Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

amor3 wrote: »
    Wow, that's the sale price!

How long would this last lexis?
    You use VERY sparingly. It's extremely active. Mine is open I'd say about 6 months and I'm nowhere near the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

You use VERY sparingly. It's extremely active. Mine is open I'd say about 6 months and I'm nowhere near the end of it.

I have really sensitive eyes, I'll try get a sample first, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used anything from the Irish brand Cailyn?

I have their gelux eyebrow in hazelnut. I think its amazing. I keep mine in the hot press as I found it difficult to use at room temp. But colour payoff is great. And it lasts really well. I tried their HD foundation at a counter and I thought the coverage was good but a little goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I am absolutely loving my Kat Von D Chrysylis palette, I've used it every day this week. Honestly the colours are more beautiful than any photos of it I've seen!

The Lock It foundation is definitely one for nights out. It is full on but the finish is gorgeous and I find it blends really well with a damp sponge. I have dry skin but still getting on ok with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I am absolutely loving my Kat Von D Chrysylis palette, I've used it every day this week. Honestly the colours are more beautiful than any photos of it I've seen!

The Lock It foundation is definitely one for nights out. It is full on but the finish is gorgeous and I find it blends really well with a damp sponge. I have dry skin but still getting on ok with it!

Oh no I'm literally just off the debenhams website having talked myself out of pay day treating myself :pac: I'm dying to try some of her eyeshadows, raw power and synergy look just stunning, and thunderstruck is meant to be lovely as a highlighter. But they're 20 quid each!!

How did you decide what shade to get in the foundation? I'm a pale redhead I'd be 0.5 or 1.0 in Urban Decay and NW15 in mac..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Thunderstruck is AMAZING. I tried it out but couldn't justify buying any more (especially as there are highlighters in the chrysalis palette)so my best friend and I are buying it for eachother for Xmas! The sales assistant was dark skinned and it looked like an iridescent gold on her, whereas on me it looked like a pale pink... just really seems to work on everyone.

I went to London last weekend so I got colour matched in Debenhams there. I'm also very pale, NC15 in Mac and got matched with Light 42 Neutral.

It's as well the liquid lipstick stand was too busy to even get near!

I say go for it! Sometimes you have to treat yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

If anyone is looking for an alternative to the beauty blender I'd recommend the Lottie London one. I quite like it, it's gives a very natural finish which I like. Still think I'll eventually try the beauty blender itself but at 6.50 the Lottie London one is ideal for getting a feel of make up sponges if you've not used one before.

I'm still not sure on the urban decay all nighter foundation. I love the finish of it when I apply it with my sponge but I'm not sure I'm impressed with the staying power of it. The shade is perfect for me though (I have it in the palest)

Also been using urban decay 24/7 perversion liquid liner instead of my Kat Von D tattoo liner lately as that's on its last legs, and I think I may prefer it!

And I have to mention the perversion mascara again it's just brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Valentina wrote: »
    Thanks people! :) I may pick up a bottle while the offer is still running.

Is the matching concealer any good?
    Got both at the weekend and I love the foundation so far - the serum one is light coverage and the other one is medium coverage, according to the stand anyways. I like the concealer it takes a light layer and another little bit on top to cover my dark circles but it sets nicely and doesn't go all weird in my creases :) (smile lines I swear ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If anyone is considering an advent calendar this year fleurdeforce.com has a good rundown of the main ones, and a video featuring her 10 favourite ones on her youtube channel.
    I don't think I'll bother with a calendar but am a bit tempted by the M&S one, seems like amazing value!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

dee_mc wrote: »
    If anyone is considering an advent calendar this year fleurdeforce.com has a good rundown of the main ones, and a video featuring her 10 favourite ones on her youtube channel.
    I don't think I'll bother with a calendar but am a bit tempted by the M&S one, seems like amazing value!
    I saw that this morning. The M&S one looks fab. Some of the others were eye wateringly expensive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar Contents 2016

Alpha H Liquid Gold
    Autograph All in one Nail Colour in Cranberry
    Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with Vitamin E & Peppermint
    Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm
    Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner in Black
    Filorga Time Filler
    Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream
    Josh Wood Radiant Shine Hair Treatment Oil
    Leighton Denny Mini Crystal Nail File
    Look Good Feel Better Mini Powder Brush
    Nails Inc Gel One Coat Nail Polish in Piccadilly Court
    Neal’s Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream
    Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
    Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm
    Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
    Pixi Brow Tamer
    Pur Minerals Correcting Primer Prep & Perfect
    REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream
    Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Body Cream
    Rodial Super Acids X-treme Acid Rush Peel
    Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy in Supermodel Shine
    Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna Natural Spray Fragrance
    Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream
    Studio 10 Miracle Effect Priming Serum
    Ultrasun Face SPF 30

On sale on November 10, I believe.

