as you can! I actually adore it. It's such a brilliant everyday eyeshadow. I've had it a while but I normally use it with a combination of different colours but this morning I just threw it on with a quick slick of eyeliner. It lasts so long and the colour pay off is brilliant, a little goes a long way! Just asked my boyfriend to head to Ulta to pick up a few more before he heads back from the states!

http://www.ulta.com/infallible-eyeshadow?productId=xlsImpprod4070031

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm a bit disappointed - I ordered the Too Faced Born This Way foundation online from Debenhams at the weekend, but when it arrived today they sent me the wrong shade. I was so looking forward to trying it, double checked my order and I definitely ordered porcelain, they sent me natural beige. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

ShazGV wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed - I ordered the Too Faced Born This Way foundation online from Debenhams at the weekend, but when it arrived today they sent me the wrong shade. I was so looking forward to trying it, double checked my order and I definitely ordered porcelain, they sent me natural beige. :(

This reminds me, is it possible for one shade of foundation to be better than another? I got this foundation a couple of months ago in Vanilla but found it slightly too dark but I LOVED it! When it ran out I went down to Nude and I'm finding it a bit drying and patchy and now I can't figure out what is going on!

Ladies, be very careful with the Anastasia BH brow products.
    Quite a few of my friends and clients and myself have been using ABH. I noticed a while ago I'd been losing a bit of hair, I had clients saying it to me a bit too that they were finding their hair was coming out. Having a chat with my friend today and she was talking about how sparse her brows have become. It came up about what she'd been using, and we were both saying isn't that weird, maybe it's something to do with the brow product. So, we looked up "anastasia hair loss brows" on google and it seems to be a major issue with a lot of ladies.

Obviously I can't say for sure, and I'm sad because I love ABH, but it's happened to a lot of people I know and it seems to be a common theme between us all

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That's mad Lexie. I use their products myself but I haven't noticed any loss, but I've barely any brow to begin with to be honest. Do you think it's the constant pulling from the spoolie that's removing the hairs or something else?

• Advertisement

I think it's the formula if anything, because from reading up it seems to be the brow powder duo, the wiz and the pomode.

Now I could be completely wrong but this is my industry and its been coming up a lot.

Advertisement