Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

keredern wrote: »
    My two arrived (one for a Christmas pressie) & they look gorgeous.

I didn't touch because one is for me for Christmas! :o

The reviews haven't been great, especially when compared to the Modern Renaissance palette (which is outstanding!).

But I'm sure it will be good enough for me! :)

I also have the ABH Mario palette coming from the States.

It gets rave reviews.

Really excited about that one. :D

Hiya have you a link for the above pallet please? And thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

La.de.da wrote: »
    Hiya have you a link for the above pallet please? And thanks :)

The Huda palette is sold out on Cult Beauty where I bought it.

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/huda-beauty-textured-shadows-palette-rose-gold-edition.html

I don't think it will be back in stock but you can sign up for an email to let you know if it does come back.

If you email Customer Service, which is very good, they might be able to confirm if they are restocking.

The ABH Mario palette is only available on Macys site for USA delivery only.

I'm getting a friend to forward on to me.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/anastasia-beverly-hills-master-palette-by-mario?ID=3023262&CategoryID=65894#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D41%26slotId%3D1%26kws%3Danastasia%20beverly%20hills

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

The NYX soft matte lip cream vault has finally come to Ireland. it's in Arnotts.

€110!!! It's $65 in the States. That's an unreal rip off. I'm so disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The NYX soft matte lip cream vault has finally come to Ireland. it's in Arnotts.

€110!!! It's $65 in the States. That's an unreal rip off. I'm so disgusted.

Ouch that's nearly double the price given the current exchange rate!
    Is it available in the UK? Might be worth using Parcel Motel or similar to take advantage of the UK/Euro exchange rate?

I went perfume sniffing today because I want to get the Estee Lauder special offer at boots.ie mentioned on this thread a few days ago. The first one I tried and really liked was Modern Muse Nuit; it's quite strong, dark and Wintery and reminds me a bit of Marc Jacobs Decadence which I liked a lot last year but couldn't get around to buying it for some reason! So off I go now to splurge on Estee Lauder stuff, I think I will use everything in it except the gacky bag and possibly the mascara because I'm very picky with mascara :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

dee_mc wrote: »
    Ouch that's nearly double the price given the current exchange rate!
    Is it available in the UK? Might be worth using Parcel Motel or similar to take advantage of the UK/Euro exchange rate?

£85 sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

£85 sterling.

Wow that's some markup.
    My boots.ie Estee Lauder splurge has hit a road block - the perfume I chose doesn't have the link to the special offer! I've emailed them, hopefully will get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bought that pennies foundation brush that looks like a tooth brush. Hated the finish with the foundation but it was unreal for a cream contour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Bought that pennies foundation brush that looks like a tooth brush. Hated the finish with the foundation but it was unreal for a cream contour.

I had the exact same thought! Was far too much work with foundation and was a nightmare to get a nice finish but perfect for countouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Estee Lauder Modern Muse is beautiful, its a young scent I think. I'm in my twenties and wear it. Its a fresh scent, it reminds me of this one by DKNY http://www.boots.ie/en/DKNY-Women-Eau-de-Parfum-Spray-30ml_17248/

http://www.boots.ie/en/Estee-Lauder-Modern-Muse-3-Piece-Luxury-Set-Eau-de-Parfum-gift-set_1901013/

€83 in Debenhams and Arnotts :eek:

http://www.arnotts.ie/estee-lauder-modern-muse-3piece-luxury-set/431485/374300100

€91 in the airport https://www.theloop.ie/p/17616/modern-muse-luxury-collection

The set above contains a 50ml EDP and here the perfume on its own is €83

http://www.boots.ie/en/Estee-Lauder-Modern-Muse-Eau-de-Parfum-50ml-NEW_1381413/

Makes no sense having the gift set cheaper than the perfume on its own lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

My KVD palette arrived :pac: I spent about 3 hours playing with it my eyes are in bits!

Also got an order from birchbox today- a full size amika moisturising mask- I got a sample a few months back and it was unreal so I can't wait to get up and wash my hair tomorrow! Also got four sheet masks from manefit (another birchbox item) they were only 1.99 each and I was so impressed with the one I tried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

The rose gold one?
    I got it too, takes me ages now to put on foundation and my arm gets sore, but i think it gives a nice finish.

