Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

I think it's the formula if anything, because from reading up it seems to be the brow powder duo, the wiz and the pomode.

Now I could be completely wrong but this is my industry and its been coming up a lot.

I have the brow wiz and the dipbrow pomade :eek: , thank god i don't use them daily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I've used them daily for well over a year (almost 2) and haven't seen any hair loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm a little bit sceptical of the ABH hair loss theory. It wasn't too long ago that we were being warned about the batiste dry shampoo causing hair loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I would imagine it is more the methods by which they are applied. I find using any brow product will make some hairs fall out as I'm applying- not quite lot and not every time obviously, but some is only to be expected, just like when brushing hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wellyd wrote: »
    I'm a little bit sceptical of the ABH hair loss theory. It wasn't too long ago that we were being warned about the batiste dry shampoo causing hair loss

Look, take it with a pinch of salt. I know my brows have become sparse the past year, especially the tail of one and the very front. I've had clients with the same issue, usually at the front too, and now my friend, which led us to actually googling it, and it seems to be a common enough issue over many many different forums.

I have no idea how much weight is behind it, I can only go on my own experience really. And I personally have noticed my eyebrows thinning out.
    I guess it's something to be mindful of, take from it what you will. If you're using it and not having any problems that's amazing, and I'm jealous because I personally loved my dipbrow pomode but I won't be using it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Look, take it with a pinch of salt. I know my brows have become sparse the past year, especially the tail of one and the very front. I've had clients with the same issue, usually at the front too, and now my friend, which led us to actually googling it, and it seems to be a common enough issue over many many different forums.

I have no idea how much weight is behind it, I can only go on my own experience really. And I personally have noticed my eyebrows thinning out.
    I guess it's something to be mindful of, take from it what you will. If you're using it and not having any problems that's amazing, and I'm jealous because I personally loved my dipbrow pomode but I won't be using it again.

I definitely trust your opinion Lexie. You know what you're talking about and I've made many purchases based on recommendations you've made. My ABH brow pomade is gone and I've been using the NYX tame and frame for a while now as I've just been so lazy with my eyebrow waxing appointments!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I went to Estée Lauder to get a sample of double wear, I got matched to ecru (not sure if that's how it's spelled) and it's not a great match at all! Disappointed.

On the other hand I was in the airport and was far too early for my flight so got foundation put on me in Mac. Always thought I was an NC, but nope I'm an NW and got the mineralise foundation in NW15 put on me and it was perfect! So I'll pick that up at some point I was impressed with its longevity :)

Might get a sample of the new urban decay all nighter foundation today has anyone tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cristinayang

With Kat Von D launching in debenhams next week, would you guys have any recommendations? Has anyone tried the foundation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

With Kat Von D launching in debenhams next week, would you guys have any recommendations? Has anyone tried the foundation?

I haven't tried the foundation but I really like the Tattoo Liner - wasn't sure about it at first but having used other liquid liners in the mean time, it's definitely good. Bought mine in May and it's still going for me, probably running out a bit but still pretty damn black!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I love the lock it foundation. I was really disappointed that it was out of stock in every Sephora I tried on my last trip to the states.

ETA- it was only out of stock in the 2 palest shades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Disappointing news all... Kat Von D will not be sold in store in Ireland. It'll be available online from Debenhams but only have a counter in 2 UK stores. I am so disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Might get a sample of the new urban decay all nighter foundation today has anyone tried it yet?

I tried it with high hopes but it looked very dry on and definitely didn't last all night. Gutted. The search goes on...

Disappointing news all... Kat Von D will not be sold in store in Ireland. It'll be available online from Debenhams but only have a counter in 2 UK stores. I am so disappointed.

Seriously? :(

I tried it with high hopes but it looked very dry on and definitely didn't last all night. Gutted. The search goes on...

Feck. I'll still give it a go but that's disappointing to hear!

That's annoying but not hugely surprising about not Kat Von D stands in Ireland. Might just get the liner and foundation on parcel motel, maybe the liquid lipstick too☺️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

That's annoying but not hugely surprising about not Kat Von D stands in Ireland. Might just get the liner and foundation on parcel motel, maybe the liquid lipstick too☺️

Why parcel motel?

Why parcel motel?

Sorry, read it as it only being sold in the uk, if the Irish website has it, then that's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Sorry, read it as it only being sold in the uk, if the Irish website has it, then that's grand.

