Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You poor thing! Have you any La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5? I'd recommend getting some

Yes, thank you! That's what I have been using all weekend. It has helped but I still look an absolute state. I found sudocream so I'm trying that now too. Dreading anyone seeing me tomorrow now. That'll teach me now to stick to the soap and water . :/
    Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm thinking of getting a few Makeup Geek eyeshadows, the beauty bay do them for 6.20e each so roughly the same I think when you factor in customs.

Any recommedations? I particularly want a highlight shades, khaki and burgandy shades. But if there's anything you love id love to hear.

Thanks, xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

GingerLily wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a few Makeup Geek eyeshadows, the beauty bay do them for 6.20e each so roughly the same I think when you factor in customs.

Any recommedations? I particularly want a highlight shades, khaki and burgandy shades. But if there's anything you love id love to hear.

Thanks, xxx
    'Bitten' is gorgeous, one of my go-to shadows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anastasia Beverly Hills ABH Master Palette by Mario

Anastasia-Beverly-Hills-Master-Palette-By-Mario-Eyeshadow-Review.jpg

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in the shade Allison - this is a screencap from a video on their Instagram as I can't find a decent pic of the lipstick swatched on lips.

345bwut.png

This last pic of the lipstick and palette are from dulcemunekitta Instagram.

2lma1rn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

That pallet looks gorgeous stripey.
    I'm well jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Alice1

Got the Aldi serum today - feels lovely. Have to see how it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Love the Aldi serums!!
    I wonder would there be room for a thread for recommending places for treatments. I'm fed up handing out 70 odd euro for a mediocre massage in a place that is hit/miss depending on who you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

UD just removed Paypal payments from their site so you now need a UK card to make purchases! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Although technically not a make up/beauty purchase I went and got mink eyelash extensions last week and how I'm going to go back to just using mascara is beyond me! I had a €50 voucher so had to put €30 to it myself. I had my cousins wedding and I said I may aswell blow the voucher on something I wouldn't pay in full for myself! I love them. It took about 1hr 45 mins for application and I may have dozed off twice during it but definitely well worth the time. I've had so many compliments on them the last few days and even now I look as rough as a bag of hammers and someone just admired them in the supermarket.

The only real drawback for me is getting a good clean of in around my eyes. I've been using a cotton bud with eyemake up remover to clean my eyeliner but it feels like I'm not getting them squeaky clean!

Welly D you can make a wash for them with Johnstons baby shampoo. Google the recipie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Wellyd wrote: »
    Although technically not a make up/beauty purchase I went and got mink eyelash extensions last week and how I'm going to go back to just using mascara is beyond me! I had a €50 voucher so had to put €30 to it myself. I had my cousins wedding and I said I may aswell blow the voucher on something I wouldn't pay in full for myself! I love them. It took about 1hr 45 mins for application and I may have dozed off twice during it but definitely well worth the time. I've had so many compliments on them the last few days and even now I look as rough as a bag of hammers and someone just admired them in the supermarket.

The only real drawback for me is getting a good clean of in around my eyes. I've been using a cotton bud with eyemake up remover to clean my eyeliner but it feels like I'm not getting them squeaky clean!

I felt this way when I first got extensions but believe it or not I ended up kind of missing the whole mascara routine after a while! Also hated having to be soooo careful with the eye area but I do miss all the compliments, very jealous of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Oh lads stop I only said to my housemate yesterday I want to try lash extensions and she said she would too only she's afraid she'd get addicted :D which I could also see happening to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Off topic but does anyone know what this POCO thing is that Pippa is launching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Is mascara a defo no no for lash extensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Tilly wrote: »

The girl who did mine told me to avoid mascara on my top lashes and to use an oil free eye make up remover with a cotton bud to get in along my lash line.she gave me a little spoolie brush to comb through them to keep them untangled.

Tilly wrote: »

You can buy special mascara for them, and there's no rule saying you can't wear it, but it will clump the lashes together, they're harder to clean properly, and the oils will break down the bonds that adhere to the natural lash. If you're spending 120 on a set, you're better off getting a really full set, and not wearing mascara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

anna080 wrote: »
    Rumour has it could be a clothing line? Or I'd maybe venture a guess at a childrens clothing line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

It was mentioned on the skin nerds snapchat this morning she's "very excited" apparently.

On another note does anyone use the blank canvas eyeshadows? I saw a palette on cloud 10, 88 shades for €19.99. Are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

On another note does anyone use the blank canvas eyeshadows? I saw a palette on cloud 10, 88 shades for €19.99. Are they any good?
    I've only used the Masters Series palette and the Pippa palette, love them both - Pippa palette on my eyes this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

rougegal wrote: »
    'Bitten' is gorgeous, one of my go-to shadows

I ordered a few shadows for my sister as a gift and the "Mulberry" beauty bay eyeshadow collection for myself which includes bitten as one of the four shadows for just 20e. I think I'll put them in a Mac quad!

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/beautybaythecollection/themulberryeyelook/

• Advertisement

I've never got anything from Inglot before, there's none near me. I may be near a store over the weekend - is there anything you guys would recommend from Inglot, are there any must haves?

Duraline.
    LOVE their eyeshadows.
    Their black gel eyeliner.
    Their pigments.
    Their highlighter.
    Their AMC foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I love their eyeshadow primer (keeper), spendy enough but lasts forever and works like a dream!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

Cant recommend highly enough two Italian brands I picked up when there recently but which you can get shipped here also.

Kiko Milano - they are like a cheaper version of MAC with a huge range and great quality they ship here via parcelmotel or directly they have great offers recently for makeup all mascaras 3.90STG so I ordered 4! Their foundations and eyeshadows are divine and their waterproof eye pencils come in a wild array of colours and are creamy and brilland and cost 3.90stg each!

WYCON - These remind me of Inglot again top quality and great brands and offers they also shop here. Worth a shop.

If you want Inglot or Mac type make up at a fraction of the price try these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

love Kiko - always stock up when I'm away - have found some of the products to be a bit hit or miss but love their lippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I always stock up on Kiko nail varnishes when I'm away - they're really good ans start at around €1.90

I think Kiko recently opened in Belfast if anyone fancies a day drip or weekend away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Morphe 350 is now available at Cult Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

It was mentioned on the skin nerds snapchat this morning she's "very excited" apparently.

Announced this morning that it's a denim collection! Pocobypippa.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Any budget primer recommendations?

Advertisement