Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Looking for recommendations for a good face serum for dry skin? Just finished my bioderma serum. Anyone tried the Pestle & Mortar Pure Hyaluronic serum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

So I got the KVD tatoo liner and the shade and light contour kit. I'm SERIOUSLY excited, Yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

GingerLily wrote: »
    So I got the KVD tatoo liner and the shade and light contour kit. I'm SERIOUSLY excited, Yay!!!

Your goin to love the tattoo liner - I got a sample size with my eye palette and its so good Ive ordered a full size! This is coming from someone that has the eyeliner skills of a 5 year old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations for a good face serum for dry skin? Just finished my bioderma serum. Anyone tried the Pestle & Mortar Pure Hyaluronic serum?

I don't use serums- but these both look great! How come you're moving from bioderma? I use this Yu Be cream it's like a soft vaseline but works wonders for me :)

GingerLily wrote: »

I LOVE my contour kit. Check out this review by Stephanie Nicole she does a great one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jesus, lads, I don't know where yis get the money. I love my make-up but replaced, like, three things that had run out the other week and nearly cried handing over the money. And I'm on a good salary!

Where do you buy your ABH from? Kandee Johnson has a nude-pink gloss by her that I absolutely *need* in my life.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Jesus, lads, I don't know where yis get the money. I love my make-up but replaced, like, three things that had run out the other week and nearly cried handing over the money. And I'm on a good salary!

Where do you buy your ABH from? Kandee Johnson has a nude-pink gloss by her that I absolutely *need* in my life.

I replaced my smoking addiction with a makeup addiction :)

I think cult beauty do ABH and possibly beautybay - I havent bought anythin from either site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Got the ABH Modern Renaissance palette from Cult Beauty. Shipping can be slow but arrived in one piece, would order from there again.

My Kat Von D light and shade eye palette arrived today. Haven't tried it yet but looks lovely. Also got the miniature tattoo liner with it and a €5 money off coupon to spend in store in Debenhams. Happy enough with that for €45, not feeling too ripped off on the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Finally got lucky with Kylie Lipkits! There was a huge restock today so I ordered the Koko K and Mary Jo K lipkits and the Kristen and Candy K matte singles! There was free domestic shipping in the Us today so I availed of that and got them shipped to my boyfriend! Counting down the 14 days til he arrives home(with my lipkits!) I know worst girlfriend ever!

I've ordered a few times from Cult and they're good but the orders take a good week+. Not many places to get ABH! And I don't have loads of money I am definitely afraid to check my bank account :eek: and I caved and got the KVD foundation cos it came into stock. I'll have all this make up and be sitting at home wearing it all cos I've no money to go anywhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

For anyone interested this code will get you 20% off f Anastasia Beverly Hills' Pro Series Concealers and Contour Pans on BeautyBay.

ANAS20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Got a delivery from Debenhams today (the new UD foundation & De Slick Setting Spray) and also got a free mini Kat Von D Tattoo liner too so they must be sending them with any beauty orders this week, delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Has anyone tried the new Lancome cushion foundation yet? I got their cushion blush in Rose Limonade and it's fab and majorly pigmented so was wondering what the foundation is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Wellyd wrote: »
    Finally got lucky with Kylie Lipkits! There was a huge restock today so I ordered the Koko K and Mary Jo K lipkits and the Kristen and Candy K matte singles! There was free domestic shipping in the Us today so I availed of that and got them shipped to my boyfriend! Counting down the 14 days til he arrives home(with my lipkits!) I know worst girlfriend ever!
    I've heard such differing reviews about them but am DYING to know what they are like!!! Make sure to post an update when you get them! *come on boyfriend* :D

Got my KVD order. No palette in it just the liner lipstick and concealer. Debenhams you are really grinding my gears this week!

