Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Had an awesome weekend shopping in London :D Can't wait to go back in November.:D

The beauty products I bought. :D

Make Up Academy Professional Eye Palette Heaven & Earth

267771_l.jpg

Make Up Academy Professional Extreme Felt Liner Black

267754_l.jpg

Make Up Academy Lipgloss Shade 3

204778_l.jpg

Make Up Academy Lipgloss Shade 2

204777_l.jpg

Make Up Academy Lipgloss Shade 5

picture1.jpg

Makeup Academy (MUA) Eye Liner Pencil - I got it in black, can't find a pic of it in black though.

muapencils.jpg

Make Up Academy Eyeshadow Pearl - Shade 11

24577472.jpg

The Body Shop Lip Balm - 3 for £4

Satsuma Shimmer

31432m_l.jpg

Strawberry

49473m_l.jpg

Raspberry

31430m_l.jpg

No.7 Lash Adapt

no7lashadapt.jpg

Had too many images in my previous post :o:p

No.7 Amazing Eyes Pencil - Brown

5554534410_77892c6eb8.jpg

No.7 Metallic Eyes Pencil - Purple

DSC02138.JPG

No.7 Amazing Eyes Pencil - Camouflage

no7-metallic-pencils-camouflage-gold.jpg

No.7 Eyeshadow Trio - Cappuccino

274215515A2E40BDA444BF325A7330B3.jpg

Bobbi Brown Face Base - Got two free samples and loads of foundation samples too :D

Vitamin-Enriched-Face-Base.jpg

Montagne Jeunesse face masque - Detox and de-crease

5188.jpg

Montagne Jeunesse face masque - Blackhead Blitzer

2911-tj8603-3-500.jpg

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner - Got two free samples with magazines

oil-treatments-b004v8cwmg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Had too many images in my previous post :o:p

No.7 Amazing Eyes Pencil - Brown

5554534410_77892c6eb8.jpg

No.7 Metallic Eyes Pencil - Purple

DSC02138.JPG

No.7 Amazing Eyes Pencil - Camouflage

no7-metallic-pencils-camouflage-gold.jpg

No.7 Eyeshadow Trio - Cappuccino

274215515A2E40BDA444BF325A7330B3.jpg

Bobbi Brown Face Base - Got two free samples and loads of foundation samples too :D

Vitamin-Enriched-Face-Base.jpg

Montagne Jeunesse face masque - Detox and de-crease

5188.jpg

Montagne Jeunesse face masque - Blackhead Blitzer

2911-tj8603-3-500.jpg

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner - Got two free samples with magazines

oil-treatments-b004v8cwmg.jpg
    arent those masques for men though?

and where you get the bobbi brown samples?

booboo88 wrote: »
    arent those masques for men though?

and where you get the bobbi brown samples?
    They are for men and women, my dad (who works in skincare) said anyone, male or female can use them.

I got the Bobbi Brown samples from the Bobbi Brown counter where my sister works, one of her colleagues gave them to me.

• Advertisement

They are for men and women, my dad (who works in skincare) said anyone, male or female can use them.

I got the Bobbi Brown samples from the Bobbi Brown counter where my sister works, one of her colleagues gave them to me.
    ah i see, i didnt realise there was no difference

seriously i was told that they dont get samples:mad:

ah i see, i didnt realise there was no difference

seriously i was told that they dont get samples:mad:
    Bobbi Brown do give samples.

I got samples from them before in Brown Thomas.

My sister works for BB in the UK though, so don't know if that makes any difference, it shouldn't.

For BB samples in BTs I had to bring my own jar/pot though, on my sisters counter, they have sachets and the face base came in a little jar, like in the photo.

Arnotts do BB, maybe they have samples?

Bobbi Brown do give samples.

I got samples from them before in Brown Thomas.

My sister works for BB in the UK though, so don't know if that makes any difference, it shouldn't.

For BB samples in BTs I had to bring my own jar/pot though, on my sisters counter, they have sachets and the face base came in a little jar, like in the photo.

Arnotts do BB, maybe they have samples?

im down in cork, om a bit miffed now, because i wanted to test it out before i bought it though, i love their mascara, but its alot of money for it not agree with my skin:(

im down in cork, om a bit miffed now, because i wanted to test it out before i bought it though, i love their mascara, but its alot of money for it not agree with my skin:(
    Where did you go to get samples?

I don't know of any shops in Cork that sell BB (I am not familiar with Cork), have you tried more than one place? Did you bring in a little jar/pot with you when you asked for samples?

Some staff at the BB counters don't tell you that you need to bring a pot with you.

Where did you go to get samples?

I don't know of any shops in Cork that sell BB (I am not familiar with Cork), have you tried more than one place? Did you bring in a little jar/pot with you when you asked for samples?

Some staff at the BB counters don't tell you that you need to bring a pot with you.

theres only one place in cork bts, any pot or a bobbi brown pot?

