Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Oh god my nerves I can't decide between shade & light and chrysalis gonna have to sleep on it. Also looked up what shade of foundation people wear who have the same too faced shade as me and it's not listed! Looks like I need the light 44 and it starts at 45. So far have the liner, concealer and studded lipstick in cathedral!

Ok I stayed up late. But be warned Debenhams is high pricing in Euro! Shade and light eye palette is 36 and 50.50. Xe.com live conversion puts that at 7.79 dearer. No rewards points if you go uk but the parcel motel option pays for itself if you're doing a big haul!! Chickened out of the fab colours from Chrysalis and got S&L xx

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Ok I stayed up late. But be warned Debenhams is high pricing in Euro! Shade and light eye palette is 36 and 50.50. Xe.com live conversion puts that at 7.79 dearer. No rewards points if you go uk but the parcel motel option pays for itself if you're doing a big haul!! Chickened out of the fab colours from Chrysalis and got S&L xx

Yep as usual the pricing in euros is over the odds. Would put you off buying stuff at times. If you look at the us price they are 45 usd plus the sales tax. I was holding out for the new urban decay palette which would have been in around the 50 euro mark anyway i expect but Im glad I went with shade and light - lets hope were all happy with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I was all set to buy the Nubian palette from Juvia's Place, reduced down to $23.50, til I was hit with $22 shipping :eek: *faints*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Hey Ladies, I'm looking for a cranberry shade matte eyeshadow that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.. any recommendations welcomed :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

fifi28 wrote: »
    Not to alarm anyone ;-) but the Kat Von D products are available to purchase now on debenhams.ie! You have to search for the products by name - the shade and light eye palette is on its way to me :)

Is that an affiliate link? It brought me to another website before Debenhams. Being successful or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Is that an affiliate link? It brought me to another website before Debenhams. Being successful or something?

Yeah, Boards replaces original links with affiliate links. They announced it a year or 18 months ago. I only noticed it myself lately and when I asked about it that what one of the mods replied.

SB_Part2 wrote: »

Whats an affiliate link??? I just went onto debenhams website last night and searched for the shade and light palette and it came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Whats an affiliate link??? I just went onto debenhams website last night and searched for the shade and light palette and it came up!

Open to correction if I am wrong but I think its where the person that posted it has an affiliation with the company, like is doing promo work with the company or whatever and they get paid when someone goes to that company site using their link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

The KVD light and shade palette had come down from €50.50 last night to €45 today

• Advertisement

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Open to correction if I am wrong but I think its where the person that posted it has an affiliation with the company, like is doing promo work with the company or whatever and they get paid when someone goes to that company site using their link

Oh right ok well I can definitely say im not one of them - wish I was :)

Wellyd wrote: »
    The KVD light and shade palette had come down from €50.50 last night to €45 today

Oh no way, thats very annoying! Wonder will they correct the price on my order - doubtful

Just had a look on twitter and see others have contacted Debenhams re the same about the prices changing since last ngt, not impressed!

Oh no way, thats very annoying! Wonder will they correct the price on my order - doubtful

Just had a look on twitter and see others have contacted Debenhams re the same about the prices changing since last ngt, not impressed!

Dude that is crap! I'm gonna ring them. Did anything else come down?

In other news, I may have to go to rehab for retail therapy addiction. Just got a mail from Cult with a Bday codeand bought the Champagne Duo from Becca, a beauty blender (my first real one!) and ABH dipbrow (mine are massive feck the hair loss) and the ABH creme liner. My visa is going to melt :eek::eek:

Dude that is crap! I'm gonna ring them. Did anything else come down?

In other news, I may have to go to rehab for retail therapy addiction. Just got a mail from Cult with a Bday codeand bought the Champagne Duo from Becca, a beauty blender (my first real one!) and ABH dipbrow (mine are massive feck the hair loss) and the ABH creme liner. My visa is going to melt :eek::eek:

Yep everything that ive looked at has come down - the tattoo liner was 22.50 last ngt and now 20! Others have tweeted and emailed so Ive done the same!
    When you find a good therapist will you let me know coz honestly need help myself! Im meant to be on a makeup spending ban!!!

