Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I made a cult beauty order after a glass of wine and ordered to the WRONG address, I sent it to my apartment (ie. Billing Address) which I'm never at when an post deliver, I'm freaking out now how I'll get my order. FFS :*(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

GingerLily wrote: »
    I made a cult beauty order after a glass of wine and ordered to the WRONG address, I sent it to my apartment (ie. Billing Address) which I'm never at when an post deliver, I'm freaking out now how I'll get my order. FFS :*(

They will leave a slip in your letter box and you go to your local depot and collect it.

meeeeh wrote: »

They will leave a slip in your letter box and you go to your local depot and collect it.

My last local depot only opened during working hours, when I have work. I'll probably not be able to get to it at all. I'm seriously stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Have you tried contacting them they might be able to help! Or has it already shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

meeeeh wrote: »

My last local depot only opened during working hours, when I have work. I'll probably not be able to get to it at all. I'm seriously stressed.

There's s section on the slip that you can fill out to nominate someone to collect it on your behalf.

• Advertisement

I don't have anyone to collect it and it's already been shipped, ugh this is so frustrating.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I don't have anyone to collect it and it's already been shipped, ugh this is so frustrating.......

When An Post drop in the 'Sorry we missed you card' you can fill in this online form to have it redelivered somewhere else

https://managingmail.anpost.ie/redelivery/

Valentina wrote: »

When An Post drop in the 'Sorry we missed you card' you can fill in this online form to have it redelivered somewhere else

https://managingmail.anpost.ie/redelivery/

Thanks, now I can look I forward to my purchases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

keredern wrote: »
    Did you get hit with customs?

Getting anxious now...buyer's remorse!!!! :eek:

Yeah I did unfortunately! Still worth it imo.

Got the ultimate basics yesterday! The packaging is disgustingly beautiful with a huge mirror- very 'naked-on-the-run-esque'- and the colours are great!

Messed around with it last night but it didn't really blow me away... The shimmer shade is so neutral that it doesn't really come up on my skin id prefer a much stronger colour for highlighting.. The other colours are lovely I found myself making looks that have become staples when using the ABH modern Renaissance palette with the purples and that gorgeous rusty red shade, but this UD one would be so much more portable (mostly out of fear) as it's more compact and in tougher packaging.

Glad I got it overall I don't have many neutral palettes but at the same price point as the other nakeds (1-3) need to remember that this is less a basic palette and more a restructured Naked 4 with slightly less product (fill weight 1.2g vs 1.3 for other naked palettes) and a smaller brush!

• Advertisement

After all my complaining the post man delivered it at 7.30 this morning, lol, I feel silly!

So I got the Becca Youthful glow kit

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-cosmetics-best-of-becca-youthful-glow-kit.html

I wanted the primer and undereye corrector so this was great value for me-even used it this morning.
    I'm a little hungover today so my skin needed a pick me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Thinking of heading to Arnotts at the weekend to buy one of the new NYX eyeshaddow pallets - has anyone tried yet?

I recently bought one of the MAC pallets going through the airport, and now I also want to buy the Naked Basics one because I have Naked 1,2 and 3 and love them.

Am I mad? It seems like I'll have rather a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just purchased the Naked Ultimate Basics palette solely for that gorgeous rusty orange colour. Am dying to try it. Barely noticed all the other colours that one just grabbed my attention straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Also bought the new UD Naked basics ultimate. Didnt need it but that didnt stop me :). I was originally planning on buying it before I opted for the Kat Von D one but had to have it when i seen it in the flesh :) - clearly I have a problem :):):)
    It will actually fit into my collection as have not only hit pan on the original basics palettes but actually have empty pans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Placed my first cloud ten beauty order! They've a 15% off code at the moment valid until 9am tomorrow (autumn is the code)

I got a lottie London beauty blender, as it's supposedly as good as the beauty blender but only 6.50. I also got two blank canvas eye brushes, an E10 and an E26. Should arrive on Monday :)

Placed my first cloud ten beauty order! They've a 15% off code at the moment valid until 9am tomorrow (autumn is the code)

I got a lottie London beauty blender, as it's supposedly as good as the beauty blender but only 6.50. I also got two blank canvas eye brushes, an E10 and an E26. Should arrive on Monday :)

The blank canvas brushes are really good - I didnt think they would be but was really surprised. The f20 flat kabuki is my favourite foundation brush! The E26 is just as good as the mac 217 at a fraction of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

fifi28 wrote: »
    The blank canvas brushes are really good - I didnt think they would be but was really surprised. The f20 flat kabuki is my favourite foundation brush! The E26 is just as good as the mac 217 at a fraction of the price!

