Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Scraggs wrote: »
    Went to the Professional Beauty show in the RDS and bought a Decleor advent calender on a whim. Interested to see if I will have the willpower to keep it until December or will I rip it open in the meantime!

If it's before December then it applies to the previous Christmas not this one- opening is well overdue in fact!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Double wear has gone up to €40 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ive long been a fan of inglots false lash mascara. So, when I saw theyd released a new mascara (long for) I bought it expecting good things.

The brush is horrible. The formula is too wet. The brush doesn't brush through all the lashes so they're clumped together and the finished result is not unlike when I used the collection 2000 mascara from the pound shop when I was 11.

I had to comb through it with an old mascara wand, then completely wipe both my eyelids with micellar water, as well as underneath angry it still looks cheap and tacky. Will not be using it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Was asked over the weekend again if I was wearing false eyelashes, this is the second time I've been asked that whilst wearing urban decay perversion!

I got a sample of the new all nighter foundation in the palest shade. The colour match is perfect for me, and I am impressed with the finish, but a make up artist friend of mine has told me that it oxidises badly so I will keep an eye and report back! I hope it doesn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Just pre ordered the look fantastic advent calendar! Figured it'll keep me in check in December :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Was asked over the weekend again if I was wearing false eyelashes, this is the second time I've been asked that whilst wearing urban decay perversion!

I got a sample of the new all nighter foundation in the palest shade. The colour match is perfect for me, and I am impressed with the finish, but a make up artist friend of mine has told me that it oxidises badly so I will keep an eye and report back! I hope it doesn't :(

I've heard that about it oxidising too but thankfully hasn't happened me. I use the palest shade too and it's a great match, may even be the tiniest bit too pale! The only thing I don't love about it is I find it's a very dry finish (and I have combination skin), I've found it applies best with a beauty blender so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I just spent $72 on ColourPop lip products that I didn't really need... Damn you 'Free International Shipping' for the weekend! I'll probably get stung for Customs too. You never really make good decisions shopping online in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Alicat wrote: »
    I just spent $72 on ColourPop lip products that I didn't really need... Damn you 'Free International Shipping' for the weekend! I'll probably get stung for Customs too. You never really make good decisions shopping online in the middle of the night.

You're so right!!!

I made FOUR orders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seriously need help!!!

Just couldn't resist the free shipping & the cheap goodies!!

Order summary

Mile High × 1 $25.00 $20.00
    Smoke N Whistles × 1 $8.00
    Monster × 1 $8.00
    Avalon × 1 $8.00
    Wisp × 1 $8.00
    Butterfly Beach × 1 $8.00
    Might Be × 1 $8.00
    Flexitarian × 1 $8.00
    Discount (XE5LYXHN) $-5.00
    Subtotal $71.00
    Shipping $0.00
    Total $71.00 USD

Order summary

Muse × 1 $5.00
    Sequin × 1 $5.00
    Game Face × 1 $5.00
    Get Lucky × 1 $5.00
    Zingara × 1 $18.00
    Tang × 1 $5.00
    Back Up × 1 $5.00
    Where The Light Is × 1 $18.00
    KaePop × 1 $18.00
    Discount (Z9Q55AXC) $-5.00
    Subtotal $79.00
    Shipping $0.00
    Total $79.00 USD

Order summary

Femme × 1 $6.00
    Dopey × 2 $12.00
    Alyssa × 1 $6.00
    Cheerio × 1 $8.00
    Prenup × 1 $8.00
    Weenie × 1 $5.00
    Cricket × 1 $5.00
    Drift × 1 n$5.00
    Lumière × 2 $10.00
    Contempo × 1 $5.00
    Porter × 1 $5.00
    Stereo × 2 $10.00
    Discount (UTX3GH6R) $-5.00
    Subtotal $80.00
    Shipping $0.00
    Total $80.00 USD

Order summary

Dove × 1 $5.00 $0.00
    Illuminati × 1 $5.00
    Sticky Sweet × 1 $8.00
    Discount (N6KY9W52) $-5.00
    Subtotal $8.00
    Shipping $4.99
    Total $12.99 USD

Feel so guilty for spending so much on makeup. :(

But I am putting it all away for Christmas so my hubby & children can 'give' it to me then. :D

I'm not even going to open the packages when they come. :eek:

I will ask a mate to check everything is ok with them!!!