My skin is really drying out around my nose. I wear bare minimum make up and nivea primer only.
    Grateful for any tips/product recommendations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Just had my mink eyelashes removed this morning and I'm literally devastated at how bald my eyes look! My eyelashes are in great condition which I'm really surprised by but I look so weird without the minks! I'm glad I went back and had them removed properly and not pulled them off myself. Might give my lashes a break for a few weeks and get them back on for Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I've literally been wearing lash extensions for the past 4 years non stop and couldn't imagine how bald my eyes would look without them. Literally addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just had my mink eyelashes removed this morning and I'm literally devastated at how bald my eyes look! My eyelashes are in great condition which I'm really surprised by but I look so weird without the minks! I'm glad I went back and had them removed properly and not pulled them off myself. Might give my lashes a break for a few weeks and get them back on for Christmas!

How much damage do they do? I'm considering extensions for my wedding next autumn and want to do a trial run, but scared they'll damage my existing eyelashes :(

GingerLily wrote: »
    How much damage do they do? I'm considering extensions for my wedding next autumn and want to do a trial run, but scared they'll damage my existing eyelashes :(

If done properly they shouldnt do much/any damage, but obviously someone who's not good at applying them could always do damage.

I think the above poster was just saying how stark the difference is without them, not that her lashes were actually damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wellyd wrote: »

I feel your pain. I've been wearing the Russian volumes for ages, had to take a break but found the gumi lashes fantastic for helping me through my bald phase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

As people have said, there shouldn't be damage to them if done correctly but to be safe I would get a trial done a good few months in advance of your wedding so that if there is any disaster (hopefully not!) you won't be left bald for your actual wedding, because you won't want to be adding glue etc to already damaged/sparse eyelashes on the day if things go wrong yknow?

If they turn out nice you can just ensure you go back to that person at the time of the wedding or continue maintenance top ups until then. You'd be surprised how quick eyelashes grow back after damage (speaking from bitter experience!).

Also some technicians love the dramatic look no matter how much you use the word natural/subtle so worth trying them out to make sure you're not left feeling uncomfortable in overdone lashes on your wedding day- or vice versa if that's what you're into!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anastasia Beverly Hill Modern Renaissance palette is back in stock on Cult Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Sorry if I caused any confusion earlier! There was Absolutely no damage to my natural eyelashes. The girl I went to was brilliant and I'd highly recommend her she's based on Finishing Touches in Enniscorthy. She gave me a natural look and explained her reasoning for not throwing on loads of extensions especially to suit my eye shape and face shape so I was very happy. I can definitely see myself getting them done again soon but I'm not going to lie I am loving giving my eyes a good rub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anastasia Beverly Hill Modern Renaissance palette is back in stock on Cult Beauty

I missed it on Sephora so I was so excited when I got the email today! I can't wait to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I missed it on Sephora so I was so excited when I got the email today! I can't wait to get it!

It's amazing, you will love it!

It looks like I have an instagram filter on my face when I use it! :o The colours are so pretty, soft and blend like a dream. It's my favourite palette EVER! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Valentina wrote: »
    It's amazing, you will love it!

It looks like I have an instagram filter on my face when I use it! :o The colours are so pretty, soft and blend like a dream. It's my favourite palette EVER! :p

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/anastasia-beverly-hills-modern-renaissance-eye-shadow-palette.html#clktrack&type=product&list=brand&rk=6

Just came on to post it's back too!!! :D

Couldn't agree more...it's fanatstic.

A definite must have!

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/anastasia-beverly-hills-modern-renaissance-eye-shadow-palette.html#clktrack&type=product&list=brand&rk=6

A definite must have!

That Palette looks gorgeous! I'm very tempted.

Its £41 and shipping is free on orders over £50.... since I'd rather spend on product than on shipping, is there anything else on Cult Beauty thats a must have?

Its £41 and shipping is free on orders over £50.... since I'd rather spend on product than on shipping, is there anything else on Cult Beauty thats a must have?