Got my KVD order. No palette in it just the liner lipstick and concealer. Debenhams you are really grinding my gears this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Oh lads yous have me ruined! I was going to try wait a few weeks until I bought some KVD stuff, but I've the Debenhams website opened and the cart filled 😂

mejulie805 wrote: »

Oh no! Hopefully they just seperated your order and you will get it soon

Oh lads yous have me ruined! I was going to try wait a few weeks until I bought some KVD stuff, but I've the Debenhams website opened and the cart filled 😂

Do it, you wont regret it :)
    I used the eye palette yesterday and pigment/payoff is fab, shadows blended so easily. The tattoo liner is something I wish I could have had a long time ago - literally glides on, amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Last year I tried go from dark brown to grey, and the hairdresser told me he was using olaplex but didn't, and in turn, my hair a) turned green and b) started snapping.

Straight away I bought the Bain Therapie hair mask and shampoo from kerastase.
    The mask was amazing, when my hair was beyond damaged. The tub lasted for about 4 months and by the time I had finished it, it had improved my hair id say about 45/50%

The shampoo was disappointing. It was extremely heavily scented, and caused a bit of a reaction on my scalp, completely dried it out and I was left with unnatural amounts of flaky skin, and it was itchy tight and uncomfortable. I've never had any issues with cheaper scented shampoos (eg herbal essence)

I went and purchased Philip Kingsley unscented shampoo and conditioner. This cleared my scalp up pretty much straight away. My scalp always felt really clean after it. I was very impressed with the shampoos so I purchased the elastizer. Initially I was blown away by the product, but I've calmed down a lot in my love for it lately. It's still an amazing product, I just think I preferred the kerastase mask a little bit more.

Next I moved on to the Philip Kingsley itchy flaky shampoo. I didn't like this at all (I have psoriasis), it had a cheap Apple scent on it, my scalp didn't feel clean, my hair felt rubbery after it and I couldn't wait to be finished it. I didn't repurchase any Philip Kingsley shampoo after that, (yet) I don't like using too much of the same thing as I feel the initial amazing results stop if you use a product too much.

I moved onto Loreal extraordinary clay shampoo and conditioner and initially I liked it but after about 5 shampoos my hair felt like it wasn't clean, it started to get greasy very quickly.

I had read good things in this forum about the Loreal extraordinary oil. I bought the colour protect one and I use three pumps of it in my hair before blow drying and I've been using it over a month and I absolutely adore it. My hair doesn't feel heavy or greasy, it's in amazing condition. When i used to wash my hair, the blonde bits would be bushy and dry from a quick towel dry, while the rest of my hair would be still saturated. This has reduced about 80%.

I'm now using coco Browns shampoo and conditioner after swearing up and down I had no interest in a cheap product such as this but honestly, im made eat my words because it's (in my opinion of course) just as good as the more expensive shampoos. I am getting about 3 days out of a wash. Now it struggles to get me three days whereas the Philip Kingsley (unscented) would easily get the three days and start to let me down on the 4th day, but it was 3 euro instead of the 18 (approx) I'd pay for the Philip Kingsley.

In the past 5 or so months, my hair has started to grow at speed. I usually get my hair cut once a year (and I hate getting it cut) i find that I have got it cut mid July and I already need another cut. This time it's to get rid of length, rather than my usual obligatory split end cull every 12 months.

Hair care is not my strong point, so perhaps there's much better products out there, but there's a quick review on hair products I've used in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I have ordered:
    Shade and Light eye palette- was gonna get in the US over the summer but chickened out. Have now decided "too many nude palettes" is not a thing :p

Adora Studded Kiss Lipstick- Temptalia describes it as "metallic candy apple red"
    Bauhau5 Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - raspberry colour
    Double Dare Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - browny-coral-pink colour

Can't wait to collect them on Monday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've been loving the Lidl keratin shampoo, conditioner and mask lately. Been using them for about two months now and my hairdresser commented on the volume and condition of my hair when I was in getting it done last week :-)

Normally I avoid opaque/creamy shampoos as they tend to leave a build-up on my hair very quickly but so far, this hasn't. I have cut down to only washing my hair once a week, though, which also probably helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

(KVD update)
    I'm very underwhelmed by the tatoo liner, it's stays a little better then me soap and glory one but it's a lot harder to put on, the contor pallete is perfect for me though, I've actually used every colour so far. I think I'll have to get the eye pallete too.