I am now imposing a spending ban on myself...lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

ShazGV wrote: »
    I've heard that about it oxidising too but thankfully hasn't happened me. I use the palest shade too and it's a great match, may even be the tiniest bit too pale! The only thing I don't love about it is I find it's a very dry finish (and I have combination skin), I've found it applies best with a beauty blender so far.

Didn't oxidise on me either :)
    I also wasn't the biggest fan of the finish... And it certainly didn't last all day, never mind all night, around my chin area BUT in saying that that's a problem I have with all foundations :(

Also thanks I've decided I'm going to get a beauty blender on Friday when I get paid :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I made a colourpop order myself. I have made three other orders with them previously, spending around 70 dollars on each. This order was smaller but couldn't resist because of the reduced shipping offer.

Fudg'd × 1
    Chi Pencil × 1
    Chi × 1
    Fairy Floss × 1
    BFF Pencil 2 × 1
    Weho × 1

I got 3 glosses, 1 matte lip and 2 pencils.

The only things I wouldn't recommend are their blush and bronzers, not a fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

$5 flat rate shipping on kylie cosmetics for 48 hours! From 6pm tomorrow evening!

Mine should arrive home with my boyfriend on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Going to the states in a couple of weeks & I'm already making my Sephora list.
    Already I have Huda liquid lipsticks, ABH Renaissance pallet, brow pomade and liquid lipsticks on the list and I'm toying with buying the clarisonic Mia.
    Gonna pick up a glamglow mask and a few beauty blenders too.

Anyone have any recommendations? Also interested in picking up a face peel treatment but will have to do more research before deciding. Have a few hundred to spend so any suggestions are welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

I made a colourpop order myself. I have made three other orders with them previously, spending around 70 dollars on each. This order was smaller but couldn't resist because of the reduced shipping offer.

Fudg'd × 1
    Chi Pencil × 1
    Chi × 1
    Fairy Floss × 1
    BFF Pencil 2 × 1
    Weho × 1

I got 3 glosses, 1 matte lip and 2 pencils.

The only things I wouldn't recommend are their blush and bronzers, not a fan.

Did you get hit with customs?

Getting anxious now...buyer's remorse!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Going to the states in a couple of weeks & I'm already making my Sephora list.
    Already I have Huda liquid lipsticks, ABH Renaissance pallet, brow pomade and liquid lipsticks on the list and I'm toying with buying the clarisonic Mia.
    Gonna pick up a glamglow mask and a few beauty blenders too.

Anyone have any recommendations? Also interested in picking up a face peel treatment but will have to do more research before deciding. Have a few hundred to spend so any suggestions are welcome!

I'd recommend checking out Tarte, especially their eyeshadow palettes and blusters.
    I'd also recommend a visit to Ulta if there's one near where you're going.
    Brands such as Revlon and NYX are much cheaper in the US and have a wider range of products available so might be worth checking out if you're interested in them.
    Sinead from The Beautiful Truth did a US shopping guide on her blog a while back, worth a read for inspiration!
    Enjoy the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Tilly wrote: »
    Double wear has gone up to €40 :eek:

Still €37 in Boots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Wellyd wrote: »
    $5 flat rate shipping on kylie cosmetics for 48 hours! From 6pm tomorrow evening!

Mine should arrive home with my boyfriend on Friday!

I saw this yesterday!!! Can't wait!!! LEO you will be mine!!!!
    What colours did you get again?