Good to hear! I adore my 217 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Would love to hear more opinions from people who got Naked Basics Ultimate!

Would love to hear more opinions from people who got Naked Basics Ultimate!

Will report back when I give it a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Have to take a break from eyelashes for a while. I'm going to have yumi lashes done today. Will report back

• Advertisement

If anyone likes No7 moisturiser boots have a great set on sale for 75 with day cream, night cream, face serum, body serum, hand cream and eye cream. It's fantastic value!!

Also thanks to a Wayne Goss vid on YT I bought a good few products by The Ordinary. Can't wait to try them out when they arrive!

https://www.victoriahealth.com/brand/The-Ordinary/1053

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Ran out of foundation recently so as Boots had a BOGOHP offer I stocked up.

I picked up Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation (my usual one) and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation, I tried the gel one the other day, its lovely, gives a gorgeous finish that's sheer but buildable, however, it does cling to and show up dry skin. I have dry skin around my nose in the colder weather (not flaky or anything) but it clung to it and showed it up something rotten, so I'll need to prime or something and see if that helps with showing it up.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Bourjois-Healthy-Mix-foundation_1313681/

http://www.boots.ie/en/Bourjois-Healthy-Mix-Serum-Gel-foundation_1238033/

I had Boots points so picked up two Real Techniques sponges as my old one was fit for the bin.

I got the Miracle Complexion Sponge and the new Miracle Sculpting Sponge, which I'm excited to try as I heard Sharon Farrell raving about the sculpting sponge in a recent video so though as it was BOGOHP I'd give it a try and see.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Real-Techniques-Miracle-Complexion-Sponge_1389470/

http://www.boots.ie/en/Real-Techniques-Miracle-Sculpting-Sponge_1876408/

I want to get the GlamGlow Supermud mask as my skin is continuously breaking out on me but Ii cannot find it in stock anywhere, either near me or online. :( I've been wanting to get it for months now and haven't had any luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Have to take a break from eyelashes for a while. I'm going to have yumi lashes done today. Will report back

You will love them! Have had LVL ones done which are as far as I know exact same! Found them brilliant getting them done again for Xmas!! Something I would get done constant but just haven't been able this year!

I've gotten 3 deliveries from Kylie cosmetics and never got caught with customs. That was back in march April time so I reckon they have copped onto what they are now! When I got mine They put price of them as €1 each not sure do they do that now?

Lastly I got the becca undereye brightner! Have only used it once and found it hard to apply and think it made my under eyes dry? Anyone know the best way to apply it?

Got the hourglass ambient palette just used it today and gave a nice glow to skin! Will play around with it! bought a Jeffrey star lipstick on a whim last night but won't have it for couple of weeks! Think a ban is in order now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

First proper test on my beloved Kylie lipkits and I have to say I'm in love. I'm wearing Kristen today and it is honestly such a beautiful colour. I've had 4 cups of tea, an apple and my Sunday roast and 99% of the product is still on my lips. My father is amazed because he is forever giving out about the lipstick stains on the mugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Kylie Lipkit quick swatches!

Left to right

Mary Jo K, Kristen, Koko K and Candy K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Wellyd wrote: »
    Kylie Lipkit quick swatches!

Left to right

Mary Jo K, Kristen, Koko K and Candy K

Ooohhhh I like the look of Kristen!! I ordered Leo!

I got Sleek Matte Me in Velvet Slipper at the weekend, Stunning colour but had to layer it a little as it doesn't go on my lips evenly, then after a while it feels real cakey on.. will priming help with that? maybe if I prime I won't have to use as much?

Got 2 of the matte lip creams from Dealz the other day and OMG they are FAB!!! 1.49 I think.. I got the red and a pinkey/purpley colour (think of a slightly pinker MAC Rebel?) they last really well and feel lovely on!! There are glosses as well but I only got the matte ones! IN LOVE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Ordered the Kat Von D London calling kit on Saturday night from debenhams - it arrived midday Monday! Trooper eyeliner plus a lipgloss and lipstick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Went to the Kat Von D launch in Debenhams on Oxford St this morning. Picked up the Lock-it foundation and liquid lipstick in Lolita. Because we were waiting in the queue for the launch, we got free mini Trooper eyeliner so I'm even happier now!

Went to the Kat Von D launch in Debenhams on Oxford St this morning. Picked up the Lock-it foundation and liquid lipstick in Lolita. Because we were waiting in the queue for the launch, we got free mini Trooper eyeliner so I'm even happier now!

Let us know what you think of the foundation! I have it and I can't decide!

• Advertisement

So conflicted........

KVD shade and light eyeshadow pallete
    V
    UD ultimate naked basics

I can't decide, I'm swaying towards KVD

Advertisement