Be tempted! It's the best palette I have! :D

Depends what you're looking for? I love Becca Champagne Pop highlighter and the blush palette, the ABH gel liner and dipbrow is a staple for me, a beautyblender if you don't have a real one?

EDIT: I actually love the Lord & Berry Lip Crayons too. So unlike me to be honest - I am all about cream lipsticks- but it's amazing! I got mine in a Birchbox, and it doesn't look exactly the same as the ones on Cult... but my next cult haul I'll be giving them a go!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Be tempted! It's the best palette I have! :D

Depends what you're looking for? I love Becca Champagne Pop highlighter and the bush palette, the ABH gel liner and dipbrow is a staple for me, a beautyblender if you don't have a real one?

Oh fun, yeah a highlighter would be top of my list as I'm starting to dabble very gently in a bit of contouring :) I was thinking of buying Mary Loumanizer from the Balm but unfortunately its not on Cult Beauty. Would this be similar?

Edit: Is this what you mean? These are the only two face palettes I can see ?

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-blushed-with-light-palette.html

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-lowlight-highlight-perfecting-palette.html

Oh fun, yeah a highlighter would be top of my list as I'm starting to dabble very gently in a bit of contouring :) I was thinking of buying Mary Loumanizer from the Balm but unfortunately its not on Cult Beauty. Would this be similar?

Edit: Is this what you mean? These are the only two face palettes I can see ?

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-blushed-with-light-palette.html

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/becca-lowlight-highlight-perfecting-palette.html

I haven't actually used The Balm's highighters, but Champagne Pop does seem more gold, and the Mary Lou Maniser is a bit sandy looking?
    I actually have the Becca Champagne Split, which had the highlighter and Flowerchild blush, but that was limited edition :(

It kind of depends on your skin tone and preferences. I've seen a lot of people with porcelain skin (like mine) say they don't think the Champagne Pop suits them, but I love the glow it gives my skin! I have a few highlighters and its the only non-frost one I ever reach for!

The blush palette you linked it great (if the colours are your thing). I've actually never looked at the other one before! I much prefer powders to cream contours, but that's because of my unforgiving skin texture :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

A definite must have!

Its 41 and shipping is free on orders over 50.... since I'd rather spend on product than on shipping, is there anything else on Cult Beauty thats a must have?

There's a Becca moonstone try me kit that is 20 that I'll be getting as Christmas gifts for at least one person this year, their products really are excellent.

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I haven't actually used The Balm's highighters, but Champagne Pop does seem more gold, and the Mary Lou Maniser is a bit sandy looking?
    I actually have the Becca Champagne Split, which had the highlighter and Flowerchild blush, but that was limited edition :(

It kind of depends on your skin tone and preferences. I've seen a lot of people with porcelain skin (like mine) say they don't think the Champagne Pop suits them, but I love the glow it gives my skin! I have a few highlighters and its the only non-frost one I ever reach for!

The blush palette you linked it great (if the colours are your thing). I've actually never looked at the other one before! I much prefer powders to cream contours, but that's because of my unforgiving skin texture :eek:

Cream Contouring seems a step beyond me to be honest, not sure I'm brave enough! I've a nice NARS bronzer already so a highlighter would be useful. I bought a cream shimmer in NYX recently but its more of a rose gold colour.

I've fair skin, dark hair and green eyes so not sure if you'd need to be more sallow for Champagne Pop.

There's a Becca moonstone try me kit that is 20 that I'll be getting as Christmas gifts for at least one person this year, their products really are excellent.

I looked up the moonstone kit and have now noticed a very similar one called Opal Glow which looks very similar, just slightly warmer perhaps....

Would moonstone be better for those of us with a fair complexion?

• Advertisement

Cream Contouring seems a step beyond me to be honest, not sure I'm brave enough! I've a nice NARS bronzer already so a highlighter would be useful. I bought a cream shimmer in NYX recently but its more of a rose gold colour.

I've fair skin, dark hair and green eyes so not sure if you'd need to be more sallow for Champagne Pop.

It's definitely up to you! I'm an NC20 in MAC with the same features as you! To be honest I'm not sure what people are on about with it- it does take a very light touch- I'd use a fan brush to apply, so I guess it might look crazy if you pile it on :pac:

Advertisement