I'm confused myself now. I'd hope it's available on the Irish site after all the advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I'm confused myself now. I'd hope it's available on the Irish site after all the advertising.

It's definitely going to be available on Debenhams .ie and .uk, with two counters in England. TBH I don't mind that much- it's still way more accessible that it was before! The shipping on my shade and light palette was almost as much as the bloody thing itself!!! (soooo worth it though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

That's disappointing for people who don't know what shade they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I got a free Benefit gimme brow when I got my brows done before on the benefit counter and had been using it almost daily for a few weeks, has anyone had issues with it? I noticed all of a sudden I had a bald patch in my eyebrow - on the inner part of it that would be thickest! :(

I got them tinted a good few weeks ago but if it was an issue with that I assume it would have happened sooner?

^ Other than that I haven't been doing anything different!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The Beautiful Truth has just posted up that it should be available in store in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wellyd wrote: »
    I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but if you are stateside and can get your hands on Loreal infallible 24 hour eyeshadow in the shade Amber rush, buy as many as you can! I actually adore it. It's such a brilliant everyday eyeshadow. I've had it a while but I normally use it with a combination of different colours but this morning I just threw it on with a quick slick of eyeliner. It lasts so long and the colour pay off is brilliant, a little goes a long way! Just asked my boyfriend to head to Ulta to pick up a few more before he heads back from the states!

http://www.ulta.com/infallible-eyeshadow?productId=xlsImpprod4070031

Thank you for posting this!

I'm in L.A. at the moment and picked up the last one in Target. Oh wow it is such a pretty rose gold. I did a smokey eye with MAC Wedge in the crease and Orb on the browbone. I want to go back and get more and get other colours too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Fell in love with two new lipsticks over the weekend.

First one I wore on Saturday evening and again today is Olivia Palermo x Ciate lipstick in the shade Praline. It translated much darker on my lips compared with swatches online. It looks a lot more brown on. But it grew on me and now I love it, I couldn't wait to wear it today!
    https://www.cloud10beauty.com/olivia-palermo-x-ciate-london-satin-kiss-lipstick.html

Second lipstick of the weekend was worn on Sunday afternoon and it was Mac Rebel. This was a lipstick I debated over getting for a while. It's one of these iconic Mac lipsticks but just wasn't sure if it was right for me. Again I shouldn't be going by online swatches as they ranged from very dark vampy to bright violets! But I quite liked it on me I have to say, it didn't look to drastic on me and I was comfortable wearing it about in the daytime. It wore quite well too and I didn't get a chance to look in a mirror for a few hours and it left a lovely stain on the lips.
    https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13854/310/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick#/shade/Rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

mcgiggles wrote:
    I got a free Benefit gimme brow when I got my brows done before on the benefit counter and had been using it almost daily for a few weeks, has anyone had issues with it? I noticed all of a sudden I had a bald patch in my eyebrow - on the inner part of it that would be thickest!

I've been using it 4+ times a week for the past 2 or 3 months and have noticed my brows have strengthened a bit, if that helps at all!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Second lipstick of the weekend was worn on Sunday afternoon and it was Mac Rebel. This was a lipstick I debated over getting for a while. It's one of these iconic Mac lipsticks but just wasn't sure if it was right for me. Again I shouldn't be going by online swatches as they ranged from very dark vampy to bright violets! But I quite liked it on me I have to say, it didn't look to drastic on me and I was comfortable wearing it about in the daytime. It wore quite well too and I didn't get a chance to look in a mirror for a few hours and it left a lovely stain on the lips.
    https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/13854/310/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lipstick/Lipstick#/shade/Rebel

LOVE MAC Rebel :):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Not to alarm anyone ;-) but the Kat Von D products are available to purchase now on debenhams.ie! You have to search for the products by name - the shade and light eye palette is on its way to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

fifi28 wrote: »
    Not to alarm anyone ;-) but the Kat Von D products are available to purchase now on debenhams.ie! You have to search for the products by name - the shade and light eye palette is on its way to me :)

Oh my god you beaut! Only I'll probably spend a fortune before I go to sleep!! Tattoo liner and lock it in the basket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Oh my god you beaut! Only I'll probably spend a fortune before I go to sleep!! Tattoo liner and lock it in the basket!

Your welcome haha. I do not take responsibility for any financial damage lol. I actually just decided to search shade and light a while ago and up they all popped - delighted coz I wasnt looking forward to trying to scramble to get it ordered in the morning :)

Advertisement