Update: emailed them and they are crediting back 5.50 to my credit card no problem :)

Feckers overcharged me 12.50. I deserve a free liquid lipstick for that!

Feckers overcharged me 12.50. I deserve a free liquid lipstick for that!

Definitely contact them asap! Thanks to the poster on here for pointing out the overcharge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Beautynook was refunded the difference in her order! Hopefully you'll all get sorted too!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Beautynook was refunded the difference in her order! Hopefully you'll all get sorted too!

Yep just got an email to say they are refunding the over charge to my card :)

Me too! Now I can get excited again about my order arriving!!

Eeeekk! My shade and light arrived and its even better looking in real life! They also sent me a sample size tattoo liner which was a nice surprise as I really wanted to get it but not sure if its for me - Im not the best with eyeliner :)

• Advertisement

Eeeekk! My shade and light arrived and its even better looking in real life! They also sent me a sample size tattoo liner which was a nice surprise as I really wanted to get it but not sure if its for me - Im not the best with eyeliner :)

How did you get it already! Mine still says Order submitted to supplier!

EDIT: I just checked and the foundation colour I wanted is there now... so tempted :O

How did you get it already! Mine still says Order submitted to supplier!

EDIT: I just checked and the foundation colour I wanted is there now... so tempted :O

Uh oh your on a slippery slope haha. I paid for the next day delivery - Im not the most patient person with online shopping :)

I certainly am! Especially after that Cult Beauty haul - and I REALLY can't afford to be like this! But I was on the waiting list for the Champagne Duo with them so I had to... right? Seeing as I got my €12.50 back and didnt pay for next day delivery, it might be worth it though!!! :pac:

I certainly am! Especially after that Cult Beauty haul - and I REALLY can't afford to be like this! But I was on the waiting list for the Champagne Duo with them so I had to... right? Seeing as I got my €12.50 back and didnt pay for next day delivery, it might be worth it though!!! :pac:

Ah you deserve it lol, could be worse you could be spending money on something less worthwhile - think of it as an investment - thats my excuse and im sticking to it :)
    I was waiting for the new UD naked ultimate basics and wasnt even really considering getting the Kat Von D till I seen it - glad I did now haha

Ah you deserve it lol, could be worse you could be spending money on something less worthwhile - think of it as an investment - thats my excuse and im sticking to it :)
    I was waiting for the new UD naked ultimate basics and wasnt even really considering getting the Kat Von D till I seen it - glad I did now haha

Oh I have the Shade and Light contour palette and I am obsessed with it! Definitely getting the Naked one too.... and maybe the new KVD that was announced yesterday. I have a problem :eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::pac:

Oh I have the Shade and Light contour palette and I am obsessed with it! Definitely getting the Naked one too.... and maybe the new KVD that was announced yesterday. I have a problem :eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::pac:

A new Kat Von D eye palette (like I need more lol), it was the shade and light eye palette I got not the contour - thats something Im not good at either haha. Think I will probably still buy the Naked one aswell - seen as I slready have all the others, might aswell complete the set :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

AHHHHHHHH which shade and light palette to get?? Eyeshadow or Contour I'm so lost!!

GingerLily wrote: »
    AHHHHHHHH which shade and light palette to get?? Eyeshadow or Contour I'm so lost!!

Both :)

GingerLily wrote: »

Both :)

Haha my answer too! To be honest I'd look at my collection and see which id need most and which id get most out of! The contour palette is unreal but there is a finite number of things you can do with it. If you don't have a good eyeshadow palette with colours like KVD's then it would be an amazing addition....

Go look at some YouTube vids for both of the palettes and see which one excites you most!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I have the contour palette and tbh I rarely use it.

I'm very fair and the colours just don't seem to work for me.

In saying that I'm 100% going to buy the eye palette!

Advertisement