• Advertisement

theres only one place in cork bts, any pot or a bobbi brown pot?
    Any pot at all. I got a pot-stack in Boots for around €2, there was four or five pots stacked which meant I could get samples of different products rather than one product.

I'd say go back in and try again.

Any pot at all. I got a pot-stack in Boots for around €2, there was four or five pots stacked which meant I could get samples of different products rather than one product.

I'd say go back in and try again.

interesting i may go in there again and try get someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Got myself Double Wear Ecru for daily wear.

Was sick of having makeup fall off my face before the evening so decided that I may as well invest in something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Recently decided to change my make up as I was getting fed up of the shade the MAC consultant recommended to me, I seemed to look very orange. The shade was NW30 in Pro Long Wear.

So, I walked into Make Up For Ever after reading & hearing really good reviews about their foundations on how they are long lasting and really nice natural shades.

Here is what I bought:-

HD Primer 0%

http://img.makeupalley.com/1/8/4/6/1610696.JPG

HD Foundation shade 120

http://di1-1.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/5e/dc/9e/69495548-260x260-0-0_Make+Up+for+Ever+Makeup+For+Ever+HD+Invisible+Cove.jpg

I also bought 3 lipsticks, can't find the exact shades but they were on sale and got the 3 of them for 5e, Happy Days!! :-)

I am also just after purchasing loads of items on ELF as well so I can't wait to get them and give some reviews on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

lizt wrote: »
    Currently sitting with this on my feet
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhH1utNYn4vPH3qawkQdv440PK6fv2mL5oYUZoMYGDUrmf0SbZPw

It's supposed to get rid of dry skin on feet, after 4 weeks of flip flops in America, I definitely have plenty to get rid of! I'll let you know how it goes, got it for 20 euro in Hickey's Pharmacy.

Does anyone know if this can be bought in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

Recently bought a Catrice foundation.

catriceinfinitemattfoundation.jpg

I bought it on a whim as I was almost out of my usual (more expensive) foundation and just wanted something cheap to tide me over for daytime. I bought it thinking : "Sure it's cheap, it doesn't matter if it's no good. I can use it for a few days during the daytime and use my nice stuff for occasions till I can get some more".

I tried it and now I wear it all the time! I haven't gone back to my old foundation and wear this on nights out too! I was very surprised by how good it actually is. Although it doesn't last the 18hours boasted on the lovely heavy frosted-glass packaging, it does wear well. Other foundations tend to cling to my dry spots but I found this really good at hiding those and not drying them out (which is strange for a matte foundation).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

This stuff is AMAZING. Wasn't sure it would work, my hair had dried out big time and was very difficult to straighten- no matter what I did, bits would stick out and it wouldn't stay straight. Tried Treat Me Right and noticed the difference while drying my hair- so silky! Only took 10 minutes to straighten my hair, which fell straight into place no problem. It looked like I had naturally straight hair! 10/10

I really like Infinite Matt by Catrice but the shade is slightly too sallow looking on me, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

VO5 Treat Me Right
    This stuff is AMAZING. Wasn't sure it would work,.
    Payday today *happy dance* and wanted to buy something.....so this is going to be my first purchase. Hair is sooo dry its disgraceful! Will report back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Going to be so broke:( Was in Sam McCauleys and saw they had a Clarins promotion with 3 half size products with 2 or more purchases.

So I got
    41Zo0Wf35NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Which had €10 off already, €29.99

And I also got the "Instant Smooth" primer which gets mostly good reviews.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwm-wQcIbAHq_TATTkhBx1h-VjXKBoJYKURE76v2Z5fbrldhsR
    And for my free things I got
    Beauty Flash Balm, Instant eye make up remover and extra firming day cream. Also got a tester of the Everlasting foundation to try at home.

Then I got got a waterpik Cordless Dental water jet in boots, for €11.75. It seemed like a good idea at the time but it gets terrible reviews:( Also picked up a boots expert dental pick, scaler and mirror for €1, Trevor Sorbie Beautiful curls conditioner for €1.70, Timotei Conditioner for €1 and some ultrasound gel, for no other reason than it was €1 and I might dig out my slendertone thingy and use it:pac:

Keep meaning to get some of the Vo5 stuff that's recommended here all the time but always forget any time I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I won a L'Oreal Lash Architect 4D Mascara (Black not waterproof) and I love it! The lashes do look longer and thicker, it takes a minute to dry but they don't feel heavy or clumpy. I never would have bought it myself :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Been using garnier Bb cream a week now and not over awed by it maybe it's just me I find dermalogica tinted moisturiser better. Plus something is giving me flaky skin on my eye lids grrr have a few new products and not sure of culprit yet as I do have sensitive skin.