I have a couple of these products already and I'm trying to convince myself I don't NEED this but the urge to buy it is very strong... :pac: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Whats the price of the M&S one?

Not sure. Had a quick google but couldn't see anything. In the UK it's £35 but I think you have to spend £35 on food/clothes to get it at that price.

This Estee Lauder The Make Up Artist Collection is €435 on boots.ie but you can get it for €70 if you buy and EL fragrance.

Is it worth €435? I'm not sure, but the Advanced night repair is €67 alone, the two lipsticks, two glosses and mascara are €30+ each.

The cheapest EL perfumes on boots.ie area round €30 each but are all currently 'stock coming soon.'

lauderblockpreview16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

Just got The Balm Mary Luminizer highlighter and love it! €17.50 with free postage.
    Couldn't find it around Galway but some Irish pharmacy websites had it at 22.50 plus 3.95 post so yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Valentina wrote: »
    This Estee Lauder The Make Up Artist Collection is €435 on boots.ie but you can get it for €70 if you buy and EL fragrance.

Is it worth €435? I'm not sure, but the Advanced night repair is €67 alone, the two lipsticks, two glosses and mascara are €30+ each.

The cheapest EL perfumes on boots.ie area round €30 each but are all currently 'stock coming soon.'

lauderblockpreview16.jpg

It looks like I really want it though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Bought the No 7 advent calendar from boots for my sister for Christmas. Products look good and you can't beat the excitement of a new treat everyday. Roll on December 1st :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ooh thanks for the heads up, I've been thinking of splurging on Advanced Night Repair and I want a new perfume too so must have a sniff of the Estee options next time I'm out and about.
    Anyone recommend any of the Estee Lauder perfumes? I like fairly strong, unusual fragrances but am only 31 and would have thought of EL as being aimed at an older lady?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

dee_mc wrote: »
    Ooh thanks for the heads up, I've been thinking of splurging on Advanced Night Repair and I want a new perfume too so must have a sniff of the Estee options next time I'm out and about.
    Anyone recommend any of the Estee Lauder perfumes? I like fairly strong, unusual fragrances but am only 31 and would have thought of EL as being aimed at an older lady?

Some of the older ones are very old lady. Two new ones they have out are Modern Muse Le Rouge Gloss I think and Modern Muse Nuit, and I'm really pleasantly surprised by them they're both really nice.

I'm not sure. I don't own any EL perfumes and would also associate them with older ladies :o

I like oriental, wood, vetiver and vanilla fragrances. I hope they have something that fits that! I'm going in store tomorrow to sniff as many as I can :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

While ye are at the Estee Lauder counter try get a sample of the Advanced Night repair ampoules they are fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Does anyone know if the Kat Von D Metalmatte palette will be coming to Debenhams?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Does anyone know if the Kat Von D Metalmatte palette will be coming to Debenhams?

It just went up!!!! Already bought I was so excited!!!

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123016016899_-1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mejulie805 wrote: »

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123016016899_-1

It's gorgeous! I can't wear these colours myself but they look so beautiful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

GingerLily wrote: »
    It's gorgeous! I can't wear these colours myself but they look so beautiful!!

I actually became so obsessed with it all I had to do was refresh the Debenhams page and see how many products were available. All month it was stuck at 24 and I checked it again there and... 26! The Everlasting Liquid Lipstick collection is there too and looks FABULOUS but that would have been €100 in one fell swoop!
    I don't have too many metals but am very prepared to branch out like nevery before :pac: cannot wait to get this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Getting the Huda beauty Rose gold eyeshadow palette delivered this week, can't wait :D

phazffpuas2qbwe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Mejulie805 - i succumbed. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

mejulie805 wrote: »

I'm not a big one for spending money on palettes but looking at this one my eye is actually twitching from trying to stop myself buying it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just pre ordered the 'Sculpted by Aimee' light and shade palette and brush. I follow her on snapchat and she seems like a really hard working girl and really lovely as well so although I don't need more make up, I thought I'd support her because she is my favourite "blogger" or whatever at the moment. She literally never seems to have a day off. If the product gives me cheekbones like her I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

LizT wrote: »
    Getting the Huda beauty Rose gold eyeshadow palette delivered this week, can't wait :D

phazffpuas2qbwe.jpg

My two arrived (one for a Christmas pressie) & they look gorgeous.

I didn't touch because one is for me for Christmas! :o

The reviews haven't been great, especially when compared to the Modern Renaissance palette (which is outstanding!).

But I'm sure it will be good enough for me! :)

I also have the ABH Mario palette coming from the States.

It gets rave reviews.

Really excited about that one. :D

Advertisement