Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I really like the Flormar one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Announced this morning that it's a denim collection! Pocobypippa.com

Really? Meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was asked today if I'd be interested in trying the vampire facial.
    I think I'd be in a heap at the first stage, queen queasy.
    But I've been researching it and it looks good. Won't lie, I'm nervous though.
    Has anyone tried it? I'm a bit apprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Over the last few months the KP on my upper arms had gotten really bad and seemed to be moving on to my lower arms. :(

Two or three weeks ago I started using this Bioré charcoal soap bar on my arms and the KP has all but cleared up, with just a few bumps on my upper arms.

Bioré say you can also use it on your face but I haven't tried this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

dee_mc wrote: »
    I really like the Flormar one
    It's good as a primer but I've found the scent really over powering and I wouldn't be sensitive to smells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Any budget primer recommendations?

Catrice Prime & Refine (white or pink bottle) is really good.

It's about €5.50.

Or if you can stretch to €22, the Boots No7 range are great.

The pore minimizing one is great.

Have to agree about the Floramar one, it stinks!

All above are cruelty free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

keredern wrote: »
    Catrice Prime & Refine (white or pink bottle) is really good.

It's about €5.50.

Or if you can stretch to €22, the Boots No7 range are great.

The pore minimizing one is great.

Have to agree about the Floramar one, it stinks!

All above are cruelty free too.

Have to agree on the No7 ones, I switched from benefit porefessional to the pore minimizing one for my tzone and I use the radiance one on the rest of my face! Love them and they last ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Just back from London where I picked up some Kat Von D. So excited to try it out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I got a sample of the KVD Lock it foundation. I hated it. It was flaky and clung to dry patches and separated completely around my nose where I am quite oily. It settled into fine lines as well. I was so disappointed, I really wanted to love it as I love everything else I have tried from her stuff.

Boots have any 2 Bourjois products for €15 so I got 2 bottles of the Healthy Mix foundation. (Normally €13 each.) I got one that matches my skin tone pretty much perfectly and one a shade darker for when I'm tanned.

Wearing it today for the first time and have to say I love it! It looks really natural, like I don't have make up on, which is the look I wanted, particularly in work. I didn't have time to use my beauty blender so just used a cheapo kabuki brush to apply and it's still flawless. No lines or streaks, no patchiness.

Going to stick with it for work etc and save my Double Wear for nights out but when the DW is gone I think I'll be replacing it with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Valentina wrote: »
    Boots have any 2 Bourjois products for 15 so I got 2 bottles of the Healthy Mix foundation. (Normally 13 each.) I got one that matches my skin tone pretty much perfectly and one a shade darker for when I'm tanned.

Wearing it today for the first time and have to say I love it! It looks really natural, like I don't have make up on, which is the look I wanted, particularly in work. I didn't have time to use my beauty blender so just used a cheapo kabuki brush to apply and it's still flawless. No lines or streaks, no patchiness.

Going to stick with it for work etc and save my Double Wear for nights out but when the DW is gone I think I'll be replacing it with this.
    Ha - could not agree with you more. I did exaclty the same as you last week and think Ill be using this foundation for a long time ( swtiched from the 1-2-3 blend ) - healthy mix especially the serum/gel version is a lovely foundation and for 7.50 a bottle at mo in boots when you buy 2 is some bargain at the moment ... Stock pile I say ; >!!

whatever76 wrote: »
    Ha - could not agree with you more. I did exaclty the same as you last week and think Ill be using this foundation for a long time ( swtiched from the 1-2-3 blend ) - healthy mix especially the serum/gel version is a lovely foundation and for 7.50 a bottle at mo in boots when you buy 2 is some bargain at the moment ... Stock pile I say ; >!!

Stock pile, yes, great idea! :D

What's the difference between the regular healthy mix and the serum? Is it just lighter coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bought two Dealz lipglosses today on the recommendation of a snapchat make up artist. They are so gloopy and gross, feel horrible on the lips. Don't waste your €1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi can anyone recommend a good eye cream - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Been using Estee Lauder night repair serum for a few weeks now. I LOVE it.

I've found every night too much so use every second night.

Also using the garnier moisture bomb moisturiser. It's a lovely gel like consistency and my skin seems to soak it up really well.

Cool thanks will check them both out - do you find they help with reducing fine lines around the eyes ? It's like all of a sudden I'm spotting all these lines !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

claregal1 wrote: »
    Cool thanks will check them both out - do you find they help with reducing fine lines around the eyes ? It's like all of a sudden I'm spotting all these lines !

Oh sorry claregal1. It was just a review of products didn't see your question.

Tbh I'm using an eye gel I got in aldi!! Small red round pot think it's called expert eye gel. Find it great. €5.99

Estee Lauder do one especially for eye area too. Might be worth getting a sample of it from one of their counters. It's silly expensive so worth trying before buying.

La.de.da wrote: »
    Oh sorry claregal1. It was just a review of products didn't see your question.

Tbh I'm using an eye gel I got in aldi!! Small red round pot think it's called expert eye gel. Find it great. €5.99

Estee Lauder do one especially for eye area too. Might be worth getting a sample of it from one of their counters. It's silly expensive so worth trying before buying.
    Thanks La La- I actually have the one from Aldi myself but can't really see any difference so don't mind spending more on a different product if it does the job .

claregal1 wrote: »
    Thanks La La- I actually have the one from Aldi myself but can't really see any difference so don't mind spending more on a different product if it does the job .

Dermalogica Eye complex care from the age smart range is amazing. I no longer work with the Dermalogica range but I will never be convinced there's a better eye cream on the market. It is expensive, ask the salon for samples before you buy.

Thanks Lexi on Rale will check that out . Is it only available in Salons or can it be purchased in chemists ?

• Advertisement

Dermalogica stockists, very few chemists will have it. Have a look on kudos beauty or millies.ie they're usually cheaper on those sites

Thanks for all your help .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

anna080 wrote: »
    Bought two Dealz lipglosses today on the recommendation of a snapchat make up artist. They are so gloopy and gross, feel horrible on the lips. Don't waste your 1.50
    Did you get the gloss or the matte ones? I got 2 matte ones and they are lovely on, real smooth and soft, I actually bought a gloss one thinking it was matte, realised it wasn't and so haven't tried it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Valentina wrote: »
    whatever76 wrote: »

Stock pile, yes, great idea! :D

What's the difference between the regular healthy mix and the serum? Is it just lighter coverage?
    Very little differance i think - the Gel version for me goes on smoother and just sits better on my skin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The serum is far superior on my skin, the orginal version is a bit chalky on me as I've dry skin.

Got the bourjois healthy mix serum foundation and powder for 15e, the foundation alone costs more than 16e! Bargain!

Thanks people! :) I may pick up a bottle while the offer is still running.

Is the matching concealer any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The concealer is popular on boots reviews but I didn't like it, personal preference rather than it being a bad concealer.

I really rate their CC cream too (it's identical to a foundation) the coverage is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Has anyone ever used anything from the Irish brand Cailyn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Wow, that's the sale price!

How long would this last lexis?

Advertisement