Picked up a little stila pallette last night on beauty bay with a twenty percent off code can't wait for it to arrive also got some essie polishes. Picked up treacle moon shower gel the other day the raspberry one oh my god it smells so nice!! And I ordered me a box of crest strips online

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

im_1-3.jpg

1000 Hour Nail Foils, in red. Gonna pop these on soon so I'll post about 'em in the nail varnish thread.

FrenchManicure_TipGuides_thumb%5B1%5D.png

Essence French Manicure tip guides. I'm gonna use these with coloured nail varnish as opposed to the usual French Manicure.

ess_LashBrowGelMasc_N_18.png

Essence Lash & Brow Gel.

EyebrowDesign02.png

Essence eyebrow designer, in 02 Brown.

upcoming-collections-collection-2000collectio-L-vfZ4b_.jpeg

Collection 2000 Smokey Eyes. I have the Benefit version, so I bought this 'cause it's a fraction of the price and I wanted to see the difference. I haven't actually used it yet, but will report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Went to Mac yesterday and picked up Illict lipglass.

3050540.jpg

Love this, it's not too sticky and not too opaque. I love nude colours.

Also replenished my Angel lipstick, it's one of my favourites. It's pink but not too OTT.

mac_angel001.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

MAC-Fluidline1.jpg

Mac Blacktrack - a beauty essential!

5a293b00919735fbfa0c4ae1869b2fb1cf4ba1ab-200.jpg

Small pic, sorry! It's a double ended eyebrow tool from Sephora. One end is a brush for shaping and the other is a slanted brush for filling in. Very good brushes, all I need to do now is learn how to fill with eyeshadow properly!

Also got two mascaras but have yet to try them so will wait to review them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I recently bought the elf studio tinted moisturizer in nude and I love it! For $3 it's perfect for summer days, especially where I live it's so humid right now, foundation just is too heavy for everyday use.

I also bought the eyelid primer for $1 and the liquid eyeliner in black, brown, and blue (it was a pack of 3 for $3). The primer is decent, although I still prefer my UD primer (although my budget doesn't allow for it anymore). I'm pretty bad at liquid eyeliner but I thought since it was so cheap I could practice with it... I like it, defo recommend it.

Has anyone tried out the new Benefit They're Real mascara? So tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The primer is decent, although I still prefer my UD primer (although my budget doesn't allow for it anymore).

Do you still have the little bottles from your UD primer potion? I had three (just the little ones that come free with the palettes) that I thought were empty cause I could get anything more out the them with the wand so I cut them in half and then cut the bottom off them and got loooooads out of them. I did this in around March and haven't had to buy any pp since and still have more than half of what I got out left, and I use it every day! I had a little tub for foundation testers that I emptied and popped it in to. I reckon the next time I have to buy PP I'll just do this to begin with, it's much easier to apply from the tub with the tip of my finger. You should give it a go if you still have the bottles, well worth it. Just be careful when cutting them in half, I learned the hard way :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Do you still have the little bottles from your UD primer potion? I had three (just the little ones that come free with the palettes) that I thought were empty cause I could get anything more out the them with the wand so I cut them in half and then cut the bottom off them and got loooooads out of them. I did this in around March and haven't had to buy any pp since and still have more than half of what I got out left, and I use it every day! I had a little tub for foundation testers that I emptied and popped it in to. I reckon the next time I have to buy PP I'll just do this to begin with, it's much easier to apply from the tub with the tip of my finger. You should give it a go if you still have the bottles, well worth it. Just be careful when cutting them in half, I learned the hard way :o

I saw a video on youtube about cutting them in half and I was gutted cause I threw one out when I thought it was empty! Then I got a little one with my Naked palette... Think UD has changed their bottles though to squeezy tubes if I remember rightly which makes me more willing to purchase again in the future. That little wand was just a pain! But the tub idea is a good idea, I'll keep it in mind when I get to that stage! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My new favourite eyeshadow! Cannot believe how good this is...

essenceeyesoufflepasdes.jpg

I honestly didnt think this would be any good for a cream eyeshadow.Its from the Essence Ballerina range in the Beacon Shopping Centre chemist..€2.79. Ive yet to find a cream shadow that doesnt crease after a few hours. I wore this all day on Friday in work. It was a really busy day and i was running around like a mad thing....it literally didnt budge!!! The term "soufflé" is a bit misleading as i thought this would be fluffy and light and id need loads of it. Its really thick and you only need a small bit of it.I got the colour above and its a light/medium copper colour. 10/10 for me :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Has anyone tried out the new Benefit They're Real mascara? So tempted...

I got it! If I remember later I'll take a pic with it on.

I tried it in-store and it looked amazing, but I was barefaced so it looked more obvious and wow, so looking forward to seeing it with a face of make up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

anniehoo wrote: »
    My new favourite eyeshadow! Cannot believe how good this is...

essenceeyesoufflepasdes.jpg

Wow - can't wait to try this out! I love the benefit cream shadows but they're way too dear. Love a cream shadow for just throwing on of a morning :) Little or no work in them :)

Advertisement