Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

* which to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

GingerLily wrote: »
    So conflicted........

KVD shade and light eyeshadow pallete
    V
    UD ultimate naked basics

I can't decide, I'm swaying towards KVD

Both are very similar, I have both and in all honesty couldnt decide which is better. Ive used the UD one yesterday and today but actually dipped into the KVD for the base shade

Went to the Kat Von D launch in Debenhams on Oxford St this morning. Picked up the Lock-it foundation and liquid lipstick in Lolita. Because we were waiting in the queue for the launch, we got free mini Trooper eyeliner so I'm even happier now!

Oh very jealous, the counter looks fab from the pics

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Anyone who purchased something got a wristband so I can go back on Saturday and possibly meet the lady herself! Going to put the foundation through its paces in the meantime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Received my colourpop package today - no customs :D

Swatches attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I got a card yesterday saying I have another 16 in customs to pay :'(

Can't wait though, will pick it up this morning.

Whats it working out per item when you factor in the customs?

fifi28 wrote: »
    So conflicted........

KVD shade and light eyeshadow pallete
    V
    UD ultimate naked basics

I can't decide, I'm swaying towards KVD

Both are very similar, I have both and in all honesty couldnt decide which is better. Ive used the UD one yesterday and today but actually dipped into the KVD for the base shade

I'm even considering cost per gram at this stage to decide between them! I like the fact the transition shade in the KVD is much larger, that's what's swaying me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Very impressed with my blank canvas E26! Haven't tried the E10 yet.

Not sure what to make of the Lottie London make up sponge

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I'm even considering cost per gram at this stage to decide between them! I like the fact the transition shade in the KVD is much larger, that's what's swaying me at the moment.

Get one yourself and one as a Xmas present of someone ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Yep I hear ya - ive been finding myself using the first shade from the KVD alot with other palettes aswell, its great for all over the eye to set eye primer. The only colours missing really from it are the burgandy shades in the UD basics

Whats it working out per item when you factor in the customs?

It's still actually only 6.30 which is still really good.

Picked it up this morning, love love love the colours. Super happy. Wish I'd picked up more of the lip pencils actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

misslt wrote: »
    It's still actually only 6.30 which is still really good.

Picked it up this morning, love love love the colours. Super happy. Wish I'd picked up more of the lip pencils actually!

And there's a pretty design on the inside of the box. You can turn it inside out and use it as storage.

Not a fan of their matte eyeshadows or bronzers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

fifi28 wrote: »

Yep I hear ya - ive been finding myself using the first shade from the KVD alot with other palettes aswell, its great for all over the eye to set eye primer. The only colours missing really from it are the burgandy shades in the UD basics

I've used my UD one a lot more but I still think as a neutrals palette the KVD is better at least value wise. Agreed the shades in the UD are more interesting.. what about the KVD interstellar palette?? Happy medium?

Also been using The Ordinary's lactic acid 10% and Niacinamide 10% and am loving them so far! X

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I decided to chance the new brand boots are stocking on their website - Makeup Obsession. From what I can gather theyre owned by the same crowd as Revolution and Freedom Makeup. The brand is entirely based around customisable palettes which I love. I got a highlight, contour and blush as well as about 8 eyeshadows and the empty palette itself and it came to about €40 I think?

The eyeshadows are only €2.50 each and the blush, highlights and contour are €4 each. I'm really impressed for the price but I have to say the highlighters are by far the best of the bunch. I'm really liking some of the eyeshadows too and I hope they introduce some more colours to the range. The empty palette was €11 and its beautiful, I'm a sucker for rose gold so got that one and it has a mirror too which I wasnt expecting.

Every time I've worn the products so far I've been complemented so they're definitely worth looking into if you have a problem like me and can't stop buying more makeup than you possibly need 😂 I think some large boots stores like Liffey Valley might actually have a stand in store but my local one doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I got my Kylie Lipkit yesterday.. No customs on it! I got the colour Leo, its a real burgundy colour and I have to say I love it so far! I haven't used it for a night out yet, but I wore it for a while last night, the pencil is really soft and easy to use, its got great colour in it, and the box says to use one layer of the matte lip cream, so I did and the colour is amazing!!! it goes on so easily and its real creamy texture! I can't wait to wear it out!!!

I went with KVD shade and light eye pallete in the end, I've so much UD already, 5/6 palettes, time for a change!
    Bought the KVD lock it setting powder, it looks great from reviews I've read, I want to try this 'baking' thing I keep hearing about from makeup gurus!

I also did a skincare boots order taking advantage of the 3 for 2 offers ;
    vichy aqualia eye and face serums, nuxe lip balm, Bioderma miscellar water and LRP serozinc, all repurchases....
    for some strange reason "boots beauty must haves" was added to my basket (I spent >70e), but I can't see this offer advertised anywhere, I better get now! I only completed the order because it was added to my basket, lol

I went KVD in the end shade and light eye pallete in the end, I've so much UD already, 5/6 palettes, time for a change!
    Bought the KVD lock it setting powder, it looks great from reviews I've read, I want to try this 'baking' thing I keep hearing about from makeup gurus!