Valentina wrote: »
    Still €37 in Boots :)

I got it in Boots in Swords at the weekend and they charged me €40 :mad:

What?!

I ordered it online this morning from boots.ie and it's €37 :confused:

Valentina wrote: »
    What?!

I ordered it online this morning from boots.ie and it's €37 :confused:

That's pants. The woman said it goes up €2 every August when i questioned the price, she said this year it went up €3. I'll be looking for a new foundation when this bottle runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

keredern wrote: »

I bought 3 kylie matte lipsticks and got hit with €24.75 customs!!:o :o That's the end of that! :pac:

• Advertisement

Mugatuu wrote: »
    keredern wrote: »

I bought 3 kylie matte lipsticks and got hit with 24.75 customs!!:o :o That's the end of that! :pac:
    UGH!!!! I was gona buy one today with the 5dollar international shipping :(

How are they? what colours did you get?

mcgiggles wrote: »
    UGH!!!! I was gona buy one today with the 5dollar international shipping :(

How are they? what colours did you get?

Maliboo - really nice nude colour.
    Ginger - weird coral / orange/ red colour. not mad about it, doesn't suit my skin tone :pac:
    Lovebite - dark purple/mauve colour - really like it so far!

Previously got Dolce K and its like a slightly darker version of Velvet Teddy! Really like it !

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Maliboo - really nice nude colour.
    Ginger - weird coral / orange/ red colour. not mad about it, doesn't suit my skin tone :pac:
    Lovebite - dark purple/mauve colour - really like it so far!

Previously got Dolce K and its like a slightly darker version of Velvet Teddy! Really like it !

Oh lovely! and how do they wear? I've my heart set on Leo :D
    Aww pity about Ginger it looks like it'd be a lovely colour! :(

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Oh lovely! and how do they wear? I've my heart set on Leo :D
    Aww pity about Ginger it looks like it'd be a lovely colour! :(

Thought ginger would be lovely too, It's rusty orange in the tube! They wear well and a little goes a long way, wouldn't wear them out to dinner as the oil in food takes it off. Getting great use out of the lipliners and find them very good

I just worked out how much it cost in total and I'm floored!
    3 lip-kits and shipping was €91.62
    Customs was €24.75
    Total €116.37 :O feck!!

One of my friends got the Kyshadow palette and is fairly underwhelmed with it..!

That's pants. The woman said it goes up €2 every August when i questioned the price, she said this year it went up €3. I'll be looking for a new foundation when this bottle runs out.

A price increase of €2-3 every year?! They are having a laugh. It doesn't even come with a proper pump dispenser. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I hated double wear, it left me looking like a creepy porcelain doll. I would in my Swiss be paying 40 euro for a bottle.
    I'm still obsessed with Kevyn Aucoins the sensual fluid foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

That is mad!! Although I paid 38 for my last bottle a few months ago. Won't be purchasing again for a while. Still a little tanned from summer and DW is washing me out.

(And I wanna justify buying Kat von D Lock It.:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

I hated double wear, it left me looking like a creepy porcelain doll. I would in my Swiss be paying 40 euro for a bottle.
    I'm still obsessed with Kevyn Aucoins the sensual fluid foundation

Hated it too. Looked like chalk on my face.

Using a clarins fluid tient foundation now getting on very well with it. Good coverage but feels so light on.

Mugatuu wrote:
    Thought ginger would be lovely too, It's rusty orange in the tube! They wear well and a little goes a long way, wouldn't wear them out to dinner as the oil in food takes it off. Getting great use out of the lipliners and find them very good

Cool.. thanks for the tip ;-) just ordered Leo with the $5 shipping it was $34 so whatever that is in euro! :-) will let you know how it is when it la ds :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Nyx cosmetics are open today in arnotts, I was just in to buy some things and I got a free goodie bag and cute cookie! The bag is a pink lip shaped make-up bag with a full size bottle of pore filler primer, two lipliners and a lollipop.

Advertisement