I've been loving the Lidl keratin shampoo, conditioner and mask lately. Been using them for about two months now and my hairdresser commented on the volume and condition of my hair when I was in getting it done last week :-)

Normally I avoid opaque/creamy shampoos as they tend to leave a build-up on my hair very quickly but so far, this hasn't. I have cut down to only washing my hair once a week, though, which also probably helps.

Is that the red and white colour tubes? The Cien Pro stuff? I got them a few weeks ago and LOVE them!! My hair has never been so smooth! I'd have straight enough hair naturally but I'd always need to straighten it to smooth is out but with those shampoos it barely needs it! and for less than 7euro for shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and heat treatment spray its a steal!

Is that the red and white colour tubes? The Cien Pro stuff? I got them a few weeks ago and LOVE them!! My hair has never been so smooth! I'd have straight enough hair naturally but I'd always need to straighten it to smooth is out but with those shampoos it barely needs it! and for less than 7euro for shampoo, conditioner, hair mask and heat treatment spray its a steal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I purchased two masks from the body shops new superfood mask range.
    I would have normal skin that's prone to redness and would be quite dehydrated but otherwise wouldn't give me any trouble.

After a long flight on Saturday my skin was feeling really tight and I have a big ugly sore spot (I never get spots) under my bottom lip, just over my chin. It's one of those spots with nothing in it but is extremely hard when you touch it.

So, I cleansed my skin with the decleor cleanser I'm using at the moment, and I popped the Ethiopian honey mask on. This is what the lady in the shop recommended for dehydrated skin but I think it would be more suitable to a dryer skin. Anyway, I applied it and left it on for about 30 minutes. It's supposed to nourish your skin and when I removed it, I was pleasantly surprised. My skin looked nice and felt soft and what I was really shocked about was my spot seemed to be much softer (although it was still there)

I have an important event today, and I decided to do an exfoliation this am using an AHA. The friction used to remove the AHA always leaves my face feeling tender and uncomfortable (though not as much as a scrub) so I decided to apply the British rose mask, as it smells beautiful. The lady in the shop said this was to even out redness and would give your skin a healthy glow. I bought it because it smelled divine.

I popped that on straight after my exfoliation and my skin has completely sucked it up, so much so it actually felt like a moisturiser. I'm not sure what to make about that. In my opinion, this is definately for dehydrated skin. My skin reacted to this as if it's been trawling through a dessert for months and had just found an oasis. It's been on about ten mins and I'm laying here writing this post, and it's completely dried into my skin.

I'm curious to know if my makeup will sit any better or if my skin will look any different, but we'll see.

I would say that the sales assistant in the body shop needs training on skin types, skin conditions and remedies. I know about skin, and would be fairly on the ball with what suits what, and although she spoke confidently, she was completely wrong, and if I was someone relying on her to recommend me some products, without knowing the first thing about skin, I'd have ended up buying products completely unsuited to me, so that's the only negative thing about the body shop that I could say in this review.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

LexieOnRale it might be too late for your event but if you ever have one of those under skin spots using a hydrocolloid plaster on top overnight draws out the gunk inside. I use various types of dressings in my job and had a total aha! moment when I saw this tip on reddit.

Logged onto FB and spotted a post by Kylie cosmetics and ended up buying three of her lip kits on a whim. Ordered Maliboo, Ginger and Lovebite. Need to unfollow that FB page!!

Mugatuu have you received your lipkits yet? I know I only ordered last week but my order still says unfulfilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Wellyd wrote: »
    Mugatuu have you received your lipkits yet? I know I only ordered last week but my order still says unfulfilled!

Yep the package arrived yesterday but I was working late so I've to go pick them up at the Post Office. Email them if there's been no movement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Scraggs wrote: »
    LexieOnRale it might be too late for your event but if you ever have one of those under skin spots using a hydrocolloid plaster on top overnight draws out the gunk inside. I use various types of dressings in my job and had a total aha! moment when I saw this tip on reddit.

This reddit tip changed my life :pac: love skincareaddiction

• Advertisement

Yep the package arrived yesterday but I was working late so I've to go pick them up at the Post Office. Email them if there's been no movement

I'm not going to panic just yet! It says processing orders takes 3-5 days but if I don't see any change in the next day or 2 I'll email them.

Advertisement