I also did a skincare boots order taking advantage of the 3 for 2 offers ;
    vichy aqualia eye and face serums, nuxe lip balm, Bioderma miscellar water and LRP serozinc, all repurchases....
    for some strange reason "boots beauty must haves" was added to my basket (I spent >70e), but I can't see this offer advertised anywhere, I better get now! I only completed the order because it was added to my basket, lol

Ah you wont be sorry :), and if you drop hints santa might bring the UD one ;)

Has anyone tried the L'Or al clay shampoo yet? Is it suitable for coloured hair? I am completely out of shampoo and grabbed this today as they didn't have the ultimate blends for coloured hair which is what I normally use.

Will be interested to see if it does make my hair less greasy. Just praying it doesn't strip the colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I found the clay range crap. I was sent this during the week cause I'm blonde.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I didn't like the clay range at all - I tried the mask, shampoo and conditioner - it made my colour look very dull (short term effect) and seemed to leave a residue that just wouldn't rinse out. It made my hair look lank and... not greasy, but not clean and fresh either. Stringy might be the word? Glad I was working from samples because I'd've been disgusted to have paid for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I really liked it initially but felt afterwards it was leaving a build up on my hair.
    Honestly, I'm loving the coco brown shampoo and conditioner. I'm just finished my first set, and will repurchase it because it left my scalp feeling so clean, no build up and my hair was staying fresh for almost 3 days (it would look a little dull on the third day)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What is the big deal with Kevin Murphy products? Every blogger under the sun is praising them yet I've never used a more mediocre product in my life. It left my hair really dull looking and feeling of residue. Didn't like it at all. (I used the blonde Angel)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tilly wrote: »
    I found the clay range crap. I was sent this during the week cause I'm blonde.
    I have the shampoo, conditioner and mask from this range and found them awful.

They left my hair greasy, did feck all for it, didn't remove grease or build up but most certainly added some to it.

I was glad I got them on offer but still annoyed as I can't (well, won't) use them given how awful they are.

Not sure if it is just me but I have tried other L'Oreal hair products and never found a good one, any of them I've tried have been useless. I have an Elive Mask in my drawer that's only been used 3 times, twice by myself and once by my mam, both of us thought it was awful.

Is colour pop easy enough to find in the USA? I've a friend going over to New York soon I might be cheeky and give her a small list :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Is colour pop easy enough to find in the USA? I've a friend going over to New York soon I might be cheeky and give her a small list :pac:
    AFAIK they only sell through their website.

rougegal wrote: »
    AFAIK they only sell through their website.

Ohhh okay. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Waxperts ingrown hair pads to use after waxing. I also read the owner of the company Ellen says they're great for your tzone to prevent blackheads and spots so I tried that on Wednesday. Woke up Thursday with the skin on my nose having turned bright red and sore that later progressed onto looking a crispy brown by Friday night . Today my skin is literally coming off in sheets.
    Whatever was in them definitely burned my skin quite badly. There's no way I could wear make up over it or could've gone out this weekend as I look like something very unfortunate happened to me. If you have sensitive skin avoid ladies and gentlemen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I picked up a new serum in Aldi this evening. Didn't read the bottle to be honest, just realised how long I've been looking for a new serum to try and saw the price and flung it in the trolley!
    Used it earlier tonight and so far I really like it. It's slightly scented but not offensively so (to me, anyway) and feels very luxurious... having said that, it feels quite cool as it's going on so I presume it contains a fair amount of alcohol. It's very illuminating but not in a sparkly way - I was a bit concerned that it might be sparkly and weird looking because it's supposed to contain gold powder!
    Anyway a couple of hours after putting it on with my usual light moisturiser on top, my poor disaster of a face looks brighter, my pores look much less obvious and my skin looks a bit plumper. It feels soft and moist (hate that word).
    Not bad at all so far for under €10.
    I will persevere.
    http://rsvpmagazine.ie/aldi-selling-beauty-serum-e9-99/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Waxperts ingrown hair pads to use after waxing. I also read the owner of the company Ellen says they're great for your tzone to prevent blackheads and spots so I tried that on Wednesday. Woke up Thursday with the skin on my nose having turned bright red and sore that later progressed onto looking a crispy brown by Friday night . Today my skin is literally coming off in sheets.
    Whatever was in them definitely burned my skin quite badly. There's no way I could wear make up over it or could've gone out this weekend as I look like something very unfortunate happened to me. If you have sensitive skin avoid ladies and gentlemen!

You poor thing! Have you any La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5? I'd recommend getting some

Advertisement